PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Horgan

hfc rd
06-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Take a bow!

Tremendous out there! MOTM

Vault Boy
06-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Incredible. Wish we had two of him so we could sub another Daryl on when he gets tired. Absolute game changer.

TRC
06-04-2019, 01:36 PM
First Hibs player to score two at tynie in 34 years of I heard right.

Joe Baker2
06-04-2019, 01:36 PM
will go down in club history - Yes!!!!!!

Northernhibee
06-04-2019, 01:41 PM
“The Horgan Derby”

GreenCastle
06-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Yup !

Been a different player since Hecky arrived. Playing like he player we signed if you had watched him before.

He was absolutely shattered when he came off - no wonder the amount of running he had done.

Legend after that game !

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Was immense again today.

gaz1875
06-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Both goals superbly taken finishing off fantastic counter attacking.

JimBHibees
06-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Brilliant Daryl showed what you are capable of. :flag:

Hibee Mac
06-04-2019, 02:15 PM
What a fantastic second goal, LAVIT

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Who was the last person to score 2 at Tiny?

Joe McBride?

A Hi-Bee
06-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Brilliant Daryl showed what you are capable of. :flag:

Hope he can show us more of what he is capable of. Great when he is on form but very inconsistant.
The Horgan derby has a good ring to it.
:thumbsup:

tamig
06-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Who was the last person to score 2 at Tiny?

Joe McBride?

Aye. I was there. Two great free kicks in the last ten to win a point.

stoneyburn hibs
06-04-2019, 02:50 PM
That 2nd goal! Fantastic build up and a sublime finish.

Hibeesmad
06-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Brilliant from the wee man. Really happy for the boy. Get in there

Hibbyradge
06-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Aye. I was there. Two great free kicks in the last ten to win a point.

I was at the game, but because I lived in Dalry at the time, I left early to avoid the gloating.

I went for an extremely quick pint in Ryries and headed home . I was surprised to see glum looking jambos and I asked one of them what was the score.

I burst out laughing.

I've never left early since

Posh Hibby
06-04-2019, 02:56 PM
Great performance from him today! Been playing well all year. Creates chances with his crosses and has a sweet left foot.

emerald green
06-04-2019, 03:01 PM
Daryl's second goal was like a team goal from the likes of Man City or Barcelona. Lovely on the deck quick passing and a briliiant finish.

BSEJVT
06-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Really really good football goal capped by a fine finish

H18 SFR
06-04-2019, 03:16 PM
His second was a little too close to the keeper, he need to get them more in the corner 😂😂😂😂

What an absolute weapon of a double.

coco22
06-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Outstanding today. Great goals but worked really hard off the ball too. That 2nd goal was brilliant build up and finish

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-04-2019, 03:19 PM
A very classy player imo

A forward diamond of Allan, Horgan, Boyle and Flo (hopefully McNulty) gives me the horn for next season

theonlywayisup
06-04-2019, 03:33 PM
Daryl's second goal was like a team goal from the likes of Man City or Barcelona. Lovely on the deck quick passing and a briliiant finish.

Hertz could never score a goal as classy our second goal.

tamig
06-04-2019, 03:33 PM
A very classy player imo

A forward diamond of Allan, Horgan, Boyle and Flo (hopefully McNulty) gives me the horn for next season

So a pentagon if McNulty stays? 😀

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-04-2019, 03:39 PM
So a pentagon if McNulty stays? 😀

The famous 5? Has a nice ring to it that eh?

supermcginn
06-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Legend

theonlywayisup
06-04-2019, 04:03 PM

Allan Preston agrees with me.

Can I see Hearts finishing fourth? Absolutely no chance. They can't change their style of play with five games to go. Hibs' second goal was wonderful - I can't see Hearts scoring a goal like that. If Uche Ikpeazu's not on the money, Hearts are done.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2019, 04:05 PM
Great player with an eye for a goal. Now being properly used.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

snedzuk
06-04-2019, 04:36 PM
I was at the game, but because I lived in Dalry at the time, I left early to avoid the gloating.

I went for an extremely quick pint in Ryries and headed home . I was surprised to see glum looking jambos and I asked one of them what was the score.

I burst out laughing.

I've never left early since

I was in the main stand with a Jambo - just before McBride stepped up for the second he turns to me and says 'if you get an eke, ill be seek'

hibsbollah
06-04-2019, 04:39 PM
The Horgan Derby. :top marks

Shrekko
06-04-2019, 04:48 PM
A terrific footballer who just needs to find consistency. Big things coming next year I’d expect.

Considering the conditions I actually believe our 2nd goal was the best I’ve seen Hibs score in a derby. Wonderful final pass, lovely stuff to open it all up and a just majestic finish. Out of keeping with the rest of the game but with players like Mallan and Horgan we always have a chance.

LaMotta
06-04-2019, 04:53 PM
At ****in last someone has stepped up to become a hero at Tynecastle and win a game for us.

Astoninshing to think he was an unused sub in the last derby:rolleyes:

supermcginn
06-04-2019, 04:57 PM
He sums up how much lennon had lost it, since he's been played wide hes been outstanding

Gloucester Hibs
06-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Two really good goals, the second wouldn’t have looked out of place at the Camp Nou! Take a bow, Daryl.

He’s improved massively under Hecky

...WentToMowAnSPL
06-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Two really good goals, the second wouldn’t have looked out of place at the Camp Nou! Take a bow, Daryl.

He’s improved massively under Hecky

The second goal was the complete opposite of the 'Trying to walk it into the net' type which frustrates so much. before you got so far as saying "Try.." he shot and scored.

They were not expecting that

erin go bragh
06-04-2019, 05:33 PM
A terrific footballer who just needs to find consistency. Big things coming next year I’d expect.

Considering the conditions I actually believe our 2nd goal was the best I’ve seen Hibs score in a derby. Wonderful final pass, lovely stuff to open it all up and a just majestic finish. Out of keeping with the rest of the game but with players like Mallan and Horgan we always have a chance.

Definitely pushes Latapys 6th very close but let’s just say it’s the best one at the PBS 😉

Heisenberg
06-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Been one of, if not our best player since the turn of the year.

Criswell
06-04-2019, 11:33 PM
Great finishes. Made me a very happy man today!

07-04-2019, 04:11 AM
Has Horgan now thrown his hat in the ring for Player of the Year?

Unseen work
08-04-2019, 05:58 AM
Just saw an interesting comparison of Ryan Kent and Daryl Horgans stats

Horgan - 2236 minutes - 7 goals - 9 assists
Kent - 3129 minutes - 6 goals - 9 assists

To think of the rave reviews Kent has been getting this season and Horgan is beating him on stats and less game time.

Very good player who I feel can still and will improve

neil7908
08-04-2019, 06:51 AM
Just saw an interesting comparison of Ryan Kent and Daryl Horgans stats

Horgan - 2236 minutes - 7 goals - 9 assists
Kent - 3129 minutes - 6 goals - 9 assists

To think of the rave reviews Kent has been getting this season and Horgan is beating him on stats and less game time.

Very good player who I feel can still and will improve

So that's a goal or an assist every 140 minutes. Not bad really and I bet that'll be even higher if you looked at since the new manager came in.

He's a player I've felt flatters to deceive far too long often but really feels like he's coming onto a game now.

Since452
08-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Wrote himself into Hibs folklore. Well done Daryl.

Stuart93
08-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Playing a lot better now that the manager is playing him in the right position. Keeping things simple. No attempts at setting the team up as some tactical masterclass as Lennon tried to do

BoomtownHibees
08-04-2019, 07:55 AM
Playing a lot better now that the manager is playing him in the right position. Keeping things simple. No attempts at setting the team up as some tactical masterclass as Lennon tried to do

I still think he has been more effective playing from the left but hey, what do I know

Zazu62
08-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Hero

Tug Wilson
08-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Next season. Horgan one wing. Boyle the other. Could be very interesting.

Juniper Greens
08-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Next season. Horgan one wing. Boyle the other. Could be very interesting.

That’s if we can keep the squirrel!

H18 SFR
08-04-2019, 08:49 AM
That’s if we can keep the squirrel!

Is there interest in Boyle?

Aim Here
08-04-2019, 11:55 AM
At the start of the season, I was hoping we were set up for a Boyle/Horgan/Agyepong trifecta where we'd have two of them terrorising defenders with sheer speed for 60 minutes, then just as everyone was starting to tire, we'd swap one out for a new winger with fresh legs.

Sadly, injuries put paid to that strategy, but I'd like to see what would happen if we get a like-for-like replacement for this Agyepong kid next season.

bigwheel
08-04-2019, 11:59 AM
At the start of the season, I was hoping we were set up for a Boyle/Horgan/Agyepong trifecta where we'd have two of them terrorising defenders with sheer speed for 60 minutes, then just as everyone was starting to tire, we'd swap one out for a new winger with fresh legs.

Sadly, injuries put paid to that strategy, but I'd like to see what would happen if we get a like-for-like replacement for this Agyepong kid next season.

it's a great point - and shows how important Horgan's form has been since the new manager came in...without him, we have no real dynamic players in our team. he has been one of the key elements of our change in form...

09-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Brandon Barker? Has only played 15 games for Preston and I'd guess several of those would be from off the bench.

Mango Man
09-04-2019, 11:01 AM
I posted this thread in January regarding Horgan,

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?336908-Horgan, which proves I am the football oracle I always thought I was :wink:

But in all seriousness, so many negative comments on that thread, I thought he'd always looked like he would come good, cracking wee player, him and Boyle on the wings for us next season with Scotty Allan supplying the sumptuous passes, can't wait.

MagicSwirlingShip
09-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Can’t get enough of that winning goal.

Absolutely. Hibs. Class

Northernhibee
09-04-2019, 03:31 PM
I posted this thread in January regarding Horgan,

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?336908-Horgan, which proves I am the football oracle I always thought I was :wink:

But in all seriousness, so many negative comments on that thread, I thought he'd always looked like he would come good, cracking wee player, him and Boyle on the wings for us next season with Scotty Allan supplying the sumptuous passes, can't wait.

We should go Liverpool style 4-3-3. Flo in the middle, Allan pinging passes to Horgan and Boyle bombing into the box with Mallan waiting in the wings to smash in yet another 25 yarder.

Mango Man
09-04-2019, 03:37 PM
We should go Liverpool style 4-3-3. Flo in the middle, Allan pinging passes to Horgan and Boyle bombing into the box with Mallan waiting in the wings to smash in yet another 25 yarder.

Oafffft, that sounds fantastic, sprinkled with a couple of the gaffers new signings as well, roll on next season.

Smartie
09-04-2019, 05:49 PM

Not to urinate on this particular parade but that's a Scott Allan away from the midfield and forward unit that were hopelessly inadequate for us during the first half of the season.

Our current shape is working beautifully. I'd be going all out to get McNulty and Omeonga in longer contracts. If that can't be done, get similar replacements.

Chuck Scott Allan into the mix, plus anyone else the gaffer fancies adding.

Bingo.

Northernhibee
09-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Not to urinate on this particular parade but that's a Scott Allan away from the midfield and forward unit that were hopelessly inadequate for us during the first half of the season.

Our current shape is working beautifully. I'd be going all out to get McNulty and Omeonga in longer contracts. If that can't be done, get similar replacements.

Chuck Scott Allan into the mix, plus anyone else the gaffer fancies adding.

Bingo.

We aren’t keeping Omeonga in a million years, and not far off that with McNulty. Allan’s creativity would make a huge difference there.

truehibernian
09-04-2019, 06:37 PM
We aren’t keeping Omeonga in a million years, and not far off that with McNulty. Allan’s creativity would make a huge difference there.

Fair chance we’ll keep both for next season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-04-2019, 07:00 PM

Their idea of an amazing derby goal was Olly Lee’s in the last derby, or Ozturks prior to that. Decent strikes that had as much chance of ending up in row Z as the top corner with zero build up play

Wheat Hound
09-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Fair chance we’ll keep both for next season.

😀😀😀