PDA

View Full Version : Friday night games

Mango Man
30-03-2019, 02:48 AM
I like a Friday night game, when you win, it's just the perfect way to kick off the weekend, am I wrong in thinking we seem to do alright in them?

Keith_M
30-03-2019, 02:01 PM
I'm not keen, as I prefer the day out on a Saturday, but I think we do have a very good record for Friday matches.

Incidentally, Hibs played in the first ever Friday evening match, I think against Motherwell.

Since452
30-03-2019, 02:02 PM
I like a Friday night game, when you win, it's just the perfect way to kick off the weekend, am I wrong in thinking we seem to do alright in them?

Either makes or breaks a weekend. I quite like it.

lyonhibs
30-03-2019, 02:27 PM
By noon today, both Hibs and the team I play for here in Switzerland had won 2-1. Love the Friday night Kick off slot, as far as alternative kick off slots go.

cabbageandribs1875
30-03-2019, 02:39 PM
friday night games are great....especially if we win, then we can sit back on the saturday stress-free :)

hate sunday 12 or 12:30 games, sunday mornings are for ZZZzzzzzz

SChibs
30-03-2019, 02:49 PM
I like the Friday games. It means I can go to the pub, put a few bets on and watch the scores come in on a Saturday afternoon. It's a nice wee change for a saturday

where'stheslope
30-03-2019, 02:54 PM
On SKY they are saying Newcastle have played 15 straight away games on a Monday night, not great when your not winning them all???

hhibs
30-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Really like Friday night football,Hibs generally do well under the floodlights.

Were we not the first club in Scotland to have floodlights installed ?

:flag::flag::flag:

nonshinyfinish
30-03-2019, 03:18 PM
On SKY they are saying Newcastle have played 15 straight away games on a Monday night, not great when your not winning them all???

Especially given that a lot of them will have involved long trips.

SChibs
30-03-2019, 03:32 PM

15? Really?

Oscar T Grouch
30-03-2019, 04:03 PM
We've played 4 Friday night games this season so far, we lost away at Aberdeen (1-0), Won away at Dundee(2-4), Drew with the huns at home (1-1) and won last night. Aberdeen was a bad one, getting home at 01:30 and having that losing feeling early on in the weekend. All the others have been pretty good weekends for me, 1/3 point/s in the bag and a free weekend to do what you want. So this season I like Friday night games, this may change season to season though :greengrin

calumhibee1
30-03-2019, 04:10 PM

Without looking much deeper they played Bournemouth away in their last game on a Saturday. The away game before that was Saturday 2nd March.

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 09:29 PM
Without looking much deeper they played Bournemouth away in their last game on a Saturday. The away game before that was Saturday 2nd March.

Maybe they meant that Newcastle's last fifteen Monday night games have all been away and none were at St James?

IberianHibernian
30-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Friday night football has been normal in countries with summer football like Ireland and Denmark for a long time now . If Scottish leagues start playing all summer ( we almost have all summer football anyway ) Friday evenings might be a good idea - less clashes with golf / bowls / other summer sports / summer days out etc.
What happens when we play on a Friday ? Do players rest on Saturday and train on Sunday ?

calumhibee1
30-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Maybe they meant that Newcastle's last fifteen Monday night games have all been away and none were at St James?

That would seem way more likely :agree: