PDA

View Full Version : A league refs

Ozyhibby
19-03-2019, 08:05 PM
https://twitter.com/opengoalsport/status/1108097399589949440?s=21

Interesting view of an A league refs game. Doubt our refs would ever agree to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcpakeisgod
20-03-2019, 04:37 AM
Just watched the Jared Gillet mic’d up game, certainly an interesting concept, it makes the refs more relatable and it would be a welcome addition to our game.

The fact he’s got a PHD certainly helps in his articulation of the game. Hes reffing in the English championship as of next season as he’s moving over as a researcher at a Liverpool university so I’ll be keeping an eye out for him

hibbycraig
20-03-2019, 05:12 AM
This should be mandatory for all referees in every league. 100% accountability and would stop players hounding the ref. They'd be scared of what would come across in the mic.

Sproule Three
20-03-2019, 05:25 AM
Just watched the Jared Gillet mic’d up game, certainly an interesting concept, it makes the refs more relatable and it would be a welcome addition to our game.

The fact he’s got a PHD certainly helps in his articulation of the game. Hes reffing in the English championship as of next season as he’s moving over as a researcher at a Liverpool university so I’ll be keeping an eye out for him
He certainly gets some attention here in Australia ,mainly for horrendous decisions.

Mcpakeisgod
20-03-2019, 05:28 AM
He certainly gets some attention here in Australia ,mainly for horrendous decisions.

You’ll know far better than me 😂but seems strange that he’s been voted best ref the past 4out of 5 seasons. The standard must be on a par with ours !

Looking forward to taking in a few games none the less when I move down under in June !

Curried
20-03-2019, 05:42 AM
I like this, but I very much doubt it would stop Dallas (jnr) or Thompson involuntarily crying “Penalty Rangers” every time a Sevco player goes anywhere near the box.

Sproule Three
20-03-2019, 06:26 AM
You’ll know far better than me 😂but seems strange that he’s been voted best ref the past 4out of 5 seasons. The standard must be on a par with ours !

Looking forward to taking in a few games none the less when I move down under in June !

The standard of reffing is awful in A league.Way worse that SPL I think thats why I'm unconvinced of the benefits of VAR after having it here for 2 years . They make a bigger erse of it after using VAR whereas in WC it was fairly successful due to higher standard of officials.

Solonleith1
20-03-2019, 11:20 AM
I thought he came across really well. Left his own importance and ego out of the game which I can't say for a lot of the spl refs and think he'll go far. Can tell by a lot of the interactions he has with the players in the clips that they think so too.