PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales for South Stand - What's the score

Greenbeard
04-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Killie game was one I could attend and was looking for four tickets. I was maybe a day or two late checking online but when I did check early last week I could not find 4 together, not even 2+2, unless very front row, or including a very end seat (which I have done before and watched much of the match leaning across the person next to me), or executive seats in the West (which was a stretch for our budget). So like others I was keeping an eye out to see if the South corner section would be opened up for sale.
Checked Tuesday evening to see the South was up for sale, but only the front few rows were available, not a place we wanted to sit, esp given the weather forecast, so disappointingly (or maybe not after watching the game on Alba!), we collectively decided not to go.
So when I watched on Alba, instead of a jam-packed corner section in the South, I see about 37 folk scattered across the section. This on top of the usual mass of empty seats elsewhere, as expected.

What's the score here? Am I missing something?

I don't get this not opening the South until the last minute 'cos of the cost of opening a section, stewarding etc. How many folk do you need to open a section and comply with whatever minimum standards apply? I am ignorant on this but at a guess, maybe one or two stewards outside the turnstiles, two turnstile operators, a couple of stewards inside the turnstiles, and a couple in the section? Plus say one or two supervising/spare, so maybe 10 folk? Four hour shift? So 40 man-hours at what, say £10/hour = £400? Selling 18 tickets @£23 = £414 income. So by my reckoning even if there were only 37 folk in the South last night that is a tidy wee profit for the club!!!

Please can someone ITK enlighten me.

hibbyfraelibby
04-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Probably time to make the South East side a Category B ST area. You get bumped for the games v Hertz, Sellic and Sevco but priority for other stands before public sale?

linlithgowhibbie
04-04-2019, 12:24 PM
Killie game was one I could attend and was looking for four tickets. I was maybe a day or two late checking online but when I did check early last week I could not find 4 together, not even 2+2, unless very front row, or including a very end seat (which I have done before and watched much of the match leaning across the person next to me), or executive seats in the West (which was a stretch for our budget). So like others I was keeping an eye out to see if the South corner section would be opened up for sale.
Checked Tuesday evening to see the South was up for sale, but only the front few rows were available, not a place we wanted to sit, esp given the weather forecast, so disappointingly (or maybe not after watching the game on Alba!), we collectively decided not to go.
So when I watched on Alba, instead of a jam-packed corner section in the South, I see about 37 folk scattered across the section. This on top of the usual mass of empty seats elsewhere, as expected.

I don't get this not opening the South until the last minute 'cos of the cost of opening a section, stewarding etc. How many folk do you need to open a section and comply with whatever minimum standards apply? I am ignorant on this but at a guess, maybe one or two stewards outside the turnstiles, two turnstile operators, a couple of stewards inside the turnstiles, and a couple in the section? Plus say one or two supervising/spare, so maybe 10 folk? Four hour shift? So 40 man-hours at what, say £10/hour = £400? Selling 18 tickets @£23 = £414 income. So by my reckoning even if there were only 37 folk in the South last night that is a tidy wee profit for the club!!!

Not sure when you last went to Easter Rd but we haven't had turnstyle operators for several years. So even less expenses for the club. I also believe it should be the top sections we open for cat B games to give the paying fans the best view and shelter from bad weather.

Speedy
04-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Glad you raised this as it seemed inevitable to me that someone would choose not to do due to the club's approach to releasing tickets.

Hopefully something the fan reps can get on to.

As an aside, the south was a free for all last night. People were in our seats so we just sat anywhere.

Greenbeard
04-04-2019, 12:33 PM
Not sure when you last went to Easter Rd but we haven't had turnstyle operators for several years. So even less expenses for the club. I also believe it should be the top sections we open for cat B games to give the paying fans the best view and shelter from bad weather.
Aye, old school terminolgy sorry. The guys that are deployed right at the inside of the turnstiles who help with scanning issues.

ancient hibee
04-04-2019, 12:52 PM
Aye, old school terminolgy sorry. The guys that are deployed right at the inside of the turnstiles who help with scanning issues.

If you want someone in the know to enlighten you I think it would make a lot more sense to contact the club rather than a thread on here.

Greenbeard
04-04-2019, 12:58 PM
If you want someone in the know to enlighten you I think it would make a lot more sense to contact the club rather than a thread on here.
But are there not hunners of folk on here who are in the know? :wink:

ancient hibee
04-04-2019, 01:06 PM
But are there not hunners of folk on here who are in the know? :wink:

Afraid I’m not enough in the know to know the answer to that.

Greenbeard
04-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Afraid I’m not enough in the know to know the answer to that.
Know problem then.

Power
04-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Noted here. Let me pass it on/find out process when I’m in the door.

Brightside
04-04-2019, 04:15 PM
I’d rather we filled up the traditional home stands before putting fans in the away. No shortage of seats last night.

green day
04-04-2019, 04:27 PM
Was there pods open last night, or just the one serving Killie fans?

Greenbeard
04-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Cheers

Greenbeard
04-04-2019, 04:40 PM
I’d rather we filled up the traditional home stands before putting fans in the away. No shortage of seats last night.
Agree but as explained in my OP, apart from scattered singles all I could buy online as a non-ST holder over a week in advance were very front, very end and not four together unless exec seats in the West. Maybe I was just too slow for those that were made available for public sale before the South corner was opened up.

LancashireHibby
04-04-2019, 05:33 PM
East Stand pod was selling tickets for the Hibs section of the South Stand.

Speedy
04-04-2019, 06:35 PM

There was a 'ticket booth' at the south stand. Assume it was for hibs fans but can't say for sure.

Speedy
04-04-2019, 06:37 PM

Brilliant! Great to have you linking fans on here to the club.

All the best in the role.

Keith_M
04-04-2019, 07:21 PM
Could have fitted the Hibbies that were in the South in the East Stand about ten times over.

Cold weather seemed to have put a lot of people off last night.

Onceinawhile
04-04-2019, 08:33 PM
Could have fitted the Hibbies that were in the South in the East Stand about ten times over.

Cold weather seemed to have put a lot of people off last night.

Yup. East stand was almost as empty as the FFL.

Hakim Sar
04-04-2019, 08:52 PM
In recent months I've had to sit in the South as I take my nephew and sometimes we just decide on the day before if we are going or not. Trying to find 3 seats together has always been a challenge and then we get there and there are rows and rows of empty seats.

As an important aside, I also sent the club some feedback about the scabby state of the south stand right now. I know that there have been issues with away fans causing damage, but honestly it's filthy most of the time and in dire need of some TLC.

I have suggested in my emails that the club bring in volunteers willing to work for a day for the club but there was predictably no response.

For the Motherwell game recently I was a bit shocked at the weeds, bird mess, chewing gum, rows of broken seats, chipped paint and rust.

Albanian Hibs
04-04-2019, 09:00 PM
People put off by the weather??...how pathetic. It was a decent night as well, didn't feel the cold til I left the stadium.

marinello59
04-04-2019, 09:41 PM
People put off by the weather??...how pathetic. It was a decent night as well, didn't feel the cold til I left the stadium.

Pathetic? It was freezing, anybody taking kids would have been having second thoughts. We aren’t all super tough Uber fans.