PDA

View Full Version : Hearts fan abuses their own players pregnant girlfriend

calumhibee1
03-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Nothing really surprises me from that lot..

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-star-s-pregnant-girlfriend-blasts-jambos-fan-who-abused-her-at-tynecastle-1-4900393

Forza Fred
03-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Perhaps unsurprisingly, given the length of the thread, I can’t open it.

lyonhibs
03-04-2019, 07:44 AM
What on earth goes through folks' heads when they see the pregnant missus of one of their own players and they think "aye, this will be a great idea, let's all call her a slag" (or whatever terms were actually used)

We have our own share of brain dead morons with - sadly - working vocal chords but this seems an especially egregious load of ***** from the Jambos.

Peevemor
03-04-2019, 07:47 AM
THE pregnant partner of Hearts star Jake Mulraney has blasted a Jambos fan who abused her at Tynecastle Park. Aoife McDonagh - who is due to give birth to the couple’s first child in September - was targeted in the stand during Saturday’s SPFL Premiership win over Aberdeen.

Hearts' Jake Mulraney After suffering verbal abuse, Aoife took to twitter to reveal the impact of her ordeal, writing: “Go to watch my boyfriend’s game and get abused off one of the ‘fans’. Just because you buy a ticket doesn’t mean you’ve the right to shout at me and have me sit there anxious for 90 mins while I’m almost 4 months pregnant. Absolute disgrace I am disgusted.” Winger Mulraney, 22, yesterday admitted his own anger over the incident.

The Irishman, who joined Hearts from Inverness Caledonian Thistle last summer, criticised the unacceptable behaviour. He said: “It is something that comes with football and it wasn’t a massive issue but the fact my girlfriend is pregnant, that got my back up. After an hour or so, I calmed down. As long as she is aright, that’s all that really bothers me.

“She is quite sensitive and she is not really used to it. She was used to coming to Inverness and there’s maybe a 1000 or 2000 people at a game. Here, there’s 18,000 people screaming. She is from an area where, if someone says something, her back usually goes up and she is used to speaking up and defending herself. She has that in her. So it is hard for her to hear that and not say something back.” Mulraney insisted he will not accept Aoife being abused, adding: “This is the first time involving her. I get stick all the time and that comes with football. Me personally, I don’t care but when it involves her then it is a bit different.” Aoife plans to continue attending Hearts matches as Mulraney strives to help the club qualify for Europe and win the Scottish Cup this season. “Maybe she will just wear earplugs. I actually think she has done that before, just stuck the headphones in,” said Mulraney. “She can give as good as she gets. I was only worried because she is pregnant. “Me and her spoke about it. If one person says something stupid, we can’t really hold that against all the fans.

I know for a fact that not all the fans are like that. I would say that it is only a small percentage that are like that.” The couple will learn the sex of their baby later this month after Hearts play Mulraney’s former club in the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden Park. He added: “I can’t wait. I am really excited and we find out what we are having the day after the semi final, so it could be a good weekend.”

No idea what the abuse was.

Diclonius
03-04-2019, 07:50 AM
I don't understand why they decided to verbally abuse someone who for all intents and purposes was just another member of the crowd. Did they know she was his girlfriend or something?

I guess the only explanation is they were mouthing off about him being ***** or whatever, she sticks up for him and they round on her instead. Ridiculous.

Gloucester Hibs
03-04-2019, 07:52 AM
How could this happen? Surely the mega super stand has a separate seating area for the WAGs away from all the riff-raff?

The 90+2
03-04-2019, 07:54 AM
welts. Isn’t the boy Irish? Probably something to do with it. Also the fact he’s rotten.

hibsbollah
03-04-2019, 07:55 AM
It's a bit of a nothing story until you get more details. It could have been no more than an argument between two people that involved sweary words.

Speedy
03-04-2019, 07:59 AM
I don't understand why they decided to verbally abuse someone who for all intents and purposes was just another member of the crowd. Did they know she was his girlfriend or something?

I guess the only explanation is they were mouthing off about him being ***** or whatever, she sticks up for him and they round on her instead. Ridiculous.

In the absence of any real details, this was my take on it.

Complete non story.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-04-2019, 08:02 AM
They racially abuse their own players

Is this really a shock?

"She is quite sensitive and she is not really used to it. She was used to coming to Inverness and there’s maybe a 1000 or 2000 people at a game. Here, there’s 18,000 people screaming."

18k, aye good one pal

But in all seriousness, what are they thinking abusing a players girlfriend, animals

bingo70
03-04-2019, 08:17 AM
In the absence of any real details, this was my take on it.

Complete non story.

Might be a non story but not sure it’s the smartest of moves by him coming out in the media and slating Hearts fans.

I’m sure Craig Levein won’t be best pleased with him, especially in derby week.

we are hibs
03-04-2019, 08:35 AM
welts. Isn’t the boy Irish? Probably something to do with it. Also the fact he’s rotten.

He won their penalty on Saturday and was their best player apparently.

Big_Franck
03-04-2019, 08:55 AM
It's a bit of a nothing story until you get more details. It could have been no more than an argument between two people that involved sweary words.

That's exactly what it sounds like to me. It sounds like she was sitting close to someone that was shouting at Mulraney for being p1sh, she has bit back and said something to the fan (Mulraney alludes to her short temper in the link) and the fan and her have then had a bit of an argument.

As much as I love sticking the boot in to jambos I don't think there's much to see here. In fact, going by what Mulraney said in the link it wouldn't surprise me if his girlfriend played a big part in causing it.

Hibernian Verse
03-04-2019, 09:16 AM

I was once unknowingly sitting beside a cousin of Lewis Stevenson at Rugby Park a good 10 years ago. He misplaced a pass and she was ready to fight me after a comment I made - taught me to always be aware of your surroundings!

Point is, family members will get their backs up like you or I would.

I now love Lewy :greengrin

Alex Trager
03-04-2019, 09:20 AM
I was once unknowingly sitting beside a cousin of Lewis Stevenson at Rugby Park a good 10 years ago. He misplaced a pass and she was ready to fight me after a comment I made - taught me to always be aware of your surroundings!

Point is, family members will get their backs up like you or I would.

I now love Lewy :greengrin

It works both ways that though.

They must know what happens at a game and should be able to take knowledge with them when they attend

matty_f
03-04-2019, 09:52 AM
That's exactly what it sounds like to me. It sounds like she was sitting close to someone that was shouting at Mulraney for being p1sh, she has bit back and said something to the fan (Mulraney alludes to her short temper in the link) and the fan and her have then had a bit of an argument.

As much as I love sticking the boot in to jambos I don't think there's much to see here. In fact, going by what Mulraney said in the link it wouldn't surprise me if his girlfriend played a big part in causing it.

That's some leap and is shockingly misogynistic to take an article about a woman being abused and somehow being to blame for it.

green day
03-04-2019, 10:02 AM
It works both ways that though.

They must know what happens at a game and should be able to take knowledge with them when they attend

They do, but it must still hurt families.

I was listening to That Peter Crouch podcast (v funny, btw) and he touches on it. Said that one time his mum was in tears, and his old man was going fighting about comments fans made about him.

Funniest bit though was when fans were shouting about how Abbey Clancey was a bit of a looker and she was somewhat "out of his league" - his response was "magic, who doesnt want to hear their bird is really tidy!!" :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Big_Franck
03-04-2019, 10:03 AM
That's some leap and is shockingly misogynistic to take an article about a woman being abused and somehow being to blame for it.

How is it misogynistic?

RoxburghHibs
03-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Nothing really surprises me from that lot..

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-star-s-pregnant-girlfriend-blasts-jambos-fan-who-abused-her-at-tynecastle-1-4900393

Your link was wrong/broken so I have sorted for you..

The 90+2
03-04-2019, 10:15 AM
He won their penalty on Saturday and was their best player apparently.

Shows how ***** both they teams are and how we can catch them.

jgl07
03-04-2019, 10:15 AM
How could this happen? Surely the mega super stand has a separate seating area for the WAGs away from all the riff-raff?
No so easy at Tynecastle!

The 90+2
03-04-2019, 10:16 AM

I think unless you post on a PC or your post gets quoted it shows like that.

RoxburghHibs
03-04-2019, 10:17 AM
I think unless you post on a PC or your post gets quoted it shows like that.

You need to post as a link using that option (not sure if that is available using a smart phone?).

silverhibee
03-04-2019, 10:19 AM

I was listening to That Peter Crouch podcast (v funny, btw) and he touches on it. Said that one time his mum was in tears, and his old man was going fighting about comments fans made about him.

Funniest bit though was when fans were shouting about how Abbey Clancey was a bit of a looker and she was somewhat "out of his league" - his response was "magic, who doesnt want to hear their bird is really tidy!!" :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Only lost it the once. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
03-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Take it the player is trying to engineer a move away from the tramps in the summer.

calumhibee1
03-04-2019, 10:27 AM

Thank you sir. As 90+2 said, think it’ll be because I posted it from my phone :aok:

matty_f
03-04-2019, 10:28 AM
How is it misogynistic?

I would have thought that was pretty evident, to be fair.

You've taken a story about a woman being abused and made her to blame for it.

hibsbollah
03-04-2019, 10:33 AM

I have at least four or five proper laugh out loud moments every episode. He just seems like such a funny but basically decent bloke. I didn't realize he got booed when he came on on his England debut, and the 'freak' stuff must have been hard for his family to deal with.

If my son made it as a professional player maybe I'd be best watching on TV:greengrin I couldn't deal with him getting barracked like that in a full stadium, can you imagine...

ancient hibee
03-04-2019, 10:36 AM

:top marks

Big_Franck
03-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Nonsense. If I had presumed she was partly to blame because she was a woman, then you’d have been right. It would have made my comment very misogynistic. But I didn’t. I had more info to go on than just her sex, thanks to Mulraney's comments.

Mulraney said himself that his girlfriend is quite sensitive, gets her back up quickly and she is used to "speaking up and defending herself’ due to the area she comes from. I think we can all imagine what she’s like, it's hardly a big leap.

Also, and this isn't directed at you, how the fan was supposed to know that she is “almost 4 months pregnant” under a winter coat I’ve no idea. That’s irrelevant to the story IMO. It’s just the press trying to sensationalise a non-story.

matty_f
03-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Nonsense. If I had presumed she was partly to blame because she was a woman, then you’d have been right. It would have made my comment very misogynistic. But I didn’t. I had more info to go on than just her sex, thanks to Mulraney's comments.

Mulraney said himself that his girlfriend is quite sensitive, gets her back up quickly and she is used to "speaking up and defending herself’ due to the area she comes from. I think we can all imagine what she’s like, it's hardly a big leap.

Also, and this isn't directed at you, how the fan was supposed to know that she is “almost 4 months pregnant” under a winter coat I’ve no idea. That’s irrelevant to the story IMO. It’s just the press trying to sensationalise a non-story.

I think we'll need to agree to disagree on this. IMHO, there's nothing in the story to suggest she invited it on herself.

Big_Franck
03-04-2019, 10:56 AM
I think we'll need to agree to disagree on this. IMHO, there's nothing in the story to suggest she invited it on herself.

Fair enough. If the fan has been screaming abuse at her then he's clearly a c*ck and was out of order.

From the very little info we have though it sounds most likely to be a nothing argument between two people with short tempers. A non-story IMO.