PDA

View Full Version : On to Wednesday

Garymcl
30-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Canny wait for this let’s get another big turnout and get behind Hecky and the team another crucial game a massive home support will certainly help this team deserve it on great run Ggtth :flag:

JXM73
30-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Is there no way hibs can do cash gates in the south stand?

Onceinawhile
30-03-2019, 12:12 PM

I'm sure they will have the east stand pods selling tickets if there's demand for it.

calumhibee1
30-03-2019, 12:18 PM
We’re almost back to that feeling of every game being huge like it was towards the end of last season. Win on Wednesday and we could quite conceivably be pushing for Europe again, possibly even third.

Onceinawhile
30-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Hamilton win today and we could go fourth with a win.

7 huge games, all cup finals.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2019, 12:27 PM
This is a huge game for us against a very difficult opponent ….. our fans should be looking at this as being as big a test as any game against the uglies or Hertz, lets hope the crowd reflects that.

Garymcl
30-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Totally agree this like the proverbial 7 cup finals all the fans can do is turn up to all remaining games in huge numbers home and away and get right behind the team massive game on Wednesday night canny wait Ggtth

Keith_M
30-03-2019, 02:11 PM

I'd imagine the usual two sections will be opened at some point and you'll be able to get tickets from outside the East Stand

They don't do Cash Gates any more.

Tarrahib
30-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Hamilton win today and we could go fourth with a win.

7 huge games, all cup finals.
Let's concentrate on getting top six.

cleanyman
30-03-2019, 07:06 PM
I'd be happy with top six considering how this season has went

Hopefully get the job done in the next two games

Sir David Gray
30-03-2019, 07:07 PM

Motherwell won't beat both Aberdeen and Sevco.

HibeeHibernian4
30-03-2019, 07:07 PM

Well let's just make sure that, even if they do, it won't matter because we've picked up points ourselves. :aok:

erin go bragh
30-03-2019, 08:29 PM

They just skelped St Johnstone . Every chance they will beat the sheep .
We beat Killie and it’s imaterial . Our 2-0 win against them was vital.
We are now the form team in the league. Bring on Killie and the poppy thieves .

Tarrahib
30-03-2019, 08:43 PM
It was said that Hertz wouldn't beat the sheep today!!!!

Since452
30-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Win on Wednesday and we're 3 points off 3rd if other results go our way. Crazy.

Onceinawhile
30-03-2019, 09:52 PM
Win on Wednesday and we're 3 points off 3rd if other results go our way. Crazy.

If we win, motherwell win and rangers win then we will be right in the mix.

Let's hope we get the win. Buzzing for the game now.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2019, 09:58 PM
They just skelped St Johnstone . Every chance they will beat the sheep .
We beat Killie and it’s imaterial . Our 2-0 win against them was vital.
We are now the form team in the league. Bring on Killie and the poppy thieves .

They might beat Aberdeen but I can't see them beating Sevco as well. They'll get a maximum of 4 points from those 2 games.

LancashireHibby
30-03-2019, 10:02 PM
If you don’t know whether you can make it until late on (only presuming based on your question) then buy online, select print at home and screenshot the ticket PDF on your phone and scan that at the turnstile. Works every time for me.

SJNB Hibby
30-03-2019, 10:10 PM
Well let's just make sure that, even if they do, it won't matter because we've picked up points ourselves. :aok:

If they do, all the better for us in our push for third

number9dream
30-03-2019, 10:41 PM
Tough game. Killie smashed five past Accies without Power, Jones & Brophy.
However, Heckingbottom has found a way each time in his six league games. Looking forward to his duel with Steve Clarke.
If we can win both pre-split games, or even take four points, then we’re right in amongst it.

JXM73
30-03-2019, 10:52 PM
If you don’t know whether you can make it until late on (only presuming based on your question) then buy online, select print at home and screenshot the ticket PDF on your phone and scan that at the turnstile. Works every time for me.

I'm a ST holder, just wondered why no cash turnstiles

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-03-2019, 11:01 PM
A point on Wednesday will be enough to finish top 6 unless Motherwell can win they're next two games 10-0.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2019, 08:26 AM
A point on Wednesday will be enough to finish top 6 unless Motherwell can win they're next two games 10-0.

They wouldn't need to win both 10-0 because we would be losing at Tynecastle in that scenario which would lower our goal difference by at least one goal but it would certainly need two massive wins for them.

To all intents and purposes one point from our next two games guarantees top six.

Garymcl
31-03-2019, 10:56 AM
Wednesday night game is massive let’s get a massive turnout to support the boys let’s create another great atmosphere under the lights at the san Siro Ggtth :flag:

Franck Stanton
31-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Game is on BBC alba at 10.00pm

we are hibs
31-03-2019, 11:59 AM
For the first time since about September I'm genuinely looking forward to going to Easter road. We need to try and replicate the Motherwell 1st half a few weeks back over the whole 90 as Killie are no mugs.

Since452
31-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Our defeat at Rugby park last time was the most insipid, lifeless performance I'd seen in years until we were even worse at Fir Park. Seems like a different team since the last time the teams met. Will be a hard game for both teams but i think we'll win again.

Sir David Gray
31-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Our defeat at Rugby park last time was the most insipid, lifeless performance I'd seen in years until we were even worse at Fir Park. Seems like a different team since the last time the teams met. Will be a hard game for both teams but i think we'll win again.

I honestly don't think the performance at Fir Park (as bad as it was) was worse than the performance at Rugby Park. We were rank rotten that day and I was left praying that the floodlights would fail again so that the match would be abandoned.

MWHIBBIES
31-03-2019, 04:17 PM
I honestly don't think the performance at Fir Park (as bad as it was) was worse than the performance at Rugby Park. We were rank rotten that day and I was left praying that the floodlights would fail again so that the match would be abandoned.

It wasn't even close. We were far far worse at Rugby park. We actually played okay in the 2nd half at Motherwell.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2019, 04:52 PM
It wasn't even close. We were far far worse at Rugby park. We actually played okay in the 2nd half at Motherwell.

I’d agree with this

judas
31-03-2019, 04:55 PM

That sounds like it would be making it easy for the fans to actually attend the game and part with their cash. So no.

MWHIBBIES
31-03-2019, 05:32 PM
That sounds like it would be making it easy for the fans to actually attend the game and part with their cash. So no.

Yes, Hibs intention is to prevent people attending.

LancashireHibby
31-03-2019, 05:36 PM
I can buy a ticket on my phone almost as quickly as posting this reply. And I won’t even have to go to an ATM.

Since452
31-03-2019, 07:32 PM

You're probably right. Think my frustration was at breaking point which made it seem worse than it was. Rugby park was hellish though.

jacomo
31-03-2019, 09:57 PM

We’ve been doing exactly that and are entitled to have a bit of optimism now.

Last season we tilted for 2nd and rightly so. Yes we missed out right at the end, but no shame in it.

Brightside
31-03-2019, 11:30 PM
I’ll take a draw v Killie. Very good team and still under rated.

calumhibee1
01-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Wonder if they’ll still be missing Brophy, Power and Jones?

Tarrahib
01-04-2019, 07:20 AM
We’ve been doing exactly that and are entitled to have a bit of optimism now.

Last season we tilted for 2nd and rightly so. Yes we missed out right at the end, but no shame in it.
I should have said let's concentrate on top six first and when that is secure aim for a spot higher up the league.l also want Hibs to end up as high as they can get.The next 7 games except the Celtic game are 6 pointers.Lets hope we can start that run against Killie on Wednesday night.Secure top 6 then we are off and running.

ian cruise
01-04-2019, 07:39 AM
I'm a ST holder, just wondered why no cash turnstiles

Makes it more difficult to police if the ticket isn't booked in advance as you can't trace back who bought the ticket should there be any trouble, also cash gates still have issues with the tills being short. I worked with a well fan who did cash gates from them and claimed it paid for their night out (even though it was his team he was taking cash from).

Brightside
01-04-2019, 09:25 AM
When did we last do cash gates? Ive never seen them for a long time in the west? Has the world not moved on from that?

Onceinawhile
01-04-2019, 09:38 AM
When did we last do cash gates? Ive never seen them for a long time in the west? Has the world not moved on from that?

4, maybe 5 seasons ago, yet it gets raised on an almost weekly basis.

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 09:43 AM

Still take cash at the pods do we not? Sure I got tickets by cash at Elgin game via pod.

Brightside
01-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Still take cash at the pods do we not? Sure I got tickets by cash at Elgin game via pod.

Yeh no problem with Pods. But people are asking for cash gates. We dont do it so no idea why people ask every week.

JimBHibees
01-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Yeh no problem with Pods. But people are asking for cash gates. We dont do it so no idea why people ask every week.

Agree and the reason we dont is no doubt the one for me, one for you policy sometimes applied allegedly. :greengrin

Brightside
01-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Agree and the reason we dont is no doubt the one for me, one for you policy sometimes applied allegedly. :greengrin

The whole stadium should be cashless tbh.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Really looking forward to this game. Wonder what sort of line up Hecky will go with.
Looks like a big crowd, and both teams have a huge amount to play for

Famous Fiver
02-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Not read the whole thread but was there not a problem with cash gates being affected by pilfering by the turnstile operators?

If not, sorry for raising it but it rings a bell.

LancashireHibby
02-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Not read the whole thread but was there not a problem with cash gates being affected by pilfering by the turnstile operators?

If not, sorry for raising it but it rings a bell.
Although I can't find a link to it, I do recall something similar which was partly why the pods were introduced amongst other more logistical reasons (reserved seating, more selling points, more practical for dealing with queues, greater security and the like).