PDA

View Full Version : The most ill fated hibs chants ever

we are hibs
21-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Come on butchers boys

Singing ten men couldnae carry Scotland seconds before he scored in the 2nd leg of the play offs.

A few in our section where singing about McGregor never giving the ball away just as the game was kicking off against Aberdeen at Hampden..

Any others?

Aim Here
21-03-2019, 10:33 AM
We were singing that Djoum had never won a derby in maroon, on the day he did.

SChibs
21-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Come on butchers boys

Singing ten men couldnae carry Scotland seconds before he scored in the 2nd leg of the play offs.

A few in our section where singing about McGregor never giving the ball away just as the game was kicking off against Aberdeen at Hampden..

Any others?

The butcher chant was a good one and it would fit with Hecky but would maybe bring back a few bad memories

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Ee aw chants against Dave McPherson every time he played against us didnae often go well! 😢

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Ee aw chants against Dave McPherson every time he played against us didnae often go well! 😢

Giraffe neck was a good defender, sadly.

JoeT_WasTheBest
21-03-2019, 11:57 AM
Andy Dow - "He gets the ball, he scores a goal" after his only (I think) goal in the Derby at Tynie?

heidtheba
21-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Giraffe neck was a good defender, sadly.

Oh God yes! I remember that one game at Tynie, night game IIRC, think we sang it clear and loud and he scored two...anyone able to clarify that?

hibsbollah
21-03-2019, 12:07 PM
Kujabi loved, the Bob Marley classic. Scanned nicely but never caught on.

theonlywayisup
21-03-2019, 01:04 PM
Not a chant but a song.............

Until recently, it was the fifth line below always got me as being impossible. I always noticed that when the song was played pre 2016 that the stadium announcer always seemed to fade out that particular line.

Glory Glory to the Hibees
We are the Hibee boys!

And now we've got a younger team, I dinnae want tae brag.
I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag!
We're going to top the league next year and win the Scottish flag!
As we go marching on!

Something seemed to change in 2016 :hmmm:

HibeeHibernian4
21-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Not a chant but a song.............

Until recently, it was the fifth line below always got me as being impossible. I always noticed that when the song was played pre 2016 that the stadium announcer always seemed to fade out that particular line.

We are the Hibee boys!

And now we've got a younger team, I dinnae want tae brag.
I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag!
We're going to top the league next year and win the Scottish flag!
As we go marching on!

Something seemed to change in 2016 :hmmm:

Interestingly, winning the league (albeit the Championship) the season after meant both lines were exactly as Hector Nicol predicted.

Juice-Terry
21-03-2019, 01:14 PM
It's a crying shame this one never really took off:

We are Hibs
We are good
We have Celtc on the run....

Since452
21-03-2019, 01:20 PM
He's here
He's there
He's every ****ing where
Klaus Dietrich
Klaus Dietrich

Franck Stanton
21-03-2019, 01:28 PM
On Mikey Mikey, used to be a jambo but he's alright now ....

Keith_M
21-03-2019, 01:45 PM
On Mikey Mikey, used to be a jambo but he's alright now ....

How about the updated version...

"Oh, Mikey Mikey,
he was alright for a while,
then was ***** again,
but he's a no bad pundit now"

Keith_M
21-03-2019, 01:49 PM
I remember there was an incident after a home game against Aberdeen, where some Aberdeen Fan in a sheep costume was literally set alight on the train home by a Hibs Supporter (a prank gone wrong, presumably).

In the next game at ER, a large swathe of the East Stand started chanting "the sheep are on fire"... shortly followed by two quick-fire goals by Aberdeen then their fans, rather appropriately, hijacking the chant.

Adam Green
21-03-2019, 03:16 PM
I’m sure there was a 35 years in a row chant in reference to Hearts cup drought.

‘We’ve got Chico, we’ve got Boco, it’s 35 years in a row’

They then ruined it by winning the Scottish Cup.

vercol36
21-03-2019, 03:53 PM

Any others?

That didn’t only happen once, unfortunately!

I also wince when we sing ‘you’re only sheep sh*gging barstewards’ to Aberdeen fans. As their response of ‘we’re only sheep sh*gging barstewards’ is much funnier

1van Sprou7e
21-03-2019, 04:07 PM
That didn’t only happen once, unfortunately!

I also wince when we sing ‘you’re only sheep sh*gging barstewards’ to Aberdeen fans. As their response of ‘we’re only sheep sh*gging barstewards’ is much funnier

In fairness that's hardly exclusive to hibs. Which is even more reason not to sing the unfunny and unoriginal chant in the first place

OstKurve Hibs
21-03-2019, 04:09 PM
I've got recollections of the whole old east stand chanting Charlie Charlie show us yer teeth to Charlie Adam then he buried 2 free kicks ! Hun prick !

Billy Whizz
21-03-2019, 04:50 PM
Hate it when we sing to the opposition fans “ you only sing when your winning”
Usually lose a goal when its sung!

Mick O'Rourke
21-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Ill fated?

Taunting our neighbours, singing "you're going down again " in the so called "relegation derby "

Only to join them in the Championship.

I dislike the term hibsedit.

So will say, we butcheredit.

goosefat
22-03-2019, 05:19 AM
The East stand - “Let’s all do the Hibees bounce”

Celebrating staying up in the second leg playoff against Hamilton...just before they scored.

Doh!

Barman Stanton
22-03-2019, 11:36 AM
He's here
He's there
He's every ****ing where
Klaus Dietrich
Klaus Dietrich

I will raise you a Sar, Sar Super Sar, Super Hakim Sar.

Since452
22-03-2019, 11:50 AM

Bravo sir. I remember him posing in the new kit with Mr Sauzee and thought he must surely be brilliant....

Since452
22-03-2019, 11:51 AM

Celebrating staying up in the second leg playoff against Hamilton...just before they scored.

Doh!

Rarely hear the Hibees Bounce anymore. Was brilliant. Remember our whole section doing it against Killie in the 5-1 final. A chant that was unique to us.

jgl07
22-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Remember when Steve Fulton was playing for Hearts (or had he moved on by then) being given the ‘So effin ugly’ treatment at Easter Road? He reacted in some way only to be booked by the referee.

He is probably the only player in the history of the world to be booked for being ugly.

vercol36
22-03-2019, 12:04 PM

Had to look this guy up. Now playing in the fifth tier of French football...

Diclonius
22-03-2019, 12:47 PM

Doh!

And then the tannoy played a recording of us singing that "allez aus" chant prior to extra time. Wtf was that about?

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Remember when Steve Fulton was playing for Hearts (or had he moved on by then) being given the ‘So effin ugly’ treatment at Easter Road? He reacted in some way only to be booked by the referee.

He is probably the only player in the history of the world to be booked for being ugly.

IIRC it was Falkirk.

grammyb111
22-03-2019, 01:15 PM
The 'Eck's the boss' chant to doe a deer was quite good and long, though everyone in it left fairly soon after it caught on

Newry Hibs
22-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Not a chant - but deciding to parade the league cup after a derby was a bit of a disaster waiting to happen.

Kojock
22-03-2019, 01:32 PM
One that came back to bite us on the @r5e numerous times was when Hibs beat Celtic 1-0 at ER and Henrick Larsson playing in his debut gave away the ball for our goal, Hibs fans started chanting at him "What a waste of money," lol

The 90+2
22-03-2019, 01:52 PM
IIRC it was Falkirk.

Was defo a derby right down the North side of the west. Think we won 3-1 that day (may have been the Sauzee teeth game)

CropleyWasGod
22-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Was defo a derby right down the North side of the west. Think we won 3-1 that day (may have been the Sauzee teeth game)

It was in front of the East.

IIRC, it was 1 1. May have been the ET penalty game.

weecounty hibby
22-03-2019, 02:28 PM
One that came back to bite us on the @r5e numerous times was when Hibs beat Celtic 1-0 at ER and Henrick Larsson playing in his debut gave away the ball for our goal, Hibs fans started chanting at him "What a waste of money," lol
Wasn't it 2-1 that day. Larsson gave the ball away to chick charnley for the winner. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't remember tho

The 90+2
22-03-2019, 03:11 PM
It was in front of the East.

IIRC, it was 1 1. May have been the ET penalty game.

I think you're right re the ET penalty game in fact. Sauzee game was the next match.

Kojock
22-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Wasn't it 2-1 that day. Larsson gave the ball away to chick charnley for the winner. Maybe I'm just getting old and don't remember tho

Think you're right, my memory ain't what it used to be either.

BILLYHIBS
22-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Oh Houchey Houchey Houchey! :confused:

.....didn’t work out!

:bye:

OstKurve Hibs
22-03-2019, 03:23 PM

pretty sure it was 2-1, lee power got our other goal iirc

The 90+2
22-03-2019, 03:28 PM
pretty sure it was 2-1, lee power got our other goal iirc

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/scotsman-archive-chic-charnley-carves-up-celtic-1-1755150

highland hibbee
22-03-2019, 03:31 PM
Hate it when we sing to the opposition fans “ you only sing when your winning”
Usually lose a goal when its sung!

Me too, lost count of how often it is the precursor to an opposition goal

BegbieHSC
22-03-2019, 03:46 PM
Here we go 2 in a row.
Here we go 10 in a row.

highland hibbee
22-03-2019, 03:55 PM

yes Lee Power got the other goal.
chic charnley had one not long before he scored which missed by a baw hair, he turned to Dim Juffy and showed the wee measure that we do between thumb and forefinger, to show how close it was and shortly after took the ball from HL’s misplaced pass and bang, he’d got his range spot on that time

The 90+2
22-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Remember the east going “who are ya?” to some boy who came for hearts when we where winning 1-0 and he set up two late goals (robbed tbh)

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-03-2019, 04:24 PM

Aye, it would appear to be so.