PDA

View Full Version : Last seven games of the season

Diclonius
30-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Provided Motherwell don't somehow manage to beat both Aberdeen and Rangers and we pick up 0 points in our next two games, our final seven games will consist of the following:

Aberdeen (home)
Celtic (home)
Hearts (home and away)
Kilmarnock (home and away)
Rangers (away)

Massive test for Hecky in the "big games", but he's done pretty well so far.

Keith_M
30-03-2019, 05:23 PM
One of our biggest complaints for the past three season or so was that we could turn it on in the bigger games but somehow couldn't get the hang of consistently beating the smaller sides.

Hecky seems to have worked out that issue well (at least so far) so it'll be interesting to see how he tackles the challenge of the bigger clubs in the run in to the end of the season.

He took the approach of trying to contain Celtc and The Rangers (at least in the first half), but I think he's learning more about his side and what they're capable of, so I'm not too concerned about him trying that again.

bingo70
30-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Same top 6 two seasons in a row I think.

Should make it pretty straight forward for the folk who arrange the fixtures.

Diclonius
30-03-2019, 05:28 PM

Apparently the only change that needs to be made is for us to be given a home game v Aberdeen, and the rest balances out perfectly.

bod
30-03-2019, 05:55 PM

Should be but knowing them they’ll make a mess of it . . . Again

Diclonius
30-03-2019, 06:16 PM
The only problem is when we'll know the fixtures - theoretically the top 6 should be done as dusted on Wednesday, but we're at that old chestnut of Celtic not winning the league at Ibrox (yawn). If Celtic win tomorrow they're 13 points ahead, and assuming the points between the two remain the same that'll still be the case for the first game of the split, meaning Celtic could win the league on that date. I suspect they'll make it the 4th game unless Celtic manage to **** up.