PDA

View Full Version : As we continue to march on and jump above Hearts..

California-Hibs
29-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Don't worry Craig, it's all a good laugh, it's it? :faf::faf::faf:

bingo70
29-03-2019, 09:53 PM
He’ll start to come under real pressure now.

I think he’ll be away from there before the start of next season.

California-Hibs
29-03-2019, 09:53 PM
Oh, and any reason to share this for Jambos looking it. YOU LET IT HAPPEN! Sincerely, thank-you!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ov9k4xiP1Jwf31H2g/giphy.gif

The 90+2
29-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Genius 😂😂^^^ mon the hibees. We’re back big time.

Springbank
29-03-2019, 09:56 PM
the jkb thread on tonights game has flicked a switch - lots and lots of grief and infighting from our poor neighbours 😀

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/182240-tonights-games/&page=3

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Oh, and any reason to share this for Jambos looking it. YOU LET IT HAPPEN! Sincerely, thank-you!

Outstanding

Jim44
29-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Natural order restored.:greengrin

DaveF
29-03-2019, 10:11 PM

Thats a topper.

Seems a long time ago when a passing Jambo tramp gave me a 'mind the gap' jibe when they went 7 clear.

Since452
29-03-2019, 10:18 PM
The infighting and gnashing of gums on Jambosiwanttotouchmysisterback is glorious

Hibeesmad
29-03-2019, 10:20 PM
If they bottle finishing in the top 6 from here then that would be absolutely glorious.

Hibernian32
29-03-2019, 10:33 PM
If they bottle finishing in the top 6 from here then that would be absolutely glorious.
Some would say hibsed it, especially after being crowned champions

California-Hibs
29-03-2019, 11:01 PM
What I love the most is a lot of them are starting to realize that we are a genuine good team with some real dangerous players. That Livingston team took 5 off them....F.I.V.E 😳

Since452
29-03-2019, 11:02 PM

Hibs it? Nah they won't win the cup.

Greenfly
29-03-2019, 11:17 PM

If they do Oscars for GIFs that's the winner - thank you

Since452
29-03-2019, 11:25 PM
Hearts fans just need to remember they finished 18 (eighteen) points behind us last season. They should be celebrating only being a point behind us right now. Very successful season for them.

Greencore
29-03-2019, 11:48 PM
Hearts fans just need to remember they finished 18 (eighteen) points behind us last season. They should be celebrating only being a point behind us right now. Very successful season for them.

Spot F****** on sir.

Bring on the Jambos.

California-Hibs
30-03-2019, 12:23 AM
If they do Oscars for GIFs that's the winner - thank you

Cheers, I enjoyed making that one. Got a few more up my sleeve!

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2019, 12:26 AM

The yams always start to turn against the manager when they feel we have the upper hand or when we are above them in the league. Everything they do is in comparison to Hibs.

Onceinawhile
30-03-2019, 07:33 AM

My twitter timeline came up like this 😂

Weegreenman
30-03-2019, 08:08 AM
What I love the most is a lot of them are starting to realize that we are a genuine good team with some real dangerous players. That Livingston team took 5 off them....F.I.V.E 😳

Theylk start to realise it if we can beat them convincingly next week at their place. :flag:

Since452
30-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Remember back in September when they were singing about not being moved by Hibs, Celtic and Rangers ...... awkward.

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 09:48 AM

Nope.

We'd say they jambottled it.

Yet again.

Mantis Toboggan
30-03-2019, 09:51 AM
Best use of the Vince gif I've ever seen. Superb.

mutley
30-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Has anyone thought of the carnage If.....

Now this is a big IF........

St J go on a good run, and then we win the derby causing them to drop into bottom six (even if it was on goal difference?

I think I’d soil myself.

I do realise that St J are on -9 with them on 0 just now.

Our +14 goals must be worth an extra point at the mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

where'stheslope
30-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Today's game is great for us, as someone or both have to lose points, draw would almost be the best result for us, but it could be enough for the Hertz to stay in the top 6 after the break.
Win for the Dons makes it harder for us to catch them, and heap pressure on Hertz to stay in the top 6!
Win for Hertz the worst result for us, but makes it easier to catch the Dons!!!!!

Deansy
30-03-2019, 12:36 PM

Yup, the signs are there that Potter's starting to crack -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47755235

'Levein faces a hearing on 17 April for an incident in Hearts' 3-2 win over Hibernian at Oriam in the Club Academy Scotland Elite League this month'

At an U-18's ffs - anyone know what happened ??

NZ Green
30-03-2019, 02:26 PM

30-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Just had a look at Levein's league record since taking charge at the start of last season. It is:
W26 D18 L24 GF74 GA74, 38% wins. The most damning stat I'd say is the goal difference of nil, what a shocker.

southsider
30-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Just had a look at Levein's league record since taking charge at the start of last season. It is:
W26 D18 L24 GF74 GA74, 38% wins. The most damning stat I'd say is the goal difference of nil, what a shocker.

What is his record since Xmas ?

lyonhibs
30-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Don't worry Craig, it's all a good laugh, it's it? :faf::faf::faf:

Your track record of starting threads mocking Hearts is to be roundly applauded.

Hope that bitter Jambo squitters merchant is spewing come 6pm tonight.

Marvellous
30-03-2019, 02:49 PM

He's too calm for Hanlon's equaliser. :na na:

Bedlam

California-Hibs
30-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Your track record of starting threads mocking Hearts is to be roundly applauded.

Hope that bitter Jambo squitters merchant is spewing come 6pm tonight.

They had their fun for quite a while but ever since it became a level playing field, ie no more Mad Vlad pumping in the cash, I've most certainly as you say been quick to remind the Jambo inlookers how sh**e they are!! 😁

Since452
30-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Hearts having a magnificent season Hibs having a car crash of one and we're above them. Big team they say?

Northernhibee
30-03-2019, 03:51 PM
Ten minutes from 115 years. At home. Against a lower league side.

lyonhibs
30-03-2019, 03:54 PM

2-0 up. Imagine chucking that away ffs :faf::faf:

Since452
30-03-2019, 03:57 PM

Then watching on as we won the cup and reinvigorated the whole club. That must have hurt badly.

Northernhibee
30-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Then watching on as we won the cup and reinvigorated the whole club. That must have hurt badly.
If they thought throwing a double away at Dens Park was bad, in ten minutes they threw away the entire identity of the derby matches. From “Since 1902” to just ****ing boooooooo.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-03-2019, 04:30 PM

As big a part of the story as the 92 minute winner and Conrad in goals for the semi

Tiny_Tim
30-03-2019, 06:39 PM
This thread looks a bit daft giving we are once again sitting behind them

Ozyhibby
30-03-2019, 06:49 PM

Not really. You could say that about any thread once time passes. Should people only post at the end of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
30-03-2019, 06:49 PM

Not in the context of them having been so far ahead of us and there now only being two points of a difference, with Hibs on a much better run of form.

Given the fact that we've almost caught them, they'll be nervously looking over their shoulder.

SquashedFrogg
30-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Your posts are beyond predictible. Bring up relegation party then post this.

Sister out tonight?

Tiny_Tim
30-03-2019, 06:56 PM

Sister out tonight?

Bit rude

cleanyman
30-03-2019, 06:58 PM

Sister out tonight?

He didn't post this minter of a thread to be fair

Keith_M
30-03-2019, 07:13 PM

How predictable.

Have you finished celebrating Hearts' win yet?

30-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Bit rude

Not if you're a Jambo. You post as if you are.

Bishop Hibee
30-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Good banter winding them up last night. They responded on the park. We need to keep up the pressure midweek. Nothing ‘cringeworthy ‘ or ‘embarrassing ‘ about rivalry.

hibee316
30-03-2019, 08:33 PM

You know how we call Hearts fans mini Huns. Do Hearts fans call us mini-tims?

Or small tims maybe?

SquashedFrogg
30-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Bit rude

Not really.

Crazyhorse
30-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Good banter winding them up last night. They responded on the park. We need to keep up the pressure midweek. Nothing ‘cringeworthy ‘ or ‘embarrassing ‘ about rivalry.

It is very difficult for away teams on the 5-a-side pitch at tiny. We need to be prepared for the usual attritional sh-ite next week. It’s Potter’s biggest game of the season and the yams will not finish below us this season unless we win the battle first in each of the next two derbies.
And well done Heck a hell of a start!!

Tornadoes70
30-03-2019, 10:27 PM
Aberdeen's defense at both yam goals was as brutal as Tiny Tims posting. Literally gifted them two goals. Considine was found completely wanting and McInnes must have been raging at the way they capitulated to what is a poor yam team in my opinion.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

HibeeHibernian4
30-03-2019, 10:37 PM
It is very difficult for away teams on the 5-a-side pitch at tiny. We need to be prepared for the usual attritional sh-ite next week. It’s Potter’s biggest game of the season and the yams will not finish below us this season unless we win the battle first in each of the next two derbies.
And well done Heck a hell of a start!!

Dundee won there the other month. The pitch dimensions aren't great but let's not pretend that winning a game of football there is akin to climbing Everest.

mca
30-03-2019, 10:43 PM

Yep.. sitting right behind the team that won the league in september... :greengrin

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Dundee won there the other month. The pitch dimensions aren't great but let's not pretend that winning a game of football there is akin to climbing Everest.

It's more like passing a camel through the eye of a needle.

If camels were footballs, that is.

matty_f
30-03-2019, 11:46 PM

Totally agree. Biggest myth going is that their pitch is too small to play football on, and that you can't play football against them.

Stubbs' record at Tiny, without being fantastic, was enough to show that of you go there and play football you've got a chance of coming away with something.

We didn't have a single good derby performance there under Lennon that I can remember, and that's because he bought into the war of attrition cliché rather than playing to our strengths against them.

Crazyhorse
31-03-2019, 12:29 AM
Totally agree. Biggest myth going is that their pitch is too small to play football on, and that you can't play football against them.

Stubbs' record at Tiny, without being fantastic, was enough to show that of you go there and play football you've got a chance of coming away with something.

We didn't have a single good derby performance there under Lennon that I can remember, and that's because he bought into the war of attrition cliché rather than playing to our strengths against them.

You are right Stubbs did pretty well against the yams but overall I don’t agree. Lennon’s teams were all bullied there. If you don’t stand up to Levein’s tactics you can forget about playing to your own strengths.

HibeeHibernian4
31-03-2019, 12:30 AM

:agree:

It's very much a case of "can't or won't?" when it comes to playing football at Tynecastle.

Yes, the pitch is smaller than what we're used to.

Yes, they'll be in our faces right from the first whistle.

Does that mean we can't beat them? No. We have to remain calm, try to get the ball moving and look for openings that they create by pressing high. Hopefully Heckingbottom, untainted by all this Edinburgh Derby mythology crap, will be able to set us out accordingly.

Diclonius
31-03-2019, 12:31 AM
You are right Stubbs did pretty well against the yams but overall I don’t agree. Lennon’s teams were all bullied there. If you don’t stand up to Levein’s tactics you can forget about playing to your own strengths.

Yup.

Stubbs made sure we stood up to them and put ourselves about whilst also trying to get the ball forward and get some good attacking play going. Lennon just set up to kick the **** out of them with no plan as to what to do after that.

FilipinoHibs
31-03-2019, 05:25 AM

And the TTs took 7 off them at Tynie. Sauzee/Latapy 3.

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2019, 07:53 AM

We didn't have a single good derby performance there under Lennon that I can remember, and that's because he bought into the war of attrition cliché rather than playing to our strengths against them.Lennon's record and team selections at Tiny were awful and frankly pathetic...he had us beat before we even turned up half the time
...Hopefully Hecky is a lot more positive

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weegreenman
31-03-2019, 09:37 AM

This :cb

Keith_M
31-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Hearts home record (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?338650-Home-League-Table) is nowhere near as good as some people make out.

They raise their game against Hibs, because the derby is what defines their season. Hibs need to avoid getting sucked in to the anti-football and just play the best we can. I'm sure Hecky will have the team ready for the challenge.

Barman Stanton
31-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Tynie Tim not even being subtle. Why do we keep these jambos around.

Hibbyradge
31-03-2019, 09:53 AM
You know how we call Hearts fans mini Huns. Do Hearts fans call us mini-tims?

Or small tims maybe?

Tiny = PBS

Diclonius
31-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Hearts home record (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?338650-Home-League-Table) is nowhere near as good as some people make out.

They raise their game against Hibs, because the derby is what defines their season. Hibs need to avoid getting sucked in to the anti-football and just play the best we can. I'm sure Hecky will have the team ready for the challenge.

It should define our season too - we should raise our game to the same level. Winning against your rivals is the ultimate confidence booster, and more often than not in the last decade a Hearts win in the derby has set them off on a good run of form.

Sioux
31-03-2019, 10:17 AM
:agree:

It's very much a case of "can't or won't?" when it comes to playing football at Tynecastle.

Yes, the pitch is smaller than what we're used to.

Yes, they'll be in our faces right from the first whistle.

Does that mean we can't beat them? No. We have to remain calm, try to get the ball moving and look for openings that they create by pressing high. Hopefully Heckingbottom, untainted by all this Edinburgh Derby mythology crap, will be able to set us out accordingly.

We struggled to do that on Friday. Hertz are a step up in terms of being physical than Live were.

Keith_M
31-03-2019, 10:44 AM
We struggled to do that on Friday. Hertz are a step up in terms of being physical than Live were.

I'm not too sure about more physical, but they do play the ****housery to the max when they play us.

Standing over the ball at the other side's free-kicks, jersey pulling, fly kicks out of sight of the ref, throwing themselves to the ground, standing directly in front of people taking throw-ins, time-wasting, whingeing to the ref, the towel at the throw-in shenanigans... the list goes on.

HibeeHibernian4
31-03-2019, 11:50 AM
It should define our season too - we should raise our game to the same level. Winning against your rivals is the ultimate confidence booster, and more often than not in the last decade a Hearts win in the derby has set them off on a good run of form.

No, it really shouldn't.

Weegreenman
31-03-2019, 12:06 PM
No, it really shouldn't.

When you have little or no chance of winning the league, a slim chance of winning a cup, then beating your city rivals is the next best thing! It doesn’t have to define your season, it just needs to be one of your top priorities!

Diclonius
31-03-2019, 02:19 PM
No, it really shouldn't.

Why?

As I mentioned, quite a few winning runs in the league have been kickstarted by either of us beating the other. Hearts prioritising derby wins didn't set them back in the league in their periods of dominance, and neither did it us a couple of years ago. It also ensures you get a few surprise wins out of nowhere - half the reason we had a terrible record a few years ago is because we treated it as "just another game" while for them it meant everything.

Case in point - the Tynecastle derby at the end of last season. Their season was over and they had lost all their games in the split but turned it on for us and ended our season. If we had approached it with the same intensity, we'd at least have gotten a draw.

HibeeHibernian4
31-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Why?

As I mentioned, quite a few winning runs in the league have been kickstarted by either of us beating the other. Hearts prioritising derby wins didn't set them back in the league in their periods of dominance, and neither did it us a couple of years ago. It also ensures you get a few surprise wins out of nowhere - half the reason we had a terrible record a few years ago is because we treated it as "just another game" while for them it meant everything.

Case in point - the Tynecastle derby at the end of last season. Their season was over and they had lost all their games in the split but turned it on for us and ended our season. If we had approached it with the same intensity, we'd at least have gotten a draw.

Because derbies 'defining' our season would be a stupid way to operate as a football club.

Give me a Scottish/League Cup any day over 4 derby wins in a season against Hearts.

Diclonius
31-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Because derbies 'defining' our season would be a stupid way to operate as a football club.

Give me a Scottish/League Cup any day over 4 derby wins in a season against Hearts.

Fair enough - all I'm saying is it works.

If we beat Hearts 4 games in one season we'd be having a hell of a season and may well have won a cup.

Here’s Lucy!
31-03-2019, 04:16 PM
No, it really shouldn't.

It certainly goes a long way though.

Here’s Lucy!
31-03-2019, 04:19 PM

Do you actually​ support Hibs?

HibeeHibernian4
31-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Fair enough - all I'm saying is it works.

If we beat Hearts 4 games in one season we'd be having a hell of a season and may well have won a cup.

If we did it, we'd be doing something we've never done in our history. It's fantasy talk, really.

We've only twice beaten them three times in a season, 1975/76 and 1994/95.

For what it's worth, it's not some sort of magical key to success. The last time Hearts won four derbies in a season, they also got relegated in the same season. Being able to beat one side doesn't guarantee you're going to finish high in the table or win a cup.

This isn't against you, but there are some Hibs fans who appear to be as happy to see Hearts lose to Hibs as they are to see Hibs beat Hearts.

Northernhibee
31-03-2019, 04:41 PM
I'm not too sure about more physical, but they do play the ****housery to the max when they play us.

Standing over the ball at the other side's free-kicks, jersey pulling, fly kicks out of sight of the ref, throwing themselves to the ground, standing directly in front of people taking throw-ins, time-wasting, whingeing to the ref, the towel at the throw-in shenanigans... the list goes on.
We need to do that too.

I'm Spartacus
03-04-2019, 11:41 AM
The boy McKenna looking like he's worth 10M Yen, never mind Pounds!!! Aberdeen carry on like that and they are also there for the taking.

Diclonius
03-04-2019, 01:27 PM
For what it's worth, it's not some sort of magical key to success. The last time Hearts won four derbies in a season, they also got relegated in the same season. Being able to beat one side doesn't guarantee you're going to finish high in the table or win a cup.

This isn't against you, but there are some Hibs fans who appear to be as happy to see Hearts lose to Hibs as they are to see Hibs beat Hearts.

Isn't lording it over your rivals part of the derby experience to an extent? I by no means "hate" Hearts in the same way a lot of people do - at the most, my "extreme dislike" is reserved for the OF only - but winning a derby is IMO the best feeling as a Hibs fan bar winning a cup. I preferred the 2012-13 season - in which we were by and large average but were unbeaten against them - to the 2009-10 season, where we finished 4th but didn't win a single game against them. It makes seasons all the more special - I'd rather beat Hearts twice or three times than thump a Hamilton or St Mirren 6 or 7 times.

Fair enough about derby dominance not neccessarily correlating to success elsewhere, but you have to remember that this was an administration-hit barebones Hearts that won four games against us, and they would have avoided relegation if it weren't for their points deduction.

I'm just putting forward the point that - even if it shouldn't be as extreme as "winning derbies are more important than anything else" - we haven't treated games against them anywhere near as seriously as they have in recent years, which in part contributed to the pre-relegation dominance they had over us even with extremely poor teams. Beating Hearts should be a priority - maybe not THE priority, but one of them - as it raises everyone's spirits and brings people back.

HibeeHibernian4
03-04-2019, 01:44 PM
I'm just putting forward the point that - even if it shouldn't be as extreme as "winning derbies are more important than anything else" - we haven't treated games against them anywhere near as seriously as they have in recent years, which in part contributed to the pre-relegation dominance they had over us even with extremely poor teams. Beating Hearts should be a priority - maybe not THE priority, but one of them - as it raises everyone's spirits and brings people back.

It raises the spirits, primarily of fickle fans who will abandon us again once Hearts win a derby or two. The 9 in a row we had over them brought a lot of fans out of the woodwork, that's subsided in their recent spell of dominance over us.

I don't deny that Hearts probably did take derbies more 'seriously' than we did in the 2000s, but you know what else they did? They bought players with money they didn't have and therefore were favourites in almost every derby on account of having a more expensively and better-assembled squad. The more you spend, the higher the quality of player, the more likely you are to win any match, irrespective of it being a derby or not.

I know I'm in a minority on this, but beating Hearts doesn't give me half the satisfaction of beating Rangers. Now there's a vile institution.

Hearts are our rivals, but their fanbase are (largely) just people on the other side of the city who chose to support their local team over one of the Glasgow two. Good on them, for that.

Mick O'Rourke
03-04-2019, 01:49 PM
Quote from HFCEighteen75

[the satisfaction of beating Rangers. Now there's a vile institution]

:agree::aok:
The club that i despise more has not been founded yet!

Many years ago my youngest brother was playing in a Youth Cup final for Salvesen.
The kind of games that attract scouts, of course .

One man on the sideline asked a Salvy coach/official the name of the striker who was having a stormer.(my brother)
When told the surname, he walked away muttering to himself.
Yes, that man was a rAngers scout.!

HibeeHibernian4
03-04-2019, 02:35 PM
:agree::aok:
The club that i despise more has not been founded yet!

Perish the thought that such a club should ever come into existence. :greengrin

I could find common ground with at least 90% of Hearts' support away from football, with Rangers' it's got to be about 20% at most. The vast majority simply can't look past my football team, my heritage, my politics or my upbringing.