PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

alihibs1
06-04-2019, 02:34 PM
This guy gets it. Very talented footballer and we are lucky to have him.

Hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-04-2019, 02:36 PM
For such a young player he shows great composure and has a good eye for a pass, will do well in his later career.

Well done young man.

Aldo
06-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Unlucky not to get MOTM. Thought he was very good today!

nellio
06-04-2019, 03:01 PM
He's great. Love the guy.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 03:03 PM
I wasn't impressed with him at all. Too lightweight I thought.

Obviously I'm wrong.

Ozyhibby
06-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Hopefully we can get him back on loan next season. Cracking player.
Don’t get the lightweight claims, he wins tackles all over the pitch?

southsider
06-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Aye ur mate . He was magnificent today GGTTH

BSEJVT
06-04-2019, 03:12 PM
I think Omeonga will develop into a fine footballer and has enough attributes at present to start and do very well for us.

His energy levels are fantastic and for a wee guy he isnt afraid to get stuck in or to hide from battle with older and bigger opponents.

He runs with the ball really well and covers a lot of ground, but IMO his use of the ball is at present pretty poor.

Have no doubt that that will come with age though.

Glad that he is with us at present

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Hopefully we can get him back on loan next season. Cracking player.
Don’t get the lightweight claims, he wins tackles all over the pitch?

:agree: he’s not afraid to get stuck in and has quality on the ball.

coco22
06-04-2019, 03:14 PM
I thought a great mix of getting stuck in and playing the ball with good vision. Really rate him. Was done in at the end too - a sign he had given it all

06-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Class wee humble player who soaks up every bit of adulation he has earned.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-04-2019, 03:16 PM
I thought he was outstanding from around 30 mins onwards. Got stuck right in. The commentator mentioned how he thought omeonga might struggle with the physical aspect but he got torn right in. Even when he was pushed out wide when flo went off his energy levels were excellent

A really exciting young player. Would love him back at ER next season

Was my motm but will defer to Jonnyboy for the final say when he gives his match analysis

CMac1988
06-04-2019, 03:16 PM
:agree: he’s not afraid to get stuck in and has quality on the ball.

Love's too put a foot on and does what he can to win the ball regardless if size and weight. Good to see. Mon the Piano Man.

IWasThere2016
06-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Played very well today

-Jonesy-
06-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Done well to get back up after getting launched a clean 6 foot head over erchie and taking a sore bump

Crab apple
06-04-2019, 03:21 PM
He displayed a huge range of qualities: pace, composure, passing and a bit of dig. All great attributes if you’re going to win at that hovel. Really impressed by him.

04Sauzee
06-04-2019, 03:21 PM

Obviously I'm wrong.

Not even close to being lightweight , won loads of midfield battles, still learning how to play the game in Scotland. Fantastic player and will follow his career closely. Very lucky to have him .

calumhibee1
06-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Wonderful player.

wookie70
06-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Getting better every game and so full of energy. We need another one or two like that in the midfield area.

James70
06-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Sheer class, great wee player.:agree:

heretoday
06-04-2019, 03:35 PM
We need to feed him up a bit. He's a great find.

supermcginn
06-04-2019, 03:59 PM

Obviously I'm wrong.

Yes you are very wrong

bigwheel
06-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Obviously I'm wrong.

You got one of those points right [emoji6]

hibsbollah
06-04-2019, 04:30 PM
That bit of skill at the byeline, inchperfect cross which Mark put wide...was serious quality, looked yet again every inch a player who can play at a high level.

J-C
06-04-2019, 04:37 PM
I think Omeonga will develop into a fine footballer and has enough attributes at present to start and do very well for us.

His energy levels are fantastic and for a wee guy he isnt afraid to get stuck in or to hide from battle with older and bigger opponents.

He runs with the ball really well and covers a lot of ground, but IMO his use of the ball is at present pretty poor.

Have no doubt that that will come with age though.

Glad that he is with us at present

States on his wiki that he's 5'10" if that's true then he's no a wee guy, tbh he only looks around 5'8"

J-C
06-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Yes you are very wrong

Whooooosh

Famous Fiver
06-04-2019, 04:47 PM
How did he end up at Easter Road? Smart bit of work by someone.

I understand he already had 17 Serie A appearances this season.

Swedish hibee
06-04-2019, 04:48 PM

Obviously I'm wrong.

You are very tough to please!

coldingham hibs
06-04-2019, 04:51 PM
Magic wee player, gives his all every game & plays for the jersey. A great signing by whoever spotted him.

supermcginn
06-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Whooooosh

Not a whoosh. The guy is clueless and doesnt rate him

tamig
06-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Whooooosh

Seem to be a load falling for it. Crazy.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 05:07 PM
Yes you are very wrong

Is it possible to be less wrong?

I can't ever properly analyse a derby cos I get so nervous.

As well as not being impressed with Omeonga, I don't know why folk are giving SDG such praise, and I thought Hibs were very fortunate to win.

Mind you, I'm on holiday in Mallorca, half jaked and, obviously, half daft.

I'll reassess when I watch it again later.

I'm bloody delighted though! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 05:09 PM

:faf:

hibsbollah
06-04-2019, 05:13 PM

As well as not being impressed with Omeonga, I don't know why folk are giving SDG such praise, and I thought Hibs were very fortunate to win.

Everyone's entitled to be wrong:greengrin
Hope you have a great holiday, mine has just started, I've cracked open a nice wee bottle of red in front of a roaring fire:party: Cheers to Hibs fans everywhere.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Everyone's entitled to be wrong:greengrin
Hope you have a great holiday, mine has just started, I've cracked open a nice wee bottle of red in front of a roaring fire:party: Cheers to Hibs fans everywhere.

Splendid.

Have fun.

HibeeHibernian4
06-04-2019, 05:16 PM
The amount of loan players who’d come into a derby and have no clue what it meant to us. Omeonga gets it. Throw money at him and sign him up. Please.

erin go bragh
06-04-2019, 05:18 PM

Obviously I'm wrong.

Obviously 🤔😂

LaMotta
06-04-2019, 05:24 PM

Obviously I'm wrong.

You are wrong on this one :greengrin

Brilliant with the ball in tight spaces, outstanding the number of times he nicked the ball away from people cleanly. Few stray passes but apart from that a great performance.

California-Hibs
06-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Said it from day one! Fantastic player!!

hfc rd
06-04-2019, 06:08 PM
He has been a terrific loan signing! Some of his touches and movement are a joy to watch.

Really hope there is a chance that we can land him permanently. Him and Scott Allan together in midfield would be very fun to watch 😊

Also his reaction at the end towards the BT Sports camera was brilliant! 👍🏾😁

Wakeyhibee
06-04-2019, 06:17 PM

Post of the year HR lol enjoy

J-C
06-04-2019, 06:43 PM

Whoooosh x 2

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Post of the year HR lol enjoy

You should have seen me during the game.

Shouting and swearing at a Spanish TV. I ended up getting cuddled by a laddie a third of my age cos he saw my passion.

I knew we'd win ...

Saturday Boy
06-04-2019, 06:50 PM

Shouting and swearing at a Spanish TV. I ended up getting cuddled by a laddie a third of my age cos he saw my passion.

I knew we'd win ...

Careful D, some of these posters won’t have met you 😂.

Signed: a mildly inebriated Jim on a bus 😂

stoneyburn hibs
06-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Santa has my letter, Omeonga and McNulty to be starting for Hibs in August.
Bit early but hopefully one of the first ones read.

Irish_Steve
06-04-2019, 06:54 PM
There`s not a snowball`s chance in hell of us signing hime (notice I didn`t mention baked bean baths!) but I would love to see him back next year on a season long loan. Terrific wee player and not afraid to put it about as witnessed today and many an other time!

LaMotta
06-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Whoooosh x 2

It wasnt a whoosh! HR was being serious!

Wakeyhibee
06-04-2019, 07:00 PM

I knew we'd win ...

One man party in Largs also get the laddie a pint if you haven't already :)

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 07:07 PM
Careful D, some of these posters won’t have met you 😂.

Signed: a mildly inebriated Jim on a bus 😂

The laddie hadn't met me either. 😀

I've had a couple of hours kip now so out for a celebration now.

Woo hoo. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

neil7908
06-04-2019, 08:48 PM
He has been a terrific loan signing! Some of his touches and movement are a joy to watch.

Really hope there is a chance that we can land him permanently. Him and Scott Allan together in midfield would be very fun to watch 😊

Also his reaction at the end towards the BT Sports camera was brilliant! 👍🏾😁

They would be a wonderful midfield pairing. I really hope we can hold onto him and McNulty.

A top 6 finish (and who knows, maybe Europe?) should help.

Crucial for me is that both players seem to be loving their football here.

Hibbyradge
09-04-2019, 12:04 AM
It wasnt a whoosh! HR was being serious!

I was.

I just watched the whole game again on Hibs TV. I was half cut when I watched the match live so I was open to being completely mistaken, but I still don't understand the rave reviews for Omeonga.

He really did very little and I thought Mallan's contribution was much more significant.

I like the player, but I thought Saturday more or less passed him by.

It would be good if a few folk would watch the game again to give me their views in hindsight.

SDG is a warrior and both Daz and Lewis knew exactly what they were doing all day long.

Crunchie
09-04-2019, 12:07 AM

Obviously I'm wrong.

:agree: Big time.

Hibbyradge
09-04-2019, 12:13 AM
:agree: Big time.

Please watch the game again. I thought he was hardly involved and I've watched it twice.

Obviously I could still be wrong, but I'd really appreciate a second viewing from someone who thought differently to me.

Zazu62
09-04-2019, 05:17 AM
He wants to be here loves Hibs that must help us trying to he get him back. When does his contract finish with Genoa?

CraigHibee
09-04-2019, 05:33 AM
Brilliant player and I think he will play at a good level as well, pity it's just a loan signing for him

CentreLine
09-04-2019, 06:21 AM
Please watch the game again. I thought he was hardly involved and I've watched it twice.

Obviously I could still be wrong, but I'd really appreciate a second viewing from someone who thought differently to me.

There were indeed long periods when he was not involved but I put that down to the ball being in the air for long periods and passing by the midfield. I feel he makes a significant contribution however. His pressing of opponents and getting in under players to steal a ball is very significant. He doesn’t always get it but it puts pressure on opponents and makes them rush and make mistakes.
Finally, when the ball is finally on the ground Omeonga is currently our only ball carrier in the midfield. I don’t think he is as effective as John McGinn was but he is still very good in there.

Since452
09-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Very intelligent player. I've spent a bit of time watching him off the ball. His movement and positional sense is excellent.

Hermit Crab
09-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Great player. Shame he’s not ours. I trust The Heck will try to get him permanently, he must rate him as he’s starting every game.

makaveli1875
09-04-2019, 06:44 AM
He wants to be here loves Hibs that must help us trying to he get him back. When does his contract finish with Genoa?

June 2022

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 07:04 AM
I am surprised that for a man of his slight build and demeanour the amount of tackles he wins and the amount of times he will put his foot in and often against bigger opponents he comes unexpectantly away with the ball.

Did it quite a few times on Saturday when bigger hammer throwing jambo opponents must have fancied their chances and more famously much to the chagrin of Slippy G when he nicked the ball away from a The Rangers attacker and subsequently led to our goal

Referees must feel no way could someone so small and light foul anybody

I sometimes feel his final ball could be better but that is merely nit picking :greengrin

Diclonius
09-04-2019, 07:06 AM
Initially struggled with the game but after our goal, much like everyone else, a weight was lifted and he got stuck in.

He has this amazing ability to read other players extremely well and take the ball from them without tackling. I've very rarely seen a player so good at that.

MrSmith
09-04-2019, 07:09 AM
Saw him for the first time last Wednesday against Killie, love the guy and is the type of player we so desperately need. Chased everything and was in the thick of it all. He has bags of speed and skill so hopefully, we can get him back on a permanent contract.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 07:16 AM
Initially struggled with the game but after our goal, much like everyone else, a weight was lifted and he got stuck in.

He has this amazing ability to read other players extremely well and take the ball from them without tackling. I've very rarely seen a player so good at that.

Agree!

Has the uncanny knack of anticipating opponents temporarily losing control of possession and nips in and is away with the ball before they realise they have been robbed

The best at that part of his game since the late great Bobby Nicker Johnstone

The 90+2
09-04-2019, 09:51 AM
He didn’t turn up Saturday bar a cross. Seemed to pass him and didn’t match up to their physicalities. That’s not to say he’s not a brilliant player in the. Making though, i full expect him to be extremely comfortable at Celtic Park for instance.

JimBHibees
09-04-2019, 09:57 AM
He didn’t turn up Saturday bar a cross. Seemed to pass him and didn’t match up to their physicalities. That’s not to say he’s not a brilliant player in the. Making though, i full expect him to be extremely comfortable at Celtic Park for instance.

Disagree thought he worked really hard without the ball including winning it on a number of occasions and was instrumental in a few of our breakaways in the second half running well with the ball and probably should have scored. Thought he did well to be honest.

04Sauzee
09-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Couldn't disagree more

erin go bragh
09-04-2019, 10:01 AM
Disagree thought he worked really hard without the ball including winning it on a number of occasions and was instrumental in a few of our breakaways in the second half running well with the ball and probably should have scored. Thought he did well to be honest.

Agree JBH . I thought he had the time to take a touch before hitting his shot over . Great wee player and if we can get him for another season in loan , I will be delighted.

Speedway
09-04-2019, 10:09 AM
I’ve yet to see what everyone sees in Omeonga so far and remember that I was right about MacLaren.

However, I concede that my Hibs poster child, Slivka, isn’t doing the business currently either.

Stuart93
09-04-2019, 10:18 AM
I’ve yet to see what everyone sees in Omeonga so far and remember that I was right about MacLaren.

However, I concede that my Hibs poster child, Slivka, isn’t doing the business currently either.

Didn’t you watch him on Saturday? Best player on the park for us imo

The 90+2
09-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Couldn't disagree more

Fair enough mate. 👍

The 90+2
09-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Yeah, suppose when on top he came into it a lot, perhaps I hoped he would put on the ball more and calm it down first half when it just seemed to be hit then out muscled.

I really really rate the lad too btw.

yerauldda
09-04-2019, 10:41 AM
It's funny how differently people can see a player. I thought he was very good on Saturday, as he has been most weeks. He is so comfortable in possession of the ball. He carries it very well and breaks up play tremendously.

I think his passing can be improved a lot but I think he is an excellent player at this level.

Onceinawhile
09-04-2019, 10:42 AM

If mcnulty had slipped him in instead of hitting the ball straight at their keeper, he would have had a tap-in and if Mcnulty had scored his other sitter, Omeonga would have had an assist as well.

The key with Omeonga (IMO) is that he is able to carry the ball 30-40 yards at pace, which is useful to get us out of our defensive zone when necessary and can be used to start attacks when he gets the ball higher up.

I don't think he's as good as some on here think, but he's definitely got something about him.

JimBHibees
09-04-2019, 11:00 AM

:greengrin

Sammy7nil
09-04-2019, 11:06 AM

He was in my top 3 perfomers on Saturday only criticism is he was slow in clearing when Soutar nipped in and it could eassily have been a pen Other than that a very solid performance espcially in the 2nd half.

FilipinoHibs
09-04-2019, 11:09 AM

Latapy never tackled just intercepted.

Smartie
09-04-2019, 11:19 AM
If mcnulty had slipped him in instead of hitting the ball straight at their keeper, he would have had a tap-in and if Mcnulty had scored his other sitter, Omeonga would have had an assist as well.

The key with Omeonga (IMO) is that he is able to carry the ball 30-40 yards at pace, which is useful to get us out of our defensive zone when necessary and can be used to start attacks when he gets the ball higher up.

I don't think he's as good as some on here think, but he's definitely got something about him.

Arguably the ability to carry the ball as you describe was McGinn's greatest asset, and the one we missed most during the first half of the season.

patlowe
09-04-2019, 11:38 AM

I think he's a really raw, exciting prospect. Someone compared him to McGinn and I think that's apt in a way - there are certain attributes you see in a young player that make them stand out from others their age. Despite the odd mistake or rush of blood to the head in the early days, it was just clear SJM had the tools to make it big - I feel Omeonga is similar in that regard. I'm not saying he is as good as SJM but that combination of running power and pace, effervescent style and no little technical ability is rare at our level IMO, and with a bit of experience and time I could see Omeonga being an outstanding player.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Who said you were right about MacLaren?

No one will ever know what really happened there

Eight goals from fifteen games tells me all I need to know

The fact Slivka is your pin up child and you don’t think Omeonga is any good speaks volumes

Sammy7nil
09-04-2019, 12:22 PM

The fact Slivka is your pin up child and you don’t think Omeonga is any good speaks volumes

Ohhhhh Catty :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Ohhhhh Catty :greengrin

Good eh?

The 90+2
09-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Latapy never tackled just intercepted.

Didn’t he tackle for the 6th in 6-2?

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 12:41 PM
He doesn’t seem to win his tackles with strength. He has a great back of nicking the ball away from players. More of a finesse tackler if that makes sense

Hibbyradge
09-04-2019, 12:55 PM
I'm tempted to watch the game for a third time because I'm struggling to understand why he's getting all the great reviews while I thought he was disappointing.

I paid particular attention to his contribution because of my earlier posts, and in each half he touched the ball about 8 times. He certainly attempted to challenge a few times, putting opponents under pressure as has been pointed out above, but I can't remember him actually winning the ball, and his passing wasn't up to his usual standards.

If you do watch it again, keep an eye out for Stevie Mallan's contribution. I thought that he was very impressive.

I do like Stephane Omeonga, but I can't see him being in the team once Scott Allan arrives. But who knows what's in The Heck's mind for next season...

inglisavhibs
09-04-2019, 01:03 PM
I'm tempted to watch the game for a third time because I'm struggling to understand why he's getting all the great reviews while I thought he was disappointing.

I paid particular attention to his contribution because of my earlier posts, and in each half he touched the ball about 8 times. He certainly attempted to challenge a few times, putting opponents under pressure as has been pointed out above, but I can't remember him actually winning the ball, and his passing wasn't up to his usual standards.

If you do watch it again, keep an eye out for Stevie Mallan's contribution. I thought that he was very impressive.

I do like Stephane Omeonga, but I can't see him being in the team once Scott Allan arrives. But who knows what's in The Heck's mind for next season...

The difference since Omeonga arrived is that we now have some running power in midfield, something that was badly missing in the first half of the season. Valuable player in the current team and hard to understand some of the negative posts. Quite incredible!

Hibbyradge
09-04-2019, 01:10 PM
The difference since Omeonga arrived is that we now have some running power in midfield, something that was badly missing in the first half of the season. Valuable player in the current team and hard to understand some of the negative posts. Quite incredible!

I agree he's valuable, and I'm pleased he's in the side, but he didn't have a great game on Saturday.

inglisavhibs
09-04-2019, 01:12 PM
I agree he's valuable, and I'm pleased he's in the side, but he didn't have a great game on Saturday.

He was the best midfield player on the park, that will do me every week.

bingo70
09-04-2019, 01:17 PM

Think he did well in spells but wasn’t as influential throughout the match as some are making out. There was a couple of things in particular he did really well that I think people are remembering and possibly skewing how good a 90 minutes he actually had.

I think he’s got the makings of a very very good player but I do think he’s still pretty raw, another year at this level playing week in week out would do him the world of good imo.

JimBHibees
09-04-2019, 01:21 PM

I didnt think he had a great game however thought he contributed well in patches. If you have a look at the bbc highlights then that kind of covers all the bits he did well in terms of pressing and also breaking with the ball in the second half. I think you described his performance as disappointing which certainly dont go along with.

JohnMcM
09-04-2019, 01:22 PM
He doesn’t seem to win his tackles with strength. He has a great back of nicking the ball away from players. More of a finesse tackler if that makes sense

Hecky: Stephane, I want you to tackle more physically today.

Stephane: But boss, I am a finesse tackler.

sean04
09-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Would love to see him develop over the next 2/3 years. Lovely footballer

Stonewall
09-04-2019, 02:36 PM

I sort of get where you are coming from. I thought he worked his socks off against a physically stronger side, did some very good things and closed down space. We have a better balance in the side with him in it but he didn’t really impose himself on the game enough to be my MOTM.

i think he won’t have played in many games like that in Serie A though and I think he’ll be better for it. You saw what it meant to him at the end.

jax67
09-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Loved it when Omeonga broke away late on from the left back area, played the ball to Mallan, who found McNulty, who after a fantastic touch he should have cut it back to Omeonga who bust a gut to get there, McNulty unfortunately hit the ball straight at Catweasel.

JohnM1875
09-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Loved it when Omeonga broke away late on from the left back area, played the ball to Mallan, who found McNulty, who after a fantastic touch he should have cut it back to Omeonga who bust a gut to get there, McNulty unfortunately hit the ball straight at Catweasel.

Was amazing. I'll never blame a striker for having a pop in situations like that. But Oméonga would have had an open goal and a relative tap in. Another great Hibs move though.

jax67
09-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Was amazing. I'll never blame a striker for having a pop in situations like that. But Oméonga would have had an open goal and a relative tap in. Another great Hibs move though.

Full of great moves, and the defending was first class. Great team performance.👍

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Can't remember the last Hibs central midfielder to play well there. EvenMcginn struggled. It's where midfielders go to die.

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Hecky: Stephane, I want you to tackle more physically today.

Stephane: But boss, I am a finesse tackler.

😂😂😂

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2019, 03:26 PM
I thought he was the new Brian Kerr along with the rest of our midfield until we scored, then he with the rest of them decided to contribute to the game by getting stuck in and competing with them.

He has a good touch, gets stuck in normally and can pass too.

I like him.:greengrin

Hermit Crab
09-04-2019, 03:27 PM

Sorry. Disagree. He would have been MOTM if it wasn’t for Horgan. Very clever player who is strong and can pass a ball.

LeithMike
09-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Sorry. Disagree. He would have been MOTM if it wasn’t for Horgan. Very clever player who is strong and can pass a ball.

Completely agree with this. Thought he was brilliant. He's excellent on the ball but deceptively good off the ball too. He doesn't just close the opposition down, he invariably manages to nick the ball of them too. He is well on the way to being the complete footballer. Would love him and McNulty to stay for next year.

Speedway
09-04-2019, 07:00 PM

History says I’m right.

Great stat on Maclaren. Did you know Slivka’s goals have all come in games he’s scored in? ‘Tells me all I need to know’

Omeonga scores past both of the OF from midfield aye? Did MacLaren?

Hmmm? Eh? Hmmm? Eh? Hmmm?

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2019, 07:04 PM
History says I’m right.

Great stat on Maclaren. Did you know Slivka’s goals have all come in games he’s scored in? ‘Tells me all I need to know’

Nope. :wink:

Speedway
09-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Nope. :wink:

Hasn’t he?

Slivka has. Belters too.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Hasn’t he?

Slivka has. Belters too.

Nope, and yes. :greengrin

truehibernian
09-04-2019, 07:17 PM
I think Omeonga is growing into the league. He’s come from a tactically astute, defensive league to one which is blood and thunder - which actually suits his energetic style. The best is yet to come as he adjusts to a totally different league.

I think Slivka is a Rolls Royce of a player but lacks belief - I think there’s a top player in there, just needs to be in a balanced midfield and play slightly higher up the pitch. Technically I think he’s very good, dare I say one of our best at passing and movement off the ball. McNulty’s chance on Saturday had my crying for Mallan to play in Slivka instead as he had the whole of the right side to motor into had SM been more aware.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2019, 07:28 PM
I think Omeonga is growing into the league. He’s come from a tactically astute, defensive league to one which is blood and thunder - which actually suits his energetic style. The best is yet to come as he adjusts to a totally different league.

I think Slivka is a Rolls Royce of a player but lacks belief - I think there’s a top player in there, just needs to be in a balanced midfield and play slightly higher up the pitch. Technically I think he’s very good, dare I say one of our best at passing and movement off the ball. McNulty’s chance on Saturday had my crying for Mallan to play in Slivka instead as he had the whole of the right side to motor into had SM been more aware.

Slivka for me might have a Rolls Royce body, but the engine and fittings are made in china.

He flatters to deceive most of the time, looks the part but most of the time you just know something is not right, in my opinion.

On Omeonga, loved the way he seemed to thoroughly enjoy winning on Saturday. :greengrin

truehibernian
09-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Slivka for me might have a Rolls Royce body, but the engine and fittings are made in china.

He flatters to deceive most of the time, looks the part but most of the time you just know something is not right, in my opinion.

On Omeonga, loved the way he seemed to thoroughly enjoy winning on Saturday. :greengrin

I think the problem with Slivka is self belief BH - he’s a very considered, quietish lad off the pitch but he needs to exert himself more and impose himself in games - for me there’s undoubted talent and PH is a manager who can draw that out of him. Lennon simply ranted at him and confused the lad by playing him all over the pitch. His best position (for me) is just behind the strikers in a diamond midfield. Superb engine on him and very athletic player.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2019, 07:39 PM
I think the problem with Slivka is self belief BH - he’s a very considered, quietish lad off the pitch but he needs to exert himself more and impose himself in games - for me there’s undoubted talent and PH is a manager who can draw that out of him. Lennon simply ranted at him and confused the lad by playing him all over the pitch. His best position (for me) is just behind the strikers in a diamond midfield. Superb engine on him and very athletic player.

I just dont see it myself, and with Scott Allan coming in next season, i see him being the man who plays just behind the strikers if we do play a diamond.

And if we play a 4 across the middle i'm wondering where he'd fit in?

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 07:42 PM
History says I’m right.

Ha Ha!

Jamie Macs have all come in games he’s scored in as well

If you are talking OF

four versus The Rangers and one versus Celtic

All games he scored in

Omeonga only made his debut on 23/1/19

7 starts and 5 as a sub

Has looked a class act

Indeed the player we all hoped Slivka could and should be

Poster Boy has only scored four goals in his whole HIBS career

All games he scored in

hibsbollah
09-04-2019, 07:45 PM

Agree completely with all of this. I'd have both Omeonga and Slivka with us next season.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2019, 07:53 PM
There was always a reason to doubt MacLaren, he did nothing except score and when he wasn't scoring he was hopeless.

Stevie Wonder can see Omeonga is a player though. Played in Serie A, Belgium u21 international, been excellent since coming into the side recently.

B.H.F.C
09-04-2019, 07:56 PM
I just dont see it myself, and with Scott Allan coming in next season, i see him being the man who plays just behind the strikers if we do play a diamond.

And if we play a 4 across the middle i'm wondering where he'd fit in?

Not sure where he fits in next season either.

I think Slivka is decent at most things but isn’t brilliant at anything. And that is why he ends up getting shunted about a bit.

He’s had an opportunity to really nail down his place this year but hasn’t IMO.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Slivka at worst is a good squad player. No everyone can be top quality. He was really good throughout the period leading up to Lennons sacking. He was the one bright light.

RoYO!
09-04-2019, 08:10 PM

It’s an interesting point. I love Omeonga btw. Think he’s been fabulous and love basically all that he brings to the table.

I wonder how many times each player actually gets a touch of the ball/ involvement. It’s probably surprisingly few. What he does with it when he is involved I inevitably am impressed by. At the very least, by the intention of what he is trying.

Hibbyradge
09-04-2019, 08:34 PM
It’s an interesting point. I love Omeonga btw. Think he’s been fabulous and love basically all that he brings to the table.

I wonder how many times each player actually gets a touch of the ball/ involvement. It’s probably surprisingly few. What he does with it when he is involved I inevitably am impressed by. At the very least, by the intention of what he is trying.

That's a good question. I've tried to find some information about it, but so far, I've only got one article about Ozil at Arsenal.

Remarkably, he averages high 80 touches per game. Scroll down for the stats and graphs.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/mesut-ozil-creating-chances-faster-rate-pl-player/

Speedway
09-04-2019, 08:41 PM
Ha Ha!

Jamie Macs have all come in games he’s scored in as well

If you are talking OF

four versus The Rangers and one versus Celtic

All games he scored in

Omeonga only made his debut on 23/1/19

7 starts and 5 as a sub

Has looked a class act

Indeed the player we all hoped Slivka could and should be

Poster Boy has only scored four goals in his whole HIBS career

All games he scored in

So you agree.

MacLaren has scored none from midfield.

Omeonga has scored none at all

Slivka has scored past both OF arse cheeks (from midfield) and set up plenty including for stupid goatee can’t shoot Maclaren.

Apology accepted.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2019, 09:09 PM
So you agree.

MacLaren has scored none from midfield.

Omeonga has scored none at all

Slivka has scored past both OF arse cheeks (from midfield) and set up plenty including for stupid goatee can’t shoot Maclaren.

Apology accepted.

No need to apologise

Jamie MAC was paid to score goals as a striker

11 starts four as a sub 8 goals in his first season

Tempted to say Slivka is gash :greengrin but in all honesty I quite like him as a player

He is a bit like a bus does one good thing then it is another twenty minutes before another one comes along

He has had loads of opportunities this season but has failed to stamp his authority in any game and seal his place as an automatic first choice

Chances are starting to run out if not already

It would be interesting to know what Hecky makes of him

63 appearances 4 goals

If you are talking goal scoring midfielders give me Stevie Mallan everytime

Played 43 scored 13 and in case you ask yes all games he scored in :greengrin

jacomo
09-04-2019, 10:46 PM
This thread has gone weird. What are people arguing about?

Omeonga is a good player. He has done more than anyone else to bring what SJM brought to the team: drive and energy. I hope he can stay beyond this season.

FilipinoHibs
10-04-2019, 04:08 AM
Can't remember the last Hibs central midfielder to play well there. EvenMcginn struggled. It's where midfielders go to die.
He has the heart of Lion. Love him. Hope for another season loan.

we are hibs
10-04-2019, 06:24 AM

Won the ball down the bottom corner 90th minute before releasing Mallan who played in mcnulty but apart from that :wink:

For a wee guy who people thought would be bullied and toil I thought he was fine. Started slowly but grew into it and has replaced mcginn in terms of driving forward with the ball and his directness. I would be shocked if he is here beyond May though.

Souter96Mac
10-04-2019, 07:08 AM
I'm another big fan of Omeonga. I've resigned myself to the fact he won't be here next season. Only unless we get a major cash injection, for example if McGinn gets sold for big money. Even then, it would be a bold statement from Hibs.
I suppose you have to take your cap off to the Hibs recruitment team for finding a gem like Stephane, and I'm sure they'll have plenty of quality options for Hecky come summer.

hibsbollah
10-04-2019, 07:14 AM
Won the ball down the bottom corner 90th minute before releasing Mallan who played in mcnulty but apart from that :wink:

For a wee guy who people thought would be bullied and toil I thought he was fine. Started slowly but grew into it and has replaced mcginn in terms of driving forward with the ball and his directness. I would be shocked if he is here beyond May though.

He also had what should have been the assist for our third if McNulty hadn't put the header wide; shielded the ball on the left side of the box, dashed to the byline, turned with a defender on him and lifted the ball right onto McNultys head just outside the 6 yard box.

BILLYHIBS
10-04-2019, 07:18 AM
He also had what should have been the assist for our third if McNulty hadn't put the header wide; shielded the ball on the left side of the box, dashed to the byline, turned with a defender on him and lifted the ball right onto McNultys head just outside the 6 yard box.

Yip!

Similar to his Scotland miss you would have thought Marc would have been practising those :greengrin

500miles
10-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Omeonga is an technically good, tricky player with a lot of graft. He can get squeezed out, and he needs to work on his final ball, but I'd be delighted if he chose to develop at Hibs long term, because he's not far off being a real quality prospect.

MacGruber
10-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Thought he had a great game and think he is real quality. Can stay as long as he likes, would be delighted if we could do some sort of deal for next year

Smartie
10-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Yip!

Similar to his Scotland miss you would have thought Marc would have been practising those :greengrin

I didn't think it was that bad a miss on Saturday.

Omeonga put a cracking ball into a good area to be attacked and McNulty got there as fast as he could, rose as high as he could and was very unlucky not to score. I don't think he could have done more.

The Scotland one he had all the time in the world to get his body into the right position to get the header on target. It was a bad miss.

BILLYHIBS
10-04-2019, 08:51 AM
I didn't think it was that bad a miss on Saturday.

Omega put a cracking ball into a good area to be attacked and McNulty got there as fast as he could, rose as high as he could and was very unlucky not to score. I don't think he could have done more.

The Scotland one he had all the time in the world to get his body into the right position to get the header on target. It was a bad miss.

:aok:

Agree but enough similarities to draw the comparison

At the time I could not give a jot you could not wipe the smile from my face and was more concerned about where my next pint was coming from :greengrin

Speedway
10-04-2019, 09:14 AM
No need to apologise

Jamie MAC was paid to score goals as a striker

11 starts four as a sub 8 goals in his first season

Tempted to say Slivka is gash :greengrin but in all honesty I quite like him as a player

He is a bit like a bus does one good thing then it is another twenty minutes before another one comes along

He has had loads of opportunities this season but has failed to stamp his authority in any game and seal his place as an automatic first choice

Chances are starting to run out if not already

It would be interesting to know what Hecky makes of him

63 appearances 4 goals

If you are talking goal scoring midfielders give me Stevie Mallan everytime

Played 43 scored 13 and in case you ask yes all games he scored in :greengrin

So Slivka & Mallan > Mac and Omeonga

I’ll take that.

I’m just glad we’ve getting such value for money in McNulty now and not the gash for cash deal we got with the previous number 9.

BILLYHIBS
10-04-2019, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=Speedway;5761960]So Slivka & Mallan > Mac and Omeonga

I’ll take that.

I’m just glad we’ve getting such value for money in McNulty now and not the gash for cash deal we got with the previous number 9.[QUOTE]

Slivka is OK needs to up his game squad player

Does not dominate or impose himself enough

Mallan still young improving all the time scores goals still not the finished article

Omeonga outstanding talent needs to work on his final ball

Maclaren gash second season granted something obviously was not right with NL Flo and Jamie MAC

Now where is that Ignore Button ? :greengrin