PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Fan Shouting Abuse At Hecky

Keith_M
03-04-2019, 08:59 PM
There was an old guy in section 4 of the West shouting abuse at Heck, near the end of the game.

He then proceeded to moan on the way out about it being the worst football he'd seen in years.

:rolleyes:

The 90+2
03-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Tell the guy to hit the cinema.

Ryan91
03-04-2019, 09:05 PM
There was an old guy in section 4 of the West shouting abuse at Heck, near the end of the game.

He then proceeded to moan on the way out about it being the worst football he'd seen in years.

Wasn't pretty tonight for sure. But confirmed top 6 after looking like it was a real long shot 6-8 weeks ago. Still not lost a league game

Hibeesmad
03-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Worst football he has seen? He couldn't have attended many games in his life time.

Billychaotic182
03-04-2019, 09:08 PM
0-0's are always a dull affair but a point is still a good result

macca70
03-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Not pretty at all to watch but he’s getting results.

He needs to get support upfront for McNulty, he’s completely lost up top on his own.

And Since when did Kamberi become a left winger?!!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-04-2019, 09:12 PM
Sounds like someone needed a hug :)

I’m sure psychologists will have a term for this behaviour other than venting.

Borderhibbie76
03-04-2019, 09:13 PM

:rolleyes:There was one behind me in East that went on for about 15 mins about bringing big Daz on as a sub...apparently Hecky was playing for a draw. Never mind the fact we were missing Milligan in midfield and big Daz never gave fatty Boyd a sniff

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aim Here
03-04-2019, 09:14 PM

He needs to get support upfront for McNulty, he’s completely lost up top on his own.

Kamberi was a left winger at Grasshoppers, according to one of Hecky's recent pre- or post-match interviews.

Tyler Durden
03-04-2019, 09:17 PM

It’s worked well having Flo out wide IMO. Tonight he just had a poor game. Definitely needs more work on playing that role but with the players available I think this formation is our best option against the stronger teams

FRes Hibbie
03-04-2019, 09:27 PM
It’s worked well having Flo out wide IMO. Tonight he just had a poor game. Definitely needs more work on playing that role but with the players available I think this formation is our best option against the stronger teams

He was frustrating and frustrated in the first half. He wasn't getting the ball much and when he got it was trying too much - passes that weren't on or taking too many touches. McNulty and him looked better when we went to 4-4-2 just in time for Heck to hook him for Shaw who was ineffective.

An underwhelming night. I reckon we had enough in the second half to get a winner but were too ponderous going forward.

Keith_M
03-04-2019, 09:27 PM

We'll he wasn't getting it fae me!

He had two young kids with him. They must have been mortified

Hibrandenburg
03-04-2019, 09:30 PM

West Stand???? You should have stuffed one of your prawn sandwiches in his gob to shut him up.

Smartie
03-04-2019, 09:35 PM
It wasn't all that easy on the eye but it was fairly compelling.

A tactical battle between two astute managers and a couple of well drilled defences, there were few defensive lapses. When our defence DID make a mistake, we got to see a bit of quality when our goalkeeper pulled off a quality save.

I'd like to see us pack a bit more of a punch in the final third, but considering where we were when Hecky took over that was a perfectly acceptable performance.

CMurdoch
03-04-2019, 09:36 PM
West Stand???? You should have stuffed one of your prawn sandwiches in his gob to shut him up.

:agree::greengrin

Since452
03-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Rediculous. Thread giving the idiot more exposure than he deserves. Hecky has worked a minor miracle so far. Lennon threads were closed for less.

mcfly
03-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Pretty boring game - they set up for a draw and we couldn’t break them down

We need to set up strong v the hearts.

This is a game for Bartley - tight pitch we need him in the middle

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 09:40 PM

They had twice as many attempts at goal.

Speedway
03-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Heckling the Heck?

He’ll be hassling the Hoff next.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Heckling the Heck?

I love you.

hfc rd
03-04-2019, 09:45 PM
Worst football he has seen? He couldn't have attended many games in his life time.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Tonight wasn’t entertaining but we’ve endured even worse games than that.

Killie were solid defensively and very hard to break down. Plus we are pretty much down to our bare bones with our fast creative players injured.

B.H.F.C
03-04-2019, 09:47 PM

Na we need to remember to play football this time. We’ve completely neglected that in the last however many derbies there and it’s been dire.

We need to be brave on the ball above all else if we want to win.

Tarrahib
03-04-2019, 09:51 PM
They had twice as many attempts at goal.
2 times zero is still zero.

BILLYHIBS
03-04-2019, 09:54 PM

Dear Oh dear!

:dunno:

Niagara Lad
03-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Tell the guy to hit the cinema.
Wouldn’t mind seeing “The Keeper”.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 09:56 PM
2 times zero is still zero.

Killie had 5 on target to our 2.

9 in total to our 5.

According to Google anyway.

S4uzee
03-04-2019, 09:57 PM
Tbf thar was really brutal. Very difficult to watch

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Tbf thar was really brutal. Very difficult to watch

I enjoyed the game.

Tarrahib
03-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Killie had 5 on target to our 2.

9 in total to our 5.

According to Google anyway.
I apologise.I have just read the match report. 2 shots on target.It did not feel like that at the game.

Callyballybe
03-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Heckling the Heck?

Simply tremendous. 😂

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 10:03 PM
I apologise.I have just read the match report. 2 shots on target.It did not feel like that at the game.

It didn't feel like that here either, and I'm in Mallorca! :greengrin

hibsbollah
03-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Man Howls At Moon.

Who cares?

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2019, 10:22 PM
It did feel negative in general tonight. Any mistake was pounced on.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2019, 10:30 PM

Can only assume he's not been to another match in years, and he hasn't got a telly.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
03-04-2019, 10:32 PM
Man Howls At Moon.

Who cares?

Naw, he was quite audibly abusing a promising new manager

matty_f
03-04-2019, 10:36 PM

A tactical battle between two astute managers and a couple of well drilled defences, there were few defensive lapses. When our defence DID make a mistake, we got to see a bit of quality when our goalkeeper pulled off a quality save.

I'd like to see us pack a bit more of a punch in the final third, but considering where we were when Hecky took over that was a perfectly acceptable performance.

I couldn't agree more with this. I enjoyed the game and thought we played well without creating enough.

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 10:43 PM
I couldn't agree more with this. I enjoyed the game and thought we played well without creating enough.

You can’t be serious? You enjoyed which part?

We are brutal to watch under this ****. Ok it’s hard to bread down but it’s brutal to watch.

calumhibee1
03-04-2019, 10:44 PM

We are brutal to watch under this ****. Ok it’s hard to bread down but it’s brutal to watch.

Were you at the Motherwell game? We were outstanding that day IMO.

Criswell
Being the home team you would expect more from us in attacking terms. Kilmarnock are a good side and are well organised but still a disappointing performance from Hibs. I take it as a point gained because they were the better team on the night and carried more of a goal threat. I'm trying not to get too downbeat about our prospects in the top six.

Nicho87
Games like tonight give me hope that we were toe to toe with the best killie team in a good 15 years probably. Given that we’re missing Boyle, Porteous, and still to add Allan plus what ever Hecky has lined up, this season from taking over was always going to be a snap shot of what was to come next season. So far so good. A good pre-season and a few signings and I’m confident we will be even better.

HoboHarry
03-04-2019, 10:45 PM

I would quite like a hug from Emma Stone if you could arrange that for me......

Danderhall Hibs

I think some folk don’t/can’t/won’t appreciate that Killie are a decent side so it isn’t easy to stroll up the park and bang one in the top corner.

Sir David Gray

I'll gladly take 17 points out of every 7 matches we play. That sort of ratio over the course of a full season would have us winning the league.

tamig
03-04-2019, 10:53 PM

I hope your starred out word isn’t a derogatory reference to our new manager. Disgraceful and unacceptable if so.

HibeeHibernian4
03-04-2019, 11:04 PM

"Joined Jan 2019".

Hiya Neil pal, good result against St Mirren tonight Neil!

Pilrig_Sauzee
03-04-2019, 11:14 PM
Kiliie are a better side than us, based on their position in the table. A few months ago this is a game that we would have lost. PH has made us more resilient, which has got us top 6. Yes that's the minimum we should expect at the start of the season, but our season began when PH took over, so we've achieved the first most important thing.

Tonight emphasised the weaknesses the majority of fans would acnowledge: lack of pace on the wings, too many slight/short players in the middle third, slow to push forward and pass the ball up quickly. Most of that is legacy not choice.

But not all, and i think PH's next real test (he's aced the first based on points tally), is to show more self-confidence against a beatable Hearts side.Saturday's opponents are poorer than tonight's, and PH should go out to win.

matty_f
03-04-2019, 11:14 PM

Mental.

Daydreamer
03-04-2019, 11:28 PM

Nonsense I wonder?? At least we never got beat 3-0

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Were you at the Motherwell game? We were outstanding that day IMO.

Correct, we were better. But were you at Livi and then tonight? It’s eye bleeding!

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:41 PM
I hope your starred out word isn’t a derogatory reference to our new manager. Disgraceful and unacceptable if so.

It could be many words...

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:42 PM
"Joined Jan 2019".

Hiya Neil pal, good result against St Mirren tonight Neil!

From a “Hibby” who didn’t know who was in the Roseburn on derby day.

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Mental.

So tonight was good enough??? We were good? Kamberi on the left?

Who’s mental?

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:45 PM
What a clown you are.. Nonsense I wonder?? At least we never got beat 3-0

I’m a clown?! Have you watched us EVERY game since he came in? Ok, results driven business, but it’s eye bleeding! I’ll keep going, and my AST but it’s quickly becoming through habit again, not enjoyment.

Centre Hawf
03-04-2019, 11:45 PM

Who’s mental?

Tell your pals at Kickback to try harder.

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:46 PM
Think I’ve covered you all, if not, see you in Roseburn on Sat. Except those who thought it was a **** pub on derby day.

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:47 PM

Mwah

2016-05-21
03-04-2019, 11:54 PM

Had to come back to this as it’s the default response to anyone outwith the dot net ‘30’. The wider support laughs at this place because of the like of you. The odd time we run buses (and I have and a few from on here have travelled with us), you’re so disconnected from the wider Hibs support it’s hilarious. But you all keep your ‘niche’. You are all welcome to each other because as soon as someone rattles a cage, it’s “kickback” this etc. It’s fantastic from afar watching you all. Amd on that note, God Bless and good night!

Daydreamer
03-04-2019, 11:57 PM
I’m a clown?! Have you watched us EVERY game since he came in? Ok, results driven business, but it’s eye bleeding! I’ll keep going, and my AST but it’s quickly becoming through habit again, not enjoyment.

Well yes I have and I do go to every game. Did you watch Lennon play 7 defenders against Killie in December. Eye bleeding, thats what that was. I would have taken this two months ago and as another poster has said Hecky is still working out the strengths and weaknesses of the team. If you are a Hibs supporter you would realise that.

2016-05-21
04-04-2019, 12:00 AM
Well yes I have and I do go to every game. Did you watch Lennon play 7 defenders against Killie in December. Eye bleeding, thats what that was. I would have taken this two months ago and as another poster has said Hecky is still working out the strengths and weaknesses of the team. If you are a Hibs supporter you would realise that.

What has Lennon got to do with how we’re playing now? We’ve had a good 45 mins against Motherwell at ER. I’ve already said yes results are better, but on the eye, it’s horrendous. Hence about 20 folk back in pub tonight at half time. It’s back to Fenlon style.

Daydreamer
04-04-2019, 12:06 AM
What has Lennon got to do with how we’re playing now? We’ve had a good 45 mins against Motherwell at ER. I’ve already said yes results are better, but on the eye, it’s horrendous. Hence about 20 folk back in pub tonight at half time. It’s back to Fenlon style.

20 folk in the pub at half time. Where Tynecastle arms Phew your fu****g hard work. By the way I will be in the Roseburn on Saturday!!!

HibeeHibernian4
04-04-2019, 12:12 AM
From a “Hibby” who didn’t know who was in the Roseburn on derby day.

You're confusing me with somebody else, I think. You're coming across as a total slaver, by the way.

Forza Fred
04-04-2019, 04:34 AM

:top marks

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2019, 05:31 AM
It was 0-0 and certainly no classic, but I'm sure we've all seen much, much, much worse games than that. Almost every game Terry Butcher was here for, for a start.

JimBHibees
04-04-2019, 05:49 AM
Naw, he was quite audibly abusing a promising new manager

No one tell him to stfu.

Wakeyhibee
04-04-2019, 06:10 AM
Heckling the Heck?

Hassling the Of(ir) was in front of me. Well pretty much moaned and slagged every Hibs player off for 90 mins. Didn't applaud one good defensive tackle or Ofirs save.

Wasn't pretty but a point and a clean sheet, thought the back four were reasonably solid.

Albanian Hibs
04-04-2019, 06:49 AM

🤣 no it really isnt brutal.

Albanian Hibs
04-04-2019, 06:51 AM

Who’s mental?

It was ok and would have taken a point before ko. We weren't bad. He has played there last few games and done ok, last night he wasn't great, looks unfit.

You.

Heisenberg
04-04-2019, 06:55 AM

Yes exactly, results driven business. I’d much rather be moving up the table while picking up wins than sliding down it trying to play a style that doesn’t suit this group of players.

FWIW we played some very good stuff against Motherwell, Hamilton, Dundee and in spells vs Rangers. We’ve gone away to difficult venues at St Johnstone and Livi and come away with 6 points.

I don’t care how we do it if we keep picking up points at the same rate we have since this “****” (as you put it) came in. You’ll be one of the same folk who deride Aberdeen for their style of play completely ignoring the fact that they’ve been consistently top two for years.

SquashedFrogg
04-04-2019, 06:56 AM

You're having a loaf mate?

HFC93
Had to come back to this as it’s the default response to anyone outwith the dot net ‘30’. The wider support laughs at this place because of the like of you. The odd time we run buses (and I have and a few from on here have travelled with us), you’re so disconnected from the wider Hibs support it’s hilarious. But you all keep your ‘niche’. You are all welcome to each other because as soon as someone rattles a cage, it’s “kickback” this etc. It’s fantastic from afar watching you all. Amd on that note, God Bless and good night!

The 'wider' Hibs support. Could you expand on this?

hibee316

I enjoyed it. Two very evenly matched teams playing out a tactical battle.
The match up between Omeonga and Mulumbu (who is quality) was a great watch.

Brightside
04-04-2019, 07:01 AM

Great game to watch. Go and watch 5s at Porty if you want a load of goals.

Northernhibee
04-04-2019, 07:05 AM
Correct, we were better. But were you at Livi and then tonight? It’s eye bleeding!

If only Hecky had played Bogdan at left midfield, lost the game whilst berating anyone in site but himself and pretended to be an aeroplane like a six year old would, eh? #memories

MWHIBBIES
04-04-2019, 07:06 AM

You haven't enjoyed 17 points from 21?

Northernhibee
04-04-2019, 07:07 AM
Tbh I see similarities in Clarke and Hecky. Thoughtful, pragmatic, intelligent and prefers to coach. Can adapt to a plan B or C when needed and has every player crystal clear of their role.

It’s no big surprise last night was a stalemate.

matty_f
04-04-2019, 07:07 AM

Who’s mental?

In the context of is only having the players who played acquisition and playing the team in third, I'd say so.

I think the only one of Heckingbottom's games I've missed was Celtic in the cup (which I watched on TV, in a pub) and the last phrase I'd use to describe is is "eye-bleeding".

So yes, I think you're reaction is mental if I'm totally honest.

Jim44
04-04-2019, 07:09 AM

Crumbs!!! :crazy:

Brightside
04-04-2019, 07:12 AM
Tbh I see similarities in Clarke and Hecky. Thoughtful, pragmatic, intelligent and prefers to coach. Can adapt to a plan B or C when needed and has every player crystal clear of their role.

It’s no big surprise last night was a stalemate.

Yep - huge respect for each other also. Both would have loved that game from a coaching point of view.

Since452
04-04-2019, 07:15 AM

Would you rather we played open expansive football and lost 5 out of 7 or be well organised and tactical and win 5 out of 7? I know what I'd pick.

familyman
04-04-2019, 07:24 AM

Firstly the game was mediocre and I was alarmed that our new manager seems to think Hibs need to get used to this style of set up from the opposition, it may well be new to him but we have seen this type of team MANY Many times, most players know that style only to well...Kilmarnock are well organised and actually played ok.
Kamberi lost his ball control again too often and Slivka never seems to be alert .The midfield disappeared yet again and Malin was very ineffective again.
All of this is frustrating for sure but as a fan I am aware of our lack of options with no wingers and a real lack of creativity in the middle of the park ensuring our forwards get poor and SLOW SLOW service......we need to trust the manager will get it all sorted in next season with QUALITY players coming in, meantime get the stewards to ensure foul language is stopped but ejecting such behaviour and let us all hold together and support the team even if it is not a great one just at this time.Yes we have done ok against teams below us but as they say we are now in a different ball game.:flag:

green day
04-04-2019, 07:41 AM

Personally I prefer an expansive daft formation like Hamilton used v Killie.

I just love 5-0 rogerings me........

Or, in an alternate universe, 17 points from 21.

Oh, and calling the manager a xxxx, classy.

Northernhibee
04-04-2019, 07:47 AM
Firstly the game was mediocre and I was alarmed that our new manager seems to think Hibs need to get used to this style of set up from the opposition, it may well be new to him but we have seen this type of team MANY Many times, most players know that style only to well...Kilmarnock are well organised and actually played ok.
Kamberi lost his ball control again too often and Slivka never seems to be alert .The midfield disappeared yet again and Malin was very ineffective again.
All of this is frustrating for sure but as a fan I am aware of our lack of options with no wingers and a real lack of creativity in the middle of the park ensuring our forwards get poor and SLOW SLOW service......we need to trust the manager will get it all sorted in next season with QUALITY players coming in, meantime get the stewards to ensure foul language is stopped but ejecting such behaviour and let us all hold together and support the team even if it is not a great one just at this time.Yes we have done ok against teams below us but as they say we are now in a different ball game.:flag:

“Alarmed”?

SChibs
04-04-2019, 07:48 AM
I enjoyed it. Two very evenly matched teams playing out a tactical battle.
The match up between Omeonga and Mulumbu (who is quality) was a great watch.

I agree Mulumbu was quality and he was probably man of the match. His ability to keep the ball under pressure and wriggle out of challenges whilst still picking a pass after is what we are missing I think.

Steve20
04-04-2019, 07:52 AM

Looked the other way about. We set up for a draw and they couldn't break us down. They looked the more likely.

Can't argue with Heckingbottoms points return so far, but I hope long term, he isn't planning on setting the team up just to get draws against top 6 sides. The games against Killie and Rangers at Easter Road, we should be attacking them trying to win it.

DoubleDangerous
04-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Yesterday was a rather disappointing affair, but it's Killie's game to stop teams playing. They've made Celtic and Sevco look ordinary this year, so a 0-0 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyone who thinks Heck could be doing better with this threadbare squad is deluded. We have got to be the most fickle fans in the country! We were looking at a shameful bottom 6 finish, and now we have a squeak of making Europe. Heck has been nothing short of sensational (in his own understated way) since his arrival, and anyone needlessly shouting abuse at him is a bawbag.

matty_f
04-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Looked the other way about. We set up for a draw and they couldn't break us down. They looked the more likely.

Can't argue with Heckingbottoms points return so far, but I hope long term, he isn't planning on setting the team up just to get draws against top 6 sides. The games against Killie and Rangers at Easter Road, we should be attacking them trying to win it.

As soon as we got the ball they had everyone behind it. They defended very well which stopped a lot of early attacks (I.e. they marked McNulty out the game and went man for man in midfield so really limited what we were able to do with the ball).
Killie looked more dangerous simply because they countered better than us, imho, but there was nothing in the game.
Better teams than us have struggled to break Killie down at home, if have expected us to be more efficient at it had we had our wingers and Gauld available.

we are hibs
04-04-2019, 08:08 AM
Was a poor game but if it had been earlier in the season the likelihood is we would've conceded in the last 10. Far better out of possession.

Keith_M
04-04-2019, 08:18 AM

You're the one that needs a reality check.

Please remind me what his points return is so far

Brightside
04-04-2019, 08:19 AM

If we beat every other team and draw the top teams wed probably end up top 3. I'll take that every season.

McD
04-04-2019, 08:22 AM

Yet here you are, posting on the ‘niche’, the group that the ‘wider support laughs at’. Out of curiosity, have you canvassed 10k+ supporters, so that you can speak in facts about the opinions of this site, or are you just talking hyperbolic crap? No need to reply, I’m sure we can all work it out..

funny how you’re whining about people challenging your OTT comment, then are very quick to deride the opinions on here.

Lewiehas2
04-04-2019, 08:31 AM

Piss off mate eh. We were awful for months before Hecky came in, played 7 defenders against Killie away and got pumped 3-0. Everyone knew we had to be more organised and play to our (limited by numbers) strengths, baring in mind we lost Efe, Porteous and Boyler in January, 3 of our best players if not our best. This isn't Hecky's team, he barely has a full squad and has managed to lift us into the top 6 when we never looked anywhere near it when he came in. Give him some credit, he's done great with a team that Lennon struggled with. Let's back him for the next 6 games, which are huge, then we'll see him bring in his own players to suit his style of play - which we've been told is high press & attacking. I'm excited for the split and next season under this man, give him a chance.

flash
04-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Think we can safely file that last sentence under "never happened."

PatHead
04-04-2019, 08:52 AM
I didn't really enjoy the match last night. I felt we were too slow against a very well disciplined and organised side.

The positives are we very rarely looked like losing a goal and we will be able to change things when we have a full squad to choose from. We also gained a point.

Lots to build on, onwards and upwards.

skyhibs
04-04-2019, 09:02 AM
I didn't really enjoy the match last night. I felt we were too slow against a very well disciplined and organised side.

The positives are we very rarely looked like losing a goal and we will be able to change things when we have a full squad to choose from. We also gained a point.

Lots to build on, onwards and upwards.

Don't know what game you were watching but they had 4 or 5 great chances to our 1

terrible football on show

positives are we didn't lose

Onwards and upwards...... Bring on the Jambos

Since452
04-04-2019, 09:13 AM
I thought Kilmarnock controlled the game. They just looked a better team. Faster with and without the ball, better physicality and generally looked more dangerous than us. The league positions is probably an accurate representation of what i saw last night. Considering where we were not so long ago and the amount of injuries we have I'm very pleased we're still mixing it with 6 games to go. I can see us running out of steam a bit now but looking forward to next season.

Wakeyhibee
04-04-2019, 09:19 AM

The only poor part is our service to the front, but that was partly down to Killie. I enjoyed watching our defence having a great game and a rareish clean sheet, Omeongas midfield battles etc...

Not a classic but I've seen a lot worse, a hell of a lot.

Frazerbob
04-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Not read the whole thread so may be repeating but my thoughts are that it was a poor game but not through a lack of effort. Both teams cancelled each other out and neither team was prepared to to take any real risk to push for the win. We were both relatively happy with the draw. Not a bad point at all, especially when looked at with the last 6 or 7 games. Killie are a very decent team.

Hopefully Hecky goes for it on Saturday. Canny be doing with another visit to Tynie where we’re scared to express ourselves.

Pete
04-04-2019, 09:50 AM

People outwith the dot net 30

Bangkok Hibby
04-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Yesterday was a rather disappointing affair, but it's Killie's game to stop teams playing. They've made Celtic and Sevco look ordinary this year, so a 0-0 is nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyone who thinks Heck could be doing better with this threadbare squad is deluded. We have got to be the most fickle fans in the country! We were looking at a shameful bottom 6 finish, and now we have a squeak of making Europe. Heck has been nothing short of sensational (in his own understated way) since his arrival, and anyone needlessly shouting abuse at him is a bawbag.

Pretty much sums it up. I was very optimistic at the start of this season and it all went tits up. Even more optimistic now for next season with players returning and new faces in. All the reports suggest he has the respect of the team and they understand what he wants. Maybe delivering that just now though with this lightweight squad isn't always feasible. Even if we only finish sixth he's worked wonders and anyone slagging him before they see how next season pans out is as you say a bawbag!

Viva_Palmeiras
04-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Brutal, Eye-bleeding, Fenlon - is this some sort of bingo :)

SquashedFrogg
04-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Lol

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2019, 11:55 AM

So far as I can see this 'wider Hibs support' you talk about consists of a few Facebook pages inhabited by far fewer folk than the forum you say doesn't represent the wider Hibs support. Most of the content consists of folk slagging the club and board for a perceived lack of ambition, but with no clue as to where all the money is to come from to make us the club they say we should be. Then of course you have the Neil Lennon fan club who cant or wont accept that he has moved on and the clique who think Celtic's 'Green Brigade' are an example to us all.

Wider Hibs support my arse :faf:

Mikey
04-04-2019, 12:03 PM

I thought it was just one person with 30 user names :dunno:

SaulGoodman
04-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Who is the dot net 30? Am I in it? Is it like the “private” private members club?

Keith_M
04-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Who is the dot net 30? Am I in it? Is it like the “private” private members club?

Nah, you need to have 50,000 posts, be mates with the Admin Inner Circle and have DotNet tattooed on yir bum

04-04-2019, 12:27 PM

38 inch waist and above.

Don't think expanding any further is a good idea.

Mango Man
04-04-2019, 12:30 PM
So far as I can see this 'wider Hibs support' you talk about consists of a few Facebook pages inhabited by far fewer folk than the forum you say doesn't represent the wider Hibs support. Most of the content consists of folk slagging the club and board for a perceived lack of ambition, but with no clue as to where all the money is to come from to make us the club they say we should be. Then of course you have the Neil Lennon fan club who cant or wont accept that he has moved on and the clique who think Celtic's 'Green Brigade' are an example to us all.

Some of the comments on those Hibs facebook pages are crazy!!

Can't believe any Hibs fan could give Heckingbottom a hard time after what he has done in such a short space of time, working with a depleted squad, none of which are his players, we were way off top 6 when he came in and season practically over, we are now undefeated, in the top 6 with a battle for Europe firmly on, 1 point behind league champions Hearts, I honestly don't know what more he could do.

There does seem to be a load of "fans" at the moment who are just itching to be negative about the club, particularly on Twitter and Facebook, some can't get over Petrie being there, some even don't like Leeann Dempster, some blame the club for Lennon leaving, people have short memories, this is our first dodgy season in years, yet we could still finish in the same spot as last year.

Jones28
04-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Some of the comments on those Hibs facebook pages are crazy!!

Can't believe any Hibs fan could give Heckingbottom a hard time after what he has done in such a short space of time, working with a depleted squad, none of which are his players, we were way off top 6 when he came in and season practically over, we are now undefeated, in the top 6 with a battle for Europe firmly on, 1 point behind league champions Hearts, I honestly don't know what more he could do.

There does seem to be a load of "fans" at the moment who are just itching to be negative about the club, particularly on Twitter and Facebook, some can't get over Petrie being there, some even don't like Leeann Dempster, some blame the club for Lennon leaving, people have short memories, this is our first dodgy season in years, yet we could still finish in the same spot as last year.

Hibs fans on Facebook pages make me not like Hibs fans.

Mango Man
04-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Hibs fans on Facebook pages make me not like Hibs fans.

Yup, me too, the idiots are the ones who shout the loudest.

HoboHarry
04-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Well this thread went south in a hurry lol. All I did was ask for a hug from Emma Stone on page 2.........:greengrin

HoboHarry
04-04-2019, 12:37 PM

My missus supports Hibs and her arse certainly needs support, I can attest to that.....

HibeeHibernian4
04-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Would you rather we played open expansive football and lost 5 out of 7 or be well organised and tactical and win 5 out of 7? I know what I'd pick.

But the thing is, we didn't even play that under Lennon.

It was far more turgid.

He's clearly one of these @ClydeOutreach-on-Twitter-esque types, convinced that sacking a ***** manager was some sort of Masonic conspiracy.

Delboy4
04-04-2019, 01:32 PM
What do some of our fans want?

League matches since Hecky took over:
WON - 5
DRAWN - 2

FOR - 13
AGAINST - 7

Ok the game last night we didn't play the best football, however, Killie are a very good side.

Oh and we have ONLY been beat by the champions since our new manager was appointed..!

:dunno:

PS - Well done to Hecky on winning the manager of the month :top marks

HFC93
04-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Hecky has won manager of the month for March. Gutted for ‘2016-05-21’ and ‘the wider Hibs support’.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2019, 01:56 PM
People outwith the dot net 30Phew, I thought this was one of those fattist things, my mate's a size 44 waist and in every sense a big, wider, Hibs supporter.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
04-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Not read the whole thread so may be repeating but my thoughts are that it was a poor game but not through a lack of effort. Both teams cancelled each other out and neither team was prepared to to take any real risk to push for the win. We were both relatively happy with the draw. Not a bad point at all, especially when looked at with the last 6 or 7 games. Killie are a very decent team.

Hopefully Hecky goes for it on Saturday. Canny be doing with another visit to Tynie where we’re scared to express ourselves.

Spot on my thoughts exactly. Hopefully we are going into derby with a bit of belief to put on a performance. Our recent away form has been good and hope that continues. Think the team picks itself with Darren in and Milligan in midfield with Slivka bench. Been way past time we beat them there.

JimBHibees
04-04-2019, 02:33 PM
Don't know what game you were watching but they had 4 or 5 great chances to our 1

terrible football on show

positives are we didn't lose

Onwards and upwards...... Bring on the Jambos

Not the game I was watching. Jones one from our mistake was the only real chance IMO. Couple of headers from corners is all I can think of.

Tarrahib
04-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Nah, you need to have 50,000 posts, be mates with the Admin Inner Circle and have DotNet tattooed on yir bum
Where is the dot tattooed?

Borderhibbie76
04-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Piss off mate eh. We were awful for months before Hecky came in, played 7 defenders against Killie away and got pumped 3-0. Everyone knew we had to be more organised and play to our (limited by numbers) strengths, baring in mind we lost Efe, Porteous and Boyler in January, 3 of our best players if not our best. This isn't Hecky's team, he barely has a full squad and has managed to lift us into the top 6 when we never looked anywhere near it when he came in. Give him some credit, he's done great with a team that Lennon struggled with. Let's back him for the next 6 games, which are huge, then we'll see him bring in his own players to suit his style of play - which we've been told is high press & attacking. I'm excited for the split and next season under this man, give him a chance.Well said that man

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
04-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Where is the dot tattooed?

They don't tell you that until the initiation ritual...

Iggy Pope
04-04-2019, 08:33 PM

Were you back in the pub with 2016-05-21’s “20” last night and still there at 10am this morning? I love school nights on the pish.

Salisbury Hibby
04-04-2019, 10:09 PM
We got the job done and secured top 6. Marciano saved our skin in this game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
04-04-2019, 10:14 PM
We got the job done and secured top 6. Marciano saved our skin in this game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not for the first time big Rocky has made all the difference. He's a big asset. :agree:

Crunchie
04-04-2019, 11:29 PM
Piss off mate eh. We were awful for months before Hecky came in, played 7 defenders against Killie away and got pumped 3-0. Everyone knew we had to be more organised and play to our (limited by numbers) strengths, baring in mind we lost Efe, Porteous and Boyler in January, 3 of our best players if not our best. This isn't Hecky's team, he barely has a full squad and has managed to lift us into the top 6 when we never looked anywhere near it when he came in. Give him some credit, he's done great with a team that Lennon struggled with. Let's back him for the next 6 games, which are huge, then we'll see him bring in his own players to suit his style of play - which we've been told is high press & attacking. I'm excited for the split and next season under this man, give him a chance.

:aok::top marks