25-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Pipe at a peep for a wee while .... England one down.:greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
25-03-2019, 08:06 PM
Pipe at a peep for a wee while .... England one down.:greengrin

Might watch it now 😁

Iain G
25-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Seems an odd team selection by Southgate, giving two inexperienced players their full debuts?

BullsCloseHibs
25-03-2019, 08:15 PM
As I said the other night, there are weak links throughout this England team and for that reason they will present no problem to the bigger guns in next summers final. Its a team that doesn't look right.

Jim44
25-03-2019, 08:16 PM
Seems an odd team selection by Southgate, giving two inexperienced players their full debuts?

Probably sees Montenegro as no competition and so a blank cheque to blood untried players ..... 1-1 now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-03-2019, 08:16 PM
Simple goal

BullsCloseHibs
25-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Just listen to the tripe they sing. Urgghh

Diclonius
25-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Ah well, was funny for a few minutes.

Iain G
25-03-2019, 08:19 PM
As I said the other night, there are weak links throughout this England team and for that reason they will present no problem to the bigger guns in next summers final. Its a team that doesn't look right.

Providing Kane stays fit they have good options to play around him but the midfield never seems right and Dele Alli doesn't do much for me in there, the central defence and Pickford are likely to make mistakes that will be punished at a high level. It feels kind of imbalanced?

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 08:19 PM

???

Iain G
25-03-2019, 08:21 PM

Just glad Glenn Hoddle isn't in the commentary box today slavering on...

stoneyburn hibs
25-03-2019, 08:22 PM

He's letting them play as apparently England don't have a friendly for around a year.

Sir David Gray
25-03-2019, 08:24 PM
2-1 England

AltheHibby
25-03-2019, 08:24 PM
???

The National Anthem I assume. I wish we had a decent one about the people rather than a single person.

cleanyman
25-03-2019, 08:26 PM
What a team

Splendid

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 08:29 PM
The National Anthem I assume. I wish we had a decent one about the people rather than a single person.

Fair enough. It’s enjoyable watching England these days for me and the way they are going about their business. Southgate is the exact opposite of anything we have had in charge or even England have had since Robson.

theonlywayisup
25-03-2019, 08:31 PM
I fear that this England team will start winning competitions. They've done it at the under age groups and now the national team will do it soon.

It's not a good time to be a Scotland fan.

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Ian Wright always reminds you why you dislike England thankfully.

Bangkok Hibby
25-03-2019, 08:43 PM
I fear that this England team will start winning competitions. They've done it at the under age groups and now the national team will do it soon.

It's not a good time to be a Scotland fan.

No, only English people really think this. "Its coming home" bollocks. Nowhere near championship winning form yet. Agree the young teams have plenty potential but a huge step to Euros or WC

Hibeesmad
25-03-2019, 08:44 PM
My money will be on England to win Euro 2020

chrisski33
25-03-2019, 08:44 PM
No, only English people really think this. "Its coming home" bollocks. Nowhere near championship winning form yet.

Closer than Scotland ever will be

Bangkok Hibby
25-03-2019, 08:45 PM
My money will be on England to win Euro 2020

Plenty home games I believe?

Jonnyboy
25-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Just glad Glenn Hoddle isn't in the commentary box today slavering on...

He’s slavering his pish in Lisbon tonight.

He did get one thing right though in calling out the odious Pepe for a shocking challenge on Tadic. Got a yellow but should have been a red.

Bangkok Hibby
Closer than Scotland ever will be

Whataboutery! Who mentioned Scotland?

Hibeesmad
Plenty home games I believe?

Correct. Semi finals and final will be played at Wembley.

marinello59
25-03-2019, 08:47 PM
No, only English people really think this. "Its coming home" bollocks. Nowhere near championship winning form yet. Agree the young teams have plenty potential but a huge step to Euros or WC

The coming home stuff was just a song they sung while they partied their way through the World Cup last year. It looked great fun. If only Scotland could fail like that.

Bangkok Hibby
25-03-2019, 08:47 PM

So maybe a good lay on Betfair

Bangkok Hibby
25-03-2019, 08:49 PM
The coming home stuff was just a song they sung while they partied their way through the World Cup last year. It looked great fun. If only Scotland could fail like that.

Mmm I work with mainly English, Smoggies in particular. They believe it!

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 08:50 PM

They could hammer any nation on their day. And the worrying thing is they are only going to get better and better with the facilities they have down south developing players.

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 08:52 PM

They will win the Euros, them or France.

Bangkok Hibby
25-03-2019, 08:52 PM
They could hammer any nation on their day. And the worrying thing is they are only going to get better and better with the facilities they have down south developing players.

I agree, but I'm sure there's money to be made on laying England for a while yet 😀

marinello59
25-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Mmm I work with mainly English, Smoggies in particular. They believe it!

They got to a semi final and are still improving. Sometimes supporting a team involves dreaming about the impossible. I won’t grudge them that.

Hibeesmad
25-03-2019, 08:55 PM
They will win the Euros, them or France.

I've been saying Belgium for the last two major tournaments but they never seem to be able to turn up when it matters

JeMeSouviens
25-03-2019, 08:56 PM
I've been saying Belgium for the last two major tournaments but they never seem to be able to turn up when it matters

Did better than England in Russia.

Bangkok Hibby
25-03-2019, 08:56 PM
They got to a semi final and are still improving. Sometimes supporting a team involves dreaming about the impossible. I won’t grudge them that.

No of course not. But the route to the semi wasn't the hardest was it? They are forgetting that. Still all bluster yet.

Diclonius
25-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Something has changed about England since Hodgson left in 2016. They will win a major tournament nae bother soon. Have to be one of the favourites for Euro 2020.

The sooner we accept it the easier it'll be for us when it happens.

Hibeesmad
25-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Did better than England in Russia.

They did indeed but to throw a 1-0 lead against Wales showed their mental strength in these competitions

Pretty Boy
25-03-2019, 09:02 PM
3-1.

Easy to slag them but I'm impressed. Young team in a hostile atmosphere doing a professional job efficiently.

Betty Boop
25-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Gareth Southgate has done a great job. They appear to have a good team spirit.

JeMeSouviens
25-03-2019, 09:03 PM
They did indeed but to throw a 1-0 lead against Wales showed their mental strength in these competitions

Yeah, they choked in the euros but looked stronger in the world cup.

B.H.F.C
25-03-2019, 09:03 PM
The best thing Southgate has done is give young players a chance. Not 10 or 15 minutes here or there. Proper game time in proper matches. They all play in their own position and if they do well they keep their place. They’re all well aware of that so they’re desperate to turn up and impress.

marinello59
25-03-2019, 09:05 PM
No of course not. But the route to the semi wasn't the hardest was it? They are forgetting that. Still all bluster yet.

if only we got easy games as well like Kazakhstan and San Marino when we play competitive games. We’d be world beaters as well. :greengrin
They reached a World Cup semi final. No matter how they got their it was still a significant achievement.

Lago
25-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Something has changed about England since Hodgson left in 2016. They will win a major tournament nae bother soon. Have to be one of the favourites for Euro 2020.

The sooner we accept it the easier it'll be for us when it happens.

Agree, Southgate has done really well, not frightened to bring young players in & the whole set up at all age levels is so professional. Can only look with envy when you compare it to the Scotland set up. Still we live in hope.

we are hibs
25-03-2019, 09:06 PM
England always skoosh the qualifiers. When it really matters we all know what happens.

ancient hibee
25-03-2019, 09:08 PM
England always skoosh the qualifiers. When it really matters we all know what happens.
Yeh,they get into a World Cup semi.

Bangkok Hibby
25-03-2019, 09:09 PM
if only we got easy games as well like Kazakhstan and San Marino when we play competitive games. We’d be world beaters as well. :greengrin
They reached a World Cup semi final. No matter how they got their it was still a significant achievement.

I agree reaching a WC semi is something to be proud of. But the route there shouldnt spark thoughts of winning the Euros

Hibeesmad
25-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Yeah, they choked in the euros but looked stronger in the world cup.

They have only lost 2 games since September 2016, you can never rule them out and I'm sure they will be there or there about but I just don't think they have that bit extra to win something. We will see

Lago
25-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Pity we couldn't.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2019, 09:15 PM
I think the key for England is getting Sterling to perform consistently. Bags of talent but doesn't always turn up. He's looked very lively tonight and is such a huge asset on the break as he just showed there.

Hibeesmad
25-03-2019, 09:15 PM
I think that players being in form for their club has a big impact on the international stage. The likes of Walker, Maguire, Alli and Kane were in incredible form leading up to their world cup campaign.

They now have the likes of Rice, Chilwell, Sterling, Rashford and Sancho who have improved incredibly well this season and have been arguably some of the best youngsters in Europe.

Golden Bear
25-03-2019, 09:20 PM
I enjoy watching them which is more than I can say about our bunch of so called football players. Sad but true.

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 09:22 PM
Southgate can’t lose after taking them over and leading them to the semis of the wc when expected to do nothing.

What he’s doing now is playing a team with the shackles off, no pressure, he’s a legend anyway and it’s showing ok the pitch with the freedom and movement of tactics and players playing instead of superstar individuals to reply on. They’ve torn apart two decent teams over the weekend, it’s good to watch and looks fun. **** sake 5.

Lago
25-03-2019, 09:22 PM
5th goal perfect!
Pass, movement, goal!

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 09:24 PM
5-1 up and they are still pressuring the defence. Their attitude is top notch.

marinello59
I agree reaching a WC semi is something to be proud of. But the route there shouldnt spark thoughts of winning the Euros

If Scotland had done that I’d be dreaming of winning the Euros no matter how unrealistic it was. It’s what fans do.
Remember that time Peru and Iran stopped us from winning the World Cup? Thank **** we had the victory parade before the team headed off to Argentina. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
Southgate can’t lose after taking them over and leading them to the semis of the wc when expected to do nothing.

What he’s doing now is playing a team with the shackles off, no pressure, he’s a legend anyway and it’s showing ok the pitch with the freedom and movement of tactics and players playing instead of superstar individuals to reply on. They’ve torn apart two decent teams over the weekend, it’s good to watch and looks fun. **** sake 5.

Every English player will be desperate to be in that squad at the minute. It looks a great environment to play football in.

essexhibee
25-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Need to book next years holiday around the finals weekend at this rate jesus.

theonlywayisup
25-03-2019, 09:27 PM
5-1

Unfortunately this England team are going to get better and better. FFS they are playing 18 year old who tonight has had his first professional start.

Meanwhile, at Scotland......

It's embarrassing.

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Every English player will be desperate to be in that squad at the minute. It looks a great environment to play football in.

Which is a massive contrast to the individuals who looked like they wanted to be anywhere but playing for their country or like our squad the now. I agree it looks brand new, as it does in Wales. This England team are special though as a team and like pointed out they are all developing as teams at the other levels too.

Smartie
25-03-2019, 09:31 PM
All this circle jerking just makes the first listen of "it's coming home" after they've inevitably been papped out again on penalties in the latter stages all the more pleasurable.

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 09:31 PM
5-1

Unfortunately this England team are going to get better and better. FFS they are playing 18 year old who tonight has had his first professional start.

Meanwhile, at Scotland......

It's embarrassing.

Reaching the WC Semi when he was expected to do not a lot gives Southgate the freedom to do so, there’s no pressure on him or this team and it’s a joy to watch. It’s like Germany after they won the Euro 21s in 2007 or 2006.

Lago
25-03-2019, 09:41 PM
All this circle jerking just makes the first listen of "it's coming home" after they've inevitably been papped out again on penalties in the latter stages all the more pleasurable.
Boy oh boy how I wish I could live long enough to see Scotland papped out in the latter stages of any major tournament.😣

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Boy oh boy how I wish I could live long enough to see Scotland papped out in the latter stages of any major tournament.😣

Never made one since I’ve been old enough to go. Typical. Scotland make the Euros any stadium will be jam packed which is ironic as it will probably be Hampden. Get the Judas away and we still have a chance.

BullsCloseHibs
25-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Ian Wright... "we should be proud of our manager and players... Its all aligning"

Let's see if you come up with same comment after the next gubbin. It WILL happen.

MWHIBBIES
25-03-2019, 10:32 PM
They're an excellent side, so much young talent. Will be competing for years to come.

hfc rd
25-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Hate to admit but it’s time to take off those tinted spectacles and just look at the reality. They look very, very good. Most of all they have a very good young squad and are only just going to get better with more experience. Some fantastic youngsters coming through plus both the players and the management seem to have a real good bond together. A proper team mentality and togetherness. Something I haven’t seen from them for a very long time and definitely not something I can say about Scotland.

Definitely will be competing whether we like it or not. That’s the reality.

LancsHibs
25-03-2019, 11:19 PM
Never has there been such a gap between the England & Scotland national sides as there is right now. On different stratospheres!

Stuart93
25-03-2019, 11:19 PM
Ian Wright... "we should be proud of our manager and players... Its all aligning"

Let's see if you come up with same comment after the next gubbin. It WILL happen.

When was their last “gubbin”?

JeMeSouviens
25-03-2019, 11:38 PM
Never has there been such a gap between the England & Scotland national sides as there is right now. On different stratospheres!

Now that is sadly unarguable.

Fwiw, I think England should be contenders for the Euros but they still lack a bit in the midfield for me. They need an Eriksen/Modric/de Bruyne. They overwhelm poor teams but they don’t control games against quality as we saw against Belgium and Croatia last summer. If they can fill in that missing piece then maybe.

heretoday
25-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Southgate must be an inspiring manager. He's even got Ross Barkley performing well.

Mibbes Aye
26-03-2019, 12:49 AM
Gareth Southgate has done a great job. They appear to have a good team spirit.

Southgate must be an inspiring manager. He's even got Ross Barkley performing well.

I think Southgate and his backroom staff do lots of little but important things behind the scenes very well. This contributes to a positive environment.

I read that prior to the World Cup they had arranged for every squad player to get a personal message from an England great who had played in their position, as a motivational tool. So Jordan Pickford got a written note from Gordon Banks etc.

JimBHibees
26-03-2019, 07:18 AM
Hate to admit but it’s time to take off those tinted spectacles and just look at the reality. They look very, very good. Most of all they have a very good young squad and are only just going to get better with more experience. Some fantastic youngsters coming through plus both the players and the management seem to have a real good bond together. A proper team mentality and togetherness. Something I haven’t seen from them for a very long time and definitely not something I can say about Scotland.

Definitely will be competing whether we like it or not. That’s the reality.

Agree the writing was on the wall when their age group teams 17s/19s/21s i think started winning tournaments which has never really happened before. They are no doubt benefiting on the back of the massive club investment in facilities and expertise in the academy set up plus the enormous investment in St Georges park which appears to be on a different planet. Whilst absolutely realising the enormous gulf in investment between the two counties and top level clubs it is an awful stark contrast where we are with IMO an outdated manager, players doing as much as they can not to play the most bizarre being Fletcher not being picked for Scotland squad for injury then next day scores for his club :faf: plus not getting the best out of who is there.

LancsHibs
26-03-2019, 07:24 AM

Yes I laughed when he was appointed. Hats off to him

green day
26-03-2019, 07:24 AM
Another good win for England.

On a slightly sour note, I see that the neanderthals were out with their monkey chants at the black English players.

Good to see Southgate talking about it and that perhaps they need to be closing stadiums. Sterlings tweet afterwards was amusing, but there are some countries (most of the balkan countries seem to have form) where this is a regular occurrence.

Montenegro manager said he "didnt hear it", and didnt understand why he should be answering questions about it:rolleyes:

Disgusting behaviour all round, and those countries need to be pulled up by FIFA etc. It wouldnt surprise me if a manager like Southgate didnt take his team off the field one day in protest, although in some ways that plays into the racists hands.

Chucking some countries out might give Scotland another route to qualify too.........................

LancsHibs
26-03-2019, 07:30 AM

On a slightly sour note, I see that the neanderthals were out with their monkey chants at the black English players.

Good to see Southgate talking about it and that perhaps they need to be closing stadiums. Sterlings tweet afterwards was amusing, but there are some countries (most of the balkan countries seem to have form) where this is a regular occurrence.

Montenegro manager said he "didnt hear it", and didnt understand why he should be answering questions about it:rolleyes:

Disgusting behaviour all round, and those countries need to be pulled up by FIFA etc. It wouldnt surprise me if a manager like Southgate didnt take his team off the field one day in protest, although in some ways that plays into the racists hands.

Chucking some countries out might give Scotland another route to qualify too.........................

Maybe we should have the same reaction to the bile sectarian crap that comes from the OF supporters in this country? In fact why do we even dress it up as sectarianism and not just call it racism as that’s what it is in the 21st century. Maybe that would be the first step? Wonder what Southgate would think if he brought his team to Ibrox and the abuse Declan Rice and his other Catholic players would get:hmmm:

hibsbollah
26-03-2019, 07:47 AM

Raheem Sterling was great, both in earcupping the racists when he scored and the eloquence with which he spoke afterwards.

CockneyRebel
26-03-2019, 09:15 AM

What exactly is wrong with that comment? Of course they'll get beat - every team does but why not enjoy it while it's happening? You would if it was Scotland.

JeMeSouviens
26-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Maybe we should have the same reaction to the bile sectarian crap that comes from the OF supporters in this country? In fact why do we even dress it up as sectarianism and not just call it racism as that’s what it is in the 21st century. Maybe that would be the first step? Wonder what Southgate would think if he brought his team to Ibrox and the abuse Declan Rice and his other Catholic players would get:hmmm:

:agree:

Most of the Scottish media ignores the constant background bigotry or treats it as a big joke then switches straight to pearl clutching handwringing when something happens as a result of it. :rolleyes:

highland hibbee
26-03-2019, 11:13 AM

Most of the Scottish media ignores the constant background bigotry or treats it as a big joke then switches straight to pearl clutching handwringing when something happens as a result of it. :rolleyes:

Looks like the IFA have now come out against bigotry , probably on the back of the upsurge in racism elsewhere.
Guarantee the SFA will make a statement about racism but ignore the festering boil within their own remit......

Onceinawhile
26-03-2019, 11:20 AM

Fwiw, I think England should be contenders for the Euros but they still lack a bit in the midfield for me. They need an Eriksen/Modric/de Bruyne. They overwhelm poor teams but they don’t control games against quality as we saw against Belgium and Croatia last summer. If they can fill in that missing piece then maybe.

Indeed. Just look at the result last time we played them. We were absolutely hammered.:wink:

Onceinawhile
26-03-2019, 11:23 AM

The problem with this, is that you can guarantee that FIFA would give the home team the points. You can be sure that no one is going to want to lose a game of football (that they would have won comfortably on the park) because the players walked off due to racism. Imagine for example, England didn't qualify for a world cup because they lost those three points? Financially the FA would take a massive hit and the players and fans would be deprived of a world cup experience.

Unless it's a meaningless game with qualification already ensured, it just won't happen unfortunately.

One Day Soon
26-03-2019, 11:55 AM

I think you're right on what's made them not quite good enough so far to be really serious contenders. The solution lies in either finding that key figure to control games OR developing a system that allows them to overcome that weakness by virtue of the strength of the team as a whole. That's where I think Southgate is heading, he's not trying to fit in 'big names' out of position to accommodate everyone, he's picking players who can naturally slot into the role and position required for the team as a whole.

I'd say that approach mirrors what previous winners of tournaments have generally done successfully - the Germans and Italians in particular when they've been strong. They have to be a great bet to make the final of the Euros though the 5-1 to win it that Bet 365 are offering seems a bit thin.

Lago
26-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Indeed. Just look at the result last time we played them. We were absolutely hammered.:wink:

I dread the thought of playing them at the moment, don't think it would be a pleasant experience,

Since452
26-03-2019, 12:30 PM
England are absolutely flying. Look a very good team which is worrying. Makes out predicament even more depressing.

ancient hibee
26-03-2019, 12:36 PM

There was a bit of a gap in 1961!

Southgate is doing so well because he learned national management through the age group teams and the players have grown up with him.We should think about Scott Gemmill.

overdrive
26-03-2019, 12:43 PM
The problem with this, is that you can guarantee that FIFA would give the home team the points. You can be sure that no one is going to want to lose a game of football (that they would have won comfortably on the park) because the players walked off due to racism. Imagine for example, England didn't qualify for a world cup because they lost those three points? Financially the FA would take a massive hit and the players and fans would be deprived of a world cup experience.

Unless it's a meaningless game with qualification already ensured, it just won't happen unfortunately.

Yep, the punishment for walking off the park will be more than the punishment for racism. Compare the fine Porto got for racially abusing Man City players (EUR 20,000) vs the fine Man City got for coming out a minute late for the second half vs Sporting (EUR 30,000).

The 90+2
26-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Southgate is doing so well because he learned national management through the age group teams and the players have grown up with him.We should think about Scott Gemmill.

Southgate was there when St George’s opened and was a prominent figure throughout about the design of it and how it should be structured.

Strachan was trying to do the same for us after Potter tried and failed because he reverted to type. Now it’s just a complete and utter shambles again where it’s not better for our players to go away and be developed by their clubs than go near the national sides.

JeMeSouviens
26-03-2019, 12:47 PM
I think you're right on what's made them not quite good enough so far to be really serious contenders. The solution lies in either finding that key figure to control games OR developing a system that allows them to overcome that weakness by virtue of the strength of the team as a whole. That's where I think Southgate is heading, he's not trying to fit in 'big names' out of position to accommodate everyone, he's picking players who can naturally slot into the role and position required for the team as a whole.

I'd say that approach mirrors what previous winners of tournaments have generally done successfully - the Germans and Italians in particular when they've been strong. They have to be a great bet to make the final of the Euros though the 5-1 to win it that Bet 365 are offering seems a bit thin.

Looking at the France and England lineups from last night, Kane would be my only definite English starter in a combined team vs Pogba, Griezmann, Mbappe, ****e from France. The rest fairly arguable. So I think France should be clear Euros favourites but in a one off game at Wembley, especially if it's the semi, you'd be foolish to write England off. I think their big problem could be they win this Nations' League thing and the hype is going to be mahoosive. Can they handle that?

Edit: Poor N'Golo triggers the swear filter. :greengrin

The 90+2
26-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Looking at the France and England lineups from last night, Kane would be my only definite English starter in a combined team vs Pogba, Griezmann, Mbappe, ****e from France. The rest fairly arguable. So I think France should be clear Euros favourites but in a one off game at Wembley, especially if it's the semi, you'd be foolish to write England off. I think their big problem could be they win this Nations' League thing and the hype is going to be mahoosive. Can they handle that?

The way England play I don’t think Griezmann would get in the team. Pogba and Mbappe definitely though.

JeMeSouviens
26-03-2019, 12:49 PM

How have our age group teams done with him? Genuine question, I haven't been following. I'm guessing nothing like England's or we'd all know about it.

The 90+2
26-03-2019, 12:51 PM
How have our age group teams done with him? Genuine question, I haven't been following. I'm guessing nothing like England's or we'd all know about it.

Qualified for nothing if that helps? The last campaign was over within a couple of games.

Biggie
26-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Qualified for nothing if that helps? The last campaign was over within a couple of games.

Oh well he's perfect then :greengrin

The 90+2
26-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Oh well he's perfect then :greengrin

Sounds identical come to think of it 😀

SanFranHibs
26-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Boy oh boy how I wish I could live long enough to see Scotland papped out in the latter stages of any major tournament.��

I joked years ago that if Scotland were awarded the Euros or the World Cup we could be the first host nation to fail to 'qualify'. We are that bad.

JeMeSouviens
26-03-2019, 01:08 PM

Hmmm.

Sir David Gray
26-03-2019, 01:15 PM

Anyone know why K_ante gets censored?

JeMeSouviens
26-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Anyone know why K_ante gets censored?

I think the first 4 letters of his name can be used as an alternative spelling of the "c word".

ancient hibee
26-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Think you’ll find that the u19s are undefeated in their last six games and the u21s have reached the semi final of the last two prestigious Toulon tournaments.aso itw’s not as bad as you make out.The under age teams do not look out of place internationally.

Sir David Gray
26-03-2019, 01:35 PM
I think the first 4 letters of his name can be used as an alternative spelling of the "c word".

Can the filter not be altered to allow words that contain swear words if there's other letters either side of it? Same goes for Sc_unthorpe.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Sky Sports taking the moral high ground on behalf of England against racism makes me boke. Anybody that attends EPL games on a semi regular basis will be able to tell you its a regular occurrence, where's the outrage there? Pesky foreigners!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Sky Sports taking the moral high ground on behalf of England against racism makes me boke. Anybody that attends EPL games on a semi regular basis will be able to tell you its a regular occurrence, where's the outrage there? Pesky foreigners!

Just watched an interview with John Barnes and he said it like it is, fair enough on SSN for showing it.

CockneyRebel
26-03-2019, 02:07 PM

You're right - pot/kettle. Until all of the British FAs mete out the right punishments to clubs/individuals on racism/bigotry we can't demand it from others.

green day
26-03-2019, 03:46 PM

Sorry, been out working - agreed entirely, and as someone else mentions, there would be a fine for walking off !!

However I wondered if England might do it if - as you say - they have already qualified, and dont care about a few grand as a fine?

Just heard that Eufa are trying to do something about this - which is good.

we are hibs
26-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Yeh,they get into a World Cup semi.

And release dvds to celebrate finishing 4th. It's pathetic from a self proclaimed "footballing powerhouse".

Allant1981
26-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Think you’ll find that the u19s are undefeated in their last six games and the u21s have reached the semi final of the last two prestigious Toulon tournaments.aso itw’s not as bad as you make out.The under age teams do not look out of place internationally.

Last 7 games now, since this time last year they have won 8, drawn 2 and lost 3, the under 21's have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 4 so not as good but nowhere near as bad as made out

CockneyRebel
26-03-2019, 04:41 PM
And release dvds to celebrate finishing 4th. It's pathetic from a self proclaimed "footballing powerhouse".

And that's harming you how?

ancient hibee
26-03-2019, 05:03 PM
No what is pathetic is not celebrating finishing 4th in the world it is failing to qualify for the tournament over a 20 year period.

Here’s Lucy!
26-03-2019, 05:14 PM

How were the sour grapes you had earlier? :wink:

No what is pathetic is not celebrating finishing 4th in the world it is failing to qualify for the tournament over a 20 year period.

:thumbsup:

CockneyRebel
26-03-2019, 05:45 PM

We all have an opinion and like a wee moan but FFS find something worthy of a moan - that's a pathetic effort.

hibsbollah
26-03-2019, 09:20 PM
The way England play I don’t think Griezmann would get in the team. Pogba and Mbappe definitely though.

I like Rashford but there is no way he's a better second striker than Antoine Griezman.

BILLYHIBS
27-03-2019, 06:26 AM

:wtf:

Greizmann wouldnt get in the England team?

:faf:

Struggling to think of any English that would get a game for France tbh maybe Harry Kane?

We are after all talking about the World Champions

Rashford is a talent but has done nothing yet

Greizmanns goals record at the highest level speaks for itself and he will have Barca and Man Utd fighting for his signature in the summer

we are hibs
27-03-2019, 07:13 AM
And that's harming you how?

We all have an opinion and like a wee moan but FFS find something worthy of a moan - that's a pathetic effort.

A pathetic effort which you replied to twice within an hour:greengrin. It's true though isn't it? Would you see Germany, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, France ect release a DVD for finishing 4th at a major tournament? No chance. As I said very diddy for a country who self proclaims themselves to be on a level footing with such countries as those I mentioned.

we are hibs
27-03-2019, 07:14 AM

Absolutely no idea why you are bringing up Scotland in a thread about England. It's totally irrelevant.

marinello59
27-03-2019, 07:27 AM
A pathetic effort which you replied to twice within an hour:greengrin. It's true though isn't it? Would you see Germany, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, France ect release a DVD for finishing 4th at a major tournament? No chance. As I said very diddy for a country who self proclaims themselves to be on a level footing with such countries as those I mentioned.
Did you see the scenes in England last summer, they had one hell of a party while their time in the tournament lasted. They had low expectations going in to that World Cup and there continues to be a level of realism about where they are despite the desperate attempts of some to look for evidence to the contrary.
What’s the problem with releasing a DVD so their fans can relive some of the great times they had? It’s a real bonus if it has ruffled the feathers of jealous English hating Scots with chips on their shoulders. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Remember when Hibs released a VHS of a defeat in Europe to AEK Athens......

Michael
27-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Remember when Hibs released a VHS of a defeat in Europe to AEK Athens......

Should have released one for the Malmö game. We'd have made a fortune selling to Hearts fans.

greenpaper55
27-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Time to give England their due, i know it hurts many on here to even contemplate it but they are a fine side and will be an even better side in the coming years when all the young talent matures.

Since452
27-03-2019, 08:16 AM
Sorry, been out working - agreed entirely, and as someone else mentions, there would be a fine for walking off !!

However I wondered if England might do it if - as you say - they have already qualified, and dont care about a few grand as a fine?

Just heard that Eufa are trying to do something about this - which is good.

They should. Off topic but I'd also love to see Catholics walk off the park at Ibrox or wherever when the Rangers fans started singing their "folk songs".

CockneyRebel
27-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Absolutely no idea why you are bringing up Scotland in a thread about England. It's totally irrelevant.

I think the bit in bold sums you up.

hibee316
27-03-2019, 08:37 AM

Even more pathetic would be bringing out a DVD about not qualifying for a tournament in over 20 years.

That would be something! :)

Betty Boop
27-03-2019, 08:55 AM
They should. Off topic but I'd also love to see Catholics walk off the park at Ibrox or wherever when the Rangers fans started singing their "folk songs".

Why just Catholics ? Protestants should walk off when they're called Orange B××××××××

The 90+2
27-03-2019, 09:09 AM

The under 21s drew with Latvia Andorra and lost to Ukraine the first 3 games of qualifying for the U21s Champ and it was game over. Toulon they’ve done not bad against mixed under 20/21 teams I’ll give you that.

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Annoyingly England don't have anyone in their team where I just think "you're a right ****ing prick" like they did in many of the teams in years gone by. They're simply just a group of young enthusiastic lads doing what they love and making a nation fall in love with international football again. Fair play to them

With the resources available their youngsters couldn't have a better environment to go about their business.

Since452
27-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Why just Catholics ? Protestants should walk off when they're called Orange B××××××××

Definitely

JeMeSouviens
27-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Without rerunning the is/isn't the epithet "Orange" bigoted? Ideally, everybody should walk off. Solidarity and all that.

The 90+2
27-03-2019, 12:22 PM
Without rerunning the is/isn't the epithet "Orange" bigoted? Ideally, everybody should walk off. Solidarity and all that.

It’s like a various group of words that’s only offensive if it’s used in a derogatory way although used by that “group” in a positive way it’s not offensive.

AltheHibby
27-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Even more pathetic would be bringing out a DVD about not qualifying for a tournament in over 20 years.

That would be something! :)

I thought they had - Only an Excuse? And it doesn't get much more pathetic than that.

JeMeSouviens
27-03-2019, 12:35 PM
It’s like a various group of words that’s only offensive if it’s used in a derogatory way although used by that “group” in a positive way it’s not offensive.

If you used it to describe me I wouldn't be annoyed because I'm protestant by birth*. But I'd be raging to be associated with a crowd of sash wearing ********s in their crimplene suits.

* atheist for a very long time.

The 90+2
27-03-2019, 12:58 PM
If you used it to describe me I wouldn't be annoyed because I'm protestant by birth*. But I'd be raging to be associated with a crowd of sash wearing ********s in their crimplene suits.

* atheist for a very long time.

*me too.

If someone was to call me an fenian ******* or a orange ******* I would pity the plebs calling me it just because I’m not staunch either or, catholic school non practising.

You hear bus loads of Celtic fans singing their songs calling themselves part of Lennons Fenian army but get offended and play the bigot card when called a FB. Same with “nigga” “queen” “gay” “orange” even the pxxxi word is used to describe Indians amongst each other which I don’t even mind it’s when you add the insult to the group that becomes offensive, just like being proud signing flower of Scotland then getting abused in a small bunch by a bigger lot for being s Scottish *******, I would take offence to that too if intimidated.

Difference is, these huns (orangemen) or tims (fenians) aren’t even offended they are simply trying to be mock outraged so they can continue to sadly as **** sing about battles 100s of years ago and deflect it.

Haymaker
27-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Annoyingly England don't have anyone in their team where I just think "you're a right ****ing prick"

Dele Ali. :agree:

Good player but something about him

Sir David Gray
27-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Yup don't like him either can't put my finger on it but there is something about him that I really can't take to.

Since452
27-03-2019, 02:49 PM

Is he the guy that did the stupid hand thing over his eye? ****.

CockneyRebel
27-03-2019, 02:58 PM

He's good to his mum.

Haymaker
27-03-2019, 03:31 PM
He's good to his mum.

Everyone should be good to their mum.

Iggy Pope
27-03-2019, 06:57 PM

Agreed. Looks a sneaky ****.
Harry Kane is in the wrong job. Royalty written all over him and speaks through his nose.
Danny Rose looks like he could start a fight in an empty house.
And Kyle Walker is amongst the luckiest footballers alive.
Pickford looks a jumped up scrote.

They have other splendid players you couldn’t say a word against though.

CockneyRebel
27-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Everyone should be good to their mum.

Yeah but are they?

Haymaker
27-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Yeah but are they?

Good point.

we are hibs
28-03-2019, 06:00 AM
I think the bit in bold sums you up.

Says the one greeting like a bairn cause someone said something negative about their beloved England who are going to dominate world football for years to come :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
28-03-2019, 06:16 AM
Says the one greeting like a bairn cause someone said something negative about their beloved England who are going to dominate world football for years to come :rolleyes:

As long as you are good to your mum.

Gloucester Hibs
28-03-2019, 06:55 AM
Noticed their much lauded U21’s brought crashing down to earth the other night by the Germans. Predict Germany will be back to making regular semi final and final appearances after a poor 2018 forced Lowe to ditch some of the old guard.

CockneyRebel
28-03-2019, 08:25 AM

You just proved my point.

MWHIBBIES
28-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Noticed their much lauded U21’s brought crashing down to earth the other night by the Germans. Predict Germany will be back to making regular semi final and final appearances after a poor 2018 forced Lowe to ditch some of the old guard.
A narrow 2-1 loss(last minute winner) after an 18 match unbeaten run is crashing down to earth? Not sure about that.

CockneyRebel
28-03-2019, 08:32 AM

I can't find any reference to that statement other than your post. I was going to say "You couldn't make it up" but you obviously did. Sure, I have been known to wear white goggles (and green goggles) but you seem to wear a blindfold.

Gloucester Hibs
28-03-2019, 08:42 AM
A narrow 2-1 loss(last minute winner) after an 18 match unbeaten run is crashing down to earth? Not sure about that.

The were completely outplayed going by reports. Mon ze Germans!

England much improved but are becoming overhyped. When they beat a top nation at knockout stage of a major tournament I’ll start to take notice. Last time they achieved this was 23 years ago.