PDA

View Full Version : Michael Appleton

Since452
07-04-2019, 06:26 AM
I've heard he may be negotiating his dismissal package pretty soon over at the PBS

Beefster
07-04-2019, 06:30 AM
I wouldn’t put it past them. Utterly obsessed with us and will see it as putting one over on us. That’s despite us being unbeaten in the league and pumping them in their own backyard at the first attempt with the guy we did appoint.

RoxburghHibs
07-04-2019, 06:30 AM
I've heard he may be negotiating his dismissal package pretty soon over at the PBS

Appleton isn’t at Hearts so how can he be negotiating a dismissal package?

RoxburghHibs
07-04-2019, 06:33 AM
I wouldn’t put it past them. Utterly obsessed with us and will see it as putting one over on us. That’s despite us being unbeaten in the league and pumping them in their own backyard at the first attempt with the guy we did appoint.

Ah I see he means Levein will get punted and Appleton appointed. Not sure how that would be contrived as putting one over us as he didn’t get the job at Easter Road. He would be a Hibs reject :wink:

MyJo
07-04-2019, 02:34 PM
Appleton isn’t at Hearts so how can he be negotiating a dismissal package?

It’s a reference to that being the reason he didn’t take the Hibs job. We offered a four month severance package and he wasn’t willing to accept anything less than 12 months apparently.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2019, 02:51 PM
The week before a semi final, i’d be surprised
Not surprised at all if they lose though

J-C
07-04-2019, 03:20 PM
It’s a reference to that being the reason he didn’t take the Hibs job. We offered a four month severance package and he wasn’t willing to accept anything less than 12 months apparently.

Leeann dismissed that and said Heckinbottom was the no1 target.

Lancs Harp
07-04-2019, 05:08 PM
I sincerely hope he gets the Hearts gig. We seriously dodged a bullet there but he likes his football on the dull cautious and negative side so should go down well at PBS. Has a habit of disappearing when it suits him if things arent going well. He wouldnt last a year.

kevinc
07-04-2019, 10:02 PM
I sincerely hope he gets the Hearts gig. We seriously dodged a bullet there but he likes his football on the dull cautious and negative side so should go down well at PBS. Has a habit of disappearing when it suits him if things arent going well. He wouldnt last a year.

Agreed, Salford wide boy who, I believe, would have been a disaster due to his lack of knowledge of Scottish football and his huge ego.

CMurdoch
07-04-2019, 10:10 PM

I believe what she said was that Heck was the only person offered the job, which is a nice wee game of semantics.

Hibernia&Alba
07-04-2019, 10:21 PM

Of course the club will say that. No club admits they appointed their second choice, but, whether they did or not, it's working out very well.

oldbutdim
07-04-2019, 10:28 PM
I believe what she said was that Heck was the only person offered the job, which is a nice wee game of semantics.

Or maybe what actually happened?

:wink:

CMurdoch
07-04-2019, 10:48 PM
Or maybe what actually happened?

:wink:

It was, Appleton wasn't offered the job because he wouldn't agree to our severance conditions.

Hibernia&Alba
07-04-2019, 10:51 PM
It was, Appleton wasn't offered the job because he wouldn't agree to our severance conditions.

Hopefully, he's now kicking himself. I'd be surprised if he gets a better offer in the future.

jacomo
07-04-2019, 10:52 PM

I get the impression Leeann’s recruitment process runs to slightly more than: ‘You’ve got an hour. Show us your PowerPoint.’ It certainly took long enough.

We might have entered into negotiations over terms but then paused for thought when Appleton came back with his demands.

It doesn’t look like we got our second choice.

CMurdoch
08-04-2019, 12:14 AM
Hopefully, he's now kicking himself. I'd be surprised if he gets a better offer in the future.

It's worked out well for us too date.
No way could Appleton have bettered it.

Leanne has come up trumps 3 times in a row with managers.
Remarkable.

worcesterhibby
08-04-2019, 02:39 AM
I don’t know him from Adam, but Appleton comes across as a narcissist with a huge ego. We dodged a bullet imho

Crunchie
08-04-2019, 03:05 AM

Dodged a bullet there me thinks.

08-04-2019, 09:30 AM

Dodged a bullet there me thinks.

Leeann dodged a bullet and Ann Budge was standing right behind her.

Hibbyradge
08-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Why are people saying that we dodged a bullet?

No-one knows how he would have fared.

You never know, he might be our next head coach.

Wilson
08-04-2019, 10:28 AM
Why are people saying that we dodged a bullet?

No-one knows how he would have fared.

You never know, he might be our next head coach.

Agreed. We would only know we'd dodged a bullet if he flopped at a club with similar ambitions and resources.

As for being a narcissist with a huge ego... that just about describes every manager I've ever had!

PatHead
27-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Got a job at West Brom until the end of the season.

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2019, 06:57 PM
I don’t know him from Adam, but Appleton comes across as a narcissist with a huge ego. We dodged a bullet imho

Why would Hearts appoint him then, they already have one of those :greengrin