View Full Version : The Heckingbottom League Table

06-04-2019, 07:16 PM

Looking good.

HibeeHibernian4
06-04-2019, 07:17 PM
“We’ll never get better than Lennon.”

wookie70
06-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Lennon managed 20 points from 8 games at the tail end of last season with McGinn, Scotty, Dylan and Boyle etc all flying. He managed to do it only once in an eight game spell in the top league(5 home and 3 away) and didn't manage 20 points from 8 consecutive league games in the Championship at all.
Stubbs beat 20 points in 8 games twice with a run of 8 wins one season obviously in the championship.

Put in context Heck is doing what everyone was raving about last season with a tiny squad, minus some important players, and managed to do it winning 4 consecutive away games. Two of those away games were venues Lennon and a few of his predecessors failed to win at during their time here.

21sMay
06-04-2019, 07:31 PM
That's an outstanding achievement. 13 point he has won more than hearts since arriving

supermcginn
06-04-2019, 07:32 PM
YoUlL nEVER gEt bEtTEr ThAn LeNnOn

Sir David Gray
06-04-2019, 07:34 PM
13 point swing over Hearts is outstanding.

That sort of form over a whole season would have us challenging for the title.

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2019, 07:34 PM
That's an outstanding achievement. 13 point he has won more than hearts since arriving

Indeed. That's some amount of ground made up in just eight games.

tamig
06-04-2019, 07:43 PM
And some people were “worried about this appointment already” at HT against the hun at ER.

Hibs90
06-04-2019, 07:46 PM
YoUlL nEVER gEt bEtTEr ThAn LeNnOn
:greengrin

Hannah_hfc
06-04-2019, 08:37 PM
I’m really buzzing for Heck that despite the mixed reaction when he came in ( shows we’re not all experts...) he’s quietly gone about his business and worked wonders with a squad we had all lost faith in.

Shows the strengths of a bit of man management, we have a good squad when they are given some belief and some confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
07-04-2019, 11:15 AM
I’m really buzzing for Heck that despite the mixed reaction when he came in ( shows we’re not all experts...) he’s quietly gone about his business and worked wonders with a squad we had all lost faith in.

Shows the strengths of a bit of man management, we have a good squad when they are given some belief and some confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAmazing what can happen when a manager backs his players and gives them a bit of shape confidence and belief...compared to Russian roulette team selection and public bullying and lambasting of individuals. Apparently we will never get better than Lennon tho according to his media pals

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tug Wilson
07-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Apparently we will never get better than Lennon tho according to his media pals

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And some on here

Sammy7nil
07-04-2019, 11:47 AM
And some people were “worried about this appointment already” at HT against the hun at ER.

He has had a fantastic start and long may it continue. However if there is anyone who thinks we have not been riding our luck a little and had the rub of green we often fail to get they are mistaken.

highland hibbee
07-04-2019, 11:50 AM
He has had a fantastic start and long may it continue. However if there is anyone who thinks we have not been riding our luck a little and had the rub of green we often fail to get they are mistaken.

aye and the harder him and the team work, the luckier we get.

WeAreHibs
07-04-2019, 11:54 AM
“We’ll never get better than Lennon.”

Who?

dchibs
07-04-2019, 12:00 PM
When he came in he said for us to be in the top six we need to play like a top three team I think it was, the whole team have delivered brilliantly.:aok:

BegbieHSC
07-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Eating so much humble pie - I was not impressed at all when we announced him.

Now? I reckon he was an inspired appointment, picking us up at a time of crisis. At the time, I thought we were going to be lucky to finish 8th. We now have an outside chance of qualifying for Europe.

Well done Hecky - looking forward to the future with you!

500miles
07-04-2019, 12:13 PM
We've had a couple of games where we got the luck we needed, but I think that the real key to success is that the players are buying in. It also helps that McNulty is giving us a real focal point.

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2019, 12:23 PM
Really hope this finally convinces people to stop negativity judging players/managers before they've had a chance. So many things that go into a manager or player struggling elsewhere. Personal problems, mental health, problems with coaching staff, adapting to new surroundings, not getting time or things that were promised, players not doing their jobs etc. When it all comes together and the guy can do his job, especially a very intelligent guy like PH, it can be ****ing brilliant.

04-05-2019, 11:39 PM

Jambos on a demoralising run of form. Surely Celtic will beat them comfortably in the final.