PDA

View Full Version : The delivery from corners

we are hibs
30-03-2019, 06:59 AM
Mallan whipped the ball in against Motherwell and Gray scored.

He whipped the ball in last night and Hanlon scored.

stop doing these floaty in corners like in the first half last night as I don't think I have ever seen us score from one yet.

Heisenberg
30-03-2019, 07:06 AM
Its not that easy to put in a perfect whipped delivery every time though, if it was easy everyone would score way more regularly from corners. Mallan has a better ratio than most at getting good deliveries in from corners. In fact, the only player I can think of that was better at it for us is Zitelli.

BoomtownHibees
30-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Mallan whipped the ball in against Motherwell and Gray scored.

He whipped the ball in last night and Hanlon scored.

stop doing these floaty in corners like in the first half last night as I don't think I have ever seen us score from one yet.

As said above it’s not always easy but also, you don’t want the same type of cross in to the box every single time which would allow the other team to read it and deal with it

we are hibs
30-03-2019, 09:05 AM
As said above it’s not always easy but also, you don’t want the same type of cross in to the box every single time which would allow the other team to read it and deal with it

We don't whip the ball in often enough imo. We have one of the best players in the league for attacking the ball at set pieces in David Gray. As I said I can't remember us scoring from a corner or set pieces that's been floated in but when it's whipped in we either score or it caused mayhem in their box.

Alfiembra
30-03-2019, 09:16 AM
Its not that easy to put in a perfect whipped delivery every time though, if it was easy everyone would score way more regularly from corners. Mallan has a better ratio than most at getting good deliveries in from corners. In fact, the only player I can think of that was better at it for us is Zitelli.

:not worth:top marks+1 on Zitelli, get him back at ER to teach the young guns.