PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at "Old" Firm game

PatHead
31-03-2019, 02:56 PM
Apart from a player running into the crowd, another elbowing an opponent in the face, another one punching Scott Brown and a stramash after the game which resulted in a sending off. A steward got injured when fans went over the wall celebrating the goal.

The BBC think the SFA will " need to have a wee look at the steward incident" . No criticism of the player behaviour or calling the supporter's behaviour or the player or club's responsibilities or the sectarian singing.

If Hibs had been involved you can bet it would be different.

silverhibee
31-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Apart from a player running into the crowd, another elbowing an opponent in the face, another one punching Scott Brown and a stramash after the game which resulted in a sending off. A steward got injured when fans went over the wall celebrating the goal.

The BBC think the SFA will " need to have a wee look at the steward incident" . No criticism of the player behaviour or calling the supporter's behaviour or the player or club's responsibilities or the sectarian singing.

Celtc fans were just being jubilant, the female steward is just a casualty in the Green Brigades troubles.

Scottish Police arrested 6 individuals in the east end of Glasgow today.

Lago
31-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Looks like Scott Brown yet again involved. The guy has turned into a thug.

The_Horde
31-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Celtic fans entered the pitch after the first goal. No reports.

Rangers fans were clearly stopped from going on after full time as well, then started fighting with each other.

Absolutely no sectarian chants at all.. none..

A Hi-Bee
31-03-2019, 03:16 PM
Along with the bbc now saying that a clear left hook can be a shove to the ground. Amazing was never aware that you could do that with a cleanched fist. A new way to report on a boxing match should follow.
Scott Brown is an even better panto villian than Lennon was, I love it.
Let them knock ten bells out of each other and call it fitba, by the way I am pretty sure that in on of the t.v. angles the ref can clearly be seen looking at brown getting a left shove in the face and continuing his diagonal run to restart the game.

PatHead
31-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Along with the bbc now saying that a clear left hook can be a shove to the ground. Amazing was never aware that you could do that with a cleanched fist. A new way to report on a boxing match should follow.
Scott Brown is an even better panto villian than Lennon was, I love it.
Let them knock ten bells out of each other and call it fitba, by the way I am pretty sure that in on of the t.v. angles the ref can clearly be seen looking at brown getting a left shove in the face and continuing his diagonal run to restart the game.

Said the same at the time. Selective blindness.

Diclonius
31-03-2019, 03:26 PM
I'm sure the BBC, papers and chairmen of both clubs will be advocating stadium closures, fines etc etc etc and moaning and wailing about something "HAVING TO BE DONE".

Oh, I'm sorry. That's what'll happen after the Edinburgh derby next week. Today? Nah it's a wee minority mate. Move along, nothing to see here.

Blaster
31-03-2019, 03:30 PM
I'm sure the BBC, papers and chairmen of both clubs will be advocating stadium closures, fines etc etc etc and moaning and wailing about something "HAVING TO BE DONE".

Oh, I'm sorry. That's what'll happen after the Edinburgh derby next week. Today? Nah it's a wee minority mate. Move along, nothing to see here.

Just what we need. Another pop at our club

What our club did was correct. We can’t control what other clubs do or say. Have a go at them for NOT doing it rather than our club for doing what’s right

Moulin Yarns
31-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Off the field as well as on it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47767055

Mantis Toboggan
31-03-2019, 03:51 PM

Scott Brown got hit by 2 different rangers players and hes the thug? How does that work?

PatHead
31-03-2019, 03:55 PM

What our club did was correct. We can’t control what other clubs do or say. Have a go at them for NOT doing it rather than our club for doing what’s right

No one is having a go at our club. As far as I can see everyone agrees that the media will show double standards.

tamig
31-03-2019, 03:58 PM

Thats exactly what the guy was doing with his post.

muzzhfc
31-03-2019, 04:02 PM

If it was one of our players, we’d be lauding him, calling him a hibee through and through etc. He’s winding the opposition up, Moleros is the thug, he has more cards than most teams in the league.

Diclonius
31-03-2019, 04:03 PM

You misread my post. I'm saying that zero attention will be paid to the crowd trouble at the game today, whilst if exactly the same thing happens at our game next week they'll be all over it.

HoboHarry
31-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Footballers have always been guilty of winding up the opposition. Scott brown has been doing it for years, we know this and so do the Sevco management team. Despite that knowledge, three of their players couldn't maintain their discipline for 90 minutes and as a result, two will now be banned and possibly a third because of it. I hope that the Sevco management team, like you, also think that Brown is to blame - if they do they are part of the problem at that horrible club and not part of a potential solution.

Keith_M
31-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Footballers have always been guilty of winding up the opposition. Scott brown has been doing it for years, we know this and so do the Sevco management team. Despite that knowledge, three of their players couldn't maintain their discipline for 90 minutes and as a result, two will now be banned and possibly a third because of it. I hope that the Sevco management team, like you, also think that Brown is to blame - if they do they are part of the problem at that horrible club and not part of a potential solution.

Gerrard has already blamed Brown.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Check out @DFImpressionist’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DFImpressionist/status/1112338494209298432?s=09

HoboHarry
31-03-2019, 04:12 PM

Hadn't seen that but that's perfect. 😂

Here’s Lucy!
31-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Is Scotty the ultimate thug in Scotland now?

green day
31-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Is Scotty the ultimate thug in Scotland now?

Why? Because he allowed himself to be punched?

Winding up opponents has gone on since football was invented.

B.H.F.C
31-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Why? Because he allowed himself to be punched?

Winding up opponents has gone on since football was invented.

Winding up opponents is fine but he’s a clown these days. Gets away with murder. Should have been sent of twice against us this season for shocking challenges that could really have done some damage.

Here’s Lucy!
31-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Winding up opponents is fine but he’s a clown these days. Gets away with murder. Should have been sent of twice against us this season for shocking challenges that could really have done some damage.

Correct.

He's a danger to opponents now that he's lost some pace.

delbert
31-03-2019, 04:31 PM

Statement o’clock !!

Blaster
31-03-2019, 04:36 PM
You misread my post. I'm saying that zero attention will be paid to the crowd trouble at the game today, whilst if exactly the same thing happens at our game next week they'll be all over it.

My apologies mate, I misinterpreted it. In which case I agree 👍

Keith_M
31-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Scottish Police arrested 6 individuals in the east end of Glasgow today.

I'm sure you've been in some trouble in the East End of Glasgow yourself

:wink:

Johnny Clash
31-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Brown raises his arms to celebrate at end then looks towards the rangers corner. That’s the excuse for the Paris buns to go balistic and try invade the pitch. Then Halliday tries to be the defender of their lost honour and runs over to have a go at Broony which sparks off a right melee amongst the players.
At Easter toad they were happy celebrated their goal in front of the East but they can’t take a wind up without trying to riot. Sound pathetically familure for that horrible team of sore losers.

Diclonius
31-03-2019, 04:50 PM
My apologies mate, I misinterpreted it. In which case I agree 👍

No worries! :aok:

delbert
31-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Brown raises his arms to celebrate at end then looks towards the rangers corner. That’s the excuse for the Paris buns to go balistic and try invade the pitch. Then Halliday tries to be the defender of their lost honour and runs over to have a go at Broony which sparks off a right melee amongst the players.
At Easter toad they were happy celebrated their goal in front of the East but they can’t take a wind up without trying to riot. Sound pathetically familure for that horrible team of sore losers.

Especially when they apparently don’t care that no-one likes them !!

timewilltell
31-03-2019, 04:56 PM

Why would it it have been different if Hibs had been involved?

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Especially when they apparently don’t care that no-one likes them !!

true song :agree:

Johnny Clash
31-03-2019, 05:32 PM

PatHead
31-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Why would it it have been different if Hibs had been involved?

Firstly I am not condoning what happened in the Tavenier incident. However, no one was knocked to the ground or injured. Hibs were slaughtered by the BBC.

Today a steward, who like Tavenier was only going about their job, was pushed to the ground. The BBC reaction was totally different.

Crowd mis-behaviour is crowd mis-behaviour and should be highlighted equally.

Lago
31-03-2019, 05:36 PM

Pains me to say it, but he is right.

cabbageandribs1875
31-03-2019, 05:41 PM

yep, scott brown really needs to learn to duck when anyone tries hitting him with an elbow or a left hook :agree:

HibbyAndy
31-03-2019, 06:00 PM

No he's not

Lago
31-03-2019, 06:16 PM
No he's not

Brown gets a free pass in Scotland for some reason, he can't run anymore so resorts to niggling fouls or he totally mistimes a tackle. He'll cripple someone soon.

The above doesn't absolve the punch or elbow that was directed to him today.

HibbyAndy
31-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Brown gets a free pass in Scotland for some reason, he can't run anymore so resorts to niggling fouls or he totally mistimes a tackle. He'll cripple someone soon.

No he doesn't , He was quite rightly booked today

Scott Brown was a master in getting Morelos sent off today , Masterclass even , Morelos is not the full shilling and Scott Brown done everything in his power to make sure he got his man

green day
31-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Firstly I am not condoning what happened in the Tavenier incident. However, no one was knocked to the ground or injured. Hibs were slaughtered by the BBC.

Today a steward, who like Tavenier was only going about their job, was pushed to the ground. The BBC reaction was totally different.

Crowd mis-behaviour is crowd mis-behaviour and should be highlighted equally.

From Tom English BBC Match report

"In the corner of the ground some Celtic fans spilled over the barrier and on to the edge of the pitch. A steward was knocked over in the process and needed treatment. The football authorities will need to take a little look at what happened in those moments"

The Sky commentary team commented on it at the time and at half time.

Famous Fiver
31-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Can't wait for the Traynor inspired statement.

At least six hours since the final whistle and not a peep as far as I can see.

Asleep on the job,Jim?

green day
31-03-2019, 06:27 PM
No he doesn't , He was quite rightly booked today

Scott Brown was a master in getting Morelos sent off today , Masterclass even , Morelos is not the full shilling and Scott Brown done everything in his power to make sure he got his man

It confuses me why people think that "Scott Brown was a thug" or whatever?

He clearly sets out in these matches to be the panto villain, sometimes it doesnt work - today the Huns fell for it hook, line and sinker.

That they were either not prepped for it by Gerard, or got too caught up in the emotion to just laugh it off says a lot more about them than him.

Brown is a player I would hate to play against, but the type of player / captain every successful team needs. I guarantee the Celtic players were giving him high fives post match.

HibbyAndy
31-03-2019, 06:33 PM
It confuses me why people think that "Scott Brown was a thug" or whatever?

He clearly sets out in these matches to be the panto villain, sometimes it doesnt work - today the Huns fell for it hook, line and sinker.

That they were either not prepped for it by Gerard, or got too caught up in the emotion to just laugh it off says a lot more about them than him.

Brown is a player I would hate to play against, but the type of player / captain every successful team needs. I guarantee the Celtic players were giving him high fives post match.

:agree:

Scott Brown strolled it today , Best player on the park by a mile

Does Slippy G even talk to Morelos before these powder keg games ?..Cause time and time ..And time again he lets himself down

I'd take 2 million for him in the summer and be happy as there is not a hope in hell they will get the 9 million banded about

Since452
31-03-2019, 07:13 PM

Scott Brown strolled it today , Best player on the park by a mile

Does Slippy G even talk to Morelos before these powder keg games ?..Cause time and time ..And time again he lets himself down

I'd take 2 million for him in the summer and be happy as there is not a hope in hell they will get the 9 million banded about

He's an excellent player really is and knows what buttons to press. A player that's priceless in a side. Rodgers took him to the next level imo.

SteveHFC
31-03-2019, 07:20 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/three-stabbed-glasgow-city-centre-14215816

Since452
31-03-2019, 07:29 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/three-stabbed-glasgow-city-centre-14215816

Rangers scarf man strikes again?

Golden Bear
31-03-2019, 07:33 PM
Is this the same Scott Brown who viciously assaulted Slivka not so long ago? "Thug" is not far off the mark.

Bostonhibby
31-03-2019, 07:37 PM

Sevconians protecting their players from jubilant Hibbies again? Will their torment never end.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Sylar
31-03-2019, 07:41 PM
I detest Brown as a player, and the reason I detest him is because he's so ****ing good at what he does week in, week out.

He's a master at getting under the skin of volatile opposition players and taking the abuse that comes his way. I don't think he's the same quality player he once was going forward, but as a captain and a talisman of the team, there's no better in Scotland. He reminds me of Roy Keane in that sense - absolutely hard-ass, commanding midfielder that could boss games by doing very little but playing mindgames on those around him.

Sure, some of Brown's tackles are horrendous and he does seem to get a favourable ride at times from the officials but he's the exact type of player every single club in Scotland would love to have.

And I say that as someone that absolutely loathes the club he plays for.

Lago
31-03-2019, 07:47 PM
Is this the same Scott Brown who viciously assaulted Slivka not so long ago? "Thug" is not far off the mark.

Correct, could have seriously injured the boy, but hey ho, panto villain, button pusher, good old Scott. :confused:

Keith_M
31-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Correct, could have seriously injured the boy, but hey ho, panto villain, button pusher, good old Scott. :confused:

I don't get the love-in with Brown, as I hate the wee scrote.

He gets off with far too much in games, and I don't just mean winding up opposition players.

MWHIBBIES
31-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Brown is a ****er and a thug. He tried to break Slivkas leg at Easter Road this season because he was running the show. How any Hibby can like him even a little is totally beyond me. Absolute fud.

Since452
31-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Brown is a ****er and a thug. He tried to break Slivkas leg at Easter Road this season because he was running the show. How any Hibby can like him even a little is totally beyond me. Absolute fud.

And it worked.

Joe6-2
31-03-2019, 08:23 PM

It is the biggest game in the world!

Hibbyradge
31-03-2019, 08:25 PM

He's easy to dislike, but accusing him of trying to break Slivka's leg is extreme.

HoboHarry
31-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Liking him isn't the same as understanding what he is doing and giving him credit for it. He played Sevco players like a fiddle today.....

The Baldmans Comb
31-03-2019, 08:37 PM
I adored Broony as a Hibs player for that 80 yard run v Pre Sevco and ever since he got Bobo Balde sent off by constant niggling, sledging talk and all round brilliant play.

He hasn't changed a bit in 10 years and he looked absolutely magnificent today both on the ball and especially off the ball with his temprement and behaviour.

He knew exactly what he needed to do and what buttons to press in order to get the Sevco players to lose it and it worked to absolute perfection.

SPL title confirmed, Sevco outclassed. Fans ecstatic and job totally done.

Football is a game for men especially title deciders v your main rivals and everyone except the wee snowflakes would love to have a player like that in their team.

31-03-2019, 08:58 PM

Shocking but sadly I'm not surprised. Maybe Gerrard will say that was Scott Brown's fault too.

MWHIBBIES
31-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Liking him isn't the same as understanding what he is doing and giving him credit for it. He played Sevco players like a fiddle today.....

Yeah but he was a bellend before that. He didn't do anything wrong today, which is rare because normally he is going in 2 footed on guys who go past him.

Aldo
31-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Once again Sevco looking for excuses and playing the ‘always the victim’ card again today.

Everyone else’s fault bar their own. They need to take a look closer to home and ensure they control their own players.

A bit like them moaning and subsequently reporting Aberdeen fans for sectarian singing!

Rattles out the Pram once again imho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2019, 09:17 PM

This Brown “can’t run anymore’ pish is up their with the same comments labelling our own Daz,total nonsense.

Moulin Yarns
31-03-2019, 09:20 PM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1436721-police-lock-down-street-amid-reports-of-mass-brawl/

GreenCastle
31-03-2019, 09:35 PM
I adored Broony as a Hibs player for that 80 yard run v Pre Sevco and ever since he got Bobo Balde sent off by constant niggling, sledging talk and all round brilliant play.

He hasn't changed a bit in 10 years and he looked absolutely magnificent today both on the ball and especially off the ball with his temprement and behaviour.

He knew exactly what he needed to do and what buttons to press in order to get the Sevco players to lose it and it worked to absolute perfection.

SPL title confirmed, Sevco outclassed. Fans ecstatic and job totally done.

Football is a game for men especially title deciders v your main rivals and everyone except the wee snowflakes would love to have a player like that in their team.

Game for men..and women and anyone else who wants to play it.

green&left
31-03-2019, 09:52 PM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1436721-police-lock-down-street-amid-reports-of-mass-brawl/

3 Celtic fans stabbed apperently. 1 in a critical condition after being stabbed in the neck.

PatHead
31-03-2019, 09:57 PM
3 Celtic fans stabbed apperently. 1 in a critical condition after being stabbed in the neck.

Not the first time this season Sevco fans have stabbed an opposition fan. Did it at a European game as well.

hibby6270
31-03-2019, 09:58 PM

Speculation on a Scottish Football Facebook page that the critically injured guy has died.
Reason for doubt it’s that serious is that it’s originally been posted by a Jambo wind up merchant who is renowned for posting cr@p but his comments, for once, seem to be genuine. If it is true, what a truly atrocious turn of events that a club supporter going to a game, no matter who that team is, should not return home safely regardless of circumstance.

Brightside
31-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Brown has been Scotland’s best player this year. Dropping the national team has done him a lower of good.

B.H.F.C
31-03-2019, 10:06 PM

I’m not his biggest fan and think he gets away with murder.

But it’s not really difficult to understand why some folk might like him. He was a brilliant player for us and a cup winning legend. We don’t have many of them.

Smartie
31-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Brown has been Scotland’s best player this year. Dropping the national team has done him a lower of good.

One of the biggest problems that the national side has had has been trying to replace a player of Brown's quality.

Bishop Hibee
31-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Brown’s a great player. He was great for Hibs too and still has a soft spot for us. League Cup winning hero.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2019, 10:37 PM
I hope he sees a future for himself in football after he finishes playing.

I'd like him to be Hibs manager because of his desire to win, but obviously I don't know if he's got the skills for that.

Not In The Know
31-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Yep loved him while with us but tbh he couldn’t care less about us. It shows and he’s a thug.

Billychaotic182
31-03-2019, 11:15 PM
A lot of chat on Facebook and Twitter that one of the fans stabbed has passed away. This is a new low for the game.

Tornadoes70
31-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Broony was and remains a Hibs Legend. A cracking player who came through our ranks to establish himself as not only a top player but a top bloke.

Hope he returns to ER in some capacity in the future.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

silverhibee
01-04-2019, 12:17 AM
A lot of chat on Facebook and Twitter that one of the fans stabbed has passed away. This is a new low for the game.

Armed police on the streets of Glasgow tonight.

Think we may be about to see the 1st Glasgow Derby played behind closed doors after today's ugly scenes involving the Rangers & Celtc fans.

yonder1875
01-04-2019, 12:42 AM
People really need to settle down with the ‘thug’ chat. Calm doon ffs, what’s not to enjoy about a few raging huns?

heretoday
01-04-2019, 04:15 AM

Is it though?

Steve20
01-04-2019, 05:38 AM
Broony was and remains a Hibs Legend. A cracking player who came through our ranks to establish himself as not only a top player but a top bloke.

Hope he returns to ER in some capacity in the future.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Calling Brown a Hibs legend just further backs up the claim that the word legend gets chucked about far too easy.

No way is he a legend. Not even close.

Since452
01-04-2019, 05:42 AM
Calling Brown a Hibs legend just further backs up the claim that the word legend gets chucked about far too easy.

He lifted Silverware at Hampden after one of the most complete cup winning performances I've seen. For me he's definitely a Hibs legend.

Chorley Hibee
01-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Is it though?

Nothing new with this shower of ****.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/sep/18/newsstory.sport15

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2019, 06:06 AM
I hope he sees a future for himself in football after he finishes playing.

I'd like him to be Hibs manager because of his desire to win, but obviously I don't know if he's got the skills for that.

You'd be pretty hard pushed to find a manager that doesn't want to win.

PatHead
01-04-2019, 06:19 AM
To be fair, much as it sticks in my throat, the Record and Sun are leading with the trouble at the match. Might take some of the publicity off us.

Jones28
01-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Had the pleasure of witnessing some Celtic fans in full flow yesterday singing a disgusting song about lee rigby yesterday. God I hate them.

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 06:38 AM
Had the pleasure of witnessing some Celtic fans in full flow yesterday singing a disgusting song about lee rigby yesterday. God I hate them.

That game and the backdrop from it has always been a source of shame. It is like both sets of fans try and outdo themselves with even more deviant behaviour.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-04-2019, 06:53 AM

What’s your definition? And in contemporary Hibs history is that attainable?

Hibs Cup winners are not 10 a penny and with cup final appearances and performances against the OF as part of a youthful team. Your “golden generation” wasn’t a team of mediocrity. So if the lynchipin cup winners of the golden generation doesn’t get in then does anyone after have a chance (bar Scottish Cup winners - or cos it was “just one game” are they excluded?)

CentreLine
01-04-2019, 07:07 AM

Played a significant part in the “golden Generation” side. Lifted the League Cup, one of only two national cup trophies. Left the club for a substantial fee at a time suitable to both parties and reputed to have donated his signing on fee towards the building of East Mains.
What’s not to like there

His behaviour on the park in recent times though 🤔

fulshie
01-04-2019, 07:49 AM
I detest Brown as a player, and the reason I detest him is because he's so ****ing good at what he does week in, week out.

He's a master at getting under the skin of volatile opposition players and taking the abuse that comes his way. I don't think he's the same quality player he once was going forward, but as a captain and a talisman of the team, there's no better in Scotland. He reminds me of Roy Keane in that sense - absolutely hard-ass, commanding midfielder that could boss games by doing very little but playing mindgames on those around him.

Sure, some of Brown's tackles are horrendous and he does seem to get a favourable ride at times from the officials but he's the exact type of player every single club in Scotland would love to have.

And I say that as someone that absolutely loathes the club he plays for.Correct! Spot on pal. A player you love if you have him or hate if you don't.

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Played a significant part in the “golden Generation” side. Lifted the League Cup, one of only two national cup trophies. Left the club for a substantial fee at a time suitable to both parties and reputed to have donated his signing on fee towards the building of East Mains.
What’s not to like there

His behaviour on the park in recent times though 🤔

He does have the special aura that having the armband seems to have whether with either of OF teams. Should have walked in last 2 games v Hibs IMO but as usual refs bottle it.

CentreLine
01-04-2019, 08:01 AM
One aspect of yesterday’s events surrounding Scott Brown that puzzles me is this. A whole lot of the deflection around the incredibly poor behaviour of the The Rangers players has been about Scott Brown celebrating in front of “their” fans.
Now correct me if I am wrong but the tiny number of The Rangers fans must have been surrounded on three sides by Celtic fans, including the area above the The Rangers fans. Therefore Brown was celebrating in front of his own fans.
Since when did an away team get to dictate to a home side where and when they celebrate?

On the subject of “deflection” there is no doubt that The Rangers have successfully pushed the narrative on the Scott Brown’s behaviour as we are all talking about him, including myself, instead of the utterly out of control behaviour of the The Rangers players and staff. That particular club is rotten to the core but they are exceptionally good at seizing control of the narrative in the aftermath.

Whataboutery employed to its greatest effect

Sylar
01-04-2019, 08:18 AM
Very much looks like the chap who was stabbed did indeed die.

I work at Strathclyde Uni (just next to Albion Street) and the full thing is cordoned off, with forensic suits walking around it this morning.

A game of bloody football...

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 08:25 AM
Very much looks like the chap who was stabbed did indeed die.

I work at Strathclyde Uni (just next to Albion Street) and the full thing is cordoned off, with forensic suits walking around it this morning.

A game of bloody football...

Totally agree disgusting and the level of hate which has been allowed to fester mainly unhindered by authorities both football and non-football is shocking. Best game in the world though.

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 08:27 AM
One aspect of yesterday’s events surrounding Scott Brown that puzzles me is this. A whole lot of the deflection around the incredibly poor behaviour of the The Rangers players has been about Scott Brown celebrating in front of “their” fans.
Now correct me if I am wrong but the tiny number of The Rangers fans must have been surrounded on three sides by Celtic fans, including the area above the The Rangers fans. Therefore Brown was celebrating in front of his own fans.
Since when did an away team get to dictate to a home side where and when they celebrate?

On the subject of “deflection” there is no doubt that The Rangers have successfully pushed the narrative on the Scott Brown’s behaviour as we are all talking about him, including myself, instead of the utterly out of control behaviour of the The Rangers players and staff. That particular club is rotten to the core but they are exceptionally good at seizing control of the narrative in the aftermath.

Whataboutery employed to its greatest effect

Couldnt agree more given the minute section they have at that ground. In saying that Brown is an erse though.

Carheenlea
01-04-2019, 08:57 AM
People really need to settle down with the ‘thug’ chat. Calm doon ffs, what’s not to enjoy about a few raging huns?

See post below.
Because if the mentality of the average Old Firm fan, the players should have to take more responsibility for their on field behaviour and actions in an Old Firm game than say the Edinburgh derby or most other fixtures in Scotland that aren’t blighted by sectarian hatred and division.

SquashedFrogg
01-04-2019, 08:58 AM

Butcher?

Frazerbob
01-04-2019, 11:06 AM
If the rumours are true, Scottish football (and society in general) really has hit a new low. Out of control players on the pitch & fans in the stands, numerous assaults around the country perpetrated by and on folk who where nowhere near the match itself, fans dressed as the Pope FFS, songs glorifying murderers, terrorists, ancient battles and the death of Lee Rigby, folk who care so much about religion yet probably never set foot in a church except for weddings & funerals and now it looks like a few will have a funeral to attend as some poor sod has lost his life. I love my country but these **** are a complete embarrassment. Time for a TV black out of our ‘showcase’ game. We’re clearly not grown up enough to handle watching this game of football.
#ScotlandsShame
#OFGTF

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 11:08 AM
If the rumours are true, Scottish football (and society in general) really has hit a new low. Out of control players on the pitch & fans in the stands, numerous assaults around the country perpetrated by and on folk who where nowhere near the match itself, fans dressed as the Pope FFS, songs glorifying murderers, terrorists, ancient battles and the death of Lee Rigby, folk who care so much about religion yet probably never set foot in a church except for weddings & funerals and now it looks like a few will have a funeral to attend as some poor sod has lost his life. I love my country but these **** are a complete embarrassment. Time for a TV black out of our ‘showcase’ game. We’re clearly not grown up enough to handle watching this game of football.
#ScotlandsShame
#OFGTF

Couldnt really disagree with any of that.

G B Young
01-04-2019, 11:25 AM
#ScotlandsShame
#OFGTF

Scotland, and indeed the world, would be a better place if this hideous fixture didn't exist. It baffles me that some still laud it as one of the great sporting events.

Sean1875
01-04-2019, 11:32 AM
Praying that the rumours of the fella that was stabbed dieing aren't true. My worry is that knowing the IQ of a good few of the OF fans there may be some sort of retaliation because of this - bunch of morons all over a game of football ffs.

Carheenlea
01-04-2019, 11:34 AM
I’d like to see the next game played behind closed doors and with no live TV or radio, and just have extended highlights on Sunday night Sportscene. Never going to happen unfortunately.

heretoday
01-04-2019, 11:34 AM

I rather fear he is. If Benny Brazil and Joe Tortolano are quoted then Brown is a shoe-in.

Ryan91
01-04-2019, 12:04 PM

Brown is a player that you hate because he's not on your team but know that if he was on your team you'd love him.

He is a wind up merchant and he's good at it, always has been that type of player.

Maybe more of a dirty player these days, but if he played for Hibs we'd all be talking about what a legend he is

LancashireHibby
01-04-2019, 12:05 PM
I thought it was generally an unwritten rule that they stuck to their 'own' areas (a ridiculous notion in itself) where possible? Playing behind closed doors just throws another 60,000 people in to the mix in the pubs etc so not sure whether it's necessarily a good idea.

Bostonhibby
01-04-2019, 12:10 PM
#ScotlandsShame
#OFGTFGood post. To be honest it's what I've thought for years, my countries leaders talk the talk on this subject but they really don't walk the walk. The modern outward and forward looking country will never be that whilst the deadweight of Sevco and celtc followers continue to feed of each other. Crack these two and the rest will take care of itself if the solution is hard enough.

Swedish hibee
01-04-2019, 12:16 PM
#ScotlandsShame
#OFGTF

Well said. But sadly nothing will change.

Frazerbob
01-04-2019, 12:36 PM
I thought it was generally an unwritten rule that they stuck to their 'own' areas (a ridiculous notion in itself) where possible? Playing behind closed doors just throws another 60,000 people in to the mix in the pubs etc so not sure whether it's necessarily a good idea.

That’s why I suggested a TV blackout. It’s the bams who watch in the pub, bevvying from midday that are the biggest problem. By early evening they’re blootered and bartering each other and their wives. We all know it’ll never happen though as every club would be affected financially.

Diclonius
01-04-2019, 12:44 PM
That’s why I suggested a TV blackout. It’s the bams who watch in the pub, bevvying from midday that are the biggest problem. By early evening they’re blootered and bartering each other and their wives. We all know it’ll never happen though as every club would be affected financially.

Yup. No fans at the game, ban it from the TV and radio, no journalists, cameras, photographers in the stadium. Ban the clubs from even provding match updates on Twitter. The only people in the stadium are the players, management, club officials and SFA referee team.

The only information that comes out of the game is the result, scorers and disciplinary info, released after the game. No pictures or videos. The entire matchday experience - gone.

Do that a couple times and they'll start behaving themselves.

Rumble de Thump
01-04-2019, 01:19 PM
The The Rangers fans and everyone associated with that club just can't handle getting beat because it disrupts the illusion that the club didn't die and is supposedly back to dominating world football.

As we've seen time and time again, when they get beat they resort to violence. Once they've resorted to violence they push a narrative that they are somehow the poor wee victims. The football authorities and the media have to shoulder their fair share of the blame for helping them to push such a narrative, but these are two groups you will never hear accepting any sort of responsibility for this. Had anyone ever heard the words 'goading' or 'jostling' being used in any way in relation to football until people were trying to defend The Rangers fans' pitch invasion to assault Hibs fans at the cup final?

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 01:27 PM
The The Rangers fans and everyone associated with that club just can't handle getting beat because it disrupts the illusion that the club didn't die and is supposedly back to dominating world football.

As we've seen time and time again, when they get beat they resort to violence. Once they've resorted to violence they push a narrative that they are somehow the poor wee victims. The football authorities and the media have to shoulder their fair share of the blame for helping them to push such a narrative, but these are two groups you will never hear accepting any sort of responsibility for this. Had anyone ever heard the words 'goading' or 'jostling' being used in any way in relation to football until people were trying to defend The Rangers fans' pitch invasion to assault Hibs fans at the cup final?

Very good point.

Sylar
01-04-2019, 02:18 PM
I noticed earlier the BBC article still had the guy listed as "critical". Even an hour ago when I was walking by Albion Street, it remains closed off and forensic suits were still pouring over the area. Perhaps being thorough just incase he DOES die and it becomes a murder investigation (which would make sense since PS have said they're treating it as attempted murder currently).

G B Young
01-04-2019, 03:30 PM

Sky also market the game as a 'must watch' extravaganza and would never pull it from their schedules. If, instead, they took a stand and said 'We are no longer broadcasting this fixture due to the fact we feel it exceeds the boundaries of what constitutes sporting entertainment and primarily provides a vehicle for bigotry and violence' it might help to persuade right-minded folk to weigh up whether we really need this 'game' in our lives.

G B Young
01-04-2019, 03:39 PM
Yup. No fans at the game, ban it from the TV and radio, no journalists, cameras, photographers in the stadium. Ban the clubs from even provding match updates on Twitter. The only people in the stadium are the players, management, club officials and SFA referee team.

The only information that comes out of the game is the result, scorers and disciplinary info, released after the game. No pictures or videos. The entire matchday experience - gone.

Do that a couple times and they'll start behaving themselves.

I'd suggest removing the fixture from season ticket books and giving each club a 50/50 split of tickets, but with seats sold on the basis that fans of each club sit side by side (ie Celtic fan, Rangers fan, Celtic fan Rangers fan etc). Might spark fighting all round the stadium but it might also make some of them behave a bit more like human beings when they're not insulated by baying hordes of their own fans.

Antifa Hibs
01-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Sky also market the game as a 'must watch' extravaganza and would never pull it from their schedules. If, instead, they took a stand and said 'We are no longer broadcasting this fixture due to the fact we feel it exceeds the boundaries of what constitutes sporting entertainment and primarily provides a vehicle for bigotry and violence' it might help to persuade right-minded folk to weigh up whether we really need this 'game' in our lives.

Why would they do that? West of Scotland's problem is for the Scottish government, police and the courts to resolve. Not for Sky or BT. Similarly its nonsense to suggest a closed doors game because some eejit decided to stab someone a mile away from the game 3 hrs after full-time. The type of idiot that takes a blade with him to watch a game of football is the type of idiot who will carry a blade to a nightclub or a pals BBQ unfortunately, closed door game isn't going to fix that.

I noticed a para's flag in the Huns end yesterday just below a Kazakhstan flag which was being flown next to a Scottish saltire. They are a strange breed the huns.

Can see them banning away fans next season. They don't need them and make no difference to the team, game or spectacle as you can't hear or see them, plus must be a hassle for the polis to get them in. Rangers had to be in for 11am yesterday.

Sylar

For Sky to do that, would substantially alter the financial package the rest of the league would be in receipt of.

If Sky lose the OF, they'll stop putting anywhere near the same amount of money (paltry as it is) into Scottish Football because like it or loathe it (and most normal, decent minded Scottish folk loathe it), it's the biggest selling product from our league. The non-Scottish viewing audience probably have little clue of the troubles associated with the fixture in a very real sense or find it amusing that some backward minded twats on both sides of the divide sing songs from yesteryear at each other and the odd fight breaks out between players. While they can watch the furore of this fixture and be totally unaffected by the impacts in West Central Scotland after the final whistle has gone, those of us that live here can't. But since we're not Sky's main market for this fixture (unless you're a fan of either side), our opinions matter not a jot.

It's not up to the broadcasters. Our governing body, police and government (especially since this was a "non-stadium incident", and the governing body can technically wipe their hands of it) need to do something, and they need to do it now. But alas, they won't, because Scottish Football and our key Scottish institutions are too caught up in their own self-interests.

Antifa Hibs
I'd suggest removing the fixture from season ticket books and giving each club a 50/50 split of tickets, but with seats sold on the basis that fans of each club sit side by side (ie Celtic fan, Rangers fan, Celtic fan Rangers fan etc). Might spark fighting all round the stadium but it might also make some of them behave a bit more like human beings when they're not insulated by baying hordes of their own fans.

:faf:

WhileTheChief..
01-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Celtic Park was built where it is deliberately because it was a loyalist part of the city.

I stay in Dennistoun which is a mile away. Plenty flute bands and marches in the summer and a stones through from the Louden and Bristol bars which are total loyalist hangouts.

It’s way more Rangers territory than Ibrox is!

silverhibee
01-04-2019, 03:54 PM
#ScotlandsShame
#OFGTF

And yet only 6 arrests and they were made outside the ground for resisting arrest drunk and disorderly and sectarian singing, no arrests inside the ground, yet there was a pitch invasion where a female steward was injured, sectarian singing from both sets of fans, fighting with The Rangers fans at end of game, the biggest gang in Scotland who were adamant they would hammer and clamp down on disorder before during and after the game have once again taken a back seat when it comes to these 2 clubs.

Still no comment from either club regards the behaviour of the fans, if section 43 at ER was being considered to get shut down due to incidents from that end then WTF are folk not banging the drum about the behaviour of the green brigade, it has been going on for a while now in that section, sectarian singing is the norm, along with flares and smoke bombs but not a peep from the club regards it, Where is the outrage from Mr Lennon on this subject, or did he only use Hibs as a platform to have a go at authorities and make a big deal about things but now he's back at Celtc he doesn't want to say anything and upset the locals.

I wonder after what we seen and read about what took place yesterday if other clubs might now think about not taking tickets for games at Ibrox and Parkhead due to it not being a safe place to go, pretty sure Celtc will refuse any tickets for game at Ibrox.

And to think that Scottish police were peddling nonsense that the biggest threat to harm for fans was the use of flares at football games, this mob need to get there act together and start enforcing the law and not see it as a bit overtime and do your best not to detain anyone as that is a hassle, would be great to see and review what SP recorded on cctv there own recorders yesterday and see how many offences they turned a blind eye to.

Here’s Lucy!
01-04-2019, 04:00 PM

:dunno: Aye, what could go wrong?

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2019, 04:16 PM

:hilarious

Bostonhibby
01-04-2019, 04:25 PM

:hilariousSays the boys a well known member.[emoji16]

HoboHarry
01-04-2019, 04:29 PM
I'd go further and give each of them a bicycle chain and let natural selection take place.....:greengrin

theonlywayisup
01-04-2019, 04:37 PM

Does anyone recall the joint pre match warm up in the Souness era? It featured players of both teams passing the ball to each other in the centre circle.

Here’s Lucy!
01-04-2019, 04:52 PM

:blah::blah::blah:

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Says the boys a well known member.[emoji16]

not sure if this has been photoshopped :hmmm: surely Bobby Madden would have noticed scott brown wearing glasses :confused:

Bostonhibby
01-04-2019, 05:19 PM

not sure if this has been photoshopped :hmmm: surely Bobby Madden would have noticed scott brown wearing glasses :confused:[emoji16]

macca70
01-04-2019, 05:21 PM

He should get done for encourging folk to waste police time

silverhibee
01-04-2019, 05:41 PM
After a battle between Celtc & Rangers fans where 3 men were stabbed police are still trying to work out if it was football related.

That was on BBC, STV blanked it all together.

DH1875
01-04-2019, 05:48 PM

A lot of Irish bars have opened in the city and celtic fans have kinda took them over on match days, especially around the central station area and the merchant city.

DH1875
01-04-2019, 05:52 PM
After a battle between Celtc & Rangers fans where 3 men were stabbed police are still trying to work out if it was football related.

Green Brigade attacked the Toby Jug pub in the city centre and a group of celtic fans also attacked a orange lodge/hall in paisley that has left rangers fans in hospital. Haven't seen much said about any of it.

green day
01-04-2019, 05:54 PM

Saw that on the BBC :rolleyes: Is this is the same vein as "rangers scarf man"?

I wonder what will happen if we kick the ***** out of jambos up town on Saturday? Will it be assumed it is Rugger fans?

green day
01-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Green Brigade attacked the Toby Jug pub in the city centre and a group of celtic fans also attacked a orange lodge/hall in paisley that has left rangers fans in hospital. Haven't seen much said about any of it.

This is the media going back to the old days - domestic abuse numbers and assaults going sky high on derby days in Glasgow...............but lets sweep it under the carpet.

It will take (as always) a hospital consultant to tell the media about the carnage surrounding these matches.

"People Make Glasgow" - Indeed................

Antifa Hibs
01-04-2019, 06:08 PM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1436743-rangers-fan-bit-police-officer-and-abused-celtic-supporters/

Good bunch of lads. Absolutely the right call allowing an extra 2000 of them into ER now

theonlywayisup
01-04-2019, 06:15 PM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1436743-rangers-fan-bit-police-officer-and-abused-celtic-supporters/

Good bunch of lads. Absolutely the right call allowing an extra 2000 of them into ER now

This makes it okay then "Reid blamed a fall out with his girlfriend and current difficult life circumstances for the incident."

DH1875
01-04-2019, 06:19 PM

£500 fine for biting a police officer is a joke. Should at least see the inside of a prison cell.

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 06:33 PM

That sounds like an amazing reality show. :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
01-04-2019, 06:45 PM

Craig Levein. 40 years of avoiding silverware is some feat.

HoboHarry
01-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Hope the Police officer who got bitten is up to date with his rabies inoculations.....

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-04-2019, 07:04 PM

Quality April Fools Day wind-up but, I think you actually mean it 😆

LancashireHibby
01-04-2019, 07:22 PM
A lot of Irish bars have opened in the city and celtic fans have kinda took them over on match days, especially around the central station area and the merchant city.
Wasn’t aware of that, cheers.

Jones28
01-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Evening times confirms a man has died following city centre brawl

H18 SFR
01-04-2019, 07:25 PM
I hear the stabbed fan has lost his life. RIP.

Frazerbob
01-04-2019, 07:27 PM
Confirmed the guy has died.

nairn hibee
01-04-2019, 07:38 PM
£500 fine for biting a police officer is a joke. Should at least see the inside of a prison cell.
Have a bit of sympathy .he just broke up with his sister

macca70
01-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Confirmed the guy has died.

That is absolutely horrific.

Their seems to have been an extremely nasty element return to football recently.

The Old Firm or the Government have talked about addressing it but done absolutely nothing.

whereswallace?
01-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Evening Times a bit premature. The guy is still fighting for his life.

leither17
01-04-2019, 08:33 PM

That’s the problem with the media they just want to be first who gives a monkeys if it’s true or not

BoomtownHibees
01-04-2019, 08:45 PM

Terrible reporting. He’s not dead

proud_and_green
01-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Totally agree disgusting and the level of hate which has been allowed to fester mainly unhindered by authorities both football and non-football is shocking. Best game in the world though.It is absolutely shocking. Unfortunately the more people (Gérard, Traynor etc) encourage the 'we're so hard done by' and 'nobody likes us' and 'it's all so unfair' attitude then the only obvious outcome will be increased levels of violence. These are not normal people, this is all they live for and they are easily wound up and less easily restrained.
The mouthpieces of both clubs have a responsibility and must face up to it.
What you ignore you condone and what you condone you encourage!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
01-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Nobody does nothing. Nobody says nothing from each club. It's like they are scared to upset the fans.

ian cruise
01-04-2019, 10:55 PM

It's a big O'Neill's that's down there, that's the only Irish bar. Less than a mile away from the proper "Celtc" bars though, these guys went for easy targets, casual fans and probably a few folk from other bars that didn't really care about the game and were out for Mother's day. Who thing is sickening.

Jones28
02-04-2019, 06:22 AM
Apologies folks

SteveHFC
02-04-2019, 06:31 AM
So they are looking at scott browns actions does that mean they will take a look at morelos actions at recent game against us after the goal i very much doubt it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-skipper-scott-brown-set-14220754

Opens a can of worms punish one player and you have to punish all or highly paid players could just behave

theonlywayisup
02-04-2019, 06:37 AM
So they are looking at scott browns actions does that mean they will take a look at morelos actions at recent game against us after the goal i very much doubt it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-skipper-scott-brown-set-14220754

Opens a can of worms punish one player and you have to punish all or highly paid players could just behave

Or how about Berra's reaction after the recent derby at Easter Road, going up the the FF and East doing the thunderclap in front of both. He did similar at the end of last season at Tiny. No attempt to join in and celebrate with his own fans; it was straight up to the Hibs fans to wind them up.

MSK
02-04-2019, 06:45 AM

Opens a can of worms punish one player and you have to punish all or highly paid players could just behaveAs per usual nowt will happen, the beaks will not want to put all the blame on poor victims fc so will be seen to redress a bit of balance by citing Browns actions, they will drip feed the press with the usual spin then that will be that, absolute ****ing ***** bags

Lift carpet and sweep under

BoomtownHibees
02-04-2019, 07:16 AM
As per usual nowt will happen, the beaks will not want to put all the blame on poor victims fc so will be seen to redress a bit of balance by citing Browns actions, they will drip feed the press with the usual spin then that will be that, absolute ****ing ***** bags

Lift carpet and sweep under

Nowt will happen and neither it should

Antifa Hibs
02-04-2019, 09:05 AM
Another hun arrested in EK for brandishing a knife in the street on Sunday night, while wearing his bright orange Sevco top. Not football related though *rollseyes*

They really can't take a beating!

DH1875
02-04-2019, 11:41 AM
It's a big O'Neill's that's down there, that's the only Irish bar. Less than a mile away from the proper "Celtc" bars though, these guys went for easy targets, casual fans and probably a few folk from other bars that didn't really care about the game and were out for Mother's day. Who thing is sickening.

Kelly's bar, St Vinnys, Kitty O'shea, McGinns and a couple of others all right next to central station. Throw in the 3 at the top of Hope street and the big O'Neill's that has opened and that at least 8 bars within a 10 minute (at most) walk from central station. Then you've got the bars at Merchant city they also use on match days. Glasgow city centre is 100% full of them when Celtic are playing.

Don't think they were easy targets. The 3 guys stabbed are members of the CSC and the CSC can usually be found in the Merchant city on match days. One of the guys is apparently the brother of the guy who throw the CS gas at Easter Road all those years ago.

ian cruise
02-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Kelly's bar, St Vinnys, Kitty O'shea, McGinns and a couple of others all right next to central station. Throw in the 3 at the top of Hope street and the big O'Neill's that has opened and that at least 8 bars within a 10 minute (at most) walk from central station. Then you've got the bars at Merchant city they also use on match days. Glasgow city centre is 100% full of them when Celtic are playing.

Don't think they were easy targets. The 3 guys stabbed are members of the CSC and the CSC can usually be found in the Merchant city on match days. One of the guys is apparently the brother of the guy who throw the CS gas at Easter Road all those years ago.

I was thinking Albion St in particular rather than the vacinity but you're right there's plenty of Celtic flavoured bars around the city centre.

Regarding the guys being members of CSC and known trouble makers, I hadn't see that, I was just basing it on personal experience that Albion St and that specific part of Merchant City is a lot more casual supporter than football casual.

JimBHibees
02-04-2019, 12:06 PM
I was thinking Albion St in particular rather than the vacinity but you're right there's plenty of Celtic flavoured bars around the city centre.

Regarding the guys being members of CSC and known trouble makers, I hadn't see that, I was just basing it on personal experience that Albion St and that specific part of Merchant City is a lot more casual supporter than football casual.

If that is the case re their background and people are now prepared to use knives retaliation would appear to be inevitable.

Hibernian Verse
02-04-2019, 12:07 PM
He should get done for encourging folk to waste police time

Why can't they just not react?

Small minded morons.

The Modfather
02-04-2019, 12:20 PM

I usually go to Bar Square in the Merchant Square before and after games at Hampden. When we got beat of Celtc in the semi last season we headed back to Bar Square but it was closed. So against our better judgement we went for one in O’Neils. Was full of Celtic fans and a dukebox playing music. In the space of one song it went from the likes of the Inspiral Carpets to what can only be described as Russian Cossack music. The pub went nuts and were all singing some IRA version. We drank up and left. Can you imagine that happening in the city centre in Edinburgh.

matty_f
02-04-2019, 12:21 PM
I usually go to Bar Square in the Merchant Square before and after games at Hampden. When we got beat of Celtc in the semi last season we headed back to Bar Square but it was closed. So against our better judgement we went for one in O’Neils. Was full of Celtic fans and a dukebox playing music. In the space of one song it went from the likes of the Inspiral Carpets to what can only be described as Russian Cossack music. The pub went nuts and were all singing some IRA version. We drank up and left. Can you imagine that happening in the city centre in Edinburgh.

I drink up and leave in city centre pubs every time I'm in one! :greengrin

ian cruise
02-04-2019, 01:28 PM

Yeah the Oneills can be a proper Celtic bar, but the others in the direct surroundings (bar squat, bar home, Blackfriars, etc) aren't. I also have found that even Oneills is a lot better than a lot of the bars but in general anywhere where either of those teams supporters gather en masse has got a lot worse the last couple of years. Not so long ago I'd have gone to a pub like that to watch a game with Celtic supporting friends if Hibs weren't p on aying at the same time, now I wouldn't bother. Both sides behaviour is getting noticeably worse.

LeithMike
02-04-2019, 01:41 PM
. . .a dukebox playing music...

Hmmm. Now I see where the problems start. Duking it out and boxing over music. Perhaps O'Neill's should have invested in a jukebox.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Here’s Lucy!
02-04-2019, 04:46 PM
Hmmm. Now I see where the problems start. Duking it out and boxing over music. Perhaps O'Neill's should have invested in a jukebox.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

:faf: