PDA

View Full Version : Kent Charged by SFA

Kojock
02-04-2019, 03:16 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1436772-ryan-kent-charged-by-sfa-for-lashing-out-at-scott-brown/

Rangers winger Ryan Kent has been charged by the SFA for lashing out at Scott Brown during Sunday's Old Firm clash.

The incident was missed by referee Bobby Madden, but Kent has now been handed a notice of complaint.

A hearing will take place on Thursday.

Would be terrible if he scored on Wednesday.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2019, 03:23 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1436772-ryan-kent-charged-by-sfa-for-lashing-out-at-scott-brown/

Rangers winger Ryan Kent has been charged by the SFA for lashing out at Scott Brown during Sunday's Old Firm clash.

The incident was missed by referee Bobby Madden, but Kent has now been handed a notice of complaint.

There’s no way this should have been delayed until Thursday
SFA are incompetent

Iggy Pope
02-04-2019, 03:23 PM

:greengrin

Kojock
02-04-2019, 03:24 PM
SFA are incompetent

Or corrupt ??

where'stheslope
02-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Does this mean he has turned down a 2 match ban, then appealed against it?
Thought this was mandatory, or have they just changed the rules for them, again!!!!

HoboHarry
02-04-2019, 03:26 PM
SFA are incompetent
Don't be too hard on them Billy. Takes the participants two days to get themselves in front of a computer screen for a conference call....

Famous Fiver
02-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Offishul Statement on the way from the the Rangers imperious press guru.

' He was only defending his colleagues who, at the time, were taking a hell of a beating from a big bad bully. '

Billy Whizz
02-04-2019, 03:27 PM
Don't be too hard on them Billy. Takes the participants two days to get themselves in front of a computer screen for a conference call....

Presume Kent can accept the ban, and miss the Hearts game tomorrow, and Motherwell on Sunday?

LancashireHibby
02-04-2019, 03:27 PM
There's no reason at all why it should be so significantly delayed in this day and age. With all the footage available, they could have had his ban sorted by Sunday teatime.

HoboHarry
02-04-2019, 03:29 PM
There may be some confusion in the reporting? I'm assuming the hearing will only take place if they appeal?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47791139

Diclonius
02-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Scores tomorrow and four match ban Thursday with Hearts as Rangers' final game. I'll take that.

Moulin Yarns
02-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Scores tomorrow and four match ban Thursday with Hearts as Rangers' final game. I'll take that.

That deserves to be on the conspiracy theory thread.

cabbageandribs1875
02-04-2019, 03:47 PM
he should be charged by the polis as well as the GFA

Brightside
02-04-2019, 03:51 PM

I dont understand why he isnt being charged tbh. Its a clear assault. If i did that on a pitch on Sunday morning id expect the police to have a chat with me

HoboHarry
02-04-2019, 03:57 PM
I dont understand why he isnt being charged tbh. Its a clear assault. If i did that on a pitch on Sunday morning id expect the police to have a chat with me
I agree - the Birmingham fan who lamped Grealish was jailed and Kent's assault was just as blatant. There aren't many people in the world who I want to punch but it would be nice to have the knowledge that all I would get is a two game ban for doing so....

silverhibee
02-04-2019, 04:03 PM

Scottish police are bottle merchants, said the football authorities will deal with the incident.

Now, had it been a Hibs player then I'm sure the outcome would be the player being charged with assault and the 1st minister condemning the Hibs thug and every media outlet letting the world know how bad a club we are.

JimBHibees
02-04-2019, 04:05 PM

The line by BBC of a shove is countered by all the evidence absolutely petrified of that club.

JimBHibees
02-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Scottish police are bottle merchants, said the football authorities will deal with the incident.

Now, had it been a Hibs player then I'm sure the outcome would be the player being charged with assault and the 1st minister condemning the Hibs thug and every media outlet letting the world know how bad a club we are.

Totally agree about the hibs player thing it would have been what it was an assault none of this shove nonsense. To me a shove is with open hand a punch which it was is clenched fist which every photo I have seen appears to indicate. He will get 2 game ban not what he should get. The first minister wouldnt slag off Hibs her hubby is a Hibby. :greengrin

HoboHarry
02-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Shows the authorities for what they are in my opinion. They shout and bawl about spectators misbehaviour and needing to make examples of those found guilty, but they are currently seen to be hiding when faced with a blatant assault by a player.... Cowards every one of them....

Bostonhibby
02-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Shows the authorities for what they are in my opinion. They shout and bawl about spectators misbehaviour and needing to make examples of those found guilty, but they are currently seen to be hiding when faced with a blatant assault by a player.... Cowards every one of them....

Just waiting on the glib and shameless one to tell Traynor what to say in his statement then they'll go from there.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since452
02-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Stupid Kent that he is

Onceinawhile
02-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Hopefully we get rangers first game after the split when him and morelos are still out.

Keith_M
02-04-2019, 04:35 PM
I thought it had already been establshed that everything was Scott Brown's fault?

SideBurns
02-04-2019, 04:35 PM
Totally agree about the hibs player thing it would have been what it was an assault none of this shove nonsense. To me a shove is with open hand a punch which it was is clenched fist which every photo I have seen appears to indicate. He will get 2 game ban not what he should get. The first minister wouldnt slag off Hibs her hubby is a Hibby. :greengrin

Did the Huns no go radge when the first minister congratulated Hibs on our Scottish Cup win? Sure they just about broke Twitter with their bigoted outrage 😂

ian cruise
02-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Hopefully we get rangers first game after the split when him and morelos are still out.

If they don't appeal would he not be back for the first post split game? Be banned vs Hearts tomorrow and on Saturday.

SMAXXA
02-04-2019, 04:55 PM
What I don’t get is he gets 2 game ban for assault or whatever they deem it as and Darnell Johnson got 3 for an over the top tackle (think it was 3 he got anyway)

JimBHibees
02-04-2019, 04:57 PM
If they don't appeal would he not be back for the first post split game? Be banned vs Hearts tomorrow and on Saturday.

They wont appeal and he will.

ancient hibee
02-04-2019, 04:57 PM

He's only a hibby depending on who he's talking to.

Michael
02-04-2019, 04:59 PM

Hope not. If him and Morelos play we'll be up against 10 men at most.

Tyler Durden
02-04-2019, 05:02 PM
What I don’t get is he gets 2 game ban for assault or whatever they deem it as and Darnell Johnson got 3 for an over the top tackle (think it was 3 he got anyway)

Pretty sure Johnson got 2 games but your point still stands. Punching someone in the face is equal to a mistimed challenge in the eyes of these muppets.

Why we don’t just copy the system used in England I’ll never know. So many inexplicable disciplinary outcomes in Scotland.

Joe6-2
02-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Or corrupt ??

This

Tyler Durden
02-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Although this is a farce I’m glad Hearts will be penalised here. Same as the fiasco of Naismith playing against us after the split last year when he committed a blatant offence on a Sunday.

It’s 2019 - they could be dishing out these bans within a few hours when there is clearly no grounds for appeal. Sunday or no Sunday

Captain Trips
02-04-2019, 05:14 PM
I agree - the Birmingham fan who lamped Grealish was jailed and Kent's assault was just as blatant. There aren't many people in the world who I want to punch but it would be nice to have the knowledge that all I would get is a two game ban for doing so....

Indeed. There is something fundamentally wrong in all this.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2019, 05:23 PM

I'm not quite sure what the difference is to be honest. It was clearly an assault by Kent and he should have been arrested and dealt with in the same way as the Birmingham fan.

There is no doubt in my mind that the conduct of players in matches like this has at least some effect on the conduct of the public post match in towns and centres across the country.

hibby rae
02-04-2019, 05:35 PM
Would it not be the case though, if a member of the public were to make a complaint to Police Scotland, for sar breach of the peace as I don't know if you can accuse assault as a third party, they would have to investigate?

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Shove?

:faf:

where'stheslope
03-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Back page of The Sun says Rangers will fight the ban????
Hope this at least doubles his ban!!!!

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 10:33 AM
Back page of The Sun says Rangers will fight the ban????
Hope this at least doubles his ban!!!!

They'll ask for the fact that Kent was provoked to be taken into account.

If they win, it will imply that Scott Brown did something wrong so I'd expect Celtic to react.

The truth is that every time a player deliberately punches or elbows an opponent, they've been provoked in one way or another.

I despise Gerard and the Rangers.

Gordy M
03-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Totally disagree with him being arrrsted, what if someone is kicked off the ball? That an arrest as well? Pushed during handbags in the middle of the park.....still an assault technically, should they be arrested too? There would be about half a dozen arrests every game??

Mick O'Rourke
03-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Indeed and it would not be a "first"

Older fans will remember the game in the late 80s, that resulted in 4 players being charged with breach of the peace.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13077491.from-the-archive-the-old-firm-shame-game-of-1987/

Two players, one being Terry Butcher, found guilty and fined.

The tension and potential for outbreaks of fighting after the game is only made worse if the game itself has had this violent behaviour.

The Glasgow police said as much back then.

Don't know why Police Scotland have not even considered taking action.

Rumble de Thump
03-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Totally disagree with him being arrrsted, what if someone is kicked off the ball? That an arrest as well? Pushed during handbags in the middle of the park.....still an assault technically, should they be arrested too? There would be about half a dozen arrests every game??

If it's a deliberate physical assault, such as booting someone in the baws from behind, then they should be arrested.

SideBurns
03-04-2019, 11:36 AM

If they win, it will imply that Scott Brown did something wrong so I'd expect Celtic to react.

The truth is that every time a player deliberately punches or elbows an opponent, they've been provoked in one way or another.

Aye, kids are taught at youth football level not to react to provocation. Of course, human nature dictates that occasionally a player will react but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be punished.

It would be a ridiculous attempt at a defence. But then they're a ridiculous club.

Gordy M
03-04-2019, 11:39 AM
If it's a deliberate physical assault, such as booting someone in the baws from behind, then they should be arrested.

Pushing someone is a deliberate physical assault. Minor but still an assault. Are you going to arrest every push, of the ball, say when 2 players square up?

Rumble de Thump
03-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Pushing someone is a deliberate physical assault. Minor but still an assault. Are you going to arrest every push, of the ball, say when 2 players square up?

No, I'm not a police officer.

I'm Spartacus
03-04-2019, 11:52 AM
The Hibs fan confronting Tavernier, or, Kent punching Brown.

Which of the above merits 30 days in the jail?

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 12:15 PM
No, I'm not a police officer.

:faf:

I'm Spartacus
03-04-2019, 12:17 PM

JimBHibees
03-04-2019, 12:18 PM

Looked more like a punch.

HoboHarry
03-04-2019, 12:25 PM

Signing for Rangers should get a guy 30 days in jail for being guilty of gross stupidity......

KeithTheHibby
03-04-2019, 12:33 PM
We want Hearts to lose. Kent is one of their best players.
If this was us I would expect us to use the loophole in the system regardless of what had happened.
We all know he is guilty, there is no doubt about that. The hun are working their ticket and quite rightly so.

where'stheslope
03-04-2019, 04:11 PM
We want Hearts to lose. Kent is one of their best players.
If this was us I would expect us to use the loophole in the system regardless of what had happened.
We all know he is guilty, there is no doubt about that. The hun are working their ticket and quite rightly so.
I take what you say and agree, but Hertz player Uche's booking on Saturday has been rescinded?
Hows it taking as long for Kent's red card to be seen????
Surely the same panel could have overseen the Sunday incident????

Billy Whizz
03-04-2019, 04:12 PM
So I’m presuming Kent will play for Rangers tonight?

we are hibs
03-04-2019, 04:17 PM

They would surely need to prove Brown had goaded him? From the footage I've seen all you see is kent walking up to him and doing him.

where'stheslope
03-04-2019, 04:21 PM
They would surely need to prove Brown had goaded him? From the footage I've seen all you see is kent walking up to him and doing him.
Brown had the match ball behind his back when it kicked off between the two of them on the half way line, Brown threw it away, and Kent decked him!!!!

Billy Whizz
03-04-2019, 04:21 PM
I take what you say and agree, but Hertz player Uche's booking on Saturday has been rescinded?
Hows it taking as long for Kent's red card to be seen????
Surely the same panel could have overseen the Sunday incident????

They did and offered him a 2 game ban, but Rangers have decided to appeal it

lyonhibs
03-04-2019, 04:34 PM
They did and offered him a 2 game ban, but Rangers have decided to appeal it

If (surely when...) that appeal gets pied, isn't there a chance that the ban will get extended to punish Rangers for being time wasting chancers?

If so, who'd like to volunteer to post links to the relevant thread on Rangers Media where the Teddy Bears will microanalyse that particular decision?

"An absolute hoot" doesn't come close to what that read might be... :greengrin

HoboHarry
03-04-2019, 05:08 PM
If (surely when...) that appeal gets pied, isn't there a chance that the ban will get extended to punish Rangers for being time wasting chancers?

If so, who'd like to volunteer to post links to the relevant thread on Rangers Media where the Teddy Bears will microanalyse that particular decision?

"An absolute hoot" doesn't come close to what that read might be... :greengrin
Does the club not lose the deposit they have to put up if the appeal is lost?

easty
03-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Brown had the match ball behind his back when it kicked off between the two of them on the half way line, Brown threw it away, and Kent decked him!!!!

He barely threw it away to be fair. After Kent put Brown on his arse, he only had to take about 3 steps to get the ball.

Jim44
03-04-2019, 05:28 PM

Yes but it’s peanuts for them and worth a go, whether there’s any chance of success or not. They should set up a sub-panel to look at the quality of appeals and to impose heavy fines for obviously frivolous appeals.

Oscar T Grouch
03-04-2019, 05:41 PM

Not in this case. They never appealed they just didn’t accept th charge. That means it goes to a panel. It does mean that if he’s found to be guilty by the panel then the 2 games will be upped.

Mantis Toboggan
03-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Not in this case. They never appealed they just didn’t accept th charge. That means it goes to a panel. It does mean that if he’s found to be guilty by the panel then the 2 games will be upped.

In that case they would surely have been better just taking the ban as theres no way the panel will find in their favour, and he might now miss their last game against Celtic ?

lapsedhibee
04-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Or players would behave better.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Did he appeal it in the end?

Edit: I just noticed that the Rangers didn't reply to the offer of a 2 match ban so he'll have to go to a hearing today.

PatHead
04-04-2019, 08:56 AM
In that case they would surely have been better just taking the ban as theres no way the panel will find in their favour, and he might now miss their last game against Celtic ?

Think they were trying to ensure Celtic would not win the league this weekend.

Moulin Yarns
04-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Did he appeal it in the end?

Edit: I just noticed that the Rangers didn't reply to the offer of a 2 match ban so he'll have to go to a hearing today.

Only in Scottish Football.

Surely failure to respond means acceptance of the punishment, in which case they fielded a banned player last night.

silverhibee
04-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Gerrard given 1 game ban for comments to the ref after the game and Scott Brown charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Gerrard has lost the plot by the way, just seen his interview from this morning, Kent was goaded and it wasn't a violent act, what a f***ing clown he is.

green day
04-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Gerrard given 1 game ban for comments to the ref after the game and Scott Brown charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Gerrard has lost the plot by the way, just seen his interview from this morning, Kent was goaded and it wasn't a violent act, what a f***ing clown he is.

Hilarious !

For the crime of "winding up the opposition fans", presumably.

****ing joke.

Broken Gnome
04-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Hilarious !

****ing joke.

Whataboutery's half the problem with clubs and fans in Scotland, but it's sometimes all you can do..

Morelos, Rangers' goal at Easter Road, East Stand, a full minute of winding up.

silverhibee
04-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Hilarious !

****ing joke.

The charge will obviously be "goading" the Huns will insist on it.

Celtc will have field day with this and rip the pish out the compliance officer regards this, what a joke.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2019, 11:06 AM
The charge will obviously be "goading" the Huns will insist on it.

Celtc will have field day with this and rip the pish out the compliance officer regards this, what a joke.Worst example of goading I've ever seen and got off Scot freehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190404/ea93220cf497fe737759a659ba2f9dc4.jpg

Billy Whizz
04-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Appeal upheld by SFA, so he gets a 2 game ban

green day
04-04-2019, 04:28 PM

Dont they get another game ban as well for being cheeky ****ers and not accepting it?

If not, whats the point - everyone might as well just decide what matches they fancy missing?????

Bostonhibby
04-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Appeal upheld by SFA, so he gets a 2 game banIn a final two fingers to the commonsense majority the good old Beeb are still calling it a shove.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Dont they get another game ban as well for being cheeky ****ers and not accepting it?

If not, whats the point - everyone might as well just decide what matches they fancy missing?????

I think you have to pay to have an appeal, so they will have lost this sum
I get your point, that appeals should be held before the next match they play
Think Naismith did this last year, so he could play against Hibs. Think he also scored the winner, maybe someone could confirm this

Diclonius
04-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Worst example of goading I've ever seen and got off Scot freehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190404/ea93220cf497fe737759a659ba2f9dc4.jpg

I'm not sure why, but that image makes me really happy for some reason. Does anyone know what's going on? :dunno:

Bostonhibby
04-04-2019, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure why, but that image makes me really happy for some reason. Does anyone know what's going on? :dunno:Calamity Halliday won sevco their first Scottish cup and they're heading for the joint police Glasgow/ SFA party at Ibrox?

Billy Whizz
04-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Gerrard accepts his one game ban

HoboHarry
04-04-2019, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure why, but that image makes me really happy for some reason. Does anyone know what's going on? :dunno:
In fairness to him it was the high point of his career. He was about to experience Gray skies followed by be being provided with a taxi to Azerbaijan, before being allowed to return and being made to look a tit by ex-Hibby Scott Brown.....

JimBHibees
04-04-2019, 04:49 PM

He should definitely have got it extended.

Joe6-2
04-04-2019, 07:24 PM
He should definitely have got it extended.

Why is it always one rule for those Kent’s, and another for the rest?

ancient hibee
04-04-2019, 07:26 PM
Don’t think there was an appeal.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2019, 07:34 PM
Don’t think there was an appeal.

Thought he was offered a 2 game ban with immediate effect, so they must have have appealed it pre match yesterday

ancient hibee
04-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Thought he was offered a 2 game ban with immediate effect, so they must have have appealed it pre match yesterday
You would think that but I read that they did not respond to the charge which did not include a”with immediate effect”.

Jim44
04-04-2019, 09:11 PM
The report on the Kent 2 match ban was followed by the news that both Celtic and Sevco were likely to be investigated after a ‘mass confrontation’ :greengrin Somehow I don’t think the Huns will be happy with the wording of the charge. :faf:

Salisbury Hibby
04-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Appeal upheld by SFA, so he gets a 2 game banIf there was an appeal and it was upheld, that would be in Rangers favour.

I understand a hearing was held and it definitely didn't go in Rangers favour.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
04-04-2019, 10:04 PM
You would think that but I read that they did not respond to the charge which did not include a”with immediate effect”.

BBC radio said the same tonight - they didn’t appeal, they just didn’t respond until after last night’s match (which is within the deadlines set).

Sir David Gray
04-04-2019, 10:05 PM

If the appeal was upheld then the ban would have been overturned. Has he not got a 2 match ban? :confused: