PDA

View Full Version : throw ins

greenpaper55
06-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Is it my imagination or have we been practicing throw ins? for years we have been throwing the ball down the line or targeting our players throats with no chance of winning the ball. Now we take plenty of time and lo and behold there seems to be movement as well , not rocket science but well done to to the new coaching staff.

Cat Stanton
06-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Is it my imagination or have we been practicing throw ins? for years we have been throwing the ball down the line or targeting our players throats with no chance of winning the ball. Now we take plenty of time and lo and behold there seems to be movement as well , not rocket science but well done to to the new coaching staff.

On the evidence of the first half, it's your imagination...

Onceinawhile
06-04-2019, 07:29 PM
Some ones already said the opposite, but aye, there's been a huge improvement.

Goal v livi and first half v killie we only gave the ball away once.

Wasn't too good today, but still improved.

wookie70
06-04-2019, 07:33 PM
We are better but still need improvement. Tiny isn't the best place to judge as the pitch is very small and the ball boys and crowd make it impossible to take quick throws. Hearts even have towels for their throwers which I thought was against the rules.

Our set pieces in general have been much better under Heck imo and we are scoring regularly from corners and even throw ins!

adhibs
06-04-2019, 07:44 PM
Agree about taking plenty of time over them. Disagree about the movement.

hibbyfraelibby
06-04-2019, 07:50 PM
The coconut only came on the pitch because SDG needed help with his shy...

greenpaper55
06-04-2019, 08:00 PM
The coconut only came on the pitch because SDG needed help with his shy...

Boom boom

skyhibs
06-04-2019, 08:02 PM
We are absolutely terrible at throw ins...... I watched hearts when they get throws, we don’t even mark up and we let them throw to their players.... when we throw in, it’s a lottery who they go too.... but who cares today, brilliant result agains the wee team the day.....

Lang Toun hibby
06-04-2019, 09:58 PM
We are absolutely terrible at throw ins...... I watched hearts when they get throws, we don’t even mark up and we let them throw to their players.... when we throw in, it’s a lottery who they go too.... but who cares today, brilliant result agains the wee team the day.....

100% agree re throw ins. Its been a bugbear of mine for ages. If the coaching staff are on the ball this area should have been addressed before now. I hasn't improved, both Gray and Stevenson throw it up the line and we invariably lose it. No movement generally especially towards the thrower.

eastcoasthibby
07-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Our problem is that both Lewis and SDG arent quick enough thinking players make the movement or run and by the time they think to do it the second is lost, its got to be done instantly.Its a bit like Lewis's passing he delays instead of playing it when the players makes the initial move or playing into the space a player is going to he waits til they are there and normally standing waiting or the option gets shut down ...a lot more work to be done either that or just get fullbacks that can throw the ball 25 yards all the time 😁

J-C
07-04-2019, 08:34 AM
Only problems at throw ins which really annoys me is players standing like statues instead of moving to receive the ball.

The 90+2
07-04-2019, 08:39 AM
3 times sir David threw to a hearts player in the first half.

Always hard against them tho as they are giants.

sauzee=legend
07-04-2019, 08:39 AM
We are better but still need improvement. Tiny isn't the best place to judge as the pitch is very small and the ball boys and crowd make it impossible to take quick throws. Hearts even have towels for their throwers which I thought was against the rules.

Our set pieces in general have been much better under Heck imo and we are scoring regularly from corners and even throw ins!

Only against the rules if they refuse to allow Hibs to use them too.
So all we need to do is ask for the towel and as soon as we are refused, the towels have got to be removed from the side of the pitch.

Carheenlea
07-04-2019, 08:41 AM
The ball boys armed with towels by Dr Football to hand to their own players for extra purchase on the long aerial throws was silky. Long throws, long punts - no wonder their fans were drifting away long before the end.

dchibs
07-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Our problem is that both Lewis and SDG arent quick enough thinking players make the movement or run and by the time they think to do it the second is lost, its got to be done instantly.Its a bit like Lewis's passing he delays instead of playing it when the players makes the initial move or playing into the space a player is going to he waits til they are there and normally standing waiting or the option gets shut down ...a lot more work to be done either that or just get fullbacks that can throw the ball 25 yards all the time 😁

What happened to the Milligan long throws we saw on youtube befour he singed for us.

The Modfather
07-04-2019, 08:46 AM
I can feel myself aging when David Gray gets a throw in.

Bangkok Hibby
07-04-2019, 09:26 AM
3 times sir David threw to a hearts player in the first half.

Always hard against them tho as they are giants.

I counted six then stopped. I agree there is definitely more movement now but the thrower has to be quicker to take advantage.

Eyrie
07-04-2019, 09:48 AM
It's something they need to work on, as has been the case for decades.

Unless it's a quick throw, the defence will be organised and potential recipients marked, so the ball has the be thrown to a spot which the recipient is moving to rather than already at. A static recipient is easy to defend.