PDA

View Full Version : Reading/McNulty

King Cosell
30-03-2019, 04:04 PM
If Reading stay up, I reckon there's a great chance McNulty will be here next season. If they go down, he'll go back.

HT: Reading 2-0 Preston

Up the Royals!

H18 SFR
30-03-2019, 04:08 PM
If Reading stay up, I reckon there's a great chance McNulty will be here next season. If they go down, he'll go back.

HT: Reading 2-0 Preston

Up the Royals!

I like the theory, a lot, however I think he will likely have Internet down south.

Borderhibbie76
30-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Really hope we keep Sparky but I have confidence that if he does go Hecky will have a suitable replacement lined up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
30-03-2019, 04:22 PM
Reading fan I know says they have no interest in keeping McNulty
They’re after someone else (said the name but really can’t remember)
Loan back very likely

Bad Habits
30-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Were we not close to buying him outright before, And then settling for a loan?

Stands to reason that Reading may still want rid, especially if they go up and a year less on his contract. Hopefully means we may potentially agree on a fee?

ancient hibee
30-03-2019, 04:47 PM
Were we not close to buying him outright before, And then settling for a loan?

Stands to reason that Reading may still want rid, especially if they go up and a year less on his contract. Hopefully means we may potentially agree on a fee?

And his wages?

Bad Habits
30-03-2019, 05:20 PM
And his wages?

Must be realistic demands if we were trying before. I don't imagine the bid would have got as far as it did if we didn't think we could afford the wages.

I also imagine there is still a decent amount of cash in the pot - sale of McGinn, Ambrose's wage and we have a fairly small senior squad.

Famous Fiver
30-03-2019, 05:23 PM
I read somewhere he is on £18,000 a week.

Big pill for us to swallow, especially with potential Zebra Finance damage to ST sales.

I would be delighted to see him back on loan next season.

GreenCastle
30-03-2019, 05:33 PM
His missus is from Edinburgh- but have a feeling he will end up at Celtic.

Anyway enjoy him while he’s here - he’s improving every game and loves playing for us.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2019, 05:39 PM
I read somewhere he is on £18,000 a week.

Big pill for us to swallow, especially with potential Zebra Finance damage to ST sales.

I would be delighted to see him back on loan next season.

Understatement of the season, in fact any season. Hibs wouldn't and couldn't contemplate paying even a third of that in wages. Given how well he is playing for us and his call up to an admittedly abysmal Scotland team he wont be short of offers from clubs who can afford £6,000 a week.

HibeeMackenzie
30-03-2019, 09:14 PM
I like the theory, a lot, however I think he will likely have Internet down south.

Reckon he’ll at least have 4g up here

3pm
30-03-2019, 09:49 PM

😂

H18 SFR
30-03-2019, 09:51 PM

Superb!!! Alright, I typed interest.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2019, 09:51 PM
I know it was Yogi speaking, but the Sportsound podcast from Friday nights game, he was saying he was aware of the deal to Hibs, and we could have got him for a much cheaper deal in January. He thinks Reading hold all the aces now

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 09:56 PM
McNulty's excellent form for us is the biggest impediment to getting him back next season because either Reading will want to keep him or some other team will offer a much higher fee than we can realistically afford.

Would be nice if we had a option to buy clause in his loan deal like we had with Kamberi.

dp00
30-03-2019, 10:52 PM
Remember tho mcnulty could look at bigger picture of a few seasons up here earning less but giving him more experience, Scotland call ups and the chance of a big deal again down south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
30-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Remember tho mcnulty could look at bigger picture of a few seasons up here earning less but giving him more experience, Scotland call ups and the chance of a big deal again down south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you think maybe drop a couple of million quid in wages to go back down to someone like Reading in a few years.Why not stay there getting the money and come back up here then?

Itsnoteasy
31-03-2019, 12:38 AM

Hope he gets a good WiFi signal.😉

Caversham Green
31-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Reading fan I know says they have no interest in keeping McNulty
They’re after someone else (said the name but really can’t remember)
Loan back very likely

That's the general feeling down here. They've already got Baldock who looks like a similar sort of player and I'm guessing Oliveira is the player your mate is talking about - he's here on loan from Norwich (I think) atm and they'll probably want to sign him in the summer. They look like they'll have some FFP problems next season so they won't want to write off a £1m+ transfer fee, but probably will want to save on some of his wages.