PDA

View Full Version : Petrie for president

greenpaper55
23-03-2019, 12:40 PM
Seems like he is a shoe in for the job in the near future but this article does him no favours.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/stephen-halliday-rod-petrie-s-apparent-run-to-sfa-presidency-is-a-worry-1-4894513

cleanyman
23-03-2019, 12:41 PM
Rubbish appointment

We need new blood

Humo
23-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Hard to disagree with that article tbh

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
23-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Seems like he is a shoe in for the job in the near future but this article does him no favours.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/stephen-halliday-rod-petrie-s-apparent-run-to-sfa-presidency-is-a-worry-1-4894513

The article doesn’t go far enough in its criticism for me. Scottish football is only going one direction with Petrie in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
23-03-2019, 01:36 PM
Scottish Football has been in need of an overhaul from top to bottom for years. The appointment of Petrie would just be more of the same.

DarlingtonHibee
23-03-2019, 01:57 PM
Don't care as long as they stay away from leeann.

Diclonius
23-03-2019, 03:13 PM
If Petrie is appointed SFA president does that mean he has to leave us?

Jack Hackett
23-03-2019, 03:56 PM
If Petrie is appointed SFA president does that mean he has to leave us?

I think we should have a 'People's Vote'

Hamish
23-03-2019, 03:57 PM
I think we should have a 'People's Vote'

Nah. If he leaves it means he leaves.

Bostonhibby
23-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Scottish Football has been in need of an overhaul from top to bottom for years. The appointment of Petrie would just be more of the same.Continuity candidate sadly, safe pair of hands as far as the cabal that run the show are concerned. If it happens It's a nod to his part in "moving on" and the Sevco 5 way agreement.

I reluctantly say this as someone who thinks he's done more good than bad for us....

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The Modfather
23-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Old boys network indeed. Inept dinasaurs like Petrie are all that’s wrong with our game.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

we are hibs
23-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Hopefully but won't get my hopes up. He's more lives than a cat at Easter road.

greenpaper55
23-03-2019, 05:31 PM
I see he was instrumental in choosing the Scotland manager, i see he has not lost his touch !

The 90+2
23-03-2019, 05:39 PM
I see he was instrumental in choosing the Scotland manager, i see he has not lost his touch !

The president chose the manager as he was the head of GJPs testimonial committee at the sheep. Don’t let that get in the way of a good Petrie bash though.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2019, 05:54 PM
The president chose the manager as he was the head of GJPs testimonial committee at the sheep. Don’t let that get in the way of a good Petrie bash though.

It was Petrie and McCrae who wanted Mcleish.

Heisenberg
23-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Petrie failed miserably (majority of the time) at picking managers for Hibs but he’s now going to be the key decision maker in charge of the Scotland national team. Magnificent.

Eyrie
23-03-2019, 06:20 PM
The article was clearly written by someone pushing an anti-Petrie agenda.

However we have our own gripes with Petrie regarding the poor outcome of many of his decisions for Hibs.

B.H.F.C
23-03-2019, 06:28 PM
For as long as guys like him are involved with the SFA, things will never change.

Still, at least he’ll get his six or seven fully expensed trips a year to various parts of the world.

JimBHibees
23-03-2019, 06:32 PM

Spot on.

DetroitHibs
23-03-2019, 06:38 PM
If it means he COMPLETELY sever ties with us, I’ll call the Russians to make sure he gets the job :greengrin

The 90+2
23-03-2019, 06:46 PM
It was Petrie and McCrae who wanted Mcleish.

McCrae calls the shots. Petrie of course will back him up. McLeish shat on Petrie, he’s got a long memory.

I would go as far as saying the first thing Petrie will do in the summer is sack McLeish to get the public backing and also payback. I hope so anyway, the guy is useless as a manager now.

B.H.F.C
23-03-2019, 06:57 PM
McCrae calls the shots. Petrie of course will back him up. McLeish shat on Petrie, he’s got a long memory.

I would go as far as saying the first thing Petrie will do in the summer is sack McLeish to get the public backing and also payback. I hope so anyway, the guy is useless as a manager now.

It’ll be the CEO (Ian Maxwell) who does any hiring and firing.

The only reason those two ended up doing the hiring of McLeish was because we didn’t have a CEO after Regan had resigned.

If it was down to Rod he wouldn’t get rid of him so quickly having been involved in hiring him. He’s never cared much for public opinion and has often kept folk in post longer than he should have.

Ozyhibby
23-03-2019, 07:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190323/63738b32734630ad9e8bd164047439e9.jpg

bigwheel
23-03-2019, 07:43 PM
It’ll be the CEO (Ian Maxwell) who does any hiring and firing.

The only reason those two ended up doing the hiring of McLeish was because we didn’t have a CEO after Regan had resigned.

If it was down to Rod he wouldn’t get rid of him so quickly having been involved in hiring him. He’s never cared much for public opinion and has often kept folk in post longer than he should have.

Dream on....the CEO is governed by the board, who are the clubs...no big decisions are made without the board agreeing...that role is simply an orchestrator of the policy of the member clubs. The CEO works for those two - not the other way around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
23-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Dream on....the CEO is governed by the board, who are the clubs...no big decisions are made without the board agreeing...that role is simply an orchestrator of the policy of the member clubs. The CEO works for those two - not the other way around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously any decision needs to the ratified by the board (which consists of 8 people) but how likely are they to go against their CEO? Like when Leeann decided she wanted Stubbs, Lennon and Heckingbottom. How likely were the remaining board members to kick that out?

Had a CEO been in place they’d have led on the recruitment of the manager.

Lancs Harp
23-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Disappointed thought this was a reference to the next US elections.

Baader
23-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Doubt very much McLeish will be emptied before Petrie steps into that role. To do so would look like a big admission of failure from a man looking to assume the top job.

McLeish was a terrible appointment. Dictionary definition of a yesterday's man.

Mibbes Aye
23-03-2019, 10:22 PM

Likewise.

At least being in the White House would mean Petrie got the helipad he has long deserved.

On a more serious note, the quoted article seems to be a bit of a puff piece for Peter Lawwell so I’m not sure why I would even give it the time of day.

And the McLeish thing seems a bit dodgy too, unless anyone can post actual genuine proof that Petrie dictated his appointment.

I think it it is right to say a lot of us were underwhelmed at his appointment and he hasn’t done terribly well in his second stint, though I can see why his first spell suggested he could get results - regardless of who appointed him.

What I found interesting was that McLeish in his second stint has us averaging more changes in the line-up per game than any recent manager, including Vogts. I know there is something about injuries there but also maybe something about not being confident about how best to use the players he has?

Tornadoes70
23-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Rod for me would be a terrific appointment. He'd quietly behind the scenes shake the governing body to its core.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

GaryOsCheerios
23-03-2019, 11:06 PM
I think you guys are harsh on the Tash. He’s grown the club since he’s been here. Improved the stadium. Training facilities etc.

Never a football guy and struggled with that so eventually appointed Leanne.

Still got us Eck the first time and Mowbray, mind.

Besties Debut
24-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Blazers like Petrie and the rest of the SFA cronies are part of the problem not the solution

H18 SFR
24-03-2019, 09:50 AM
I actually don't care about the Scottish national team anymore, all my attention goes to Hibs.

Given that he's Hibs' minded I'm happy that we have him at the top of the SFA. Might not be a popular viewpoint on this forum but hey-ho.

The 90+2
24-03-2019, 09:52 AM
I actually don't care about the Scottish national team anymore, all my attention goes to Hibs.

Given that he's Hibs' minded I'm happy that we have him at the top of the SFA. Might not be a popular viewpoint on this forum but hey-ho.

Very good point. It definitely can’t be seen as a negative from the clubs point of view.

Gloucester Hibs
24-03-2019, 10:15 AM
I had always thought we wouldn’t see him for dust once he got the top gig at the SFA. Maybe not a bad thing given he’s such a decisive figure at our club.

Ozyhibby
24-03-2019, 10:27 AM
I had always thought we wouldn’t see him for dust once he got the top gig at the SFA. Maybe not a bad thing given he’s such a decisive figure at our club.

He has to stay at Hibs or he loses the SFA gig.

Gloucester Hibs
24-03-2019, 10:36 AM

Ah right, I knew his involvement with Hibs was necessary to get the job but never knew he had to remain in post to keep it.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2019, 11:13 AM

Ah great. :rolleyes:

we are hibs
24-03-2019, 11:20 AM

Surely a conflict of interest no?

Keith_M
24-03-2019, 11:35 AM

That's not a bad shout. He's the kind of President the Yanks need.

One thing, though. Was he born in Kenya?