PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PAYMENT PLAN OPTION NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

RSS Bot
28-03-2019, 10:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9832)

stoneyburn hibs
28-03-2019, 10:55 AM
That's going to be a big hit on renewals next season.

Paisley Hibby
28-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Anybody got any idea what this is about?

.Sean.
28-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Does this include folk already renewed and with confirmation?

This will have a huge impact on numbers next year. I’m in the process of moving house and if the PP isn’t an option I’ll struggle.

The 90+2
28-03-2019, 10:59 AM
I think this will be a short term problem.

pacoluna
28-03-2019, 10:59 AM

This will have a huge impact on numbers next year. I’m in the process of moving house and if the PP isn’t an option I’ll struggle.

We don't anticipate any issues with supporters who have already completed their application, but we will be able to update when we know more.

.Sean.
28-03-2019, 11:02 AM
Reading that again I think it’s maybe just a short term technical hitch?

Sir David Gray
28-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Hibs have said there's unlikely to be any problem for those who have already paid up.

CapitalGreen
28-03-2019, 11:04 AM
I imagine the renewal deadline may be extended if necessary

SquashedFrogg
28-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Hopefully this can be resolved. Could have a significant effect.

Peevemor
28-03-2019, 11:11 AM
Hopefully this can be resolved. Could have a significant effect.

If not I'm sure the club will get something else organised.

mvteng
28-03-2019, 11:15 AM
I imagine the renewal deadline may be extended if necessary

Hopefully the early bird deal as well

matty_f
28-03-2019, 11:18 AM
There's no news on the Zebra Finance website that shows any issues with the company, and they're advertising their service as a provider for other clubs as well, so hopefully it's just a technical glitch at the moment that is quickly resolved.

Oscar T Grouch
28-03-2019, 11:29 AM
I've just tried to call them to change my DD date, they aren't answering calls. Just followed the menu and got a message saying "We are unable to take your call right now" In the years I have used them for my ST I have always got through to them no matter the issue.

cabbage_88
28-03-2019, 11:30 AM
https://www.s****horpe-united.co.uk/news/2019/march/zebra-finance/

Seems like this is an issue across the board...this is Scun thorpe's website - doesn't sound promising

Since link not working, it says:

We have today been informed that Zebra Finance are removing their finance service from the football market with immediate effect.

This means the Zebra Finance option to purchase a 2019-20 12th Man Package will no longer be available to S****horpe United supporters.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and recognise that spreading the cost of a season ticket is an important option for some fans.

We will explore the feasibility of alternatives, however unfortunately there is no guarantee we will be able to offer this for the 2019/20 season.

Those with current agreements already in place with Zebra Finance will be unaffected.

The 90+2
28-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Zebra finance is going down the swanny it seems. Strange time to be happening considering they finance football fans across the country this time of year.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2019, 11:32 AM
If we can’t find another provider season ticket numbers will take a serious hit.

hibee_girl
28-03-2019, 11:35 AM
That’ll be why I couldn’t find the payment plan option when I went to renew this morning.

Hope they get it sorted as can’t afford to do it without the payment plan

Stuart93
28-03-2019, 11:35 AM
Seems as though it’s an issue for every club who use zebra finance for ST’s and not just hibs. Zebra are removing their finance service from the football market altogether but those with an arrangement already in place will remain unaffected

Oscar T Grouch
28-03-2019, 11:39 AM
Their website has removed all options on their ST application section. There must be more to it than them pulling out of one marketplace, as they aren't answering phones and their online help option has been taken down, they may well be up the swanny. I would assume that mean those of us who have taken finance with them will need to pay a receiver or liquidator? I am not sure what happens tbh but they provide ST for a huge amount of clubs across the UK!!

Peevemor
28-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Hibs first finance partners for ST purchases was a crowd called The Associates 20 odd years ago. At the time they didn't charge any interest but only an administration fee (£25-30?). This was a loss leader for them as their main aim was to get people on their database to eventualy offer them car loans and the likes. I know as it was my sister who set the deal up (I got some tasty board level snippets at the time).

I don't know how much Zebra take, but if it's the same idea as my sister's old crew and they're in trouble then it'd make sense for them to stop the ST stuff if it's costing/losing them money in the short term.

Newry Hibs
28-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Just a thought - if a finance company can't do it, then people could take out a 12month interest free credit card and pay for the ticket(s) up front - making sure they pay off the card in the 12 months.

I'm aware this wouldn't / isn't possible for everyone.

Antifa Hibs
28-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Peevemor wrote...

Hibs first finance partners for ST purchases was a crowd called The Associates 20 odd years ago. At the time they didn't charge any interest but only an administration fee (£25-30?). This was a loss leader for them as their main aim was to get people on their database to eventualy offer them car loans and the likes. I know as it was my sister who set the deal up (I got some tasty board level snippets at the time).

I don't know how much Zebra take, but if it's the same idea as my sister's old crew and they're in trouble then it'd make sense for them to stop the ST stuff if it's costing/losing them money in the short term.

Just done a quick google and previous brochures from Aberdeen and Millwall seem to suggest there's a 10% fee on top of the season ticket.

Going to affect all clubs. Also from Googling Man Utd, Celtic, Arsenal, Leeds, Villa etc all use Zebra.

Albanian Hibs
28-03-2019, 12:18 PM
No payment plan, no season tickets for us.

weecounty hibby
28-03-2019, 12:24 PM

Sadly I think we would be the same. Hopefully this gets sorted soon

hibbymac
28-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Just a thought - if a finance company can't do it, then people could take out a 12month interest free credit card and pay for the ticket(s) up front - making sure they pay off the card in the 12 months.

:agree: Obviously all dependant on individuals credit score/circumstances, but it is an option.

taking out a new card or buying on your existing credit card and transfer the balance to a new card. But as Newry says, ensure you pay it within the 11/12 months as it would've been through Zebra.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards/

Edit:- do be aware if you transfer a balance, not all, but a lot of card providers charge a one off "Fee".

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/balance-transfer-credit-cards/

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2019, 12:59 PM

That's a good idea, for those who can get one, then make the same monthly payment as the finance option. This could have a big impact if not sorted, and not just at Hibs.

Power
28-03-2019, 01:09 PM

It’s a good shout and one that I’m exploring with the wee man for next season now - it was always an option (repayment on my terms too) but because the instalment plan was linked to the purchase at 0% I went for that ‘easy’ option.

Really a headache Hibs and other clubs could do without.

I’m sure Hibs will beef up the communication to everyone but it is very much if you got in before the Finance door slammed shut continue as is.

If you didn’t and that’s your preferred payment option then watch this space.

.Sean.
28-03-2019, 01:15 PM
For arguments sake if Zebra go tits up - what happens to us who already have agreements with them for the forthcoming season?

Sir David Gray
28-03-2019, 01:17 PM
For arguments sake if Zebra go tits up - what happens to us who already have agreements with them for the forthcoming season?

There seems to be suggestions from other clubs who have Zebra in place that anyone who already has an agreement in place doesn't need to worry about any issues, whatever they may be.

proud_and_green
28-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Zebra finance is going down the swanny it seems. Strange time to be happening considering they finance football fans across the country this time of year.I would have thought it is the most probable time for them to go under. This is when they will have to pay out the most cash which then takes 11 months to come back in.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
28-03-2019, 01:27 PM
I would have thought it is the most probable time for them to go under. This is when they will have to pay out the most cash which then takes 11 months to come back in.

Yeah didn’t look at it like that. Apologies.

Government funded perhaps?

Aim Here
28-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Zebra finance is going down the swanny it seems. Strange time to be happening considering they finance football fans across the country this time of year.

Not that strange, if you think about it. I suspect their business model is that they get the application from club/fans, they pay the club upfront for the whole yearly Season Ticket and then get the money back from the fans through the course of the year, skimming some commission off the top.

It's Season Ticket renewal time when they have to pay their bills (i.e. pay all these clubs for the season tickets they're collecting money from) so if they've got cashflow problems, then now is the time when they'll go tits up. It's consistent with this not affecting folks who've already signed up to the plan, since that's just an exercise in collecting money from debtors.

proud_and_green
28-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Yeah didn’t look at it like that. Apologies.

Government funded perhaps?No need to apologise.

Can't imagine the Govt jumping in to be honest. It'll be whoever their funder is which will have to carry the can.

Oscar T Grouch
28-03-2019, 02:12 PM
This has appeared on their website now.

Zebra Finance Limited is no longer accepting credit applications from new or existing customers. Zebra Finance Limited continues to operate to service existing customers.

Important Information if you have an open agreement with Zebra Finance Limited

Your credit agreement with Zebra Finance Limited is still live and you will need to continue paying by Direct Debit

Zebra Finance Limited will continue to collect your payments as normal. This will be by Direct Debit and will shows as RRSZebra on your bank statement.
Important information if you are currently applying for a loan with Zebra Finance Limited

If you have applied for credit and your application has not yet been accepted or you have not signed your credit agreement your application will now be cancelled and you will be notified of this in writing.

You will need to contact your services supplier (club/clinic) to arrange an alternative method of payment.

If you have received your activation/Direct Debit Instruction letter your loan will be live, payment will be made to your services supplier (club/clinic) and payments will be taken as detailed in your credit agreement, they will show as RRSZebra on your bank statement.

Auto Renewal customers

If you are an auto renewal customer, your credit agreement will not be renewed and we will be writing out to you shortly.

You will need to contact your club to arrange alternative payment methods for your season ticket/golf membership.

Questions regarding Season Tickets or Golf Memberships

Any questions regarding your season ticket itself or your golf membership should be directed to your club in the first instance.

Besties Debut
28-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Zebra has been struggling for a while and this doesn't come as a surprise. However, financing the payment plan for season ticket holders is easy money for finance companies so expect someone else to quickly fill the breach.

PatHead
28-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Zebra has been struggling for a while and this doesn't come as a surprise. However, financing the payment plan for season ticket holders is easy money for finance companies so expect someone else to quickly fill the breach.

Doubt it will be interest free though. Must have been costing Hibs a fortune to pay the interest.

Besties Debut
28-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Doubt it will be interest free though. Must have been costing Hibs a fortune to pay the interest. I doubt Rod Petrie would take a financial hit over anything so i can imagine the interest free season tickets paid for themselves in the end.

Alan62
28-03-2019, 02:40 PM
I doubt Rod Petrie would take a financial hit over anything so i can imagine the interest free season tickets paid for themselves in the end.

Everything that you can buy has a 'cost of sale'. The club has always factored the cost of paying Zebra into the cost of sale. That cost may now go up if a new provider is taken on board.

Incidentally, if folks are looking for low-cost credit, Paypal also extends a 4 month interest-free deal to some customers on purchases over £100.

The 90+2
28-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Any news from the fans rep on here yet?

Jay
28-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Any news from the fans rep on here yet?

Traceys answered on this thread

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?338409-Zebra-Finance/page3

superfurryhibby
28-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Same with my group. I bought 4 adult seasons. Seems unlikely we’ll all renew if there is no payment plan.

Besties Debut
28-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Everything that you can buy has a 'cost of sale'. The club has always factored the cost of paying Zebra into the cost of sale. That cost may now go up if a new provider is taken on board.

Incidentally, if folks are looking for low-cost credit, Paypal also extends a 4 month interest-free deal to some customers on purchases over £100. There are also plenty of interest-free credit cards you could use. Most of them are well in excess of 12 months

cleanyman
28-03-2019, 03:47 PM
Ooooft

Hopefully we get something else

I couldn't stump up the £385 in one go this year

The 90+2
28-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Traceys answered on this thread

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?338409-Zebra-Finance/page3

Thank you. Appreciated.

Antifa Hibs
28-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Shows how expensive football has become when the only way people can afford a season ticket is by spreading the cost over 11 months. Seen fans from alot clubs (even the larger ones down south) saying they'll struggle if no alternative is found. Hopefully somethings sorted.

Fuzzywuzzy
28-03-2019, 04:25 PM
They've already taken the first instalment from me for 19/20

JimBHibees
28-03-2019, 04:26 PM
They've already taken the first instalment from me for 19/20

Update re payments here

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?338633-Official-Site-UPDATE-ZEBRA-FINANCE

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2019, 05:59 PM
If need be, could Hibs run it in house?

Albanian Hibs
28-03-2019, 06:10 PM
There are also plenty of interest-free credit cards you could use. Most of them are well in excess of 12 months

Any recommendations?

JSR1875
28-03-2019, 06:17 PM
Any recommendations?

Virgin money
28month interest free

Albanian Hibs
28-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Virgin money
28month interest free

I was actually just looking at this one!

Sir David Gray
28-03-2019, 07:00 PM

They would need to be regulated by the FCA to offer credit agreements.

tamsonsbairn
28-03-2019, 07:05 PM

same goes for me Alana.

Jay
28-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Virgin money
28month interest free

I got one of these to buy my sons car. Arrived quickly and had no problem with them, as youd expect. I set up a D/D to pay enough to guarantee it was paid off within 28 months but he has paid extra in as he could.

H18 SFR
28-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Just took out a 27 month 0% credit card with Barclaycard via Money Saving Expert Credit Club. Checks the acceptance percentage before you fully apply.

SChibs
28-03-2019, 08:08 PM

It's worth adding that when you pay off the credit card close the account so you can take out another one and get another interest free period

Albanian Hibs
28-03-2019, 09:11 PM
same goes for me Alana.

I just got accepted for a virgin money credit card Franny, interest free for 26 months.

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2019, 09:18 PM
I just got accepted for a virgin money credit card Franny, interest free for 26 months.

Great stuff. Hopefully it's an option which helps others if need be. It will be interesting to see what happens with this story.

Chez
28-03-2019, 11:35 PM

According to this fans who's been approved by Zebra will not be affected

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hearts-and-hibs-season-tickets-in-chaos-as-finance-company-terminates-agreements-1-4897677

BlackSheep
29-03-2019, 06:42 AM
I strongly discourage anyone from jumping onto a credit card to pay for their ST. This situation will get sorted, there will be companies jumping at the chance to work with football teams to finance STs, don’t have a knee jerk reaction and potentially put yourself in debt... it can be a slippery slope.

Speedy
29-03-2019, 07:05 AM
I strongly discourage anyone from jumping onto a credit card to pay for their ST. This situation will get sorted, there will be companies jumping at the chance to work with football teams to finance STs, don’t have a knee jerk reaction and potentially put yourself in debt... it can be a slippery slope.

Taking finance from Zebra is debt as well. As long as people treat it the same then there's no issue.

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2019, 07:10 AM

I'm not sure how that would work. The current scheme has Zebra paying the club up-front, and collecting from the fans.

If the club took it in-house, where would the up-front payment come from?

B.H.F.C
29-03-2019, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure how that would work. The current scheme has Zebra paying the club up-front, and collecting from the fans.

Of course there would be no up front payment and it would simply be a case of Hibs allowing people to pay in instalments.

My mind might be playing tricks on me, but I’m positive that Hibs did something similar before Zebra came on the scene. It wasn’t a credit agreement or anything but I’m sure they had a payment plan in place where you could spread the cost over 3 or 4 months. They maybe only did it for a year or two.

Peevemor
29-03-2019, 07:24 AM

While the up-front money is useful if spare cash is needed for summer transfer deals it's not essential. As you well know, the money will be spent fairly regularly throughout the year so as long as it keeps coming in there's no real problem (other than additional administration).

What's more important is that the club know the level of ST sales to prepare it's budgets.

BlackSheep
29-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Taking finance from Zebra is debt as well. As long as people treat it the same then there's no issue.

Taking finance from Zebra is a fixed price loan of sorts, where you will pay no more than the agreed sum, and over the agreed period.

Taking on a credit card that has a 0% interest period that is not infinite and more than likely a higher credit limit is a much higher risk and for many will end up placing them in debt.

Yes one can say “as long as they’re responsible” but for some tempatation is too much, “oh I’ll just spend a wee bit more here and there” until they are further in debt... as I said before it’s a slippery slope... I’ve watched it happen and spiral out of control.

I will reiterate, and point out it’s just an opinion, I strongly discourage anyone from jumping the gun and taking on a credit card for their ST, Hibs will find a new partner to enable the payment plan again. Have patience.

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2019, 07:47 AM
While the up-front money is useful if spare cash is needed for summer transfer deals it's not essential. As you well know, the money will be spent fairly regularly throughout the year so as long as it keeps coming in there's no real problem (other than additional administration).

What's more important is that the club know the level of ST sales to prepare it's budgets.

....But it would restrict us in terms of paying transfer fees and signing-on fees.

Peevemor
29-03-2019, 07:55 AM
....But it would restrict us in terms of paying transfer fees and signing-on fees.

That's where the "cash in hand" comes in, along with the first few 10k+ monthly (or whatever) instalments.

CropleyWasGod
29-03-2019, 08:12 AM
That's where the "cash in hand" comes in, along with the first few 10k+ monthly (or whatever) instalments.

That cash in hand is largely due to the Zebra funding.

jst1875
29-03-2019, 08:14 AM
what we need is a wealthy benefactor to put the money up front for the club and we all pay said
benefactor back in instalments ......... stf :tin hat:

Peevemor
29-03-2019, 08:25 AM
That cash in hand is largely due to the Zebra funding.

Yes, but we don't spend millions on transfer and signing on fees.

I think in terms of cash, Hibs probably could do it themselves although there might be a bit of juggling. The biggest problem would be the administrative side - Hibs are a football club, not a finance company. On top of putting a mechanism/staff in place to deal with the sales/finance part, there's also all the guff that goes with it (people defaulting on payments, etc.).

LancashireHibby
29-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Yes, but we don't spend millions on transfer and signing on fees.

I think in terms of cash, Hibs probably could do it themselves although there might be a bit of juggling. The biggest problem would be the administrative side - Hibs are a football club, not a finance company. On top of putting a mechanism/staff in place to deal with the sales/finance part, there's also all the guff that goes with it (people defaulting on payments, etc.).
There is actually a facility built in to the Ticketmaster system for Direct Debits to be administered either in house or by Ticketmaster directly. Obviously this comes at a cost, but does at least mean a payment plan can still be offered. The positives for the club in this case would be that it would be able to be put in to place very quickly - something that I doubt would happen if partnering with another finance company with so many clubs in the same boat - but they would likely need to take on an extra member of staff to administer the scheme and the club would only receive the money as the payments arrive rather than a lump sum so this may affect how the club deals with its cashflow.