PDA

View Full Version : HSL - Let’s back Hecky

3pm
30-03-2019, 07:02 AM
After our latest subscription for shares I am delighted to confirm that we now own 18.16 % of our Club, having donated over £700,000. This is a remarkable achievement for us, and I want to say thank you so much for your kind and generous donations to date.

Your money has brought players to the Club who would not have been here otherwise and as a result we helped the Team get back into the top flight and of course delivered the Scottish Cup. You played your part in this team effort.

We are closing in on one of our initial milestones, While we could easily just wait and allow the passage of time to deliver this, I am writing to you to make a special appeal for some extra support. The reason for this is quite simple.

When we were down at East Mains recently meeting Paul and Robbie, they could not have been more welcoming. Without hesitation, after hearing about HSL and our members, they chose to join because they wanted to help us. I’m sure you will understand why in return we promised to do everything we could to help them. With this in mind we are asking you if you would consider making a one-offdonation of £50 to HSL. If we could get 1000 of our Members to make such a donation, we could deliver an extra £50,000 to Paul and Robbie.

We are often asked where our donations go so please allow my fellow HSL Director and Club CEO Leeann Dempster provide the answer :

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else. As I have said in the past the Board of the Club really appreciate the efforts of HSL Members and it would be great to see as many Hibs supporters as possible join the cause, if they can afford to do so”

We really hope you feel able to help and every person who makes a one of donation of £50 will be entered into a draw with the winning prize being a day in the Directors Box for a Category A fixture ( with a friend ) as well as lunch with Paul and Robbie.

To make a donation please log in to your Mrmbers section on our web site.

Non members can also donate at https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie
After our latest subscription for shares I am delighted to confirm that we now own 18.16 % of our Club, having donated over £700,000. This is a remarkable achievement for us, and I want to say thank you so much for your kind and generous donations to date.

Your money has brought players to the Club who would not have been here otherwise and as a result we helped the Team get back into the top flight and of course delivered the Scottish Cup. You played your part in this team effort.

We are closing in on one of our initial milestones, While we could easily just wait and allow the passage of time to deliver this, I am writing to you to make a special appeal for some extra support. The reason for this is quite simple.

When we were down at East Mains recently meeting Paul and Robbie, they could not have been more welcoming. Without hesitation, after hearing about HSL and our members, they chose to join because they wanted to help us. I’m sure you will understand why in return we promised to do everything we could to help them. With this in mind we are asking you if you would consider making a one-offdonation of £50 to HSL. If we could get 1000 of our Members to make such a donation, we could deliver an extra £50,000 to Paul and Robbie.

We are often asked where our donations go so please allow my fellow HSL Director and Club CEO Leeann Dempster provide the answer :

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else. As I have said in the past the Board of the Club really appreciate the efforts of HSL Members and it would be great to see as many Hibs supporters as possible join the cause, if they can afford to do so”

We really hope you feel able to help and every person who makes a one of donation of £50 will be entered into a draw with the winning prize being a day in the Directors Box for a Category A fixture ( with a friend ) as well as lunch with Paul and Robbie.

James Adie

Chairman

green&left
30-03-2019, 07:17 AM
Does anyone check the HSL email inbox? Sent 4 emails and not one reply. Cancelled my DD 'til it's sorted.

007 Mickey Weir
30-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Pay what you can. I pay £10 a month on pay day. I know we all can’t pay. But if we look at Hearts and Aberdeen they have similar schemes and are paying much more than us. GGTTH

OfficialHSL
30-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Does anyone check the HSL email inbox? Sent 4 emails and not one reply. Cancelled my DD 'til it's sorted.

Scott

We are sorry to hear this. As far as we are aware we are up to date with emails ( we don't really get many ). Would you mind trying again and also please send a pm with your details.

HSL

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2019, 08:10 AM
I have renewed my season ticket for next year. I would more than happily sign up if all the money went to the transfer budget and HSL were transparent about how the figures have been deployed thus far.

The club budget at the start of the season and the McGinn money will
most likely be staggered in instalments which would then suggest that HSL payments ‘may’ have been used to pay off Lennon and the backroom staff.

BoomtownHibees
30-03-2019, 08:16 AM
I have renewed my season ticket for next year. I would more than happily sign up if all the money went to the transfer budget and HSL were transparent about how the figures have been deployed thus far.

most likely be staggered in instalments which would then suggest that HSL payments ‘may’ have been used to pay off Lennon and the backroom staff.

Did you miss this part?

Gmack7
30-03-2019, 08:18 AM
How you come to that conclusion is baffling
in response to yorks post

OfficialHSL
30-03-2019, 08:22 AM

York

While we may not have started this thread it would still be really nice if we could keep this thread positive. Our efforts are not helped by anyone giving even the slightest suggestion that our Manager is not receiving all of our donations. We are not sure just how clearer Leeann could have been with her statement. Regarding our transparency, we just don't know what further clarity you are looking for.

If you can afford to donate, it would be great to have your assistance.

HSL

Viva_Palmeiras
30-03-2019, 08:26 AM
Did you miss this part?

Maybe include in a myths busting sticky ... dunno what the club can do can’t go round chapping on people’s doors.

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2019, 08:31 AM
I’m
York

While we may not have started this thread it would still be really nice if we could keep this thread positive. Our efforts are not helped by anyone giving even the slightest suggestion that our Manager is not receiving all of our donations. We are not sure just how clearer Leeann could have been with her statement. Regarding our transparency, we just don't know what further clarity you are looking for.

If you can afford to donate, it would be great to have your assistance.

HSL

It’s not negative I think it’s a fair question?

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date.

Your response would suggest this has now changed?

BoomtownHibees
30-03-2019, 08:32 AM

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date is available.

You’re asking a question that has already been answered in the OP of this very thread

Mikey
30-03-2019, 08:34 AM
You’re asking a question that has already been answered in the OP of this very thread

It doesn't matter how many times it's said, some people just don't want to see it.

OfficialHSL
30-03-2019, 08:39 AM

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date is available.

York

Not sure that we would have responded in the manner that you describe. The Club do not "use the money in anyway they choose". As Leeann has once again confirmed it is given to the Manager to spend on wages and transfer fees.

Clearly we have not funded every single wage packet or every single transfer fee but we have helped towards these. If you are asking how much went to Player A's wage and how much went to players B's wage and how much went to player C's transfer fee, we can't give you that figure. If that is your question, do you feel that it is a reasonable one ?

HSL

coco mc
30-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Done and keep up the good work anything that helps us .GGTH

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie

James Adie

Chairman

DaveF
30-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Did you miss this part?

And York hibs manages to read that as 'do what they please'

It's insane.

hibee316
30-03-2019, 09:22 AM
I’m

I asked an HSL representative on here last season for a rough breakdown of how the funds to date were deployed and the response was that they have give the money to the club to use in anyway they choose and have no information on how it has been used to date.

“I want to give all HSL contributors my assurance that every single penny of their donation is directed straight to our Head Coach to spend on player wages or transfer fees, and nothing else.”

Just in case you missed it!

To be fair to you, I had to spend at least 20 seconds looking at the first post in this thread to find that. Understandable how you could miss it. :)

Garymcl
30-03-2019, 09:28 AM
I agree with Hsl poster let’s keep this positive no problems with genuine queries/questions with good intentions I like many hibbys contribute monthly what I can afford I would ask as many fellow hibbys to do the same anything you can afford it’s a great cause keep up the good work Ggtth :flag:

tamig
30-03-2019, 09:35 AM
How you come to that conclusion is baffling
in response to yorks post

York was saying he didn’t know where the cash was going. The answer was in the OP - just as the other poster pointed out.

tamig
30-03-2019, 09:36 AM
And just made the donation too. Hopefully you’ll reach this milestone.

BoomtownHibees
30-03-2019, 09:41 AM
York was saying he didn’t know where the cash was going. The answer was in the OP - just as the other poster pointed out.

I assumed, although difficult with no punctuation, that he was aiming his post at York

tamig
30-03-2019, 09:52 AM
I assumed, although difficult with no punctuation, that he was aiming his post at York

Ah just read it again and you could be right. Apologies to gmack for the misinterpretation. Quoting the original post would have avoided the confusion. Cheers bud 👍

Groathillgrump
30-03-2019, 09:55 AM
Okay, I'm convinced! Just signed up to HSL with a monthly donation. :thumbsup:

Shetland_Hibby
30-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Donation sent.

Speedway
30-03-2019, 11:21 AM

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie

James Adie

Chairman

Please could I ask what hitting this target will mean.

We raise £50,000, it is given to the manager, then what?

Is that a new player, a signing on fee etc?

In other words, what’s the significance of £50k as opposed to say £25k or £75k?

Thank you.

DaveF
30-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Please could I ask what hitting this target will mean.

We raise £50,000, it is given to the manager, then what?

Is that a new player, a signing on fee etc?

In other words, what’s the significance of £50k as opposed to say £25k or £75k?

Thank you.

It's probably something as mysterious as a target figure they agreed on.

WhileTheChief..
30-03-2019, 11:44 AM
From memory the £50k thing has been in place from the start.

They don’t hand over a few quid now and then, they wait until they hit £50k then hand it over and wait to raise another 50 and so on.

TiaMaria
30-03-2019, 11:58 AM

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie

James Adie

Chairman

Jim, can you change the info to a link as having difficulty finding anything on Hibs website.
Thanks

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2019, 12:03 PM
I hope this turns into a successful appeal for HSL, the fact that its being issued at the time when folk are looking for cash to renew their season tickets says to me that it probably wont be. I would love to ante up fifty quid for this, but it aint happening for that reason.

Besides, I feel that as things stand they would be far better served upping their efforts to attract regular contributors and promoting the idea that the aim is to attract folk who will continue to put money in after HSL stop being a share buying entity, which is what I'm fully committed to doing, rather than have one off appeals like this one.

That's not me being negative, just realistic, sorry guys :dunno:

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2019, 06:22 PM
York

Not sure that we would have responded in the manner that you describe. The Club do not "use the money in anyway they choose". As Leeann has once again confirmed it is given to the Manager to spend on wages and transfer fees.

Clearly we have not funded every single wage packet or every single transfer fee but we have helped towards these. If you are asking how much went to Player A's wage and how much went to players B's wage and how much went to player C's transfer fee, we can't give you that figure. If that is your question, do you feel that it is a reasonable one ?

HSL

This was your response when I asked last year-

York Hibees

We can't answer your question as we don't know. We have never asked for a detailed breakdown of how the Football Department spend our donations. Our guess is that most, if not all of our Members are happy to leave Leeann, George and Neil to make those decisions. From what we have seen on the park so far, they seem to be making good choices. As we have said on other threads, we collectively have an ownership stake in the Club, it is for the Club Executive to run the Club.

HSL

Clearly you never knew that’s why I was asking if that has now changed.... hope you feel that’s a reasonable question now ....

Jones28
30-03-2019, 06:29 PM

York Hibees

We can't answer your question as we don't know. We have never asked for a detailed breakdown of how the Football Department spend our donations. Our guess is that most, if not all of our Members are happy to leave Leeann, George and Neil to make those decisions. From what we have seen on the park so far, they seem to be making good choices. As we have said on other threads, we collectively have an ownership stake in the Club, it is for the Club Executive to run the Club.

HSL

Clearly you never knew that’s why I was asking if that has now changed.... hope you feel that’s a reasonable question now ....

I'm at a loss as to how you come to that conclusion from the response given.

malcolm
30-03-2019, 07:00 PM

York Hibees

HSL

Yep I am devastated that I don’t have confirmation that it was my contribution that paid towards Mallan’s Friday night win bonus but am content to believe that it did. :wink:

Seriously, expecting a breakdown of the proportion or whatever of a player loan/transfer/signing fee or wages that overall HSL contributions provide is unrealistic and any figures would anyway be artificial.. It may be easier to be given figures that related the contributions to the overall players budget but not sure what that would even add to amounts disclosed already. I get that some continuing engagement can be drawn from communication and that is what HSL aim to do but maybe could do it better.

Lots of odd reasons going about to justify not contributing but in reality there are only two - can’t afford or don’t want to. No need for a Heinz 57 variations of these unless they add anything constructive and all the ignorant conspiracy theory and ponzi patter sure ain’t that.

Meantime I’m just chuffed that stevie only scores to get my bonus contribution... there is so much you can do with a tenner these days!

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Yep I am devastated that I don’t have confirmation that it was my contribution that paid towards Mallan’s Friday night win bonus but am content to believe that it did. :wink:

Seriously, expecting a breakdown of the proportion or whatever of a player loan/transfer/signing fee or wages that overall HSL contributions provide is unrealistic and any figures would anyway be artificial.. It may be easier to be given figures that related the contributions to the overall players budget but not sure what that would even add to amounts disclosed already. I get that some continuing engagement can be drawn from communication and that is what HSL aim to do but maybe could do it better.

Lots of odd reasons going about to justify not contributing but in reality there are only two - can’t afford or don’t want to. No need for a Heinz 57 variations of these unless they add anything constructive and all the ignorant conspiracy theory and ponzi patter sure ain’t that.

Meantime I’m just chuffed that stevie only scores to get my bonus contribution... there is so much you can do with a tenner these days!

The question I asked last year was:

Hi apologies if I have missed it but I asked earlier on regarding the funds going towards the managers budget. Can you clarify even roughly how much of the funds go directly to transfer fees / player wages please. Say £100k was given in the last 12 months there must be some idea of how this has been deployed?

I am keen to sign up.

I was asking if the fans donate x amount let’s say £100k of that how much goes to the overall transfer fees or player wages at the club ie.

£50k went on transfer fees and wages.
£10k sport science
£20k board bonuses
£20k on east mains

The response previously quoted at the time was that HSL don’t know how the club divide the money they receive from fans.

This year I am in a similar position and was asking for clarification if they now know where the money they are asking for goes.

100% into transfer fees / wages I’m in.

Split between transfer fees, wages, CEO bonuses and manager pay offs etc I’m out.

MSK
30-03-2019, 07:29 PM

Hi apologies if I have missed it but I asked earlier on regarding the funds going towards the managers budget. Can you clarify even roughly how much of the funds go directly to transfer fees / player wages please. Say £100k was given in the last 12 months there must be some idea of how this has been deployed?

I am keen to sign up.

I was asking if the fans donate x amount let’s say £100k of that how much goes to the overall transfer fees or player wages at the club ie.

£10k sport science
£20k board bonuses
£20k on east mains

The response previously quoted at the time was that HSL don’t know how the club divide the money they receive from fans.

This year I am in a similar position and was asking for clarification if they now know where the money they are asking for goes.

Split between transfer fees, wages, CEO bonuses and manager pay offs etc I’m out.Transfer fees or wages is where Im happy at as long as it contributes to a better quality player, I think you are nit picking just for the sake of nit picking, it seems clear no matter what, you are not going to contribute

malcolm
30-03-2019, 07:52 PM

I am keen to sign up.

£10k sport science
£20k board bonuses
£20k on east mains

Split between transfer fees, wages, CEO bonuses and manager pay offs etc I’m out.

You made the bits in bold up. This is despite the information given that it goes to the playing budget - I don’t think our last manager or our current CEO actually have a player’s contract. Based on that I don’t think you actually want an artificial earmarking (which the club could give to say the spent x on player y) nor would confirmation again that it goes on the playing budget would satisfy you because you want to believe the board are misusing it. You are beyond help.

cam75
30-03-2019, 08:06 PM
I’m in next pay day 🤞I’m having lunch pre game at Easter road top prize for the winner worth the £50 .ggtth

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2019, 08:55 PM
You made the bits in bold up. This is despite the information given that it goes to the playing budget - I don’t think our last manager or our current CEO actually have a player’s contract. Based on that I don’t think you actually want an artificial earmarking (which the club could give to say the spent x on player y) nor would confirmation again that it goes on the playing budget would satisfy you because you want to believe the board are misusing it. You are beyond help.

Think you need glasses mate.

I never made any of it up, I was asking how any contributions are split and suggested examples of outgoings at the club ... the ones you have highlighted. The board would not have projected / budgeted paying off Lennon and his back room staff which is a loss that will have to be covered by the club.

I have never this year or last year when I asked the same question believed the board are misusing the money. The money will be used to the benefit of the club. The hard sell from HSL last year
was all money was straight into wages / transfer fees in their thread but when I asked HSL to confirm that this was the case they could not.

I asked again this year again that is all.

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 09:00 PM

I never made any of it up, I was asking how any contributions are split and suggested examples of outgoings at the club ... the ones you have highlighted. The board would not have projected / budgeted paying off Lennon and his back room staff which is a loss that will have to be covered by the club.

I have never this year or last year when I asked the same question believed the board are misusing the money. The money will be used to the benefit of the club. The hard sell from HSL last year
was all money was straight into wages / transfer fees in their thread but when I asked HSL to confirm that this was the case they could not.

If HSL did not exist then Lennon and Parker would still have received the same pay off that they did (assuming they got anything).

If HSL did not exist then Dempster would still have received the same bonus that she did.

Since HSL does exist, it then follows that all money raised through HSL is used to improve the team.

Bob Box Fish
30-03-2019, 09:26 PM
If HSL did not exist then Lennon and Parker would still have received the same pay off that they did (assuming they got anything).

If HSL did not exist then Dempster would still have received the same bonus that she did.

Since HSL does exist, it then follows that all money raised through HSL is used to improve the team.

Flawed logic, Hibs are a business who will look at variance / profit / loss.

berwickhibee
30-03-2019, 09:37 PM
All money raised from HSL goes directly to the managers playing budget.

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Flawed logic, Hibs are a business who will look at variance / profit / loss.

The HSL money means we can spend more on wages without making a loss, so could you explain how it is "flawed logic"?

malcolm
30-03-2019, 10:12 PM

I never made any of it up, I was asking how any contributions are split and suggests ested examples of outgoings at the club ... the ones you have highlighted. The board would not have projected / budgeted paying off Lennon and his back room staff which is a loss that will have to be covered by the club.

I can see fine and what I see is that if you asked anyone to pay into board or ceo bonuses they would see that as misuse of their funds. Suggesting that it goes into the board’s pockets is ‘making it up’ and not I think for any constructive purpose. While technically the HSL rules don’t specify what the club should do with the funds, that we are told it will go to the playing budget seems reasonable without restricting the club, i.e to the benefit of Hibs and its fans.

By making up/ suggesting outrageous usage you are sowing the seed that paying into HSL benefits the bad old board etc and not the team.

Fact is any earmarking would be nominal but some constructive communication better highlighting the benefits so far would help, what does not help is feeding the conspiracists.

matty_f
30-03-2019, 10:30 PM
I can see fine and what I see is that if you asked anyone to pay into board or ceo bonuses they would see that as misuse of their funds. Suggesting that it goes into the board’s pockets is ‘making it up’ and not I think for any constructive purpose. While technically the HSL rules don’t specify what the club should do with the funds, that we are told it will go to the playing budget seems reasonable without restricting the club, i.e to the benefit of Hibs and its fans.

By making up/ suggesting outrageous usage you are sowing the seed that paying into HSL benefits the bad old board etc and not the team.

Fact is any earmarking would be nominal but some constructive communication better highlighting the benefits so far would help, what does not help is feeding the conspiracists.

A lot comes down to semantics really.

Say HSL contribute £50k, and for argument's sake say Hibs have normal income of £1m, and costs (before player wages/transfer fees) of £0.5m, which leaves £0.5m of normal income for wages and transfer fees.

You could say that HSL's £50k goes on to the wages and fees budget and you have £550k available.

You could say that it's gone to a £50k cost included in the £0.5m normal operating costs, and the result would still be that there's £50k more available for transfer fees and wages than there would have been without the HSL money.

You could also say that the £50k goes straight to STF in the form of it making up part of the debt repayment to him, but the end result is the same - £50k more becomes available for wages and transfer fees.

I think it's too easy to get hung up on the exact wording but ultimately it's easy to see that more money in, through whatever route, means that Heckingbottom gets more to spend.

Hibs don't generally aim to run at a huge profit, there are no dividend payments to shareholders so there's no real benefit in syphoning off funds from the first team. Nobody is getting rich off Hibs, and certainly nobody is getting rich off HSL.

All that's happening with HSL is we, as a support, dilute STF and Petrie's ownership and increase the fan ownership, and at the same time raise much needed additional funds for the manager at a time when our rivals are enjoying a financial advantage over us.

It's a win/win situation - there's no downside to donating. It's very clear what you're paying into, it's very clear that the club we love benefits from the income, and we get to watch better players than we could otherwise, and at the same time secure the future of the football club.

coco mc
31-03-2019, 06:35 AM
What he said :wink:

Say HSL contribute £50k, and for argument's sake say Hibs have normal income of £1m, and costs (before player wages/transfer fees) of £0.5m, which leaves £0.5m of normal income for wages and transfer fees.

You could say that HSL's £50k goes on to the wages and fees budget and you have £550k available.

You could say that it's gone to a £50k cost included in the £0.5m normal operating costs, and the result would still be that there's £50k more available for transfer fees and wages than there would have been without the HSL money.

You could also say that the £50k goes straight to STF in the form of it making up part of the debt repayment to him, but the end result is the same - £50k more becomes available for wages and transfer fees.

I think it's too easy to get hung up on the exact wording but ultimately it's easy to see that more money in, through whatever route, means that Heckingbottom gets more to spend.

Hibs don't generally aim to run at a huge profit, there are no dividend payments to shareholders so there's no real benefit in syphoning off funds from the first team. Nobody is getting rich off Hibs, and certainly nobody is getting rich off HSL.

All that's happening with HSL is we, as a support, dilute STF and Petrie's ownership and increase the fan ownership, and at the same time raise much needed additional funds for the manager at a time when our rivals are enjoying a financial advantage over us.

It's a win/win situation - there's no downside to donating. It's very clear what you're paying into, it's very clear that the club we love benefits from the income, and we get to watch better players than we could otherwise, and at the same time secure the future of the football club.

OfficialHSL
31-03-2019, 07:40 AM

I am keen to sign up.

£10k sport science
£20k board bonuses
£20k on east mains

York Hibees

We can confirm that 100% goes into transfer fees / wages.

Are you in ?

HSL

G B Young
31-03-2019, 08:44 AM
Can't afford a £50 one-off donation at present but have been meaning to renew my monthly subscription for a while so will do so this week x

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2019, 08:50 AM
York Hibees

Are you in ?

HSL

Last year, there was talk that some HSL money had been used for player-related equipment. Whilst I have no problem with that, and I suspect most donors will be the same, could you clarify that?

Onceinawhile
31-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Last year, there was talk that some HSL money had been used for player-related equipment. Whilst I have no problem with that, and I suspect most donors will be the same, could you clarify that?

If you want to audit hsl, ask your work to tender for the accounts job.

McD
31-03-2019, 09:35 AM
York Hibees

Are you in ?

HSL

I thought it was made clear, from the launch of HSL, that all funds went directly into the transfer/wages pot...

... and with that, shares to the equivalent value were passed to HSL. New shares that diluted the existing shareholding of STF.

WhileTheChief..
31-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Years down the line and literally hundreds of posts explaining where the money goes and yet some folk still have to ask.

If you don’t get it by now you probably never will.

Keith_M
31-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Years down the line and literally hundreds of posts explaining where the money goes and yet some folk still have to ask.

Some people seem determined NOT to get it.

tamig
31-03-2019, 10:48 AM

Like someone mentioned earlier, folk trying to justify reasons not to contribute. York hibs seems to have wasted a year of not contributing.

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2019, 10:49 AM
If you want to audit hsl, ask your work to tender for the accounts job.

Which work is this?

It was a fair question.

RoYO!
31-03-2019, 10:57 AM

But what York is saying is that that has only been categorically stated very recently. Prior to that responses have been more wishy washy re exactly what happens to the money.

green day
31-03-2019, 11:06 AM
But what York is saying is that that has only been categorically stated very recently. Prior to that responses have been more wishy washy re exactly what happens to the money.

Its 4 years since the Ponzi scheme nonsense was demonstrated to be crap.

In the intervening period there have been many statements and confirmations that all the money goes to the manager for the team.

Anyone saying otherwise hasnt had their eyes or ears open.

A Hi-Bee
31-03-2019, 11:15 AM
Now that we have had definite conformation from our CEO that all monies brought in through HSL do in fact go to the manager for players I am a wee bit surprised that this statement has not got more interest.
There can be no more “what if’s, or but, what about etc, etc. The money goes to buying and keeping better quality players.
Perhaps others with perhaps a different agenda will shut up now or put up, if you can afford it then make any amount of investment into our club you know it makes sense.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2019, 11:46 AM
I couldn't give a toss what the HSL money is spent on, just so long as it benefits Hibs. If it was all earmarked for a new indoor training facility for example then that would be acceptable to me, as it would be if it was used to pay the stadium's electricity bill.

The point being that at the end of the day the money Hibs spend, no matter where its spent, is required to keep the club going and if HSL money went towards paying the bills for example surely that frees up money to spend on the team, after all no matter what our wage bill is we still have to keep the lights on or cut the grass at East Mains.

CentreLine
31-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Based on the idiotic stance taken by people refusing to accept the fact HSL money goes directly to the player budget I have just increased my contribution to HSL. Maybe that is their intention all along, to artificially create a victim culture just to wind up people like me that pay something but can probably afford a little more? 🤔

The 90+2
31-03-2019, 12:00 PM
.net looks officially onboard now so can see the bandwagon picking up strength a lot now. Perfect for us and the club. Coupled with the new fans rep and a big win it’s been a gid week and it’s goot to be..

hibbydad
31-03-2019, 12:04 PM
York Hibs gone quiet now my message to him now put your money where your mouth is

DaveF
31-03-2019, 12:26 PM
.net looks officially onboard now...

Thats quite a statement. As far as I'm aware this site has always backed HSL, too much criticism from the ponzi scheme proponents, but I'm not sure what you mean by officially on board?

hibbydad
31-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Do you mean .net making a contribution

RoYO!
31-03-2019, 01:24 PM
Its 4 years since the Ponzi scheme nonsense was demonstrated to be crap.

In the intervening period there have been many statements and confirmations that all the money goes to the manager for the team.

Anyone saying otherwise hasnt had their eyes or ears open.

Did you read the response that York received from HSL last year? I believe that response left plenty of doubt about where each penny was going. This has since been cleared up by the LD statement.

SRHibs
31-03-2019, 01:26 PM

Yes, but does the investment into the playing budget from the club itself change based on how much money HSL inputs?

hibbydad
31-03-2019, 01:27 PM
SR Hibs no

tamig
31-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Yes, but does the investment into the playing budget from the club itself change based on how much money HSL inputs?

HSL is a bonus in addition to the playing budget. Its not a substitution. I thoughtthat was fairly obvious.

green day
31-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Did you read the response that York received from HSL last year? I believe that response left plenty of doubt about where each penny was going. This has since been cleared up by the LD statement.

What? the statement that "HSL give money to Hibs to use however they deem fit"?

That one?

Jesus Christ, if people are extrapolating that into some kind of negative then they need their heads examined.

As @tamig says above, it's been blatantly obvious since day one that the HSL money (a) dilutes Farmers shareholding and (b) gives us money to spend on players/salaries/coaches or whatever.

How this is broken down is a level of micromanagement that IDGAF about, frankly, as I trust the club.

HSL tweets and press releases since day one have alluded to the cash being used to bring in players like Mallan etc.

Anyone who doesn't "get this" is either stupid, or is deliberately missing the point......

Garymcl
31-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Totally agree green day it is simple any money donated to Hsl goes one way or another towards the playing /team whatever way you call it just contribute how much you can afford it’s a great cause let’s back Hecky now so he can pick resign the best players for next season not just saying this but I really believe this guy can take us onto the next level Ggtth

OfficialHSL
01-04-2019, 03:03 PM

Cropley

We are not aware of this.

It is a matter of public record that in the last couple of years the Club has consistently increased it's spend on wages/transfer fees. While we are sure that increased gate money has helped this, all of our donations have also helped.

HSL

OfficialHSL
01-04-2019, 03:11 PM
What? the statement that "HSL give money to Hibs to use however they deem fit"?

That one?

Jesus Christ, if people are extrapolating that into some kind of negative then they need their heads examined.

As @tamig says above, it's been blatantly obvious since day one that the HSL money (a) dilutes Farmers shareholding and (b) gives us money to spend on players/salaries/coaches or whatever.

How this is broken down is a level of micromanagement that IDGAF about, frankly, as I trust the club.

HSL tweets and press releases since day one have alluded to the cash being used to bring in players like Mallan etc.

Anyone who doesn't "get this" is either stupid, or is deliberately missing the point......

Green day

Couldn't agree more.

It is frustrating that a positive initiative, designed to simply get more money to our manager develops into a three page thread over things that have been clarified many times before.

Aberdeen and Hearts are our nearest rivals and their supporters are helping their Manager to spend more money on bringing in better players. We are hoping that our supporters want to do the same. Over 2000 HSL members can see this and have donated. Please spread the word to any other supporters who could manage.

Please note that while our current initiative is inviting a one off donation of £50, we would much rather have someone join us at £10 per month.

HSL

We done it Dad
03-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Done I think.:greengrin
:flag::flag::flag:

CMurdoch
03-04-2019, 03:28 PM

:top marks

haagsehibby
03-04-2019, 04:05 PM
Ok, I've done a one off donation of £225. I still had to fill in direct debit details. I assume that there will be no more debits since I chose the one off option.

Speedway
03-04-2019, 04:07 PM
So is there a specific significance to the 50k then or just a round number to aim for?

Malthibby
03-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Ok, I've done a one off donation of £225. I still had to fill in direct debit details. I assume that there will be no more debits since I chose the one off option.

Well done that man.
GG

Bangkok Hibby
03-04-2019, 04:13 PM

Me too and still unsure about this but think I got an email at some point saying it's definitely a one off. Seems a complicated way to do things though.

Bangkok Hibby
03-04-2019, 04:16 PM
In fact looking at the £50 donation they are asking for here it seems another DD is required....AAaaarrgghh just so complicated. Or am I just an old fart who doesn't understand?

And when does the draw for the prize take place?

Leithenhibby
04-04-2019, 12:09 PM
In fact looking at the £50 donation they are asking for here it seems another DD is required....AAaaarrgghh just so complicated. Or am I just an old fart who doesn't understand?

And when does the draw for the prize take place?

Not really, just click on the 'One off payment', once you have logged in!....... Job Done.

The single payment tab also has an option to make a one-off payment...

https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

tamig
04-04-2019, 08:55 PM

The DD you’ve set up will be used for any future one-off or regular payments you choose to make. Saves the hassle of having to enter card details every time.

haagsehibby
04-04-2019, 10:16 PM
The DD you’ve set up will be used for any future one-off or regular payments you choose to make. Saves the hassle of having to enter card details every time.

Cheers! Any idea if I will be included in the draw?

tamig
04-04-2019, 10:37 PM
Cheers! Any idea if I will be included in the draw?

Yes I think everybody who chipped in £50 in this latest initiative goes into the draw.

andymcc1875
06-04-2019, 08:14 PM

James Adie

Chairman

Let’s Back Heckie

James Adie

Chairman

Dont know what else he can do so early on to persuade people to back him ive commited to a monthly fee come on the hibees!

OfficialHSL
07-04-2019, 11:40 AM
I hope this turns into a successful appeal for HSL, the fact that its being issued at the time when folk are looking for cash to renew their season tickets says to me that it probably wont be. I would love to ante up fifty quid for this, but it aint happening for that reason.

Besides, I feel that as things stand they would be far better served upping their efforts to attract regular contributors and promoting the idea that the aim is to attract folk who will continue to put money in after HSL stop being a share buying entity, which is what I'm fully committed to doing, rather than have one off appeals like this one.

That's not me being negative, just realistic, sorry guys :dunno:
Nae Nookie
We know you are not being negative as you are always supportive of HSL.
We agree with you and would welcome more regular contributors at £10pm
We hope every Hibs supporter does what they can and we will accommodate any amount just to have them on board. HSL should be open to all.

We think we have a good management Team here so please let’s get behind them.
www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

green&left
07-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Scott

We are sorry to hear this. As far as we are aware we are up to date with emails ( we don't really get many ). Would you mind trying again and also please send a pm with your details.

HSL

PM sent on the 30th March, an email sent the same day plus my 2 emails sent previously to that. 2-3 months subscription lost because no-one can answer a simply query about changing my postal address and DD date on the system?

Iggy Pope
07-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Nae Nookie
We know you are not being negative as you are always supportive of HSL.
We agree with you and would welcome more regular contributors at £10pm
We hope every Hibs supporter does what they can and we will accommodate any amount just to have them on board. HSL should be open to all.

We think we have a good management Team here so please let’s get behind them.

HSL

Probably already been asked, but are us perpetual contributors being included in the draw? I’ve been pitching £30pm for years now.

May21/05/16
07-04-2019, 02:44 PM
I've just restarted my monthly donations

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OfficialHSL
07-04-2019, 04:30 PM
Probably already been asked, but are us perpetual contributors being included in the draw? I’ve been pitching £30pm for years now.
Iggy
You make a good point. The short answer is no as we are trying to raise additional funds.

Having said this we do want to recognise donators like yourself who contribute every month. What do you think we should do ?

HSL

DaveF
07-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Iggy
You make a good point. The short answer is no as we are trying to raise additional funds.

Having said this we do want to recognise donators like yourself who contribute every month. What do you think we should do ?

HSL

Monthly prize draws for regular contributors.

Could hibs supporting businesses be asked to donate prizes plus the club themselves offering up some gifts.

roo62
07-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Could HSL not have a monthly prize draw - for example £500 to try to encourage new members / reward existing subscribers?

wallpaperman
07-04-2019, 05:01 PM
Could HSL not have a monthly prize draw - for example £500 to try to encourage new members / reward existing subscribers?

I don't want anything back for my (fairly modest) monthly donation to the cause. To take back £500 from the monthly total would be a bit daft to me.

ahibby
07-04-2019, 05:07 PM
That's me made the donation asked for. Intend to be a full member before the start of next season.

tamig
07-04-2019, 05:10 PM

I wouldn’t want any cash taken from the HSL pot. As someone else mentioned, if some prizes could be donated from Hibs minded businesses - or even the club - there could be a monthly draw or something.
In saying that, I don’t really care. I just want my money to help the team.

Capt Mainwaring
07-04-2019, 05:47 PM
I make regular monthly contributions through Direct Debit. Not fussed whether I’m included in any monthly draw or not- my purpose is to help support the playing budget.
I buy a Happy Hibby ticket for a prize draw

No question Hearts and Aberdeen have a financial advantage with their respective contribution schemes. I’d like to think that Hibs fans who can afford it, can compete with this.

hibbybob
07-04-2019, 06:26 PM
I don't think that money should be diverted to fund monthly prizes but I do think that "money can't buy" prizes such as visits to HTC or meeting players would help raise the profile of HSL and encourage membership.

Lancs Harp
07-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Just joined, I cant buy a season ticket these days as I simply miss far too any matches due to distance, so its next best thing to help financially. It says even though I selected a one off payment I still have to stop the DD after the sum has cleared? That right? Ive read alot of posts regarding HSL and payments, it could be simplified and clarified a little more.

OfficialHSL
09-04-2019, 08:50 PM
I make regular monthly contributions through Direct Debit. Not fussed whether I’m included in any monthly draw or not- my purpose is to help support the playing budget.
I buy a Happy Hibby ticket for a prize draw

No question Hearts and Aberdeen have a financial advantage with their respective contribution schemes. I’d like to think that Hibs fans who can afford it, can compete with this.
Captain
Couldn’t agree more.
While we are looking for one off donations of £50 to give a little boost to the budget our primary goal is to get every Hibs fan on board, contributing what they can.
Clearly there are 000’s out there who are not yet convinced and don’t realise that our Manager will have less funds at his disposal next year unless we try and do something about it.

If you already donate please do what you can to encourage a fellow Hibbee to join. If you don’t currently donate, please join us at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk. Please remember to only donate if you have the spare funds to do so,

HSL

04Sauzee
09-04-2019, 09:11 PM
Captain
Couldn’t agree more.
While we are looking for one off donations of £50 to give a little boost to the budget our primary goal is to get every Hibs fan on board, contributing what they can.
Clearly there are 000’s out there who are not yet convinced and don’t realise that our Manager will have less funds at his disposal next year unless we try and do something about it.

If you already donate please do what you can to encourage a fellow Hibbee to join. If you don’t currently donate, please join us at www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk. Please remember to only donate if you have the spare funds to do so,

HSL
I'm guessing HSL can't do bucket collections before a game on in the concourse during a game as they aren't a charity? Can they not have a point in the concourse on matchdays for signups or for one off contributions?

matty_f
09-04-2019, 09:16 PM
There have been some great prizes in the last year or so, iirc European trips etc.

I'm sure that we all want the strongest possible Hibs team on the pitch on any given matchday, and that comes at a price - and then it's down to the support to decide what part we play in that.

There is clearly the argument that says we have a wealthy owner, so why should the ordinary punter dip into their pockets to raise funds that could be raised very quickly by STF? From day one of his time owning the club, STF has been clear that he's not in it to chase glory - he wanted us to have a club to support that stood on its own two feet.

Despite that, it's evident that STF has funded the club at times, and that he's written off sums that were loaned to the club.

We have an opportunity to safeguard the club for generations to come, to take the club into the hands of the support and at the same time improve our chances of having more days like 21/05/16.

Why would anyone not want to be part of that?

matty_f
09-04-2019, 09:47 PM
Is £50 too much for some folk? Wonder if there would have been more take up with a lower amount?

kennedy
10-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Scott

HSL

I have tried to donate the £50 for over a week now without success. As I have lost my password I have asked for it to be reset and there has been no response. I have also tried to make the donation without a membership but I get the reply that my email address is already registered ( will be mine) and I need to use an alternative email address. 3 emails have been sent to rectify but still no reply.

We done it Dad
10-04-2019, 09:42 AM
I have tried to donate the £50 for over a week now without success. As I have lost my password I have asked for it to be reset and there has been no response. I have also tried to make the donation without a membership but I get the reply that my email address is already registered ( will be mine) and I need to use an alternative email address. 3 emails have been sent to rectify but still no reply.

I also emailed them using the link but not had reply.
But think I managed to make a donation.
I also tried to start paying monthly but don't think that has gone through.
Will try again soon.

Diclonius
10-04-2019, 09:54 AM
I'll soon be in a position where I can make more of a contribution, which I will do shortly.

However, one small question - I completed my initial monthly payments for a "share" some time ago (around 2 or so years) but never recieved a certificate. Is this normal or should I have got one?

Godsahibby
10-04-2019, 09:56 AM

I’m also having the same problems with my password and no luck with the password reset option or responses to my emails.

DaveF
10-04-2019, 10:01 AM
The last few posts make for quite depressing reading as far as HSL go.

I appreciate time and effort is required but it isn't a good message when a pickup in donations is what is being asked for.

Pagan Hibernia
10-04-2019, 10:05 AM
I'll soon be in a position where I can make more of a contribution, which I will do shortly.

However, one small question - I completed my initial monthly payments for a "share" some time ago (around 2 or so years) but never recieved a certificate. Is this normal or should I have got one?

option to download certificate when you log in to your own personal section on the website

DC_Hibs
10-04-2019, 10:09 AM
had problems setting up my monthly payment initially which got resolved then after a few months payments collected as expected I then got
an email saying it had failed again so have given up.

The issues weren’t at my end. Will be a fair few others have had similar problems and given up costing donations.

Pagan Hibernia
10-04-2019, 10:10 AM
The last few posts make for quite depressing reading as far as HSL go.

I appreciate time and effort is required but it isn't a good message when a pickup in donations is what is being asked for.

It certainly is depressing. I thought HSL had improved a lot in this regard, and they probably have, but these posts show that there is still serious problems with communication, which at the end of the day is costing the club money. I joined up last year but that was after about 12 months of messages where I got no reply. So that’s 12 months of possible donations from me that they missed
out on. And this seems to be replicated all over the place.

hopefully Official HSL can answer these queries.

And this is is nothing personal because I’m a huge fan of HSL and it’s aims and I want to see it work.

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Signed up

InchHibby
10-04-2019, 10:21 AM
I couldn't give a toss what the HSL money is spent on, just so long as it benefits Hibs. If it was all earmarked for a new indoor training facility for example then that would be acceptable to me, as it would be if it was used to pay the stadium's electricity bill.

The point being that at the end of the day the money Hibs spend, no matter where its spent, is required to keep the club going and if HSL money went towards paying the bills for example surely that frees up money to spend on the team, after all no matter what our wage bill is we still have to keep the lights on or cut the grass at East Mains.
👍

Garymcl
10-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Think the guys at Hsl are doing a great job but can they up the anti a bit ie have stalls in the concourse under the stands on Matchday please forgive guys if this has already been brought up Ggtth by the way I’ve been donating since the start all the best

Bangkok Hibby
10-04-2019, 11:47 AM

I've mentioned this before. It's a difficult site to negotiate. Utterly confusing at times, certainly to those of us who need to protect the few brain cells we have left.

Iggy Pope
10-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Iggy

HSL

I’d like dinner with Paul n Robbie but I’ll settle for the short answer.
Understood.

OfficialHSL
10-04-2019, 03:00 PM
I’d like dinner with Paul n Robbie but I’ll settle for the short answer.
Understood.
Iggy
Think you may have misunderstood, it was a serious question. We can do some kind of Draw for regular contributors as this is the very least we can do to show our appreciation. Some issues we would need to sort are :
- How often
- open to who ? All regular donators or only above a certain level
- separate draws or automatically included in every second draw ?

What do you think ?

Will check with Hecky to see if he fancies a date with you.

HSL

Ronniekirk
10-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Pay monthly but will give the one off Donation being requested Less than a nights Bevy Money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
10-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Iggy
Think you may have misunderstood, it was a serious question. We can do some kind of Draw for regular contributors as this is the very least we can do to show our appreciation. Some issues we would need to sort are :
- How often
- open to who ? All regular donators or only above a certain level
- separate draws or automatically included in every second draw ?

What do you think ?

Will check with Hecky to see if he fancies a date with you.

HSL

I understood your response and said so. I had asked a question. You answered.
Odd subsequent response from you though my friend and the last bit sounded a bit patronising so I’d ask that you pack it in.

In other matters I’m sure you and your team have plenty of ideas about continuing to promote HSL to new and existing contributors. The last I recall was the European away draws when you had one to attract new and then another for everyone (?). Whatever you do, do it without introducing any sort of tier levels like you’ve mentioned on the second bullet point here. Let’s not drive barriers amongst the support or contributors. Look what happened when the whole HSL Loyalty Points bonus kicked off for instance.

Good luck with the latest initiative.

Stuart93
10-04-2019, 03:29 PM
I understood your response and said so. I had asked a question. You answered.
Odd subsequent response from you though my friend and the last bit sounded a bit patronising so I’d ask that you pack it in.

In other matters I’m sure you and your team have plenty of ideas about continuing to promote HSL to new and existing contributors. The last I recall was the European away draws when you had one to attract new and then another for everyone (?). Whatever you do, do it without introducing any sort of tier levels like you’ve mentioned on the second bullet point here. Let’s not drive barriers amongst the support or contributors. Look what happened when the whole HSL Loyalty Points bonus kicked off for instance.

Good luck with the latest initiative.

Patronising? I must be missing the part where it sounded patronising in the slightest

matty_f
10-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Patronising? I must be missing the part where it sounded patronising in the slightest

Yeah I never read it as patronising at all, it read to me like HSL were just asking for some input - I didn't read an ulterior motive in at all.

Iggy Pope
10-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Yeah I never read it as patronising at all, it read to me like HSL were just asking for some input - I didn't read an ulterior motive in at all.

I replied that I understood the earlier response to my very pertinent question. I hadn’t misunderstood anything.
I found the last bit on another subsequent reply patronising. Just me though. Nowt for you to worry about Matty and I never once suggested an ulterior motive so Christ knows where you are getting that from. Unless it’s from the fellah before your post but I can’t read that as I’m ignoring him.

matty_f
10-04-2019, 03:47 PM
I replied that I understood the earlier response to my very pertinent question. I hadn’t misunderstood anything.
I found the last bit on another subsequent reply patronising. Just me though. Nowt for you to worry about Matty and I never once suggested an ulterior motive so Christ knows where you are getting that from. Unless it’s from the fellah before your post but I can’t read that as I’m ignoring him.

The ulterior motive would have been to patronise you, I was just making the point that I didn't think that was the intention of the post at all. :aok:

Iggy Pope
10-04-2019, 03:50 PM
The ulterior motive would have been to patronise you, I was just making the point that I didn't think that was the intention of the post at all. :aok:

Fine.

OfficialHSL
10-04-2019, 03:54 PM
I've mentioned this before. It's a difficult site to negotiate. Utterly confusing at times, certainly to those of us who need to protect the few brain cells we have left.
Bangkok
We have identified a problem with this and alerted our we developer, we are sorry about this.
Would you mind sending a pm with your details.
HSL

Bangkok Hibby
10-04-2019, 04:15 PM
Bangkok
We have identified a problem with this and alerted our we developer, we are sorry about this.
HSL

PM sent

Bangkok Hibby
11-04-2019, 07:03 AM
And it gets worse, sent my bank details via pm and got an email last night asking me to authorise the £50 which I did. This morning I have an email telling me the payment has been cancelled. I assume HSL have tried to take the £50 from the DD that was set up to pay the £225. I cancelled that DD because it was so unclear if more money would be taken.

Composed a PM a few minutes ago which won't send because their inbox is full!

HSL I won't even try again until you make it much easier to make one off payments...paypal for example

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Bangkok
HSL

Hi HSL
What’s your take on some of that content over on the £100k CCTV and Dugs thread with people threatening to withdraw funds?
Joint statement of reassurance maybe? Let people know their money isn’t being spent on ‘safety’?

G B Young
11-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Is £50 too much for some folk? Wonder if there would have been more take up with a lower amount?

For me £50 is too much at present although I have donated a smaller amount and plan to revive my direct debit when I circumstance allow.

As you say, a bigger take-up with a lower amount might not initially raise as much money but it might encourage more folk to keep donating consistently and possibly give more at a time when they can afford it.

Malthibby
11-04-2019, 04:22 PM
For me £50 is too much at present although I have donated a smaller amount and plan to revive my direct debit when I circumstance allow.

As you say, a bigger take-up with a lower amount might not initially raise as much money but it might encourage more folk to keep donating consistently and possibly give more at a time when they can afford it.

Every little helps.
GG

matty_f
11-04-2019, 04:39 PM
Hi HSL
What’s your take on some of that content over on the £100k CCTV and Dugs thread with people threatening to withdraw funds?
Joint statement of reassurance maybe? Let people know their money isn’t being spent on ‘safety’?

I don't think it needs a statement - Hibs are spending £100k on the CCTV system. They've already promised all HSL funds will go to Heckingbottom, there's effectively just less money from normal trading available to him.

It's a shame the people threatening to withdraw their donations don't see that.

The money is going to get spent on the CCTV anyway - how big an impact that has on the playing budget is largely influenced by donations.

Danderhall Hibs
11-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Hi HSL

What side of bed did you get out of this morning?!

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 06:05 PM
I don't think it needs a statement - Hibs are spending £100k on the CCTV system. They've already promised all HSL funds will go to Heckingbottom, there's effectively just less money from normal trading available to him.

It's a shame the people threatening to withdraw their donations don't see that.

The money is going to get spent on the CCTV anyway - how big an impact that has on the playing budget is largely influenced by donations.

Only asked the fellah for his take. I’m not threatening to withdraw my donations. You’re quick to respond again Matty.

matty_f
11-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Only asked the fellah for his take. I’m not threatening to withdraw my donations. You’re quick to respond again Matty.

Was just my opinion, chief. The speed of response was pot luck as it was just the thread I was on in-between pushing my daughter on the swings at the park :greengrin

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Was just my opinion, chief. The speed of response was pot luck as it was just the thread I was on in-between pushing my daughter on the swings at the park :greengrin

Not so much the speed, let the man reply. Respect you have an opinion and you’ve replied to two of mine, same thread. I’m sure he can speak.

matty_f
11-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Not so much the speed, let the man reply. Respect you have an opinion and you’ve replied to two of mine, same thread. I’m sure he can speak.

I'm sure my post won't stop HSL putting forward their views.

BroxburnHibee
11-04-2019, 06:42 PM

If you don't like others responding then perhaps a PM might have been a better option?

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 06:43 PM
I'm sure my post won't stop HSL putting forward their views.

Good Matty as this is the only place I get their views.

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 06:45 PM
If you don't like others responding then perhaps a PM might have been a better option?

Don’t mind others responding at all. Same poster responding to direct responses twice seems like spokesman territory though. Anyway, I’ve asked a question, hopefully HSL will offer a view. I’m interested.

Bangkok Hibby
11-04-2019, 06:53 PM

Tried that already today. HSL inbox is full

Forgive me for answering on someone else's behalf 😀

matty_f
11-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Don’t mind others responding at all. Same poster responding to direct responses twice seems like spokesman territory though. Anyway, I’ve asked a question, hopefully HSL will offer a view. I’m interested.

I know I'm replying again so shooting my own point in the foot at the same time, but two posts is hardly spokesman territory!

For the avoidance of doubt, my posts on here are (as always) my own and not the site's or HSL's or anyone else's.

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Tried that already today. HSL inbox is full

Forgive me for answering on someone else's behalf 😀

Get a thread started telling him his Inbox is full!

OfficialHSL
11-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Hi HSL
Iggy
It is of course disappointing to hear about Members withdrawing their financial support as a result of a Club decision.
There are a few things to note here. We are not a campaign group. We have a simple objective of trying to raise extra money to give to our Manager to spend on players. That’s what we do and Leeann has confirmed on many occasions that this is where our donations go. I believe that the Fan Reps on the Board have also confirmed this. It follows therefore that if any of ourMembers choose to stop donating that Paul will have less money available than he would have otherwise.
It is also important to note that Fan Ownership does not mean Fan run. The Club executive and the Board are charged with the responsibility of running the Club and I’m sure that most people would agree that no matter what level of ownership stake we achieve we do not want fans “running” the Club.
Fans donations are voluntary and it comes from their hard earned money so we must fully respect their right to do with it as they see fit.

HSL

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Iggy
It is of course disappointing to hear about Members withdrawing their financial support as a result of a Club decision.
There are a few things to note here. We are not a campaign group. We have a simple objective of trying to raise extra money to give to our Mansfer to spend on players. That’s what we do and Leeann has confirmed on many occasions that this is where our donations go. I believe that the ZFan Reps on the Board have also confirmed this. It follows therefore that if any of ourMembers choose to stop donating that Paul will have less money available than he would have otherwise.
It is also important to note that Fan Ownership does not mean Fan run. The Club executive and the Board are charged with the responsibility of running the Club and I’m sure that most people would agree that no matter what level of ownership stake we achieve we do not want fans “running” the Club.
Fans donations are voluntary and it comes from their hard earned money so we must fully respect their right to do with it as they see fit.

HSL

Thanks.
HSL are no campaign group and I doubt anyone would want it to be, but must be pretty close to the club and it’s machinations. We have the current custodians and have to trust them I don’t doubt. But contributors are bound to query revelations like we have had today. Human nature that an element of doubt springs to mind. If they announced a new chandelier for the West foyer tomorrow you’d get the same.
Note that folk don’t talk so much now about how their Season Ticket money is getting spent....there was a time it was the go-to protest.
How about this ....we spent HSL money on McGinn and now the McGinn money is gone on sniffer dogs....?

OfficialHSL
11-04-2019, 08:10 PM

GB
This is a very good point and I have passed this to my fellow Directors to see if we could open up the draw for smaller donations. Watch this space.
HSL

DaveF
11-04-2019, 08:17 PM
Thanks.
HSL are no campaign group and I doubt anyone would want it to be, but must be pretty close to the club and it’s machinations. We have the current custodians and have to trust them I don’t doubt. But contributors are bound to query revelations like we have had today. Human nature that an element of doubt springs to mind. If they announced a new chandelier for the West foyer tomorrow you’d get the same.
Note that folk don’t talk so much now about how their Season Ticket money is getting spent....there was a time it was the go-to protest.
How about this ....we spent HSL money on McGinn and now the McGinn money is gone on sniffer dogs....?

Think you are being more than a bit unfair here Iggy.

There is only so many times that HSL can say the money they take in goes on the player budget. If the club decide to do something else with their money, it can't be taken out on HSL.

Add to that, there is absolutely no connection at all (other than idle conjecture) that this CCTV dough has made any sort of dent in the HSL funds that have been handed over.

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Think you are being more than a bit unfair here Iggy.

There is only so many times that HSL can say the money they take in goes on the player budget. If the club decide to do something else with their money, it can't be taken out on HSL.

Add to that, there is absolutely no connection at all (other than idle conjecture) that this CCTV dough has made any sort of dent in the HSL funds that have been handed over.

Agreed on the last bit.

OfficialHSL
11-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Thanks.
Clearly Iggy we could take things to the nth degree but by doing so we are being distracted from the real issue of what we at HSL are trying to do, get more money to Paul and Robbie. We want to once again make it very clear that anyone choosing to donate to HSL can be assure that their money is going on players, and nothing else.
It should be noted that we have not received any notifications from Go Cardless of any cancellations in the last few days.

HSL

Iggy Pope
11-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Clearly Iggy we could take things to the nth degree but by doing so we are being distracted from the real issue of what we at HSL are trying to do, get more money to Paul and Robbie. We want to once again make it very clear that anyone choosing to donate to HSL can be assure that their money is going on players, and nothing else.
It should be noted that we have not received any notifications from Go Cardless of any cancellations in the last few days.

HSL

That’s good. And thanks again for responding. If there are cancellations though, it would be of interest to contributors and I’m sure, to the club as to the reasons why. I know Hearts and their much vaunted scheme tend to bury bad news about ‘cancellers’.

ozhibs
12-04-2019, 01:56 AM

I'm having the same problem, we did a group donation from the Australia Branch But I want to make a one off overseas donation.
Should have kept my mouth shut, I just went in and it worked :-)
GGTTH

tamig
12-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Thanks.

I’m not sure how many times it has to be said where the HSL money goes. I’m not sure why there would be any questions being asked by regular contributors just because the club announces it’s going to spend money on something else. Not HSL money which is used for a clear purpose.

Iggy Pope
12-04-2019, 08:08 PM
I’m not sure how many times it has to be said where the HSL money goes. I’m not sure why there would be any questions being asked by regular contributors just because the club announces it’s going to spend money on something else. Not HSL money which is used for a clear purpose.

You’re not sure right, got that. Questions clearly have been asked though whether you are sure about it or not.
Regular contributors, I suppose, can ask what’s happening to their money whenever the **** they choose. I’ll do it as much as I care to and it wouldn’t always have to be here, but here is where HSL seem to be most engaging.
Anyway we’ve moved on a bit since the post you quoted and the HSL voice on here has given his answer, to what I thought, was a fair and open question. Post #123.

tamig
12-04-2019, 08:34 PM
You’re not sure right, got that. Questions clearly have been asked though whether you are sure about it or not.
Regular contributors, I suppose, can ask what’s happening to their money whenever the **** they choose. I’ll do it as much as I care to and it wouldn’t always have to be here, but here is where HSL seem to be most engaging.
Anyway we’ve moved on a bit since the post you quoted and the HSL voice on here has given his answer, to what I thought, was a fair and open question. Post #123.

Whatever. Why the need to ask any question when the answer is right there in the OP? What a load of nonsense.

1875STEVE
12-04-2019, 09:32 PM
Iggy

HSL

Maybe a monthly draw, that everyone is automatically entered into that is a member, signed strip? signed ball? there's loads of stuff available through the shop, from training tops, scarfs, hats, a gnome? to a watch etc? if a new item comes out? be good advertisement for the new item?

match tkts (home and away).

Hospitality tkts?

Stadium tour? (for winner plus a few mates)

East Mains tour? (for winner plus a few mates)

Maybe pick 2 or 3 members every month to win? (like happy hibby = ie 1st prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize)

That way it's not a massive outlay for the club/hsl, but keeps folk interested.

Power
12-04-2019, 09:38 PM
Good shout from Steve.

Thanks for the reminder, will get something sent over the morn - meant to after last weekend!

oldbutdim
12-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Delighted to say that my fifty quid made its way to the correct destination.
I’m happy for that and my monthly 18.75 to be invested as per the assurances given.
Maybe I’m just too trusting.

I do find the constant sniping and bitching about HSL to be quite irritating to be honest.
The sheer weight of negativity probably stops a load of Hibs fans chucking in an affordable amount.

Whae’s like us eh?

CraigHibee
13-04-2019, 06:33 AM
Quite happy to donate money after I've been paid, all for a fantastic cause imo and if it helps us push forward then I'm all for it

DaveF
13-04-2019, 07:36 AM
I’m happy for that and my monthly 18.75 to be invested as per the assurances given.

I do find the constant sniping and bitching about HSL to be quite irritating to be honest.
The sheer weight of negativity probably stops a load of Hibs fans chucking in an affordable amount.

Whae’s like us eh?

Absolutely spot on.

Did York hibs ever appear again after getting his numerous assurances?

kennedy
13-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Absolutely spot on.

Was wondering about that, maybe just wanted a moan like many others on this thread. I was contacted last night from HSL with apologies about my problem with donating my £50. They sent a link through GoCardless and the donation has now been made.

Just need the password reset to get fixed now, although they admitted that there are a few problems and will be contacting the web developer.

Iggy Pope
13-04-2019, 08:30 AM
Whatever. Why the need to ask any question when the answer is right there in the OP? What a load of nonsense.

Whae’s like us eh?

Absolutely spot on.

All
I asked HSL what they thought of the likelihood of people withdrawing because of (things like) the new security costs. HSL guy was on this thread you see, not the Sniffer Dog one.

You might see it as sniping, bitching nonsense, I don’t.
I got his answers.
It seems that the point in question might stop some contributors to the scheme. That’s written in these very pages.
I doubt a few words on here stops new contributors any more than the dross they read on match days stops them going to games.

Im continuing to contribute to HSL as I have done, since the start, with the odd complaint. I suppose I trust them that much.

The 90+2
13-04-2019, 08:45 AM
All
I asked HSL what they thought of the likelihood of people withdrawing because of (things like) the new security costs. HSL guy was on this thread you see, not the Sniffer Dog one.

You might see it as sniping, bitching nonsense, I don’t.
I got his answers.
It seems that the point in question might stop some contributors to the scheme. That’s written in these very pages.
I doubt a few words on here stops new contributors any more than the dross they read on match days stops them going to games.

Im continuing to contribute to HSL as I have done, since the start, with the odd complaint. I suppose I trust them that much.

There’s massive bitching and unfounded negativity over every HSL thread. Always an excuse for some. This is something we should be united with.

Gerard
13-04-2019, 09:10 AM
If we want our club to be successful it is important that HSL succeeds.Rangers and Aberdeen are clubs thatare getting substantial funds form their fans. The money that HSL has given to Hibs can be the difference from our club being able to get a quality player that we would not have been able to afford without HSL money.

Eyrie
13-04-2019, 09:32 AM

People can say anything on here, particularly if they're letting off steam.

In this case it assumes that they are contributing in the first place and, if they are, that they then go on to cancel. HSL has already reassured us that no cancellations have been notified.

barcahibs
13-04-2019, 10:58 AM
Just like to point out a counter argument to those who want a forensic examination of HSL's contributions and a lengthy debate about whether training cones constitute a football expense.

A long as it's spent on Hibs, I don't give a XXXX what HSL spend my contribution on. Lightbulbs for the boardroom, diesel for the team bus, a new kettle for the tea room, training cones for the coaches or biscuits for the sniffer dogs. What does it matter? As long as its a covering a club cost then money that would have been spent on that cost can now be spent on the team.

I've never understood the need to compartmentalise where money goes - unless you really believe Rod has been burying fivers under the old car park.

tamig
13-04-2019, 11:12 AM
Just like to point out a counter argument to those who want a forensic examination of HSL's contributions and a lengthy debate about whether training cones constitute a football expense.

A long as it's spent on Hibs, I don't give a XXXX what HSL spend my contribution on. Lightbulbs for the boardroom, diesel for the team bus, a new kettle for the tea room, training cones for the coaches or biscuits for the sniffer dogs. What does it matter? As long as its a covering a club cost then money that would have been spent on that cost can now be spent on the team.

I've never understood the need to compartmentalise where money goes - unless you really believe Rod has been burying fivers under the old car park.
The CEO has made it clear that HSL cash goes to funding player contracts and transfer fees.

OfficialHSL
13-04-2019, 04:16 PM

Whae’s like us eh?
oldbutdim
We could not agree more. If you are irritated imagine how your Directors feel.
Clearly if we get things wrong it is only right that we are told and do our best to do better. What is not helping is misinformation. There are constantly things posted here that are not correct and it creates a narrative that is damaging. It’s not just the “ponzi” claims that hurt but many other things that suggest we are doing something wrong when in fact it’s nothing other than a personal preference or perhaps some who are not too good with technology.
We should always remember that HSL is not a mystic third party, it is you and all your fellow Members that own this Company that is the second biggest shareholder in the Club.
HSL is a good news story. We have the best supporter scheme when you compare us to Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. We have a super opportunity here to do great things with our Club so come on everyone get behind us and help our new Manager. Even if you can’t afford to donate a one off £50 to be included in the draw why not donate £25 or better still donate monthly from just £7.73.

HSL

Bangkok Hibby
14-04-2019, 10:23 AM
oldbutdim
Clearly if we get things wrong it is only right that we are told and do our best to do better. What is not helping is misinformation. There are constantly things posted here that are not correct and it creates a narrative that is damaging. It’s not just the “ponzi” claims that hurt but many other things that suggest we are doing something wrong when in fact it’s nothing other than a personal preference or perhaps some who are not too good with technology.
We should always remember that HSL is not a mystic third party, it is you and all your fellow Members that own this Company that is the second biggest shareholder in the Club.
HSL is a good news story. We have the best supporter scheme when you compare us to Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen. We have a super opportunity here to do great things with our Club so come on everyone get behind us and help our new Manager. Even if you can’t afford to donate a one off £50 to be included in the draw why not donate £25 or better still donate monthly from just £7.73.

HSL

Pretty sure this applies to me (maybe amongst others) anyway I was ashamed enough to go back in and get it sorted. Just make sure I'm in the draw HSL :thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
17-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Pretty sure this applies to me (maybe amongst others) anyway I was ashamed enough to go back in and get it sorted. Just make sure I'm in the draw HSL :thumbsup:

Excellent, you got there in the end.

PERSEVERE 💚

The 90+2
17-04-2019, 12:42 PM
oldbutdim

HSL

7.73? Wasn’t that Ian Murray’s haircut about 20 years ago 👍

SteveHFC
19-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Anyone else get the email today from HSL.

Quite cheeky tbh.

JohnM1875
19-04-2019, 03:18 PM

Quite cheeky tbh.

Yup. And feel the same way to be honest. I'm already donating as much as my budget allows me.

matty_f
19-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Quite cheeky tbh.

Really?

In what way is it cheeky?

Not necessarily aimed at you but from the outside it looks like folk go out their way to try and find an angle to moan about HSL.

I am an HSL member, I got the email as well and didn't see anything wrong with it at all.

Pagan Hibernia
19-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Really?

Not necessarily aimed at you but from the outside it looks like folk go out their way to try and find an angle to moan about HSL.

I am an HSL member, I got the email as well and didn't see anything wrong with it at all.

I didn’t see anything wrong with it either. They couldn’t be any clearer that people should only donate if they can afford it.

when they don’t do this type of thing people complain that they’re too passive. When they do they’re cheeky. Can’t win.

Pagan Hibernia
19-04-2019, 03:32 PM
Yup. And feel the same way to be honest. I'm already donating as much as my budget allows me.

nobody wants you to donate more than you can afford mate.

tamig
19-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Really?

Just read the email and the only thing I could criticise is the PS at the end. I paid the £50 not long after reading about the latest initiative on here so they could have made reference to that earlier in the email rather than tagging it on at the end. Not a big deal though.

OfficialHSL
19-04-2019, 06:48 PM

Quite cheeky tbh.

Steve

We are really sorry that you found our email cheeky.

We want to improve our communications so would be most grateful if you could be more specific ? We want to get this right to avoid any negative narrative developing around HSL.

HSL

TiaMaria
19-04-2019, 07:21 PM
I didn’t see anything wrong with it either. They couldn’t be any clearer that people should only donate if they can afford it.

when they don’t do this type of thing people complain that they’re too passive. When they do they’re cheeky. Can’t win.
This. Wish there was a like button on here!

OfficialHSL
19-04-2019, 07:36 PM
Steve
We are sorry that you found our email cheeky. We were simply trying to provide a gentle reminder to our Members. We try very hard on every message to ensure that only those who can comfortable afford to donate do so. We appreciate and value the existing donations already being made by those such as yourself.

HSL

scott_hfc1875
19-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Just signed up!

JimBHibees
19-04-2019, 07:46 PM

Quite cheeky tbh.

:faf:

eastterrace
19-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Just signed up!welcome aboard:aok:

DaveF
19-04-2019, 07:48 PM
Steve
We are sorry that you found our email cheeky. We were simply trying to provide a gentle reminder to our Members. We try very hard on every message to ensure that only those who can comfortable afford to donate do so. We appreciate and value the existing donations already being made by those such as yourself.

HSL

There is nothing you can do. The people who want to whinge and complain will do so regardless.

Anyway where is my email. I never got one :-D

Jones28
19-04-2019, 08:14 PM
Steve

HSL

HSL,

I got your email and would be delighted to be in a position to donate more, but unfortunately can't at this point in time.

Please continue your good work, and to communicate more with those on your database. Many people will be in such a position to make a one-off donation but it may have slipped their mind - it took me 4 or 5 reminders from marketing communications and thread on Hibs.net to eventually sign up.

Again, keep up the good work.

1875STEVE
19-04-2019, 10:48 PM

100% spot on.

Some folk seem desperate to find an angle to either bash them or a reason not to sign up.

Just come out and say I won't be signing up, not for me, instead of looking for ways to put others off. (These will be the same folk who will then complain about the club and it's ambition if Hearts and Aberdeen start leaving us behind and bring in better standard of players).

I for one didn't find the email cheeky at all.

JohnM1875
20-04-2019, 12:13 AM
100% spot on.

Some folk seem desperate to find an angle to either bash them or a reason not to sign up.

Just come out and say I won't be signing up, not for me, instead of looking for ways to put others off. (These will be the same folk who will then complain about the club and it's ambition if Hearts and Aberdeen start leaving us behind and bring in better standard of players).

Just because you didn't find it cheeky doesn't mean others didn't.

I'm not looking for any angle to bash HSL, I've been signed up for ages now and if I thought it was a rubbish cause I wouldn't have bothered signing up at all. So I won't be coming out and saying 'I won't be signing up, not for me'

The email, I'm assuming, only went out to folk who have signed up for HSL. So I'm well aware of the cause. And as I stated above I pay as much as my wage allows monthly.

Hibs98
20-04-2019, 12:21 AM
100% spot on.

That’s exactly the point. Too many people are looking for reasons not to join. The same people will be on here moaning when hearts and the sheep are leaving us in their wake due to their fans not making pathetic excuses not to put money into their club. If you can afford it then you should be paying up.

1875STEVE
20-04-2019, 12:37 AM
Just because you didn't find it cheeky doesn't mean others didn't.

I'm not looking for any angle to bash HSL, I've been signed up for ages now and if I thought it was a rubbish cause I wouldn't have bothered signing up at all. So I won't be coming out and saying 'I won't be signing up, not for me'

The email, I'm assuming, only went out to folk who have signed up for HSL. So I'm well aware of the cause. And as I stated above I pay as much as my wage allows monthly.

Yes and that's why i said "I for one didn't"

I also wasn't talking about you, it was an "in general " post about the whole thing. So apologies if you thought i was having a go

Listen i fully understand people can't afford it or don't want to put money in, fair play to them, that's their choice.

Im not putting insane amounts in, £10 a month. Imagine 10,000 fans putting tht in, the difference it would make?

But for folk to attack them, with the same old stuff, everytime they come on here, even though they have, IMO, addressed, on numerous occasions, the problems folk have with it and the bull***** claims about it, is boring.

It's other Hibs fans, in their own spare time, for free, trying to raise funds for the manager/club.

It aint no ponzi scheme, tom farmer isn't using the payments to book holiday's to barbados, it's no going towards debt, it's going in the managers budget, and the HSL gets shares in return. It's that simple.

The strangest thing for me is, folk want farmer out, then attack a set-up that's designed to dilute his shareholding, claiming he gets the money. :dunno:

When in actual fact that's what SHOULD happen, he gets bought out.......

He's letting his shareholding be diluted and not making a penny.

JohnM1875
20-04-2019, 12:45 AM
Yes and that's why i said "I for one didn't"

I also wasn't talking about you, it was an "in general " post about the whole thing. So apologies if you thought i was having a go

Listen i fully understand people can't afford it or don't want to put money in, fair play to them, that's there choice.

Im not putting insane amounts in, £10 a month. Imagine 10,000 fans putting tht in, the difference it would make?

But for folk to attack them, with the same old stuff, everytime they come on here, even though they have, IMO, addressed, on numerous occasions, the problems folk have with it and the bull***** claims about it, is boring.

It's guys, in their own spare time, trying to raise funds for the manager/club.

It aint no ponzi scheme, tom farmer isn't using the payments to book holiday's to barbados, it's no going towards debt, it's going in the managers budget, and the HSL gets shares in return. It's that simple.

The strangest thing for me is, folk want farmer out, then attack a set-up that's designed to dilute his shareholding, claiming he gets the money. :dunno:

When in actual fact that's what SHOULD happen, he gets bought out.......

He's letting his shareholding be diluted and not making a penny.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm always trying to get my mates to sign up and get hit with the same old nonsense as well.

And I totally agree, HSL have done everything they can to address all the issues folk always bring up.

I also know the only chance we have to keep as close as possible to Hearts and Aberdeen is for HSL to succeed.

I just found it a bit like 'thanks, we appreciate your monthly donation, but please give us more.' Probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and reading that first thing didn't help hah.

Apologies from me as well for my last post :aok:

1875STEVE
20-04-2019, 12:49 AM
I know exactly what you mean, I'm always trying to get my mates to sign up and get hit with the same old nonsense as well.

And I totally agree, HSL have done everything they can to address all the issues folk always bring up.

I also know the only chance we have to keep as close as possible to Hearts and Aberdeen is for HSL to succeed.

I just found it a bit like 'thanks, we appreciate your monthly donation, but please give us more.' Probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and reading that first thing didn't help hah.

Apologies from me as well for my last post :aok:

:aok:

DaveF
20-04-2019, 06:34 AM
HSL - just dropped you an email with a question over my email address on my account. Ta.

Eyrie
20-04-2019, 09:00 AM

Very easy.

That's £1.2m per year, or £23k per week. So it means imagining replacing six of our more experienced squad players (not youngsters) with six players who each get an extra £3.5-4k per week in wages. Imagine the quality of player that would mean in the starting eleven and we'd still have the current starters on the bench.

Sioux
20-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Very easy.

That's £1.2m per year, or £23k per week. So it means imagining replacing six of our more experienced squad players (not youngsters) with six players who each get an extra £3.5-4k per week in wages. Imagine the quality of player that would mean in the starting eleven and we'd still have the current starters on the bench.

You're right, that extra money can make the difference. This is where we need to get to I think. Get 3 or 4 players who are a level above the rest, who can make a difference. For that to happen we need money.

Contributions to HSL can provide that.

Its totally wrong to say that team A with 11 players on £3k per week should always beat team B on £2k, and that all team A players are better than B. At that level of expenditure, its nonsense.

1875STEVE
20-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Very easy.

Incredible

You're right, that extra money can make the difference. This is where we need to get to I think. Get 3 or 4 players who are a level above the rest, who can make a difference. For that to happen we need money.

Contributions to HSL can provide that.

Its totally wrong to say that team A with 11 players on £3k per week should always beat team B on £2k, and that all team A players are better than B. At that level of expenditure, its nonsense.

It is, the problem is now is getting folk who believe the claims about HSL to look past them as pish and sign up.

hibbydad
21-04-2019, 02:02 PM
After today surely it is time the support backed HSL to give Hecky the money to spend

OfficialHSL
21-04-2019, 04:41 PM
After today surely it is time the support backed HSL to give Hecky the money to spend

Yes please.
Come on everyone , let’s do everything we can to help Paul and Robbie bring major success to the Club. We don’t need a few with lots of money just lots of supporters with a little each. Only donate if you can comfortably afford it.
From as little as £7.73 per month

HSL

bringbackbenny
21-04-2019, 04:45 PM
I'm in :flag::flag::flag:

ROCKTILLDROP
21-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Me too

Garymcl
21-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Totally agree this guy can take us to another level if given the financial backing please give /donate what ever you can so we can improve for next season canny wait Ggtth :flag:

1875STEVE
21-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Brilliant to see new folk signing up, hopefully we start seeing a lot more in time for the new season and boost the managers budget massively

heretoday
21-04-2019, 09:54 PM
I hope he gets a decent wedge to spend on his type of player.
We'll see what he makes of things next year

Bangkok Hibby
22-04-2019, 03:31 AM
Ive finally binned Hibs TV as it just doesnt work for me in Thailand. Doesnt matter if I'm in my apartment, in a hotel, on wifi or data. Happy for those who have a good reliable feed.
I'll replace what I pay Hibs TV with a monthly donation to HSL

Besties Debut
22-04-2019, 04:41 AM
The drawback about having a board that fans are quite happy with is that you get quite apathetic when it comes to change. If the fan base was still at war with Petrie like the pre Dempster days the HSL donations would be through the roof

BSEJVT
22-04-2019, 06:05 AM
I have thought long and hard before posting this as I don't want to be seen to be negative to HSL and know I will cop some flak for this, but IMO it needs said.

As a long time supporter of and advocate for HSL I have to say that it makes me quite uncomfortable the continuing going back to existing donators to wring an extra few £ out of them.

Eventually this particular well will run dry and will ultimately prove counter productive and I personally cannot and will not contribute any more than I am.

IMO the "raffles" held earlier this year should have rewarded those that have contributed out of nothing more than their love for Hibs, rather than be used to chisel yet more money out of them.

The success or failure of HSL will not be dependent upon these "initiatives", it will be determined by getting more folk to sign up and contribute regularly and on an ongoing basis and buy into the concept of what is trying to be achieved.

This can and will be only achieved by getting the message out to much more of the support on an ongoing basis and gradually breaking down the barriers and misconceptions that have arisen and I would personally prefer HSL's activities to be more focussed on this than the shorter, "supermarket" type promotions or worse emotional blackmail we have seen of late.

I have to say that these look to me more about window dressing and raising a few quick £ to show some small progress than addressing the underlying problem which is that the vastmajority of the support still don't buy into the concept.

Until they do HSL will languish behind its competitors.

I am sure many can relate tales of charities we have donated to whom we eventually got fed up of being pestered for yet more money and eventually stopped supporting them altogether and HSL run this risk IMO if they continue down the current path.

Bangkok Hibby
22-04-2019, 08:17 AM
I have thought long and hard before posting this as I don't want to be seen to be negative to HSL and know I will cop some flak for this, but IMO it needs said.

As a long time supporter of and advocate for HSL I have to say that it makes me quite uncomfortable the continuing going back to existing donators to wring an extra few £ out of them.

Eventually this particular well will run dry and will ultimately prove counter productive and I personally cannot and will not contribute any more than I am.

IMO the "raffles" held earlier this year should have rewarded those that have contributed out of nothing more than their love for Hibs, rather than be used to chisel yet more money out of them.

The success or failure of HSL will not be dependent upon these "initiatives", it will be determined by getting more folk to sign up and contribute regularly and on an ongoing basis and buy into the concept of what is trying to be achieved.

This can and will be only achieved by getting the message out to much more of the support on an ongoing basis and gradually breaking down the barriers and misconceptions that have arisen and I would personally prefer HSL's activities to be more focussed on this than the shorter, "supermarket" type promotions or worse emotional blackmail we have seen of late.

I have to say that these look to me more about window dressing and raising a few quick £ to show some small progress than addressing the underlying problem which is that the vastmajority of the support still don't buy into the concept.

I am sure many can relate tales of charities we have donated to whom we eventually got fed up of being pestered for yet more money and eventually stopped supporting them altogether and HSL run this risk IMO if they continue down the current path.

Very good point. I knew nothing of HSL until I joined this forum. People I have spoken to either haven't heard of it or aren't sure what it is. I stand ready to be corrected but is the message "out there"?

hibbydad
22-04-2019, 08:28 AM
Bankok Hibby they gave a presentation to our branch of the supportersclub so they are out there. Surely the important point is that we now have an excellent manager and if we can back him with funds I have every confidence he will take us to the next stage

Bangkok Hibby
22-04-2019, 09:04 AM
Bankok Hibby they gave a presentation to our branch of the supportersclub so they are out there. Surely the important point is that we now have an excellent manager and if we can back him with funds I have every confidence he will take us to the next stage

Yes I totally agree with you. Now I have my head round how the contributions work I'm fully signed up. I seldom get to games now. Do HSL have a presence at ER when a home game is on? Its the masses they need to encourage, not just those on forums or at supporters clubs

Eyrie
22-04-2019, 09:35 AM
The drawback about having a board that fans are quite happy with is that you get quite apathetic when it comes to change. If the fan base was still at war with Petrie like the pre Dempster days the HSL donations would be through the roof

The opposite would happen.

The anti-Petrie brigade are very against HSL.

Peevemor
22-04-2019, 10:06 AM
The opposite would happen.

The anti-Petrie brigade are very against HSL.

Which is the height of stupidity, given that every penny given to HSL effectively reduces STF/Petrie's proportion of the shareholding and eventual influence over the club.

OfficialHSL
22-04-2019, 10:52 AM

BSEJVT
We know that you are very supportive of HSL so your points are valuable and welcome feedback for us.
We cannot disagree with much of what you say and rest assured we agree that for HSL to be a huge success we need 000’s of additional supporters to join. We have already had feedback to suggest that future draws should include existing contributors so watch this space for that.
We also have a couple of issues in hand which are for Members but we want to announce these directly to our Members first.
We are reasonably certain that most Hibs Supporters know that HSL are here given that we have twice written to the entire Club database. This being the case we need to better understand why supporters don’t want to join. So if there are any supporters out there right know pondering please feel free to respond to this thread with any potential objections to HSL and we will try to respond.

HSL

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2019, 11:01 AM

This has been my main concern regarding HSL. The initiative will get nowhere if it doesn't find a way to significantly increase the number of contributors, it has pretty well stalled at just over 2000 from what I can see. I don't particularly have a problem with HSL undertaking initiatives to get folk to up their contributions, they will or wont depending on personal circumstances, but these things need to be very much side projects in relation to the main objective which has to be to reach at least 4000 members. With Hearts at 8000 and Aberdeen now at 6000 surely that has to be achievable.