PDA

View Full Version : Pleasing

hibbydog
07-04-2019, 10:07 AM
What’s your most pleasing thing about yesterday now that the dust has settled?

A couple of things for me-

1/ we stood up to them physically and showed them for what they are - a one dimensional team of hammer throwers who can’t win a game if the bully boy tactics don’t work

2/ we had less of the ball but did more with it. And it’s because we have much better footballers than they do.

Pleasing

makaveli1875
07-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Beating them at Tynie

Santa Cruz
07-04-2019, 10:15 AM
What’s your most pleasing thing about yesterday now that the dust has settled?

A couple of things for me-

1/ we stood up to them physically and showed them for what they are - a one dimensional team of hammer throwers who can’t win a game if the bully boy tactics don’t work

2/ we had less of the ball but did more with it. And it’s because we have much better footballers than they do.

Pleasing

BBC stats saying Hibs had more possession that I found a bit surprising.

Hibeewilly
07-04-2019, 10:17 AM
correct...….52% us 48% them

Leith Green
07-04-2019, 10:18 AM

It probably doesn’t include the amount of time the ball is in the air or the scramble to win second balls from their constant long balls. Their style of play makes it feel like they have possession but in most of these spells they actually dont.

Zazu62
07-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Delighted we’ve ended the Tynie hoodoo...been at the back of my mind for a while although I kind of treated the Hanlon 2-2 as a win because we went on to win the Scottish cup

Hibrandenburg
07-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Pleasing is that for a change they had the most clear cut chances but we won the game. Can't remember the amount of times it was the other way round.

SRHibs
07-04-2019, 10:25 AM
We took a bit of a beating with long balls, but no one could’ve complained if we’d scored 4/5. I think I’m most happy about the fact that Heckingbottom ‘got’ the game. I have to admit I thought it might take a while longer to acclimate to the league, and based on the way we set up vs the OF I was a little bit worried about yesterday. However, I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

Leith Green
07-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Pleasing is that for a change they had the most clear cut chances but we won the game. Can't remember the amount of times it was the other way round.

Watching it back i actually thought we had as many good chances probably more. Mcnulty header , omeonga from 6 yards , mcnulty one on one with keeper , mallan free kick all spring to mind. We could have scored 5 or 6 to be honest. One of they games it could have been any score , im not seeing that they created more chances than us though , lots of penalty box scrambling but i thought we carved them open more often than they did with us.

matty_f
07-04-2019, 10:27 AM
My favourite thing by a mile was that yesterday we beat them knowing that they were stronger than us height-wise and potentially strength-wise but rather than trying to match up against what they were good at, Heckingbottom backed his players to beat them doing what we were better than them at - playing football.

Made for a better game of football than there has been since Stubbs left in that fixture, and meant we won.

No talk of wars of attrition or the tiny Tiny pitch, just about how we did what we're good at and won.

Pleasing, as they say.

Joe6-2
07-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Delighted we’ve ended the Tynie hoodoo...been at the back of my mind for a while although I kind of treated the Hanlon 2-2 as a win because we went on to win the Scottish cup

Me too

07-04-2019, 10:34 AM

I thought that at the time too but I'm not so sure now as McNulty had the header from just a few yards out and the one on one with the keeper plus there was Omeonga one near the end. They had more chances but the only really clear cut ones I can remember were the 2 Djoum blasted over the bar. Maybe someone will remind me of some others.

Edit: Just seen that Leith Green has said much the same. :D

hibbydog
07-04-2019, 10:35 AM
My favourite thing by a mile was that yesterday we beat them knowing that they were stronger than us height-wise and potentially strength-wise but rather than trying to match up against what they were good at, Heckingbottom backed his players to beat them doing what we were better than them at - playing football.

Made for a better game of football than there has been since Stubbs left in that fixture, and meant we won.

No talk of wars of attrition or the tiny Tiny pitch, just about how we did what we're good at and won.

Pleasing, as they say.

Aye that’s the thing. We had the muscle at the back when we needed it and better technical players when we got the ball down.

Chuffed

Keith_M
07-04-2019, 10:36 AM
The second goal. Goal of the month award, surely.

TheMentalHibees
07-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Didn’t get to see it but the thought of that mouthguard wearing buffoon Berra’s face after the final whistle is very pleasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
07-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Didn’t get to see it but the thought of that mouthguard wearing buffoon Berra’s face after the final whistle is very pleasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he's spewing.

Killiehibbie
07-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Football won the game. The version they use is not pleasing at all. Imagine paying to watch them every week.

Tug Wilson
07-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Has to be that we came back to win after going behind.

With Hecky at the wheel we feel even less boy band than with Lenny.