PDA

View Full Version : Players from other teams.

rotherhamrob
31-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Which players from other teams have impressed you this year?
I'm picking 2 from the same team, power and dicker from killie especially power.
When we were going through our bad spell I was looking at power and thinking we could do with a player like him.
This isn't a thread about who we should be targeting, I'll leave that to the manager, more about who's impressed people.

Smartie
31-03-2019, 10:12 AM
Ryan Kent has looked as good a player as I've seen play for that particular club in their short history.

Mikel Miller stuck out as being a bit of quality in an otherwise very poor Accies side.

H18 SFR
31-03-2019, 10:44 AM
I'd take Anthony Ralston from Celtic at right back.

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Promising youngster at Celtic cannae get a game for some reason.....Scott Allan. :greengrin

Power Kille

Miller Hamilton

bingo70
31-03-2019, 10:55 AM
I thought Steve Lawson (I think that’s was his name) looked good for Livi the other night. He was in midfield on Friday but according to Wikipedia I think he’s a right back.

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Shinnie, always impressed me how he can play in a game and referee it at the same time.

leither17
31-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Shinnie, always impressed me how he can play in a game and referee it at the same time.

He can’t do that’s and play left back

Leitherhibs
31-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Taylor and brophy at Killie.
Turnbull/Hastie/Campbell at Well.
Shankland at Ayr Utd.
Hardie at Livi.
Ralph at Dundee.
Shaughnessy at St j.
Stewart and Mclennan at aberdeen.

Would all be on my (slightly improbable) wishlist.

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Was honking for Scotland

It’s a no from me. :greengrin

The Modfather
31-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Kenny Miller, was impressed with his movement and intelligence in the game where he scored against us at Easter Road earlier in the season.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Alfredo Morelos impresses me.

The levels of stupidity and indiscipline that he displays is spectacular.

cannastar
31-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Stuart Findlay from Killie.Think he has had an excellent season.

where'stheslope
31-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Alfredo Morelos impresses me.

The levels of stupidity and indiscipline that he displays is spectacular.
Can you imagine if we signed him, this forum would be rife with threads about bad referees, and why we never got his cards rescinded!!!!!

Smartie
31-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Can you imagine if we signed him, this forum would be rife with threads about bad referees, and why we never got his cards rescinded!!!!!

I feel bit sorry for Morelos.

He gets away with so much of his nonsense, he gets legitimate red cards rescinded etc - how is he meant to know when to push his luck and when not to? Rules are applied to him more inconsistently than anyone else.

He should have about 15 red cards this season instead of just the 5.

hfc rd
31-03-2019, 05:20 PM
Halkett & Pittman from Livingston have impressed me.

Cosgrove from Aberdeen too seems to have been a great find for them after losing Rooney to Salford City in the summer. Think he’s nearly on 20 goals in all comps?

04Sauzee
31-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Dare I say it. Peter Haring

Eyrie
31-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Shinnie, Power and Haring are all good calls.

Morelos would be if it wasn't for his temperament.

sauzee=legend
31-03-2019, 06:55 PM
The Celtic player..... Willie Collum

Since452
31-03-2019, 08:33 PM
Nelson at Dundee looks a great wee player

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Ryan Kent of The Rangers has a mean left hook :greengrin

greenlex
31-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Miller at Accies and Ferguson at Aberdeen have been the stand outs for me.

My_Wife_Camille
31-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Jason Kerr at St Johnstone. The boy is the real deal

rotherhamrob
31-03-2019, 09:44 PM
It's good to see quite a few different players mentioned.
You could actually make a half decent team out of them except there's no keeper, I guess we'll just have to settle on either rocky or Bogdan, let's face it that's a nice problem to have.

oneone73
31-03-2019, 10:45 PM
You could actually make a half decent team out of them except there's no keeper, I guess we'll just have to settle on either rocky or Bogdan, let's face it that's a nice problem to have.

Liam Kelly at Livi or Zander Clark at St Johnstone.

dp00
31-03-2019, 11:06 PM

Bain at Celtic has had a decent season... done well to get the number 1 shirt off Gordon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
01-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Hayden Coulson St Mirren now on loan at Cambridge United parent club Middlesbrough Left back

I Dont know if anyone remembers this young guy played 11 games for St Mirren at the start of the season scoring one

Signed by Alan Stubbs

An England U19 international

An overlapping full back bags of energy very good player reminded me of a young Lewis Stevenson

Unlikely would fall into our budget but never say never

Swedish hibee
01-04-2019, 09:13 PM
I like Greg Taylor. And Liam Kelly.
And who was that player at Falkirk a few seasons ago. Think Stubbsy signed him- whatever happened to him?

Billy Whizz
01-04-2019, 09:36 PM
I like Greg Taylor. And Liam Kelly.
And who was that player at Falkirk a few seasons ago. Think Stubbsy signed him- whatever happened to him?

Will Vaulks? Think he’s still at Rotherham

Souter96Mac
01-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Aberdeen: Lowe
Celtic: Ajer
Dundee: Nelson
St Johnstone: Kerr
Kilmarnock: O'Donnell
Rangers: Kent
Hearts: Haring
Livi: Hardie
Motherwell: Campbell
Hamilton: Miller
St Mirren: Duckens Nazon (For the name alone)

O'Donnell Ajer Kerr Lowe
Kent Haring Campbell Miller
Hardie Nazon

If I was forced to choose a player from each team to pick a team, but obviously leaves the goalie position free. Could sticky Rocky in there.

Smartie
01-04-2019, 10:16 PM
Will Vaulks? Think he’s still at Rotherham

I noticed his name being mentioned during the Wales game last week - he may have gone on as a sub for them.

Must be doing ok?

Halmyre Hibee
03-04-2019, 02:17 PM
I see Sevco no longer perusing their interest in Motherwell Jake Hastie. Wonder if we could do a John McGinn type deal?

Hibernian Verse
03-04-2019, 02:32 PM
I always thought Greg Kiltie was a player but I see he's now at Morton?

04Sauzee
03-04-2019, 03:16 PM
I see Sevco no longer perusing their interest in Motherwell Jake Hastie. Wonder if we could do a John McGinn type deal?

A fan of The Rangers at work believes they gave on Hastie due to his wage demands ?

we are hibs
03-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Weren't we looking at a midfielder from livi? Think he might have came on against us the other day but can't remember his name.

What happened to the boy Cadden at Motherwell? Hearts were apparently going for a pre contract with him in the summer for next season.

500miles
03-04-2019, 05:33 PM
A fan of The Rangers at work believes they gave on Hastie due to his wage demands ?

Injury upon injury.

WeeRussell
03-04-2019, 11:45 PM
Thon big fellae up top for Hearts looks a right handful every time (albeit only once or twice) I've seen him on the TV. I don't wish prolonged head injuries on players, but if he's not playing at the weekend I won't lose sleep over it :greengrin

Agree on Kent too. Again only seen him feature a few times but looks sharp and nippy on the ball. Up until the weekend I would have said that he hasn't necessarily inherited the standard hun nature to go along with it...

A heart and a rangers player. I'm going for a lie down.

Hibeesmad
04-04-2019, 12:52 AM
Gary Mackay-Stevens is one player I have always thought would be a fantastic player for us. Outside the Old Firm he would be in the top 3 players I'd like at the club.

Unseen work
04-04-2019, 01:19 AM
Motherwell have some really good youngsters I’d like to see us go for but would be priced out of the majority I would imagine

Alan Campbell
David Turnbull
Jake Hastie
Chris Cadden

Other players I rate for their clubs

Ryan Hardie - Livi
Mikel Miller - Hamilton
Shaughnessy, Kerr and Kennedy - St Johnstone
Scott Wright - Dundee

There is a lot of good players in the league and I think we should start investing in them.

Aberdeen have done it very well recently buying the best of the rest if you like with guys like

Barry Robson
Will Flood
Hayes
Shinnie
McKay Steven
Ferguson
Ryan Christie
Rooney after failing down south
Ball after failing down south
May after failing down south
McGinn
Devlin
Stewart after failing down south

They always stick to guys who have excelled at their past team in Scotland and know the league. One of the main reasons they’ve been one of the best teams in the country for years. I absolutely hate them too so it drives me crazy to see them doing well.

bigwheel
04-04-2019, 05:05 AM
Motherwell have some really good youngsters I’d like to see us go for but would be priced out of the majority I would imagine

Alan Campbell
David Turnbull
Jake Hastie
Chris Cadden

Other players I rate for their clubs

Ryan Hardie - Livi
Mikel Miller - Hamilton
Shaughnessy, Kerr and Kennedy - St Johnstone
Scott Wright - Dundee

There is a lot of good players in the league and I think we should start investing in them.

Aberdeen have done it very well recently buying the best of the rest if you like with guys like

Barry Robson
Will Flood
Hayes
Shinnie
McKay Steven
Ferguson
Ryan Christie
Rooney after failing down south
Ball after failing down south
May after failing down south
McGinn
Devlin
Stewart after failing down south

They always stick to guys who have excelled at their past team in Scotland and know the league. One of the main reasons they’ve been one of the best teams in the country for years. I absolutely hate them too so it drives me crazy to see them doing well.

Interesting post....by the time a young player breaks through and stars at first team level in our league, they are largely out of our price range....I'd like us to be seeking to get these guys before they make the breakthrough..talents such as Scott Wright or Hastie must be a stick out in the reserve/Dev teams...let's try to get them at contract renewal stage or for 40k before they become 400k players....Hearts have done a bit of that in recent years to some good effect. Soutar, wighton..Aberdeen will Ferguson etc.. some won't work, but a number will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk