PDA

View Full Version : If Rod ever writes his autobiography?

Alfiembra
04-04-2019, 07:40 AM
And didn't keep any secrets, would it be the best Hibs book ever???

Just imagine the stories he could tell, and the myths he could dispel.

Sir Tom saving the club and appointing him chairman.
What was the conversation with the players in the John Collins affair?
The redevelopment of Easter Road and the building of the training centre.
Appointing Butcher and watching him destroy the team/club.
Did we really get offered Sparky for £150k
Appointing Leeann and her role in the resurgence of the club
Winning the Cup, promotion and Europe.
What was the real story with Lenny leaving?

What a book that would be, and one I would certainly buy.

But sadly I don't ever see it happening.

The 90+2
04-04-2019, 07:43 AM
The Tache - My Way.

oneone73
04-04-2019, 08:02 AM
There's some on here would have you believe Rod would write Leeann's autobiography.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Balance sheets for beginners?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
04-04-2019, 08:33 AM
And didn't keep any secrets, would it be the best Hibs book ever???

Just imagine the stories he could tell, and the myths he could dispel.

Sir Tom saving the club and appointing him chairman.
What was the conversation with the players in the John Collins affair?
The redevelopment of Easter Road and the building of the training centre.
Appointing Butcher and watching him destroy the team/club.
Did we really get offered Sparky for £150k
Appointing Leeann and her role in the resurgence of the club
Winning the Cup, promotion and Europe.
What was the real story with Lenny leaving?

What a book that would be, and one I would certainly buy.

But sadly I don't ever see it happening.

.....his complicity in helping Rangers avoid sanction or investigation for cheating Scottish football over many years in the biggest financial scandal in British, if not, world football.

That could be book 2, Petrie:The SFA years.

Lewiehas2
04-04-2019, 08:33 AM
There's some on here would have you believe Rod would write Leeann's autobiography.

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Football chairman for dummies.:rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 09:39 AM
I, Petrius.

Hibernian Verse
04-04-2019, 09:43 AM
I'd pay good money for a candid, completely true Rod Petrie Autobiography.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 09:48 AM
The Complete Book of Ponzi: A Practical Guide to its Art and Cultivation

danderchook
04-04-2019, 09:57 AM
Why we languished for three years in the championship, why he choose Calderwood over Clarke , why we regularly seem to miss out on players to other teams, why he choses to stay in such a high profile role at a club where a lot of fans don't like him, just curious ?

calumhibee1
04-04-2019, 10:00 AM
Why we languished for three years in the championship, why he choose Calderwood over Clarke , why we regularly seem to miss out on players to other teams, why he choses to stay in such a high profile role at a club where a lot of fans don't like him, just curious ?

Or how we won both domestic cups, the Scottish Cup for the first time since 1902. How we have had some outstanding players through the door, how he’s overseen the development of our top class stadium and training centre..

Hibernian Verse
04-04-2019, 10:02 AM

Ah the old "miss out on players to other teams". Please divulge this extensive list?

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 10:05 AM
Ah the old "miss out on players to other teams". Please divulge this extensive list?

No, no, no! Don't ask that.

Let's not help this thread descend into yet another Petrie bashing vehicle, although I can see that's already started.

HoboHarry
04-04-2019, 10:05 AM
I'd pay good money for a candid, completely true Rod Petrie Autobiography.
And Rod Petrie would happily take your money off you...... :wink:

danderchook
04-04-2019, 10:08 AM
No, no, no! Don't ask that.

Let's not help this thread descend into yet another Petrie bashing vehicle, although I can see that's already started.

Not my intention at all just my opinion and my opinion only , all I want is the very best for Hibs , met Rod a few times fine man just wish we could be a bit more ambitious at times .

DarlingtonHibee
04-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Not my intention at all just my opinion and my opinion only , all I want is the very best for Hibs , met Rod a few times fine man just wish we could be a bit more ambitious at times .

Most people's view of ambition equals debt.

Not going to happen.

Club is in a good place, and looks like leeann has got us a great manager.

Smartie
04-04-2019, 10:14 AM
The Good, the Bad, and the Butcher era.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 10:17 AM

I know it wasn't your intention, and I agree with your sentiments.

I'm sure there are things RP could have done better/differently, but the criticism he receives is excessive and often about things that didn't happen.

I also think that we've been more and more ambitious in recent years.

DarlingtonHibee
04-04-2019, 10:18 AM

I'm sure there are things RP could have done better/differently, but the criticism he receives is excessive and often about things that didn't happen.

This

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 10:21 AM
The Good, the Bad, and the Butcher era.

Very good.

The Liar, the Witch, and the East stand.

(West stand scans better, but, well, you know ... )

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 10:26 AM
No doubt it'll be turned into a film starring Kevin Costner;

Finances with Wolves.

danderchook
04-04-2019, 10:27 AM

Aye its one that could be debated long and weary, I really do hope we build on the great season ticket sales but alas as someone mentioned sometimes ambition means debt , especially up against the riches on offer in England, anyway when Rod takes up his Chief role at the SFA we may see Leeann promoted :wink:

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Aye its one that could be debated long and weary, I really do hope we build on the great season ticket sales but alas as someone mentioned sometimes ambition means debt , especially up against the riches on offer in England, anyway when Rod takes up his Chief role at the SFA we may see Leeann promoted :wink:

Aw naw, wait till you see what that little titbit starts on here! :shocked:

:faf:

The 90+2
04-04-2019, 10:40 AM
Or how we won both domestic cups, the Scottish Cup for the first time since 1902. How we have had some outstanding players through the door, how he’s overseen the development of our top class stadium and training centre..

This. Whilst not going down the pan, cash cows face paints or begging money for fake share money off kids Xmas money.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2019, 10:45 AM
An idiot's guide to Ponzi Schemes.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
04-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Have you ever heard one of Rod's interviews ? he could be a politician the way he answers a question. He is as slippery as an eel and if you asked him the time of day you would not get a straight answer.

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2019, 10:55 AM
What a book it would be :agree:

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Have you ever heard one of Rod's interviews ? he could be a politician the way he answers a question. He is as slippery as an eel and if you asked him the time of day you would not get a straight answer.

Most football people are guarded when speaking to the media. There's always someone out there just waiting to twist their words, and in Petrie's case, attempt to turn the fans against him.

Anyway, for anyone who hasn't heard one of his interviews, here's an example;

https://youtu.be/XcxlU6YgFiE

Doh Rae Me
04-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Experiences in exuberance.

MWHIBBIES
04-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Did we really "languish"? We signed quality players and pushed for promotion and trophies every year in the championship.

danderchook
04-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Did we really "languish"? We signed quality players and pushed for promotion and trophies every year in the championship.
Sorry but in my opinion and it's only my opinion a club our size should never be out of the top division, far less for three seasons .

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Sorry but in my opinion and it's only my opinion a club our size should never be out of the top division, far less for three seasons .

I'm sure no-one disagrees with you.

But "languish" we did not.

I'm very proud that Hibs are one of the few clubs who have won the SC when they were not in the top division.

hibbyfraelibby
04-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Terry Butcher...My Part In His Downfall

SquashedFrogg
05-04-2019, 06:20 AM
Why we languishsed for three years in the championship, why he choose Calderwood over Clarke , why we regularly seem to miss out on players to other teams, why he choses to stay in such a high profile role at a club where a lot of fans don't like him, just curious ?

Clarke was at West Ham before Liverpool at that time. Do you know for a fact we chose Calderwood over him?

Other than that I think your post is nonsense.

theonlywayisup
05-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Two cups in his era at Hibs, so far!

I'm pleased that he's our CEO.

Smartie
05-04-2019, 07:07 AM

"One Rod, 2 cups."

He's got a few decent working titles for his book now.

Peevemor
05-04-2019, 07:10 AM
"A Rod for his own back".

lyonhibs
05-04-2019, 07:16 AM
Hibs most successful CEO since the 50's has a certain ring to it, don't you think?

California-Hibs
05-04-2019, 07:53 AM
I wanna know if Yogi back in his playing days really did pour the bottle of wine over Rods head at the player function?!...

bigwheel
05-04-2019, 08:06 AM

relegations as well....

Edit. To add to this ..I think Petrie has done a good job at being Farmers trusted man at the club ..and no doubt he is an experienced professional and commercial businessman .

His performance has been mixed imo...good structure change pre relegation which has set us up better now - some big wrong calls on managers, and a lack of generating new investment has resulted in the level of our football ambition .

Well run club though , and secure financially - that will, I suspect be how he is remembered

leith lynx
05-04-2019, 09:56 AM
I, Petrius.

(we need to talk about Rod)

MWHIBBIES
05-04-2019, 10:02 AM

No, obviously not but we didn't languish at all. Dundee United are languishing, not Hibs. We won 1 cup, lost a final and reached 2 Scottish cup semis and played in Europe. We beat we beat half the SPL from the division below.

Hibbyradge
05-04-2019, 10:09 AM
(we need to talk about Rod)

In hindsight, "I, Rodius" would have been a better joke than "Petrius".

HibeeHibernian4
06-04-2019, 06:17 AM

There are a lot of major factors that need to be considered in that. They were two very extraordinary second tiers we were playing in. Most leagues would’ve been as competitive as our last season there was, we got extremely unlucky and were caught in a bottleneck.

Mixu62
06-04-2019, 08:29 AM
No doubt it'll be turned into a film starring Kevin Costner;

Finances with Wolves.

The Wolf of Easter Road.

ShadesLongThrow
06-04-2019, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately you can only buy it using loyalty points.

Wakeyhibee
06-04-2019, 09:04 AM
"One Rod, 2 cups."

He's got a few decent working titles for his book now.

I like that.... Rod "2 Cups" Petrie is far better than "The Tache" :)

barcahibs
06-04-2019, 10:54 AM
It'll be one of those mystery books, follow the clues to find a real life treasure.

Take the amount of money he could have paid for Leigh Griffiths and divide it by the volume of wine in mls John Hughes poured over his head and you get the first number in a 10 figure grid reference.

Once you've solved all of the clues it leads you to where he's buried the car park money.