PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: KIERAN POWER ELECTED AS HIBERNIAN SUPPORTER REPRESENTATIVE DIRECTOR

RSS Bot
28-03-2019, 07:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9834)

HibeeHibernian4
28-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Finally backed a winner, well done Kieran. :aok:

Berwickhibby
28-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Congratulations Kieran

DarlingtonHibee
28-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Good luck kieran, good to see some new blood.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Big shoes to fill.

H18 SFR
28-03-2019, 07:22 PM
What were the points he made/committed to in his 'manifesto'?

Hibeesmad
All the best to Kieran, hopefully a great appointment

Keith_M
I'm genuinely surprised that it's somebody new.

All the best in your new role.

Billy Whizz
28-03-2019, 07:24 PM
Well done KP

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2019, 07:24 PM
Congratulations to Kieran and a big thank-you to Frank for all his work.

HibeeHibernian4
28-03-2019, 07:25 PM
What were the points he made/committed to in his 'manifesto'?

Key points I believe to completing the role at a high standard;

- Representation - Still the fundamental part of the role, it’s working hard to gather as much information from the support to represent your views to the board. I’m not representing myself, my opinion has been put on the shelf for the full period.

- Communication - This has to be regular and consistent from myself, over all platforms – phone, email, social media and face to face. I’m very active in all and would produce a different model to what we’ve previously used.

- Transparency – Positive and honest conversations. Clear messages that can be shared, updating when I can’t. Taking ideas from everyone on how to work better and smarter.

- Availability - My availability to you should always be open, at all times. This is something I do in my community and professional work.

- Community engagement - We do a lot in this space as a club and separately as a support. I would be in a position where I would be able to connect people, organisations, businesses, community groups to each other so they can share their strengths for the community and Hibernian.

ancient hibee
28-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Good luck kieran, good to see some new blood.

No doubt there will be plenty ready to spill it:greengrin

Forza Fred
28-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Congrats to Keiran. 'new blood' was what most were looking for I think....and every organisation benefits from an injection of a fresh perspective.

Thanks to BIg Frank,, who will no doubt be feeling disappointed, but I'm sure over the next few months will see his non re-election as a blessing in disguise as he will get a bit of peace.

Bostonhibby
28-03-2019, 07:32 PM
A big positive hopefully. Well done KP.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

GORDONSMITH7
28-03-2019, 07:51 PM
A big positive hopefully. Well done KP.

Kev your Branch Committee, St. Patrick's unanimously supported your fellow Branch member Kieran, however did not push him. At our Branch meeting with Super Joe Tortolano speaking, Kieran gave a few minutes pitch and impressed me when he said, in all sincerity that there were several splendid candidates and that personally he would be voting for Malky Milne. That is the kind of bloke Kieran is.

GGTTH

BIG G

Peevemor
28-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Well done Kieran and good luck.

Bostonhibby
28-03-2019, 07:55 PM
Kev your Branch Committee, St. Patrick's unanimously supported your fellow Branch member Kieran, however did not push him. At our Branch meeting with Super Joe Tortolano speaking, Kieran gave a few minutes pitch and impressed me when he said, in all sincerity that there were several splendid candidates and that personally he would be voting for Malky Milne. That is the kind of bloke Kieran is.

GGTTH

BIG G

[emoji106] Cheers G. Was mightily encouraged when I spoke to Kieran after the Elgin game and had no hesitation supporting him on here.

GGTTH.

H18 SFR
28-03-2019, 08:02 PM

- Representation - Still the fundamental part of the role, it’s working hard to gather as much information from the support to represent your views to the board. I’m not representing myself, my opinion has been put on the shelf for the full period.

- Communication - This has to be regular and consistent from myself, over all platforms – phone, email, social media and face to face. I’m very active in all and would produce a different model to what we’ve previously used.

- Transparency – Positive and honest conversations. Clear messages that can be shared, updating when I can’t. Taking ideas from everyone on how to work better and smarter.

- Availability - My availability to you should always be open, at all times. This is something I do in my community and professional work.

- Community engagement - We do a lot in this space as a club and separately as a support. I would be in a position where I would be able to connect people, organisations, businesses, community groups to each other so they can share their strengths for the community and Hibernian.

Exciting times, good luck enacting all these fantastic ideas and concepts.

Regardless who we voted for, we all want you to be a success.

HibeeHibernian4
28-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Exciting times, good luck enacting all these fantastic ideas and concepts.

Regardless who we voted for, we all want you to be a success.

Just to clarify, that's from the HSL nomination website, I'm not Kieran Power. :greengrin

Duncan Smith
28-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Congratulations to Kieran Power and well done to all other candidates who were nominated.

I know there are a lot of people who do not value the roles but I hope more supporters will constructively engage with Kieran and Tracey and give them a chance. They are In the position to help us, not against us.

green day
28-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Congratulations to Kieran Power and well done to all other candidates who were nominated.

I know there are a lot of people who do not value the roles but I hope more supporters will constructively engage with Kieran and Tracey and give them a chance. They are In the position to help us, not against us.

Tracey has been excellent when I have dealt with her. Hopefully Kieran is ismilar as she is v good.

H18 SFR
28-03-2019, 08:08 PM
Just to clarify, that's from the HSL nomination website, I'm not Kieran Power. :greengrin

Ha ha, superb.

Gerard
28-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Ha ha, superb.

Well done KP. I hope all the other candidates will find a way to contributing their talents to the club.

Power
28-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Thanks all, let me give you full response once I’ve collected myself (got the kids to bed too).

Really, really good candidates this year and any one of them would do you proud.

I’ll let you know what I’m thinking but this will be an open platform, you’re more experienced and knowledgeable than me - I’m here to tap into your ideas how we make this work with the club.

Time to roll up the sleeves - listen, engage, communicate. Keep it simple, make sure it’s the right thing and make Hibs even more great.

KP

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Well done Kieran, communication was what you promised and that was why my vote went to you. Would love it if you keep your promise and keep us as informed as much as possible on all things Hibs. :thumbsup:

GORDONSMITH7
28-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Spendid young fella, Think this could be a turning point in this Fans Rep thang. Hope so amigo.

BIG G

kevinc
28-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Well done Kieran

matty_f
28-03-2019, 10:09 PM
Thanks all, let me give you full response once I’ve collected myself (got the kids to bed too).

Really, really good candidates this year and any one of them would do you proud.

I’ll let you know what I’m thinking but this will be an open platform, you’re more experienced and knowledgeable than me - I’m here to tap into your ideas how we make this work with the club.

Time to roll up the sleeves - listen, engage, communicate. Keep it simple, make sure it’s the right thing and make Hibs even more great.

KP

Well done, and best of luck in the role.

GORDONSMITH7
28-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Well done, and best of luck in the role.

Ditto Matty.

BIG G

monktonharp
28-03-2019, 11:41 PM

KPKieran, on behalf of our branch I congratulate you. We had some contact with Frank at times and I personally admire the big man but new blood can be good blood. well done.:flag:

The 90+2
29-03-2019, 01:25 AM
Fantastic news. Kieran will make a difference. Well done and well deserved.

Forza Fred
29-03-2019, 02:23 AM
Have the figures of who got how many votes been published?

They have been in past polls.

Power
29-03-2019, 02:44 AM
Not yet F (I’m not aware full stop), soon as they are I’ll get them up.

Brizo
29-03-2019, 06:22 AM
Congratulations..

I see your appointment as a positive development for the fans rep role.

Since452
29-03-2019, 06:30 AM
Not sure what will change to be honest

ronaldo7
29-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Well done to all participants. Guid luck, KP.

Scouse Hibee
29-03-2019, 08:22 AM
Not sure what will change to be honest

No one is, we just have to wait and see if the newly appointed rep delivers.

Carheenlea
29-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Congratulations on the appointment Kieran - it was always going to have to be a strong candidate with a visible campaign to garner more votes than Frank Dougan.
After four years it says a lot about Frank and his love for the club that he was keen to continue in the role, but I think most fans felt that it was time to step aside and freshen up the reps position after four years of hard work and commitment, much of which was relatively under appreciated by a lot of fans simply because of his low key presence on social media.

green with envy
29-03-2019, 09:53 AM
I've already congratulated Kieran personally on Facebook and more than happy to likewise here.

Exciting appointment - well done again. K

Johnny Clash
29-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Well done Kieran. I felt you were the candidate who had the right ideas regards what being a representative means

You will be sitting amongst equals on that board. Plus you and Tracey have the added benefit of being elected not selected. So you both have that added endorsement from the supporters which I’m sure you’ll never forget. All the best .

hibsbollah
29-03-2019, 11:01 AM
I backed a winner for once. Well done KP.

DarrenSQH
29-03-2019, 11:24 PM
KP has came in and already we are above the hearts. Well done mate

Ggtth

The 90+2
29-03-2019, 11:27 PM
First time I’ve heard the Hibees Bounce for a couple of years too. It canny be a coincidence.

andyf5
30-03-2019, 07:54 AM
Here is what Kieran said in his election address. I kind of just glanced over it before, but re-reading it and watching his you tube video think its a good addition. Good luck Kieran, I hope you have a thick skin.

“I’m putting myself forward to be the Hibernian Supporter Representative. Why? It’s an important question - I would like to try a different approach.

Not all candidates are running for the same reasons or view the role the same way. I am not looking for any perks, opportunities or plaudits; rather I see this a chance to make a difference for the support - this role is a natural progression from my past volunteer, community and professional work. Community involvement is something I value deeply, and it is important to me that our support continues to strengthen, but also correctly challenges, Hibernian.

- Representation - Still the fundamental part of the role, it’s working hard to gather as much information from the support torepresent your views to the board. I’m not representing myself, my opinion has been put on the shelf for the full period.

- Community engagement - We do a lot in this space as a club and separately as a support. I would be in a position where I would be able to connect people, organizations, businesses, community groups to each other so they can share their strengths for the community and Hibernian.

A bit about me – I’m 33 years of age, season ticket holder for 26 years and regular attendee to watch Hibernian home and away with my son. I’m soon to be married, father of two and work in Edinburgh City Centre as a Supplier Manager – simply, I’m the middle man between two critical businesses, ensuring obligations, standards and quality is met. I’m treasurer for one of the oldest sports clubs in Scotland and volunteer other free parts of my time to the community.

This isn’t about the title, or opportunities. It’s about what I see as taking the next step in making a difference for us at Hibernian Football Club.”

andyf5
30-03-2019, 08:01 AM
Have the figures of who got how many votes been published?

They have been in past polls.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7371 was the announcement last time which included the results.

Forza Fred
30-03-2019, 09:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7371 was the announcement last time which included the results.

Yep, I know.

Not sure why they haven’t been disclosed this time.

One would think that they must be to ensure transparency.