PDA

View Full Version : Milligan

Souter96Mac
29-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Don't know if it was just me, but Mark was my man of the match tonight. Broke up the play, and every pass found a Hibs man. His form, much like the whole team, since hecky has arrived has been fantastic.

wookie70
29-03-2019, 10:07 PM
I agree with the breaking up play but he wasted possession a good few times. Daz was MOTM for me.

Ozyhibby
29-03-2019, 10:09 PM
I watched on TV so hard for me to say but I thought Milligan was decent. McGregor looked excellent though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
29-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Another good game from him, seems to just keep things simple, not a flashy player by any means but important. For some reason folk still cant take to him though

SMAXXA
29-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Was at the game and couldn’t say pished before and even better pished during lol no bevie on me just goals

hibsbollah
29-03-2019, 10:16 PM
Don't know if it was just me, but Mark was my man of the match tonight. Broke up the play, and every pass found a Hibs man. His form, much like the whole team, since hecky has arrived has been fantastic.

Every pass definitely did NOT find a Hibs man, he gave the ball away twice in the first ten minutes. He improved as the match progressed, 6/10.

Daz easily MOTM.

cleanyman
29-03-2019, 10:16 PM
I thought he played well

WeeRussell
29-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Admittedly not one of my favourites but dug in well tonight. Not Close to MOM for me and don’t get the brilliant passer thing at all, but did notice one or two nicely timed challenges at important times.

As mentioner macgregor did well. Thought McNulty showed his importance tonight, even just his strong play from clearances and long balls.. always seems to get himself in front and get a decent touch to get us up the park.

Mallan for the goal alone is up there. Quality.

Allant1981
29-03-2019, 10:17 PM
Every pass definitely did NOT find a Hibs man, he gave the ball away twice in the first ten minutes. He improved as the match progressed, 6/10.

Daz easily MOTM.

Sorry but he was much better than a 6 out of 10

GreenCastle
29-03-2019, 10:20 PM
No coincidence him and Gray are playing well and we are winning.

Souter96Mac
29-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Maybe I'm just pished! GGTTH

Diclonius
30-03-2019, 01:27 AM
Another good game from him, seems to just keep things simple, not a flashy player by any means but important. For some reason folk still cant take to him though

Always going to be difficult following McGeouch.

monktonharp
30-03-2019, 01:39 AM
I thought the Ausie did well. some passes went astray but do remember that the speed of the ball was infected by that terrible playing surface. Milligan had a good game

Lee Marvin
30-03-2019, 08:03 AM
On the top 3 performers in the era of The Heck for me.

bigwheel
30-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Has been superb since he came back from there Asia Cup....class act.

theonlywayisup
30-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Was at the game and couldn’t say pished before and even better pished during lol no bevie on me just goals

Maybe best not posting when pissed. I've read what you've written a few times and not sure what you are trying to say.

Weegreenman
30-03-2019, 08:17 AM
He’s a very good footballer. He reads the game really well and can break up play because of this. He’s excellent in posession also. The one thing that worries me about him though is his age. I think he struggles to cover the ground. A very good player we have on our hands though.

jax67
30-03-2019, 08:28 AM
I thought the Ausie did well. some passes went astray but do remember that the speed of the ball was infected by that terrible playing surface. Milligan had a good game

I too thought the surface played a big part in our passing. Took quite a time to get used to the surface, great win though, onwards and upwards.

jax67
30-03-2019, 08:32 AM
He’s a very good footballer. He reads the game really well and can break up a lay because of this. He’s excellent in posession also. The one thing that worries me about him though is his age. I think he struggles to cover the ground. A very good player we have on our hands though.

Thought he was excellent when deployed in the back four recently, distribution from the back is great, think he’s better defensively when he sees the whole game in front of him.

theonlywayisup
30-03-2019, 08:37 AM
I too thought the surface played a big part in our passing. Took quite a time to get used to the surface, great win though, onwards and upwards.

Well done for Hecks saying we were trying to play pretty passing football in the first half but then had to resort to being more direct.

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Well done for Hecks saying we were trying to play pretty passing football in the first half but then had to resort to being more direct.

A nice straightforward statement of how he wants to play and a willingness to adapt when required without blaming others.

theonlywayisup
04-04-2019, 06:25 AM
Thought Milligan was very good tonight. Solid in defence with some good passes. Pass of the night was the one to Omeonga out wide in the second half. He was without doubt the Man of the Match.

Tyler Durden
04-04-2019, 06:28 AM
Thought Milligan was very good tonight. Solid in defence with some good passes. Pass of the night was the one to Omeonga out wide in the second half. He was without doubt the Man of the Match.

He was excellent again, has been really consistent in the past 5 or 6 games.

Liked to see him take that booking late on aswell, sometimes the cynical approach is needed

danhibees1875
04-04-2019, 06:31 AM
He was excellent again, has been really consistent in the past 5 or 6 games.

Liked to see him take that booking late on aswell, sometimes the cynical approach is needed

Seen that coming a mile off. He blocked Jones' run who then lashed out at him - actually looked like Jones punched him on the back of the head. A minute later Jones got the ball again and I think Milligan just wanted to get him back. .

Thought Milligan had a very good game. Very composed on the ball, good passer, and can head/tackle defensively. :agree: Hope he's on his game again on Saturday. :aok:

Allant1981
04-04-2019, 06:32 AM
Another good game from Milligan, he is the one that makes us tick in the middle of the park, just need players to start making space and show for the ball, too often last night he had no option but to play it back out to gray or Hanlon as mallan and slivka were no where to be seen

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2019, 06:38 AM
MOM by a mile in my opinion

The Harp Awakes
04-04-2019, 06:42 AM
Milligan was solid again last night. He seems to be getting to grips with the pace of the Scottish game. We'll need him to be at his best against the hammer throwers on Saturday who will try every trick in the book and attempt to bulldoze us all over the park.

flash
04-04-2019, 07:01 AM
We are seeing now he is a class act. 70 odd caps for a country on a par with Scotland.

Forza Fred
04-04-2019, 07:16 AM
He is the man who always seems to be available when a pass to someone is needed from defenders under pressure.

He quietly, efficiently and professionally goes about his game without the need to be ‘flash’

He can also play a few positions, which is a godsend in a smallish squad.

wookie70
04-04-2019, 07:57 AM
He had a pretty poor run under Lennon after a good start but he has been excellent for Heck. I thought he passed the ball brilliantly last night, accurate and with a bit of zip. Lots of great positional play and he knows when to take his bookings.

Golden Bear
04-04-2019, 08:05 AM
MOM by a mile in my opinion

:agree:

I'd go as far as to say that it was the most complete performance from a Hibs player this season.

Class, sheer class.

:not worth

Stevie Reid
04-04-2019, 09:10 AM
He was excellent last night. Was our best defender when played there, then slotted back into midfield nicely. Big Daz stepped into his position at the back superbly, as well.

matty_f
04-04-2019, 09:13 AM
I thought he had a great game last night. Was my pick for man of the match, with Omeonga not far behind.

Ozyhibby
04-04-2019, 10:40 AM
He was excellent last night and has been much better since Heckingbottom arrived.

hibby6270
04-04-2019, 11:31 AM
I’m putting my spoon down just long enough from eating my ‘humble pie’ to admit that Milligan CAN play well in central defence. Earlier in the season he played a couple of games in that position and looked like a fish out of water. Fair play to him. His recent displays have proved me (and I suspect others who thought the same as me) to be wrong.

Now, where’s that spoon. I have a pie to finish!! :greengrin

patlowe
04-04-2019, 11:44 AM
I thought Milligan was excellent and easily MOTM, ahead of several solid if unspectacular performances on the night. He's obviously not a long term answer for us but he provides a real authoritative assurance at the heart of the team at the moment and seems to have settled into a great bit of form under Heckingbottom.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Strolled the game last night.

One of the few players who passed the ball with a bit purpose.

Hillsidehibby
04-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Nearly fell off my seat when they announced LS as MOM and not Milligan

JimBHibees
04-04-2019, 01:42 PM
I thought he had a great game last night. Was my pick for man of the match, with Omeonga not far behind.

Yep they were the two standouts for me also.

bingo70
20-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Was in the Hibs shop yesterday and Milligan was there with his two daughters and (I assume) his partner/wife. His girls were wearing Australia strips with Daddy and the number 5 on the back.

Anyway, they were stocking up on kids replica strips and stuff so it got me wondering if he’s been across here himself since he joined and maybe that’s his family joining him now?

Not massively relevant I suppose but if it is the first time they’ve seen him play across here it wouldn’t surprise me to see him have a big game and play out his skin tomorrow.

I know Horgan got him out of jail at the derby as he was sleeping for their goal but I think he’s been class recently, hopefully another good performance tomorrow.

tamig
20-04-2019, 08:25 PM
Was in the Hibs shop yesterday and Milligan was there with his two daughters and (I assume) his partner/wife. His girls were wearing Australia strips with Daddy and the number 5 on the back.

Anyway, they were stocking up on kids replica strips and stuff so it got me wondering if he’s been across here himself since he joined and maybe that’s his family joining him now?

Not massively relevant I suppose but if it is the first time they’ve seen him play across here it wouldn’t surprise me to see him have a big game and play out his skin tomorrow.

I know Horgan got him out of jail at the derby as he was sleeping for their goal but I think he’s been class recently, hopefully another good performance tomorrow.
He’s been excellent since he came back from the Asia Cup. Like a new player. Long may it continue.

Billy Whizz
20-04-2019, 09:02 PM

As far as I’m aware, his family moved across just after he signed for Hibs

bingo70
20-04-2019, 09:03 PM
As far as I’m aware, his family moved across just after he signed for Hibs

Tight ******* must have been waiting for the kids strips to go down to half price then.

Cheapskate.

CallumLaidlaw
20-04-2019, 09:19 PM
He’s been excellent since he came back from the Asia Cup. Like a new player. Long may it continue.

Looked class in his first few games then took a MASSIVE dip in form. Almost to the point I half expected him to leave in January. But as you say, since he came back he’s been superb.

green with envy
20-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Tight ******* must have been waiting for the kids strips to go down to half price then.

Cheapskate.

Someone's in need of a lie down.

BILLYHIBS
20-04-2019, 09:31 PM
His family have been over since he arrived

I have to agree with previous posters started off looking like the real deal fell away Celtic away looked seriously off the pace has kicked on again since returning from Asia Cup

Long may it continue

Needs to keep his concentration at corners though :confused:

DetroitHibs
20-04-2019, 11:04 PM

Somone needs to learn what “sarcasm” is. Pretty sure the dude is joking :wink:

Brightside
20-04-2019, 11:18 PM
I'll be surprised if he is in Hecks plans as the main DM for next year.

Alex Trager
20-04-2019, 11:19 PM

[emoji57]

I think he was joking mate

green with envy
20-04-2019, 11:20 PM
Somone needs to learn what “sarcasm” is. Pretty sure the dude is joking :wink:

So you're only pretty sure? To funny dude.😁

DetroitHibs
20-04-2019, 11:48 PM
So you're only pretty sure? To funny dude.😁

Think a wee lie doons in order :wink:

Forza Fred
21-04-2019, 08:50 AM
He’s a good lad..very approachable, and posed with several of us with the Oz Hibs flag after Boyler’s debut for Oz against Lebanon in Sydney.

His family quite like Edinburgh.

Since452
21-04-2019, 09:44 AM
Up there with our most important players. He really impresses me every time i watch him and he's getting better and better.

thegaffer12
21-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Hopefully the sun will work to his advantage today!