PDA

View Full Version : OGS appointed permanently

Hibbyradge
28-03-2019, 09:05 AM
Ole Gunnar Solskjær appointed as Manchester United’s permanent manager

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/28/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-appointed-manchester-united-permanent-manager?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Northernhibee
28-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Well deserved.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Strange that they haven't waited until the end of the season to announce this.

They are out of the FA Cup to a Wolves side they should be beating, they are unlikely to beat Barcelona over two legs in the Champions League and top 4 is still by no means certain.

I personally would give him it as I think he's a good fit for the club and has certainly improved them in the last few months but from a board point of view they surely have to judge him on trophies and Champions League qualification.

GreenArmyyy!
28-03-2019, 09:30 AM
Excellent news, impossible not to like the guy!

Zazu62
28-03-2019, 10:04 AM

They are out of the FA Cup to a Wolves side they should be beating, they are unlikely to beat Barcelona over two legs in the Champions League and top 4 is still by no means certain.

I personally would give him it as I think he's a good fit for the club and has certainly improved them in the last few months but from a board point of view they surely have to judge him on trophies and Champions League qualification.

Have u seen Wolves play this season? They are a decent side

Sir David Gray
28-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Have u seen Wolves play this season? They are a decent side

I know they're a good side but with Manchester Utd being the form team in the country since Solskjaer took over they would have been expecting to win that one.

Sean1875
28-03-2019, 10:20 AM

Realistically though the 'big' teams in England don't really care about the FA cup as much as they really should so cant see that impacting any job prospects, and you can hardly blame OGS for the fact Man Utd were so far behind the top 4 when he took over, that blame needs to lie at Joses feet. The fact theyre even competing for the top 4 now is a minor miracle seeing as they weren't even really in the picture for it a few months ago so he deserves a lot of credit for that.
Also, would any team be 'likely' to beat Barcelona over 2 legs? They probably weren't fancied to beat PSG over two legs but they managed that so who knows, anythings possible!

Not a Man U fan myself but as an earlier poster has said hes a very likeable guy so im v. pleased for him :agree:

The 90+2
28-03-2019, 10:21 AM

It gives the squad a boost at the business end of the season plus lets them prepare for the summer now.

My_Wife_Camille
28-03-2019, 10:23 AM
He won’t see the end of next season imo

The 90+2
28-03-2019, 10:26 AM

In that case he will head back to Molde with suitcases of money like the monorail guy from the Simpson’s 😃

Hibernia&Alba
28-03-2019, 01:51 PM
It had to happen, given the results since he arrived, and the support would ahve have gone mad, if the job had been given to someone else. Appointing him now means he can start planning for next season, including potential transfers.

JimBHibees
28-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Interesting he was given the job just when the results were turning. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-03-2019, 02:35 PM

That is about the average shelf life for an EPL Manager though?

Besties Debut
28-03-2019, 03:37 PM
In that case he will head back to Molde with suitcases of money like the monorail guy from the Simpson’s 😃 They're not exactly poor as it is. Just after playing us they sold their striker for 9 million

frazeHFC
28-03-2019, 03:44 PM
I know they're a good side but with Manchester Utd being the form team in the country since Solskjaer took over they would have been expecting to win that one.

The form team, yet he's closed their gap on Liverpool a grand total of zero points. Agree with the point though, they should be beating Wolves albeit a good Wolves team.

Hibeesmad
28-03-2019, 04:50 PM
I honestly don't think he will win a domestic trophy

G B Young
28-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Best of luck to him. He's made a terrific start and if he'd come in a couple of months earlier Man U would be battling it out for the title.

I used to watch United a lot under Ferguson so it would be great if OGS can get them back to that level.

Michael
28-03-2019, 06:07 PM
I honestly don't think he will win a domestic trophy

Fancy him to win the Champions League?

marleyhib
28-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Could easily be anither big mistake from Man U, I couldn’t see any of the other top teams in the EPL appointing him. Yes he’s done well, he had an easy start and got some momentum going. Man U have good players , should be top 4, he’s just not proven and it’s a big risk.

Saying that I hope he proves me wrong.