PDA

View Full Version : Linlithgow Rose v Jeanfield Swifts

GaryOsCheerios
02-04-2019, 07:52 AM
I wrote a wee piece on the game on Saturday night which includes a part about Hibs ticket prices. Have a read and see what you think:thumbsup:

If anything, a quick read is a good distraction from doing any work.:wink:

As always, any feedback is welcome!

https://thefootballblether.com/2019/04/01/linlithgow-rose-v-jeanfield-swifts/#more-442

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2019, 08:07 AM
Excellent read

Many thanks for posting

The names conjured up memories of the famous Glenbuck Cherrypickers :greengrin

You should consider doing our match reports once Jonnyboy hangs up his quill. :greengrin

Turkish Green
02-04-2019, 04:47 PM
As someone who also originates from WL, can I just add...

COM'ON THE BROX

Good read

linlithgowhibbie
02-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Only one innacuracy that I saw in this good article. There is no organised Hearts bus anymore, it stopped running years ago. This is surprising as there are loads of Jambos in town.

Rocky
02-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Good read, thanks. One other wee technicality to pick up on, Rose aren't a junior team any more.

monktonharp
02-04-2019, 11:55 PM
I think, the Rose are one of the better organised clubs in the region and that could be a bit biased as my Cousin (2nd cousin) was manager at times and I used to watch for there results. James (Jimmy ) Crease is related and I always wanted them to do well apart from that terrible maroon colour they wear (which suits James) . he also runs a bar in the toon, the Black Bitch and I am sure you may see him at the odd game. good read though.:cb

surreyhibbie
03-04-2019, 08:33 AM
always look out for the results as my uncle (a Jambo, sadly) played for them when they won the Scottish Cup many moons ago.

In Pat Stanton's book, the quiet man, there is a picture of him with my uncle and the rest of the Rose team when God was farmed out in his younger days.

good to see them progressing.

Purple & Green
03-04-2019, 09:02 AM
always look out for the results as my uncle (a Jambo, sadly) played for them when they won the Scottish Cup many moons ago.

In Pat Stanton's book, the quiet man, there is a picture of him with my uncle and the rest of the Rose team when God was farmed out in his younger days.

good to see them progressing.

Pat Stanton played for Bonnyrigg, no?

GaryOsCheerios
03-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Excellent read

Many thanks for posting

The names conjured up memories of the famous Glenbuck Cherrypickers :greengrin

You should consider doing our match reports once Jonnyboy hangs up his quill. :greengrin

Thank you! That's very kind, but I don't think Jonnyboy will ever stop!:greengrin

GaryOsCheerios
03-04-2019, 11:02 AM
I think, the Rose are one of the better organised clubs in the region and that could be a bit biased as my Cousin (2nd cousin) was manager at times and I used to watch for there results. James (Jimmy ) Crease is related and I always wanted them to do well apart from that terrible maroon colour they wear (which suits James) . he also runs a bar in the toon, the Black Bitch and I am sure you may see him at the odd game. good read though.:cb

I know him well!

GaryOsCheerios
03-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Good read, thanks. One other wee technicality to pick up on, Rose aren't a junior team any more.

How would they classify themselves now then? Lower league? Non league?

Thanks for pointing that out.:aok:

Rocky
03-04-2019, 11:15 AM
How would they classify themselves now then? Lower league? Non league?

Thanks for pointing that out.:aok:

I'm not really sure to be honest, I think for the purposes of your article non-league is probably the best description, although I think East of Scotland conference teams may also be classed as Seniors. I guess all the leagues in the pyramid but not part of SPFL (Highland / Lowland / South of Scotland / East of Scotland etc) could collectively be called non-League? Juniors is still quite big in the West but it's been decimated in the East due to most of the top teams resigning to join EoSFL as part of the pyramid.

surreyhibbie
03-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Pat Stanton played for Bonnyrigg, no?

yes, it was common to send players out to Junior teams to toughen them up/get experience, my uncle played with him...

Famous Fiver
03-04-2019, 03:44 PM
So did Sean Connery.