PDA

View Full Version : Powder keg games on Mother’s Day?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2019, 09:49 AM
What’s with the recent trend in moving The Glasgow and Edinburgh derbies to coincide with Mother’s Day ? I think we played on Mother’s Day 3 out of 5 seasons (mibbie not all with Hearts) was speaking about this and a Celtic fan piped up and said the Glasgow derby had been played twice in recent seasons - reckoned it is not a coincidence.

So folks take it easy on the sauce cause it’s Mothers Day? Or is it carnage with Mothers feeling left out (unless they are supporters themselves)?

Crappy policy if the case...

theonlywayisup
06-04-2019, 10:40 AM
What’s with the recent trend in moving The Glasgow and Edinburgh derbies to coincide with Mother’s Day ? I think we played on Mother’s Day 3 out of 5 seasons (mibbie not all with Hearts) was speaking about this and a Celtic fan piped up and said the Glasgow derby had been played twice in recent seasons - reckoned it is not a coincidence.

So folks take it easy on the sauce cause it’s Mothers Day? Or is it carnage with Mothers feeling left out (unless they are supporters themselves)?

Am I missing something?

Mother's Day was last Sunday.

Dav1986
06-04-2019, 11:13 AM

I would imagine, it just ends up that these games end up scheduled for March originally but then get moved to the Sunday for tv rather than any other reasoning for it?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Am I missing something?

Mother's Day was last Sunday.

Last week was the uglies turn...

theonlywayisup
06-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Last week was the uglies turn...

It was your comment below in the OK that confused me.

So folks take it easy on the sauce cause it’s Mothers Day?