PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths

The 90+2
27-03-2019, 06:50 PM
Announced he’s back in training tomorrow for Celtic.

Good luck to him and let’s all hope he can get back to the level he was at.

Good luck Sparky.

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2019, 06:52 PM
good luck to the laddie....except games against his heroes

Since452
27-03-2019, 07:04 PM
He'll come back better and stronger. Good luck to him.

Paisley Hibby
27-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Announced he’s back in training tomorrow for Celtic.

Good luck to him and let’s all hope he can get back to the level he was at.

Good luck Sparky.
Good stuff. Getting him fit so he's ready to sign for us in the Summer.....
....I wish

Betty Boop
27-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Nae good luck from me as long as he plays for them. Apparently he wants to finish his career at Parkhead.

SteveHFC
27-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Good stuff. Getting him fit so he's ready to sign for us in the Summer.....
....I wish

:hyper

27-03-2019, 09:17 PM
All the best to him, I hope he's now in a better place mentally and came out the other end of a dark place happier and stronger.

We forget sometimes that footballers and celebrities in general are people too and aren't immune to hurting. People seem to think abusing someone is ok because they are a public figure. Football is all about the rivalry, the banter and giving a bit of slagging to your rivals but too many people go way way over board. Some of the stuff Griffiths has had to endure on social media is disgusting, threats and abuse towards his children, death threats etc etc. Some very grim and disturbing stuff, it's really no wonder he's ended up needing time out for his mental wellbeing, that **** would get to anyone.

SChibs
27-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Nae good luck from me as long as he plays for them. Apparently he wants to finish his career at Parkhead.

Some things are more important than what team you play for.

hibbysam
27-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Some things are more important than what team you play for.

I’m sure everyone will wish him good health, but I’m not gonna sit and hope he bangs in goals when playing for another Scottish premiership club. Each to their own though.

Hibeesmad
27-03-2019, 10:05 PM

I think he will definitely be back at Hibs one day

Kaff
27-03-2019, 10:19 PM

He's probably earning £1m a year at Celtic, what do you expect him to say at this time where he's being supported by them while off work sick?
At whatever level of work you are at showing disregard to your supportive employers is not fair, football is different but for him to say anything about Hibs at this moment isn't right and on the face of it Celtic should be applauded for their support towards him.
If he does feel that he is inclined to finish his career there because of that help then fair play and possibly its what Celtic deserve for their approach.
All the best Sparky mk1, mk2 is doing just fine as well!

wpj
27-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Happy for him, getting back into the daily
Routine can be really stressful.i hope he continues his recovery as I would anyone coming back from illness. Wont be cheering him at football but will be wishing him well.

Jim44
27-03-2019, 10:31 PM
I’m sure everyone will wish him good health, but I’m not gonna sit and hope he bangs in goals when playing for another Scottish premiership club. Each to their own though.

He's probably earning £1m a year at Celtic, what do you expect him to say at this time where he's being supported by them while off work sick?
At whatever level of work you are at showing disregard to your supportive employers is not fair, football is different but for him to say anything about Hibs at this moment isn't right and on the face of it Celtic should be applauded for their support towards him.
If he does feel that he is inclined to finish his career there because of that help then fair play and possibly its what Celtic deserve for their approach.
All the best Sparky mk1, mk2 is doing just fine as well!

I wouldn’t wish bad health on my worst enemy, but I’ll never renege on my simple concept that ‘if a player is not with us, he’s against us’, So, sorry to all you Griffiths fans, I hope he has all the failure in the world while playing for them. I want them to fail so a poor Griffiths is instrumental in that.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2019, 10:40 PM

I think the good luck is more in a wider sense in regards to having overcome his personal problems.

I dislike Celtic as much as anyone on here but I hope his issues are behind him and he can concentrate on football.

SanFranHibs
27-03-2019, 10:52 PM

I do if he is banging them in against Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Hamilton and any other Scottish team he faces.

We just have to make sure he bangs in less against us :greengrin

neil7908
27-03-2019, 11:06 PM
All the best Leigh

hfc rd
27-03-2019, 11:08 PM
All the very best to him except when he plays against us of course 😁

Squealing pig
28-03-2019, 12:09 AM
All the best sparky a true hibby legend

Baader
28-03-2019, 02:02 AM

Think you've missed the sentiment. Away back to the 1930s, Betty.

Forza Fred
28-03-2019, 05:18 AM
All the very best to him except when he plays against us of course 😁

This seems the reasonable way to go, considering he left us on good terms and served ….and supported us well.

superfurryhibby
29-03-2019, 10:17 AM
I wouldn’t wish bad health on my worst enemy, but I’ll never renege on my simple concept that ‘if a player is not with us, he’s against us’, So, sorry to all you Griffiths fans, I hope he has all the failure in the world while playing for them. I want them to fail so a poor Griffiths is instrumental in that.

Churlish nonsense.

Since452
29-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Leigh served us well. Scored a barrel load of goals that probably kept us in the league and wore our colours with pride being the life long Hibs supporter that he is. Good luck to him.