PDA

View Full Version : Bartley

spike220
06-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Thought he has been immense lately. Is a great sqaud player who is a must have to close out games. When I saw him come on I knew we had a great chance a protecting our lead. Does the hard yards and the unglamorous stuff and really takes the sting out of the attack. Hope he stays long term!!

davemcbain
06-04-2019, 01:43 PM
:agree:

s2hart
06-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Did he not get the last gasp tackle at the end to force them to spoon it over the bar from about 6 yards out. He was solid when he came on.

Allant1981
06-04-2019, 01:49 PM
He left his man to have a shot that djoum should have scored with, we can forgive him on this occasion though

The 90+2
06-04-2019, 01:50 PM
There was very little danger when he came on. He ****in hates hearts, too!

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-04-2019, 01:55 PM
I thought he was poor when he came on, opinions eh

Big man is a more than handy back up player though so would be given a year's extension if it was up to me

CMurdoch
06-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Looking like McGregor and Gray will get another years contract but suspect Bartley will be released.

He has had a good 4 years at Hibs which is longer than he has been at any other club and will be long remembered.

JimBHibees
06-04-2019, 01:59 PM

Big man is a more than handy back up player though so would be given a year's extension if it was up to me

Didn't think he was at it and got lucky with Djoum miss

Hibee Mac
06-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Thought he was poor and off the pace when he came on. If Djoum didn't miss an open goal at the back post we'd all be slating him for leaving his marker free. Fine margins and that...

HibsGW
06-04-2019, 02:06 PM
I always defend him but again today think he showed that he still has a lot to offer, we were on the ropes a bit until he was brought on and then we managed to get a bit of a hold on the match again after with him helping Daz and Hanlon on Ikpeazu

BSEJVT
06-04-2019, 03:07 PM
I love big Marv, but his last few appearances have been awful (including today) and I would be astonished if he got a new contract.

Games just seem to pass him by these days and it looks like the sands of time have caught up with him.

Will always remember him fondly though, he has had some great games for Hibs and certainly gets what it is to play for and be one of us.

Love his dislike of Hearts and I feel that he should be let go with his reputation relatively intact before folk start to turn on him.

Instrumental with others in that group signed by Stubbs of restoring the connection between the club and the fans.

Will be sad to see him go but there is no room for sentiment in football.

tamig
06-04-2019, 03:31 PM
I love the big man too but he didn’t look fit to me when he came on. He seemed way off the pace and got very lucky with Djoum’s miss.

leither17
06-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Did anyone see the hearts fans trying to goad him as he warmed up in the 1st half? He was just smiling back at them and they were losing the rag and complaining to stewards

heretoday
06-04-2019, 03:38 PM
He doesn't have quite the impact he used to when he comes on now. Time to move on.

Franck Stanton
06-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Wasn't at the game,didn't even see it on tv, however......... there are a good few comments saying he was " off the pace" today. Remember he hasn't played much first team football recently and am sure if he got an extended run in the team we would soon see the player we know and love.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Cometh the hour cometh the man

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Monts
06-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Played 10 lost 1 I think

supermcginn
06-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Legend absolutely love him. We'll miss him when he's gone.

hibee
06-04-2019, 03:54 PM
Did anyone see the hearts fans trying to goad him as he warmed up in the 1st half? He was just smiling back at them and they were losing the rag and complaining to stewards

Yes, he was right in front of us warming up and was just laughing in their faces as they were getting angrier and angrier!

Shrekko
06-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Don’t think when he’s been on the pitch at the end we’ve ever lost a derby?

Speedway
06-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Love Bartley but he couldn’t get near the ball the entire times he was on.

You can see why he doesn’t start for us these days.

hibsbollah
06-04-2019, 04:38 PM
He was marking space most of the time. I love him for previous derby displays, and I love it he was part of the winning side today, but he made us weaker when he came on.

Eyrie
06-04-2019, 05:12 PM
Big fan of what's he's done for us in the past but sadly I have to agree that Bartley didn't get into the game today and I'd be surprised if he's still with us next season.

Still, he's mostly run this city during his time here.

hfc rd
06-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Love the big man & will always be a legend but think he may get moved on in the summer.

mike1875
06-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Delighted that he got to win one at their place before he likely leaves in the summer. Will definitely miss his character about the place when he is away and he has put in a lot of great shifts in big games over the last few years.

stoneyburn hibs
06-04-2019, 06:16 PM
He was marking space most of the time. I love him for previous derby displays, and I love it he was part of the winning side today, but he made us weaker when he came on.

That's about right, legend but his best has long passed.

matty_f
06-04-2019, 07:00 PM
I love Bartley, thought he was the right sub at the right time today. Hard game to get up to speed in in the role he plays and he did fine.

The Baldmans Comb
06-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Hecky needs to free up space to bring in his own type of player and has very hard calls to make in David Gray and Daz but its not in Marv's case.

Greenworld
07-04-2019, 07:13 AM

Big man is a more than handy back up player though so would be given a year's extension if it was up to meI agree he was caught out several times seems very slow but I guess it's hard when you not playing at all to get up to speed

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibee316
07-04-2019, 07:17 AM
Thought he was poor and off the pace when he came on. If Djoum didn't miss an open goal at the back post we'd all be slating him for leaving his marker free. Fine margins and that...

This.

The man is a hero, but he was nowhere near Djoum who really should have scored. Could very easily have cost us the win.

southsider
07-04-2019, 07:29 AM
This.

The man is a hero, but he was nowhere near Djoum who really should have scored. Could very easily have cost us the win.

Guy on TV said Marvs derby record is now 11 games 1 defeat. Is this right ?

BILLYHIBS
07-04-2019, 07:56 AM
I love big Marv, but his last few appearances have been awful (including today) and I would be astonished if he got a new contract.

Games just seem to pass him by these days and it looks like the sands of time have caught up with him.

Will always remember him fondly though, he has had some great games for Hibs and certainly gets what it is to play for and be one of us.

Love his dislike of Hearts and I feel that he should be let go with his reputation relatively intact before folk start to turn on him.

Instrumental with others in that group signed by Stubbs of restoring the connection between the club and the fans.

Will be sad to see him go but there is no room for sentiment in football.

This!

Love the big guy to bits

Wanted him to start yesterday but his last couple of appearances starting with his horror show versus the sheep at Easter Road are starting to diminish my happy memories of the big guy.

I would be happy to see him stay for another year but would he?

Brightside
07-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Agreed. Can’t see him being here next season.

worcesterhibby
07-04-2019, 08:40 AM
The tough thing for Marv is that he isn't getting games, so isn't up to speed. If you don't get a game consistently, it's very hard to play consistently. I thought he looked off the pace when he came on, which is not surprising. I love Marv, but he either needs games, or will become the guy we put on for the last 15 mins when we are protecting a lead and very little else.

bigwheel
07-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Don’t know if it is one injury too far or lack of game time but Bartley looks off the pace these days ...and his lack in concentration that lost Djoum almost cost us a goal ..

Eyrie
07-04-2019, 09:41 AM
I agree he was caught out several times seems very slow but I guess it's hard when you not playing at all to get up to speed

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Agreed. There's a big difference between being physically fit and being match fit.

Frazerbob
07-04-2019, 10:38 AM

That was hilarious. Totally winding up the boy with the Ulster flag. Police had to shove him back to his seat after he rushed to the front. What a fandan!