PDA

View Full Version : Natural Order

PatHead
06-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Get it up you Hearts bazzas!!!!!

NZ Green
06-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Levein must regret ever mentioning those words. It's referenced in every derby by the commentators now, and it's always in Hibs favour.

Criswell
06-04-2019, 02:45 PM
How sweet was that? You can stick your "Natural Order" up your a**e.

emerald green
06-04-2019, 02:48 PM
GIRFUY Levein.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Happy Easter

Squirrel 1875
06-04-2019, 03:27 PM
As enjoyable as the win was, this “natural order” patter needs binned. We ended it with the banner at Easter Road. No need to keep it going.

Weegreenman
06-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Needs pinned on our dressing room wall every time there’s a derby! :flag:

Peevemor
06-04-2019, 04:25 PM
As enjoyable as the win was, this “natural order” patter needs binned. We ended it with the banner at Easter Road. No need to keep it going.Not at all. Levein started it and it keeps coming back to bite his bum. Keep it going I say.

Keith_M
06-04-2019, 04:47 PM
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/9th-march-2018-easter-road-edinburgh-scotland-scottish-premier-league-picture-id929893202?b=1&k=6&m=929893202&s=612x612&h=wQFI6176kAgjTfBCvKHJiJ2hMEip3RG5lAhsUYJODcw=

Sir David Gray
06-04-2019, 04:53 PM
As enjoyable as the win was, this “natural order” patter needs binned. We ended it with the banner at Easter Road. No need to keep it going.

Aye ok. I hope it forms part of our team talk every time we're playing that mob.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Well they started it[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
06-04-2019, 05:03 PM

Disagree completely. Anyone foolish (and CL really is a fool) enough to say that as a wind up deserves to have it shoved back down his throat at every opportunity.

tamig
06-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Disagree completely. Anyone foolish (and CL really is a fool) enough to say that as a wind up deserves to have it shoved back down his throat at every opportunity.

Absolutely. He made that rod himself. Let him have it back for ever more.

R'Albin
06-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Not at all. Levein started it and it keeps coming back to bite his bum. Keep it going I say.

^

Borderhibbie76
07-04-2019, 11:21 AM
Disagree completely. Anyone foolish (and CL really is a fool) enough to say that as a wind up deserves to have it shoved back down his throat at every opportunity.Totally this...should be mentioned in every Derby pre match team talk whilst we are lucky enough to still have Avril in charge of the hoofball merchants

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Onion
07-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Levein is a typical arrogant Hearts dick who just cannot help himself. The shot of him standing alone at ER with that banner above him is classic GIRUY.

Frazerbob
07-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Agreed. Every time either side wins a Derby the fans give it the Natural Order banter. As you said, we ended it with the banner. Game over!

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2019, 12:19 PM

:agree: it’s a good laugh isn’t it?

Mick O'Rourke
07-04-2019, 12:21 PM
Absolutely. He made that rod himself. Let him have it back for ever more.
You are absolutely correct.
He knew exactly what he was saying and why he said it.
It was not "just banter", as he later stated.
It was disrespect and of course, it showed his distaste and contempt for our Club.
He may not be around long enough for Hecky and the team to completely ridicule his comments.
But while he is, give him back,and them, the Natural Order remark when we win.

As the Speaker of the House of Commons would say

Order !! Order!!

Clear the stands !!

vuefrom1875
07-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Not at all. Levein started it and it keeps coming back to bite his bum. Keep it going I say.

Correct sir....

Baader
07-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Levein is a typical arrogant Hearts dick who just cannot help himself. The shot of him standing alone at ER with that banner above him is classic GIRUY.

Sweet justice. That picture is an absolute classic.

Hibbyradge
07-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Why does it need binned?

It doesn't cause any harm.

Tug Wilson
07-04-2019, 12:28 PM
It was disrespect and of course, it showed his distaste and contempt for our Club.
He may not be around long enough for Hecky and the team to completely ridicule his comments.

Order !! Order!!

Clear the stands !!

Fife-Hibee
07-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Every need to keep it going. The quote is a priceless gift handed to us by an idiot. Never let him forget it.

Since452
07-04-2019, 01:10 PM
The media couldn't wait to pounce on that comment and it's haunted Levein after every derby defeat. Pleasing.

neil7908
07-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Showed what a bitter, deluded man he is. Now that Hearts fans are turning on him he must be one of the most disliked names in Scottish football after his time in charge of the national team.

AltheHibby
07-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Just been over there. The new phrase is "natural conclusion" on a thread about binning Potter.

Franck Stanton
07-04-2019, 02:23 PM

Order !! Order!!

Clear the stands !!

Great post mate, just great.

Hibernia&Alba
07-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Levein must regret ever mentioning those words. It's referenced in every derby by the commentators now, and it's always in Hibs favour.

Aye, I noticed it was said by the commentator yesterday when we got our second :greengrin

California-Hibs
07-04-2019, 03:25 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/f40hACdgzMOcsIeUTL/giphy.gif

SouthMoroccoStu
07-04-2019, 04:15 PM

Classic picture

Can’t believe he was that niave to stand there

07-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Just been over there. The new phrase is "natural conclusion" on a thread about binning Potter.

Levein has said he's going nowhere (just like his team).

Weegreenman
07-04-2019, 05:55 PM

Away ye go, I’ll be ramming it home til I bleed. Get it right round thum. :cb

WoreTheGreen
07-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Order natural just cause Potter hates Spain so much

heretoday
07-04-2019, 07:26 PM

It's a bit dull right enough.

Criswell
07-04-2019, 11:02 PM

Do you think Hearts fans are going to "bin it"? Watched the game in the pub yesterday and when they scored their fans certainly gave it the "natural order" triumphalism. I'm afraid we're stuck with it from now on.

Hibernia&Alba
07-04-2019, 11:09 PM
Away ye go, I’ll be ramming it home til I bleed. Get it right round thum. :cb

:agree:

It's just a bit of banter; let's not be so serious.

worcesterhibby
08-04-2019, 02:49 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/f40hACdgzMOcsIeUTL/giphy.gif

I’ve just sat mesmerised, watching that on a loop foe 10 mins !

Crunchie
08-04-2019, 03:01 AM

Was saying that to my mates after the match wondering if the commentator had mentioned it or not....and sure enough :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
08-04-2019, 03:11 PM
The whole Natural Order thing was heavily warped by 20+ years of Hearts spending out-with their means. Their Derby superiority during the late 80's, into the 90's and up until the Romanov era ended was anything but 'Natural'.

No surprises at all that in the 26 Derby games since the 5-1 game they have won only 8 of them while we have won 9 and there have been 9 draws.

Since they've been forced to play on a level playing field the real 'Natural Order' has developed and it's nothing that interesting - Hibs win most at ER, Hearts winning most at Tynecastle, a few draws and the odd away win chucked in now and again.

HibbyAndy
08-04-2019, 03:43 PM
The whole Natural Order thing was heavily warped by 20+ years of Hearts spending out-with their means. Their Derby superiority during the late 80's, into the 90's and up until the Romanov era ended was anything but 'Natural'.

No surprises at all that in the 26 Derby games since the 5-1 game they have won only 8 of them while we have won 9 and there have been 9 draws.

Since they've been forced to play on a level playing field the real 'Natural Order' has developed and it's nothing that interesting - Hibs win most at ER, Hearts winning most at Tynecastle, a few draws and the odd away win chucked in now and again.

Fantastic post

08-04-2019, 04:13 PM

If any Hearts fan mentions natural order to me I just tell them the natural order is them not paying their bills.

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2019, 04:23 PM

Exactly. They are so up themselves and delusional. Only inadequate fools can have such a misplaced sense of superiority.

Sammy7nil
08-04-2019, 05:46 PM

To be fair it is a little more than that they have until recently and probably still have won more derbies at ER than us :rolleyes:

Pagan Hibernia
08-04-2019, 06:35 PM
To be fair it is a little more than that they have until recently and probably still have won more derbies at ER than us :rolleyes:

They have. 62 to 51.

im confident we can at least turn that record around on its head in my lifetime.

Our overall derby record might take a century to rectify :rolleyes:

ian cruise
09-04-2019, 04:50 PM

Absolutely this.

I'm fine with the banter around it, it's in the main good natured so it's fine. As long as the folk who are having a good chuckle at hearts expense don't forget at some point they'll beat us when it matters and the jambos will be throwing it back in our face.

PatHead
09-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Absolutely this.

I'm fine with the banter around it, it's in the main good natured so it's fine. As long as the folk who are having a good chuckle at hearts expense don't forget at some point they'll beat us when it matters and the jambos will be throwing it back in our face.

Will never happen because they are rubbish. 😁

Since452
09-04-2019, 05:24 PM
3 Hearts wins in the last 15 derby games sounds more natural

Bostonhibby
09-04-2019, 07:12 PM

Since they've been forced to play on a level playing field the real 'Natural Order' has developed and it's nothing that interesting - Hibs win most at ER, Hearts winning most at Tynecastle, a few draws and the odd away win chucked in now and again.[emoji106]

Have you copyrights on this post?

Otherwise I'm claiming it as my thoughts. Top marks

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
10-04-2019, 08:56 AM
They have. 62 to 51.

im confident we can at least turn that record around on its head in my lifetime.

Our overall derby record might take a century to rectify :rolleyes:

We have the best record in the New year day games . 31 to 29 .
Which includes their record home league defeat .

Frazerbob
10-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Hearts period of stealing from charities & the tax man and living out with their means came after we moved from 2 to 4 league games per season.

Diclonius
10-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Since the 2012 cup final (i.e. when Hearts spending within their means was imposed on them), the derby record looks like this:

Hearts: 8
Draw: 9
Hibs: 9

Or if we really want to be exact about equal financial footing, let's go with post-Hearts administration when both of us could buy players:

Hearts: 4
Draw: 6
Hibs: 6

No "natural order" on either side, just two evenly-matched and evenly-resourced teams having fair games against each other with mini-periods of dominance in between that eventually cancel each other out. As it should be.

ahibby
10-04-2019, 01:34 PM
I don't understand why the Hearts fans are so uptight about Levine's poor league showing. I mean he has achieved his target this season which he set himself last season. Do you remember what it was? It was to reduce the eighteen point gap between Hibs and Hearts that resulted last season. Well done Craig, mission accomplished! Hearts are only two points behind Hibs so far with only fifteen points to play for. It's impossible to have an eighteen point gap this year. He is such a star!

Sir David Gray
10-04-2019, 01:50 PM
What was the financial situation like at Hearts pre-Romanov and more specifically during the 80s and 90s when our derby record was horrendous? Were Hearts spending well outwith their means?

Peevemor
10-04-2019, 01:56 PM
What was the financial situation like at Hearts pre-Romanov and more specifically during the 80s and 90s when our derby record was horrendous? Were Hearts spending well outwith their means?

Not at all. They had an agreement with Cala Homes to sell Tynie for £20m (which almost covered their debts) & rent Murrayfield, so to say they were spending beyond their means is just nonsense!

Iggy Pope
10-04-2019, 02:01 PM

Round about the time they seen a few bob up for grabs by ‘merging’ with us you mean?

where'stheslope
10-04-2019, 02:02 PM
Not at all. They had an agreement with Cala Homes to sell Tynie for £20m (which almost covered their debts) & rent Murrayfield, so to say they were spending beyond their means is just nonsense!
Was it not Stewart Milne of Aberdeen who wanted to buy Tynecastle?
I'm sure at that time he was building big houses down at Gamekeepers Road in Cramond?

Peevemor
10-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Was it not Stewart Milne of Aberdeen who wanted to buy Tynecastle?
I'm sure at that time he was building big houses down at Gamekeepers Road in Cramond?

The deal was signed with Cala.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-agree-163-22-million-sale-1-1017263

Tyler Durden
10-04-2019, 03:22 PM

Not really following your logic there Peeevemor. They agreed that deal because they reached a point where they couldn’t service their debts. How do you think that happened if not by spending out with their means?

I’m not suggesting that was the norm through the 80s and 90s but they the SMG deal gave Hearts about £4m (IIRC) which they spent on Niemi, Petric etc. They could never repay the loan.

Hibs did have our own financial problems of course, so not necessarily a huge gulf in spending as we saw in the Romanov era

EDIT - is this a whoosh moment on my part? Was the post I quoted a sarcastic one?

PatHead
10-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Up until the FTB took over Hearts were spending over their income. It went out of control when Scottish Media? (owners of stv I think) Pulled out. The **** hit the fan and they ended up trying to flog Tynie to cover their debts.

Kato
10-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Up until the FTB took over Hearts were spending over their income. It went out of control when Scottish Media? (owners of stv I think) Pulled out. The **** hit the fan and they ended up trying to flog Tynie to cover their debts.

The FTB left them £4M in debt (no little sum in the early 90's). The Pieman left with £19M debt. Even before the FTB took over Hearts were struggling to pay back their overspend but the "Finance Football" took off under Mercer, no doubt. He shouted it from the rooftops.

Our experience with Finance Football was brief but dangerous and I'm glad we're stable these days.

Peevemor
10-04-2019, 03:46 PM
Not really following your logic there Peeevemor. They agreed that deal because they reached a point where they couldn’t service their debts. How do you think that happened if not by spending out with their means?

I’m not suggesting that was the norm through the 80s and 90s but they the SMG deal gave Hearts about £4m (IIRC) which they spent on Niemi, Petric etc. They could never repay the loan.

Hibs did have our own financial problems of course, so not necessarily a huge gulf in spending as we saw in the Romanov era

EDIT - is this a whoosh moment on my part?

Possibly...

Was the post I quoted a sarcastic one?

Moi????

Tyler Durden
10-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Possibly...

Moi????

Difficult to tell on here sometimes!

matty_f
10-04-2019, 04:06 PM
Difficult to tell on here sometimes!

You can tell us, we're all friends here.

Robinho08
10-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Since the 2012 cup final (i.e. when Hearts spending within their means was imposed on them), the derby record looks like this:

Hearts: 8
Draw: 9
Hibs: 9

Or if we really want to be exact about equal financial footing, let's go with post-Hearts administration when both of us could buy players:

Hearts: 4
Draw: 6
Hibs: 6

No "natural order" on either side, just two evenly-matched and evenly-resourced teams having fair games against each other with mini-periods of dominance in between that eventually cancel each other out. As it should be.

That's weird I was going to post those stats yesterday on a different post, but got side tracked and forgot.

I reckon the mentality at Hibs has changed, even among the fans, particularly since the cup win.
Plus our cup win hurt them more than 2012 hurt us and that gets under their skin. :cb

HoboHarry
10-04-2019, 04:20 PM
You can tell us, we're all friends here.
Oh no we aren't - you can only be my friend if you buy me a pint. Then you'll be my best mate. Probably.

matty_f
10-04-2019, 04:31 PM
That's weird I was going to post those stats yesterday on a different post, but got side tracked and forgot.

I reckon the mentality at Hibs has changed, even among the fans, particularly since the cup win.
Plus our cup win hurt them more than 2012 hurt us and that gets under their skin. :cb

I think that how derbies are viewed will very much depend on what generation you are.

I'm 41, so like a lot of folk on here had to endure the 22 in a row era. It took ages to view derbies with anything other than having the feeling that we could hammer them and still find a way to avoid winning.

If I compare that with my son's experience - he's almost 16 and has been coming to games since he was 3 or 4 - he's only had the few years where they were massively overspending to get an advantage, and even then we still beat them now and again. His recent experiences are that if it's at Easter Road we win, and at Tiny it's a narrow loss or a draw.

The cup win was a game changer for everyone at Hibs. With derbies balancing out, the only significant thing that they had over us was that ridiculous cup record of ours, not helped with the 2012 final.

2016 put it all to bed. It's like it wiped the slate clean in many respects and the confidence that it brought across the club and the support is significant.

Derbies hold no fear for me, now. I get the nerves for the big game but I don't dread the games now. I have lots of great memories of derbies now, and I think we're a better team than them.

Diclonius
10-04-2019, 04:40 PM

I think relegation and the arrival of Stubbs/Dempster was the catalyst. Prior to that we treated the derby as just another game and didn't consider/ignored the effect it had on fan/team morale. It's only since 2014 we started treating it with the importance it deserves.

I've been watching Hibs since 2006 and the first time I actually saw us play well against Hearts was 2014.