PDA

View Full Version : Gauld

Monts
25-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Back fit. Played and scored in the development game today. Will he go straight into the team on Friday?

If so, who drops out?

Diclonius
25-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Back fit. Played and scored in the development game today. Will he go straight into the team on Friday?

If so, who drops out?

He'll certainly be on the bench at least - I'd possibly swap out Mallan.

Famous Fiver
25-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Artificial pitch at Livi - high risk throwing him straight in, in my opinion.

DetroitHibs
25-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Artificial pitch at Livi - high risk throwing him straight in, in my opinion.

Nae risk, not or player :greengrin

calumhibee1
25-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Bench id think.

andyt1875
25-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Watched the game today and he had a few nice touches but think fitness and confidence needs to be built.

Since452
25-03-2019, 03:43 PM
He'll replace one of the young lads on the bench

Besties Debut
25-03-2019, 06:53 PM
Artificial pitch at Livi - high risk throwing him straight in, in my opinion. At the end of the day, what does it matter? He is only with us for a few more weeks. Just throw him in and see what happens

erin go bragh
25-03-2019, 07:09 PM
At the end of the day, what does it matter? He is only with us for a few more weeks. Just throw him in and see what happens

The boy has got quality. We will need him for the run in . Pretty crass saying what does it matter . IMO

The 90+2
25-03-2019, 07:31 PM
At the end of the day, what does it matter? He is only with us for a few more weeks. Just throw him in and see what happens

You don’t do that with loan players. That’s how you get a bad reputation to loan players too. Look how hearts have ruined Mitchell and Naismiths seasons.

goosefat
25-03-2019, 07:37 PM
You don’t do that with loan players. That’s how you get a bad reputation to loan players too. Look how hearts have ruined Mitchell and Naismiths seasons.

Yeah, those injuries had me in tears.....

.....of laughter.

Tarrahib
25-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Are you serious ?

25-03-2019, 08:31 PM

Agreed, it's bad form not to mention selfish and irresponsible. As you say it could give us a bad reputation and make clubs wary in the future about wanting to loan out their players to us. Right now hibs are quite an attractive option for clubs to loan out players too, don't spoil all that.

PatHead
25-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Did anyone go today? If so, how did he play and is he anywhere near a first team start?

inglisavhibs
25-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Did anyone go today? If so, how did he play and is he anywhere near a first team start?
Played ok but thought Fraser Murray was better and nearer first team than Ryan. Opposition was poor so sometimes hard to tell. Our young centre half is a giant and not a bad player!

PatHead
25-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Played ok but thought Fraser Murray was better and nearer first team than Ryan. Opposition was poor so sometimes hard to tell. Our young centre half is a giant and not a bad player!

Thanks for the update. Good to hear so many development squad players are getting closer to the first team.

calumhibee1
25-03-2019, 09:27 PM

Who is the young centre half? I presume you’re no talking about Spector? :greengrin

inglisavhibs
25-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Who is the young centre half? I presume you’re no talking about Spector? :greengrin
Think he is Canadian but originally from Europe somewhere.

tjay
25-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Yeah, those injuries had me in tears.....

.....of laughter.

Ha ha [emoji2][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
25-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Kosovar Sadiki - the original man mountain....

heretoday
25-03-2019, 10:48 PM
I'd forgotten Gauld existed.

cocteautwin
25-03-2019, 11:47 PM

. . . . troubled in my mind
heartache after heartache
worried all the time . . . .

Hibeesmad
26-03-2019, 12:14 AM
Looking forward to seeing how he fits in with Hecky's style of play. I think he could be the missing piece of the jigsaw to a great end of the season

grunt
28-03-2019, 10:38 AM
So what does the club mean by posting this?

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1111200189442859008 (https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1111200189442859008)

CapitalGreen
28-03-2019, 10:42 AM

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1111200189442859008 (https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1111200189442859008)

I’m no Sherlock Holmes but probably that he’ll be featuring for the 1st team soon as he’s recovered from his injury.

Since452
28-03-2019, 12:32 PM
He'll have to work hard to get back in the team. Im not sure who'd make way for him at the moment. Great headache for Hecky to have though.

Shrekko
28-03-2019, 12:46 PM
He'll certainly be on the bench at least - I'd possibly swap out Mallan.

So you'd have Gauld sitting in front of the defence like Mallan did (very well) v Motherwell? Or would you completely re-jig the whole midfield (who were collectively excellent v Motherwell) to accommodate him?

Can someone remind me what Gauld has done thus far (except look decent v Elgin) to justify fast tracking him into the starting 11? I don't mean signing for Sporting Lisbon 5 years ago... what he's done for Hibs.

frazeHFC
28-03-2019, 05:53 PM
So you'd have Gauld sitting in front of the defence like Mallan did (very well) v Motherwell? Or would you completely re-jig the whole midfield (who were collectively excellent v Motherwell) to accommodate him?

Can someone remind me what Gauld has done thus far (except look decent v Elgin) to justify fast tracking him into the starting 11? I don't mean signing for Sporting Lisbon 5 years ago... what he's done for Hibs.

At Fir Park he was playing key passes that sadly none of our attacking players were finishing. Gauld behind McNulty and a rejuvenated Kamberi is a great prospect.

hibee316
28-03-2019, 06:02 PM

Roads and irrigation... oh and the aquaduct!

Bangkok Hibby
28-03-2019, 06:17 PM
Roads and irrigation... oh and the aquaduct!

don't forget sanitation.....and wine!

Eyrie
28-03-2019, 06:55 PM

He's next up for the quickfire Q&A.

Onceinawhile
28-03-2019, 08:26 PM

Well he's never even signed for sporting Lisbon, so that's even less impressive.

Shrekko
28-03-2019, 11:25 PM
Well he's never even signed for sporting Lisbon, so that's even less impressive.

That one of those clever jokes that’s so clever it’s impossible to get?

Shrekko
28-03-2019, 11:29 PM
At Fir Park he was playing key passes that sadly none of our attacking players were finishing. Gauld behind McNulty and a rejuvenated Kamberi is a great prospect.

Very quiet v Motherwell, Celtic and St Mirren in my opinion.

Clearly has talent but not produced much for a lot of years yet there’s someone wanting him jumping in and replacing Mallan who’s got
12 goals and 10 assists in less than one season... Weird.

Onceinawhile
29-03-2019, 05:37 AM
That one of those clever jokes that’s so clever it’s impossible to get?

No. He went from Dundee utd to sporting club de portugal.

Hes never played for sporting lisboa benfica that I'm aware of.

judas
29-03-2019, 05:48 AM
Bench. The current team is playing far to well for any displacement to be imposed.

BILLYHIBS
29-03-2019, 05:53 AM

Sporting CP are what we call Sporting Lisbon

Ryan Gauld made two appearances for the first team in 2014

Benfica ( The Eagles ) totally different club based in Lisbon

Onceinawhile
29-03-2019, 05:59 AM
Sporting CP are what we call Sporting Lisbon

I know that's what people call them. Its not right though. Like calling us hibs of midlothian.

BILLYHIBS
29-03-2019, 06:05 AM
I know that's what people call them. Its not right though. Like calling us hibs of midlothian.

Agree

I just simply remember them as Sporting Lisbon the team we hammered 6–1 in the old European Cup Winners Cup to send shock waves around Europe :greengrin

Since452
29-03-2019, 07:22 AM
Very quiet v Motherwell, Celtic and St Mirren in my opinion.

Clearly has talent but not produced much for a lot of years yet there’s someone wanting him jumping in and replacing Mallan who’s got
12 goals and 10 assists in less than one season... Weird.

I agree. He's a million miles from replacing Mallan right now.

Unseen work
29-03-2019, 08:01 AM
We need a lot more from him.

The games he has played he has barely influenced at all but I think his name has stopped him getting some stick.

Needs to improve and show what he’s capable of

California-Hibs
29-03-2019, 08:14 AM
We need a lot more from him.

The games he has played he has barely influenced at all but I think his name has stopped him getting some stick.

Needs to improve and show what he’s capable of

Harsh. He's literally started only 4 games......4.

Carheenlea
29-03-2019, 08:34 AM
I had a dream last night that featured Ryan Gauld. Nothing of note happened other than him receiving the ball in acres of space on the right hand side of the pitch in an unfamiliar stadium, but the most concerning thing was that as a 49 year old man I’m having dreams about Hibs players :hilarious

CockneyRebel
29-03-2019, 08:41 AM

I thought he'd gone through the Stargate.

Diclonius
29-03-2019, 08:59 AM

:agree:

I hate it when people tack the city onto the end of a club's name (when outside their country) as if it's vital to know where they're from. Like how Inter gets called Inter Milan, AEK and AEK Athens, PSV, etc etc. In Europe we're sometimes referred to as "Hibernian Edinburgh", we'd be raging if people used that as our default name.

The 90+2
29-03-2019, 11:35 AM

I hate it when people tack the city onto the end of a club's name (when outside their country) as if it's vital to know where they're from. Like how Inter gets called Inter Milan, AEK and AEK Athens, PSV, etc etc. In Europe we're sometimes referred to as "Hibernian Edinburgh", we'd be raging if people used that as our default name.

Why would we be raging? We’re from the capital and it’s something to be proud of?

Unseen work
29-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Harsh. He's literally started only 4 games......4.

Just saying that imo he needs to show more. Came with very high expectations and as of yet hasn’t shown much.

Hopefully the new manager and confidence in the team will get the best out of him

Sean1875
29-03-2019, 11:45 AM

I was in Bilbao and took a tour of the stadium there in October (very impressive too btw) and the tour guide made a very specific point that they seem to be known as 'Athletic Bilbao' by most fans yet their actual name is 'Athletic Club'- she seemed quite wound up by it so just adding to your point really :greengrin

Diclonius
29-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Why would we be raging? We’re from the capital and it’s something to be proud of?

Yes, but it's not our name.

The 90+2
29-03-2019, 11:47 AM
Yes, but it's not our name.

While true I would be far from raging.

Aim Here
29-03-2019, 11:51 AM

I don't think anyone's ashamed of Edinburgh; rather it's just pedantry because they get the name wrong, and it's jarring to most ears. In this case, the universally accepted nomenclature when affixing the geographical designation to the club name is 'Embra Hi-bees'.

superfurryhibby
29-03-2019, 03:45 PM
I don't think anyone's ashamed of Edinburgh; rather it's just pedantry because they get the name wrong, and it's jarring to most ears. In this case, the universally accepted nomenclature when affixing the geographical designation to the club name is 'Embra Hi-bees'.

It’s not really pedantry, it’s just the basic fact of getting the name right. It stems from the era when foreign clubs were becoming more familiar and probably seemed easier to affix geographical labels to teams.

My pet hate is calling Camp Nou the Nou Camp and the ridiculous pronunciations of the name Xavi....ffs, “zavi or havi” etc....his name is said like this, Chavi, in Catala. How hard can it be.

To be fair, I am naturally very pedantic.

Since452
29-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Ryan has been unlucky being injured when the new manager came in. Hecky said he's watched every game back on video that Gauld has played for us so he's done plenty homework on him. He's still got a big part to play between now and the end of the season as no doubt we'll pick up one or two injuries/suspensions. It's up to him to grasp it.

Mick O'Rourke
29-03-2019, 04:42 PM

From the Capital !! Alleh alleh .......

On names...
A barman i met in Majorca referred to us as Edinboro Heebs :greengrin

On Spain and Real Madrid C F in particular ;)
My brother went into a bar in a Spanish resort many years ago.

The bar was decked out wall to wall in Real Madrid tops, photo's, etc.

"Cerveza, por favor" he asked the barman.

As the barman was getting the beer, Jimmy rattled off the names of the RM 1960 European Cup winning team V Eintracht Frankfurt at Hampden from 1 to 11.... goal scorers and the manager!

He got the beer free and remained a pal of the barman for years .

Here’s Lucy!
29-03-2019, 05:22 PM
From the Capital !! Alleh alleh .......

On names...
A barman i met in Majorca referred to us as Edinboro Heebs :greengrin

On Spain and Real Madrid C F in particular ;)
My brother went into a bar in a Spanish resort many years ago.

The bar was decked out wall to wall in Real Madrid tops, photo's, etc.

"Cerveza, por favor" he asked the barman.

As the barman was getting the beer, Jimmy rattled off the names of the RM 1960 European Cup winning team V Eintracht Frankfurt at Hampden from 1 to 11.... goal scorers and the manager!

He got the beer free and remained a pal of the barman for years .

Good wee story that, Mick :aok:

Famous Fiver
29-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Not made it on to the bench tonight.

Could be just a bit early for him, especially with the artificial pitch.

Onceinawhile
29-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Not made it on to the bench tonight.

Could be just a bit early for him, especially with the artificial pitch.

Probably. May have opened up a wee chance for Fraser Murray though.

inglisavhibs
29-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Great to see Fraser getting on tonight, hopefully another first team player in the making. So comfortable on the ball and plenty energy.

FilipinoHibs
30-03-2019, 08:40 AM

That would be like signing for Heart Embra Hibernian.

Eyrie
30-03-2019, 08:45 AM

It's in our interests to play Murray rather than Gauld so that Heckingbottom can judge whether he can be a contributor for us next season.

That's because I don't think we have a realistic chance of getting Gauld back, and even if we did then the midfield would be lightweight if we played him or Mallan alongside Allan.

HoboHarry
01-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Still no closer to playing for us apparently....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47776883

hibbyfraelibby
01-04-2019, 04:56 PM

Strikes me we might be playing a Potteresque mind game and Guald will actually start on Saturday...😁

Onceinawhile
01-04-2019, 04:56 PM

Our loan deals have been a nightmare this year.

Maclaren, agyepong, Johnson and gauld been knackered for almost all their time here.

Since452
01-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Glad to see our manager not rushing players back too soon. One of the reasons we found ourselves in 8th.

HAZ2000
01-04-2019, 05:32 PM
Hopefully get an extension on the loan

Ronniekirk
01-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Reported today he has had a setback in Training so I would now be giving Fraser Murray game time every game as he is part of our Future Team
Gauld will now struggle to be match fit for last few games after the Spilt

Borderhibbie76
01-04-2019, 06:07 PM
Hopefully get an extension on the loanWhy??? Weve seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest hed be worth keeping yet?? He had very little impact in the 5 matches he played so I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to extend his loan just now mate ...needs to prove himself first

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
01-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Reported today he has had a setback in Training so I would now be giving Fraser Murray game time every game as he is part of our Future Team
Gauld will now struggle to be match fit for last few games after the Spilt

Yet Hecky says nothing of the sort.

Ronniekirk
01-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Yet Hecky says nothing of the sort.

BBC link quoting Heckingbottom so assumed there must be something in it

Shrekko
01-04-2019, 07:33 PM
Why??? Weve seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest hed be worth keeping yet?? He had very little impact in the 5 matches he played so I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to extend his loan just now mate ...needs to prove himself first

This all day long.

Same sentiments regarding folk who think he should be fast tracked into the first team... some suggesting ahead of Mallan before Friday.

Gauld could come good but he’s shown precious little to suggest he will. Has obvious ability but looks far too lightweight so far. His reputation is what’s persuading folk he’s something special. Need to remember he’s been playing 2nd Division football in Portugal this season and not really setting the heather on fire.

cabbageandribs1875
01-04-2019, 09:16 PM
Strikes me we might be playing a Potteresque mind game and Guald will actually start on Saturday...😁

with no game time for several weeks ?

Tug Wilson
01-04-2019, 09:29 PM
Our loan deals have been a nightmare this year.

Maclaren, agyepong, Johnson and gauld been knackered for almost all their time here.

Bogdan, Omeonga and McNulty have been decent.

Hibee Mac
01-04-2019, 10:10 PM
If he's not ready now he'll barely be ready for the last few games. Maybe he can play a big part a la Brandon Barker last year but I agree we should prioritise Fraser Murray's time in the squad now.

jacomo
01-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Why??? Weve seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest hed be worth keeping yet?? He had very little impact in the 5 matches he played so I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to extend his loan just now mate ...needs to prove himself first

I thought Gauld was a winger before he joined us.

With Scott Allan and Fraser Murray here next season I don’t think we need another attacking midfield option.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-04-2019, 07:51 AM

He was an outstanding talent at DU, don’t think you just lose that. We were buzzing when he signed and sadly he’s been injured most of the time. He was good against Elgin, admittedly against very poor opposition. Then we had a few games when we were in the midst of a mini crisis and the entire team was dreadful. Would personally love to see him sign on again for a full season

Diclonius
02-04-2019, 08:03 AM
It's a real shame it hasn't happened for him this season, but I would still try to get him on a permenent deal. He's a great player.

Hopefully Murray will get some game time in his absence.

J-C
02-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Gauld was indeed a talent at DU but so far all he looks is tidy and lightweight for Scottish football. At this time I'd be pushing the boat out to bring Omeonga back, he'll compliment Allan and Mallan on midfield.

calumhibee1
02-04-2019, 08:07 AM
Gauld was indeed a talent at DU but so far all he looks is tidy and lightweight for Scottish football. At this time I'd be pushing the boat out to bring Omeonga back, he'll compliment Allan and Mallan on midfield.

Likewise. From what I’ve seen so far, his injury record with us and the fact he’s played very few games for someone his age I reckon I’d pass on him in the summer.

Onceinawhile
02-04-2019, 09:38 AM
Bogdan, Omeonga and McNulty have been decent.

True, though bogdan has had his own injury problems to deal with as well.

Borderhibbie76
02-04-2019, 10:32 AM
He was an outstanding talent at DU, don’t think you just lose that. We were buzzing when he signed and sadly he’s been injured most of the time. He was good against Elgin, admittedly against very poor opposition. Then we had a few games when we were in the midst of a mini crisis and the entire team was dreadful. Would personally love to see him sign on again for a full seasonHe was mate but his DU days were a long long time ago now...and he has done very little of note since. I wouldn't be adverse to him staying but not overly fussed neither tbh

jacomo
02-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Omeonga should be our no.1 midfield priority for next season, even if on loan.

G B Young
02-04-2019, 10:37 AM
I'd actually forgotten we had him, but his absence is a reminder that we're still without a number of injured key players (Boyle and Porteous being especially big losses) and underlines how well Heckingbottom has done with a small squad.

hibbyfraelibby
02-04-2019, 12:02 PM
with no game time for several weeks ?

Come on go with the flow...derby mind games and all that.

You know Potter scouts this board for intel on our team selections.😁

Northernhibee
02-04-2019, 12:11 PM
In terms of mind games I’d rather Hecky says that it’s doubtful that he gives Potter a hoof in the balls and miraculously when it comes to kick off he gives him a hoof in the balls.

Would be much funnier.