PDA

View Full Version : Another Hibees International Call Up

Besties Debut
21-03-2019, 09:29 PM
18-year-old Yrick Gallantes has been called up to the Philippines full squad. He was born in the Philippines but has spent most of his life in Edinburgh. I don't really follow the youth team so i don't know what he is like but any call up is a bonus and a credit to the staff at east mains

bingo70
21-03-2019, 09:59 PM
18-year-old Yrick Gallantes has been called up to the Philippines full squad. He was born in the Philippines but has spent most of his life in Edinburgh. I don't really follow the youth team so i don't know what he is like but any call up is a bonus and a credit to the staff at east mains

Good for him.

Is it for a competitive game?

ian cruise
22-03-2019, 08:14 AM

He's the one youth player I'll be most disappointed if he doesn't make it. I know little about him as a player but he just has a brilliant name. Give me a Yrick Gallantes over an Adam Smith any day

Brightside
22-03-2019, 08:15 AM
He's the one youth player I'll be most disappointed if he doesn't make it. I know little about him as a player but he just has a brilliant name. Give me a Yrick Gallantes over an Adam Smith any day

Hes very slim but cracking ability.

Alex Trager
22-03-2019, 08:48 AM
I see it’s no longer Butcher that is in charge?

DaveF
22-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Hes very slim but cracking ability.

Yep, from the few times I've seen him he looks physically miles behind though he absolutely has the talent. I knows that's a naff 'scottish' type assessment though and I really hope he makes it.

That said, it was probably 2 years ago when I saw him play so was just a baby then.

04Sauzee
22-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Would love to see more of the young guys play football unfortunately work gets in the way. Did I read that this guy is lightning quick?

Northernhibee
22-03-2019, 08:55 AM
I see it’s no longer Butcher that is in charge?

He left after a few weeks.

Famous Fiver
22-03-2019, 09:05 AM
Philippines presently ranked 123 in the world.

Looks like they could give Scotland a game, even with a Hibs Under 20 in their ranks.

Something far wrong with our set up.

worcesterhibby
22-03-2019, 10:11 AM
"Steve Marsella, who was head scout at Easter Road under former Hibs boss Terry Butcher, was handed the task of scouring the globe for potential players "

How do you scour the globe in a 3rd hand Vauxhall Vectra ?

theonlywayisup
22-03-2019, 10:16 AM

The Scotsman article says "And that fact hasn’t gone un-noticed with the youngster invited to join a 40-man training camp in Thailand as the “Azkals” look to the future having enjoyed playing in their first ever major tournament, the recent Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-kid-yrick-gallantes-wins-philippines-call-up-1-4893639

So by that I would think it's call up to the training camp, not full squad. Great achievement though!

Zazu62
22-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Philippines presently ranked 123 in the world.

Looks like they could give Scotland a game, even with a Hibs Under 20 in their ranks.

Something far wrong with our set up.

Are they ranked better than the mighty Kazakhstan?

Onceinawhile
22-03-2019, 10:40 AM
Are they ranked better than the mighty Kazakhstan?

6 below them.

LancsHibs
22-03-2019, 03:15 PM
6 below them.

Would probably only beat Scotland 2-0 then😆