PDA

View Full Version : Really good interview with Hecky in the EEN

Northernhibee
02-04-2019, 09:21 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-i-learned-a-lot-at-leeds-and-i-wouldn-t-change-anything-1-4899610/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Hibernian Verse
02-04-2019, 09:48 AM
He speaks very well. Certainly has me on side.

2 big games Hecky!!

Lewiehas2
02-04-2019, 12:46 PM
4 points this week and a fight for top 4 will be an incredible start. Can't wait to see what he does in the summer and beyond, but even before then we have an exciting end to the season thanks to this man :top marks

The 90+2
02-04-2019, 12:54 PM
He’s the real deal and he’s got the players believing it too.

Since452
02-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Can't help but be impressed by Heckingbottom

CockneyRebel
02-04-2019, 01:07 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-i-learned-a-lot-at-leeds-and-i-wouldn-t-change-anything-1-4899610/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Link not working

HibeeHibernian4
02-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Shades of Stubbs for me. Humble but at the same time confident in his abilities. Respected by players without needing to read them the riot act. Let's hope he ends this season on a high, but whatever happens I've been impressed and am confident for next season under him.

HibeeHibernian4
02-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Link not working

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-paul-heckingbottom-i-learned-a-lot-at-leeds-and-i-wouldn-t-change-anything-1-4899610

Stevie Reid
02-04-2019, 02:23 PM
Been a superb start. Has one less win from seven games than Butcher managed from 29.

HibeeHibernian4
02-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Been a superb start. Has one less win from seven games than Butcher managed from 29.

And only two fewer league wins than Lennon achieved in 22 this season.

heretoday
02-04-2019, 02:37 PM
I cannot express how good it is for Hibs to be out of the Neil Lennon Show. Don't get me wrong - I supported him while he was manager - but the publicity he brought to us had little to do with the play on the park.
Heck comes across as a straight shooter who focusses on the game and that's a breath of fresh air.

Power
02-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Meticulous and very astute.

Looking forward to seeing how he tackles the next 7 games.

heidtheba
02-04-2019, 04:10 PM
I cannot express how good it is for Hibs to be out of the Neil Lennon Show. Don't get me wrong - I supported him while he was manager - but the publicity he brought to us had little to do with the play on the park.
Heck comes across as a straight shooter who focusses on the game and that's a breath of fresh air.

Totally agree. Now, I know some of the press was due to sectarianism and I'll always defend the right to make this a more public issue, but Heck has just gotten on with the job and all the stories about the team are football ones.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Results have been fine since he arrived.

The next 7 games will be a proper test of his abilities as a coach (assuming we finish in the top 6).

I'm hoping he's the real deal, but it'll be a while before I allow myself to be certain.

I thought Neil Lennon was the business only a few months ago ...

worcesterhibby
02-04-2019, 04:45 PM

The next 7 games will be a proper test of his abilities as a coach (assuming we finish in the top 6).

I'm hoping he's the real deal, but it'll be a while before I allow myself to be certain.

I thought Neil Lennon was the business a few months ago ...

The thing is with Hibs budget we should finish on average in about 5th place each year. We have the fourth biggest budget, but someone always over performs (like Killi have done for the last two years). If he is with us for the next three seasons and we average 5th place then he is a good coach achieving what he should from our budget. If we do better than that in any given season then we are overachieving. Worse and we are under achieving.

JimBHibees
03-04-2019, 06:27 AM

I thought Neil Lennon was the business only a few months ago ...

I think they have been better than fine, 16 out of 18 is brilliant. Agree remaining games will be tough however the real test will be when he has had a pre-season and brought his own players in. Certainly very promising given the current injury list we have.

NC1875
03-04-2019, 06:55 AM
Was told yesterday by someone who knows one of the younger players that the coaching is night and day compared with lennons. In a good way.

GoalsMcGinley
03-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Said it on a previous thread. One of the younger lads who is in and around the 1st team said he learnt more in a few weeks with hecky than he did in a year with Lennon. Lennon would stop the small games and just bark at the players whereas hecky stops it and coaches them in what they should and shouldn’t be doing in certain situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean1875
03-04-2019, 07:29 AM
Said it on a previous thread. One of the younger lads who is in and around the 1st team said he learnt more in a few weeks with hecky than he did in a year with Lennon. Lennon would stop the small games and just bark at the players whereas hecky stops it and coaches them in what they should and shouldn’t be doing in certain situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really positive to hear and you can just see and hear the enthusiasm that's coming out of every player whenever they get asked about Hecky in interviews - let the Hecky train keep on rolling :partyhibb

Since452
03-04-2019, 08:50 AM
And only two fewer league wins than Lennon achieved in 22 this season.

Shhhhh don't sully his name on here :wink:

Hibbyradge
03-04-2019, 01:35 PM
I think they have been better than fine, 16 out of 18 is brilliant. Agree remaining games will be tough however the real test will be when he has had a pre-season and brought his own players in. Certainly very promising given the current injury list we have.

That's all true. I concur.