PDA

View Full Version : Referee decisions at Tynecastle

Diclonius
06-04-2019, 06:30 PM
I guess I wasn't the only one who was even more pleased at the win when I found out our first goal was offside.

GIRUY. See how it feels for once.

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2019, 06:33 PM
I guess I wasn't the only one who was even more pleased at the win when I found out our first goal was offside.

Aye, I said on here before the game we never decisions against them, but fair's fair, that went our way. And what about their penalty shout just near half time? My heart was in my mouth; I haven't seen a replay yet, but it looked a penalty at the time.

Sammy7nil
06-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Said on another thread all the big decisions and most 50\50 went our way

brianmc
06-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Aye, I said on here before the game we never decisions against them, but fair's fair, that went our way. And what about their penalty shout just near half time? My heart was in my mouth; I haven't seen a replay yet, but it looked a penalty at the time.

If it had been a challenge on one of our players we'd have been 100% screaming for a penalty...

Onceinawhile
06-04-2019, 06:36 PM

It would have been soft. But it was probably just a penalty.

Having said that. Gray was down with a head knock so it shouldn't have got that far.

Onion
06-04-2019, 06:36 PM

Tough for the Yams who are so used to getting clear-cut decisions inexplicably go their way in these games. Just ask Griffiths and Shaw :greengrin

hfc rd
06-04-2019, 06:41 PM
About time!

thebakerboy
06-04-2019, 07:09 PM
When the ball wasnt cleared the ref stopped the game for the head injury in the box , so the penalty was never going to be given.

Sammy7nil
06-04-2019, 07:11 PM
When the ball wasnt cleared the ref stopped the game for the head injury in the box , so the penalty was never going to be given.

He could have stopped the game with a penalty.

sauzee6_2
06-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Let’s be honest, we got away with a few today.

1 - in my opinion Omeonga’s is a stone wall penalty
2 - McNulty is offside for the first goal
3 - McNulty should have seen red rather than yellow
4 - McGregor could have been sent off rather than booked

But you know what....this makes it all the sweeter 😂🇳🇬😉🤪

calumhibee1
06-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Never a penalty in a million years. It took them about 4 different angles to show anything even resembling contact and even then it’s nowhere near enough to collapse in a heap like that over rated huddy did.

The offside, I’ll give you that.

Hibs Class
06-04-2019, 07:18 PM
Hearts were offside by a greater margin at a quick free kick a short while earlier and it wasn't given either. So both teams got an error in their favour. We just happened to make more of ours.

Onceinawhile
06-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Let’s be honest, we got away with a few today.

1 - in my opinion Omeonga’s is a stone wall penalty
2 - McNulty is offside for the first goal
3 - McNulty should have seen red rather than yellow
4 - McGregor could have been sent off rather than booked

But you know what....this makes it all the sweeter 😂🇳🇬😉🤪

1. Game should have been stopped for a head knock.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.

Weegreenman
06-04-2019, 08:12 PM
First goal was offside
Omeonga definitely kicked Souter - stonewall penalty
McGregors sliding tackle - straight red

This makes the win even more satisfying :na na: GIRFUY :flag:

sauzee6_2
06-04-2019, 08:18 PM
1. Game should have been stopped for a head knock.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.

So you don’t play to the whistle?

Collum didn’t blow for the head knock meaning the challenge was in play, stonewalled in my opinion

we are hibs
06-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Good. That's 1 out of about 100 derby decisions we have seen evened up. Here's to the other 99

greenlex
06-04-2019, 08:22 PM
Another couple of hundred and we should be about even.

matty_f
06-04-2019, 08:25 PM
Hopefully that's the start of us getting some of the big decisions back.
I didn't think Omeonga's was a penalty, if there's contact us minimal and not a foul. McGregor's was rightly a yellow card, and same with McNulty, his foot has come down on the Hearts player's foot but he wasn't reckless or dangerous, so yellow was right.

Hearts had an offside that wasn't given, and I think they got a goal kick when it should have been either our corner or a foul on Sir David.

McNulty is definitely offside but we still had loads to do before we score.

Fife-Hibee
06-04-2019, 08:33 PM
That was never a penalty. If that's what penalties are being given for now, then we may as well pack the game in.

The goal was offside, but that tory jobby of a linesman let them away with a few in the first half to no avail, unfortunately for him.

That Ikpeazu should have been booked for persistent simulation. The amount of times he ran into a hibs player and threw himself down to the deck was staggering. Not nearly as staggering as him actually getting the decisions though.

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2019, 08:55 PM
That was never a penalty. If that's what penalties are being given for now, then we may as well pack the game in.

The goal was offside, but that tory jobby of a linesman let them away with a few in the first half to no avail, unfortunately for him.

That Ikpeazu should have been booked for persistent simulation. The amount of times he ran into a hibs player and threw himself down to the deck was staggering. Not nearly as staggering as him actually getting the decisions though.

I said as much during the game. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone appeal for as many penalties as that guy.

Tug Wilson
06-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Hearts seemed to have 3 penalty claims.

First one was a hand ball. Never a pen.

Next was Stevenson's tackle where he gets the ball and the Hearts player falls over him.

Lastly, Souttar is reaching for the ball. Although Omeonga makes some contact with Souttar's outstretched foot it is not really enough for him to fall over like he did.

None of them are penalties.

Strangely Daz's tackle is probably not a red as he makes no contact. Haring leaps out of the way. Looks dramatic but yellow probably correct.

McNulty is clumsy more than anything. Again a yellow is probably spot on.

Just my opinion.

Doesn't really matter though.

Final score 1-2

Mind the gap.

Crab apple
06-04-2019, 09:00 PM
Hopefully that's the start of us getting some of the big decisions back.
I didn't think Omeonga's was a penalty, if there's contact us minimal and not a foul. McGregor's was rightly a yellow card, and same with McNulty, his foot has come down on the Hearts player's foot but he wasn't reckless or dangerous, so yellow was right.

Hearts had an offside that wasn't given, and I think they got a goal kick when it should have been either our corner or a foul on Sir David.

McNulty is definitely offside but we still had loads to do before we score.

That’s pretty much how I saw it too.

Hibernia&Alba
06-04-2019, 09:03 PM
Hearts seemed to have 3 penalty claims.

First one was a hand ball. Never a pen.

Next was Stevenson's tackle where he gets the ball and the Hearts player falls over him.

Lastly, Souttar is reaching for the ball. Although Omeonga makes some contact with Souttar's outstretched foot it is not really enough for him to fall over like he did.

None of them are penalties.

Strangely Daz's tackle is probably not a red as he makes no contact. Haring leaps out of the way. Looks dramatic but yellow probably correct.

McNulty is clumsy more than anything. Again a yellow is probably spot on.

Just my opinion.

Doesn't really matter though.

Final score 1-2

Mind the gap.

Where can I pick up a pair of those green tinted spectacles? :greengrin

On another day we could have been in trouble with the points highlighted, but, I agree, 1-2 is the score and we've been done by bad decisions against them many times.

lyonhibs
06-04-2019, 09:07 PM
I hope they all should have gone against us, without a shadow of a doubt. Would make minor inroads into the debit column of ***** decisions we've suffered against them over the last few years.

Killiehibbie
06-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Maybe these decisions will start to even things up a bit but an awful long way ro go.

hibbydog
06-04-2019, 09:10 PM
I hope they all should have gone against us, without a shadow of a doubt. Would make minor inroads into the debit column of ***** decisions we've suffered against them over the last few years.

^ this in spades^

We were well overdue a decision or two in our favour against that lot to make up for the decisions against us,
Mainly the goals which were not awarded

GIRFUY

dalkeith stu
06-04-2019, 10:00 PM

Spot on!! If he'd gone down naturally there wouldn't have been any complaints if the ref had given it but with Souttar making a meal of it the ref saw through his bs!!

Tomsk
06-04-2019, 11:17 PM
I can't believe people are even talking about that Omeonga incident being a penalty. A clack of boots between two players going for the same ball, neither of them anywhere near in possession or remotely in control of, then the Hearts prick takes a step and then falls over. :confused:

The Harp Awakes
06-04-2019, 11:26 PM
I can't believe people are even talking about that Omeonga incident being a penalty. A clack of boots between two players going for the same ball, neither of them anywhere near in possession or remotely in control of, then the Hearts prick takes a step and then falls over. :confused:

Agreed. Soutar threw himself down like he was hit by a shotgun. What a f@nny.

Onceinawhile
07-04-2019, 06:55 AM
So you don’t play to the whistle?

Collum didn’t blow for the head knock meaning the challenge was in play, stonewalled in my opinion

Of course you play to the whistle, but if we're talking bad refereeing decisions, it was a bad decision not to stop the game for the head knock. So if he had got everything right today, they still wouldn't have had a penalty.

TheCabbage
07-04-2019, 07:22 AM
McGregors challenge no different to that wee Fanny’s Cochranes on McGinn at ER.
They can **** right off

Onion
07-04-2019, 07:52 AM
Of course you play to the whistle, but if we're talking bad refereeing decisions, it was a bad decision not to stop the game for the head knock. So if he had got everything right today, they still wouldn't have had a penalty.

Correct ! But you cannot blame Hearts or the media for the confusion. The Obsessed have (ASE) an Acquired Sense of Entitlement disease built up over the years of inexplicable decisions they've been given in derbies. Yesterday felt a little it like May 16 - a rare day when Hibs were given a fair crack of the whip. Love it, doesn't happen that often.

heretoday
07-04-2019, 08:16 AM
I thought the ref did OK. He didn't bow to pressure from the home crowd or from Hearts forwards who were diving all over the place.

wookie70
07-04-2019, 08:25 AM
One of Collums better games. Wasn't card happy and let the game be a proper Derby by allowing some physical tussles. He was shocking at dealing with the smoke bombs though and he really needs to do a check of the full pitch before a restart. We kicked off after their goal and two stewards were still working on the pitch. I was glad we weren't wearing our yellow away top as with the standard of linesman we get I could easily have seen these safety jacketed workers playing Hearts onside. I can't remember if it was our equaliser or winner but he started the game while the smoke bomb was in full flow and any player having to run into that corner would naot have been able to see and struggle to breath. He was good yesterday but those are basics and he got them badly wrong.

ED Hibee
07-04-2019, 08:37 AM
Neil Berry’s challenge on Paul Wright only given yellow
Grant Brebner’s Red card
Dean Shiels red card
Foster’s goal ruled out
Stevenson’s no red card later given by compliance officer
Blacks assault on Griffiths
Griffiths goal rule out
Olly’s goal ruled out

None of the decisions that Hearts were moaning about yesterday were as blatantly bad as any of the above and these are just off the top of my head without having to give any thought to them. We need a decade worth of decisions going our way for it to be evened up against them.

The biggest complaint I have from the referee yesterday was how Ikpeazu managed to avoid getting a yellow card for persistent fouling!:greengrin

erin go bragh
07-04-2019, 08:40 AM
About time we got some decisions in our favour. Plenty roasters on Keek back pre game hoping to win by a dubious goal 👌
Well suck it up you shower of charity robbing pompous deluded cants.