PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kazakhstan v Scotland - How to watch as live

KWJ
19-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Hey,

Any suggestions for watching this after work when I don't have Sky Sports? With NowTV can you only watch what's being shown at the time or would I be able to go back and watch the Scotland game that way?

Wanna see McNulty equal or better Keith Wright's international record. :flag::saltireflag

ben johnson
19-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Hey,

Any suggestions for watching this after work when I don't have Sky Sports? With NowTV can you only watch what's being shown at the time or would I be able to go back and watch the Scotland game that way?

Wanna see McNulty equal or better Keith Wright's international record. :flag::saltireflag

If it’s on Sky then Hesgoals will have it.

KWJ
19-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Yeah but it's live at 3pm, I'll no get home til about 6pm.

ben johnson
19-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Yeah but it's live at 3pm, I'll no get home til about 6pm.

My , I believe the term now is , bad.
Did not read it properly.
You could do what we did in the 70s and just evacuate the building at lunch
time and not be seen again until Monday.
Hope you get a solution

Bangkok Hibby
19-03-2019, 05:19 PM
My , I believe the term now is , bad.
Did not read it properly.
You could do what we did in the 70s and just evacuate the building at lunch
time and not be seen again until Monday.
Hope you get a solution

People cared then. Passion was strong. Maybe the shortage of answers reflects the attitude nowadays to the International side.

The 90+2
19-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Get yourself IPTV that’s got a record function.

Frazerbob
19-03-2019, 05:34 PM
Stramash is hosting a Tartan Army event for the game. A few bands and the game on the big screens. Should be a cracking day.

Onceinawhile
19-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Hey,

Can you not get someone to pause it for you and leave it paused til you get home?

ben johnson
19-03-2019, 08:00 PM
People cared then. Passion was strong. Maybe the shortage of answers reflects the attitude nowadays to the International side.

Yes the passion
The build up to 78 World Cup
Wembley. Anfield. Hampden when rammed and no tannoy started the din
I once read it all being described as a delicious madness
Kind of sums it up nicely.

ben johnson
19-03-2019, 08:28 PM

Yes the passion
The build up to 78 World Cup
Wembley. Anfield. Hampden when rammed and no tannoy started the din
I once read it all being described as a delicious madness
Kind of sums it up nicely.

Phil MaGlass
19-03-2019, 09:02 PM

No it doesnt reflect the attitude, maybe your attitude, folk just dont have an answer might be considered, instead of coming on here taking shots, if you dont like Scotland why dont you just stay off the ****ing thread and leave it to Scotland fans that can help. That goes for all anti Scotland fans on Hibsnet too, stop being assholes when supporters of the national side wish to communicate. If you have nothing to contribute apart from putting Scotland down then just ****off.

Bangkok Hibby
19-03-2019, 09:17 PM
No it doesnt reflect the attitude, maybe your attitude, folk just dont have an answer might be considered, instead of coming on here taking shots, if you dont like Scotland why dont you just stay off the ****ing thread and leave it to Scotland fans that can help. That goes for all anti Scotland fans on Hibsnet too, stop being assholes when supporters of the national side wish to communicate. If you have nothing to contribute apart from putting Scotland down then just ****off.

You bevvied mate? I'll say what I want on any thread I want and as I've said before the admins will decide. Not you ya bam.

BILLYHIBS
19-03-2019, 10:00 PM
Hey,

Now TV is a stream and you can only watch what is being played at the time

WeeRussell
20-03-2019, 08:21 AM

Hear, hear.

worcesterhibby
20-03-2019, 08:55 AM
I'd love to get as passionate about Scotland games as I did as a teenager. Being at Hampden to watch Scotland beat Spain 3-1 with Dalglish curling one in for the third was just amazing. Hopefully we can push on from the improvements the team has shown recently.

LancashireHibby
20-03-2019, 08:59 AM
And from personal experience, I wouldn't bother signing up to it for future games you want to watch live as it runs a good 30 seconds behind the live Sky stream so you find out via social media and score update apps what is happening before you've even seen it. With the monthly cost of a good internet connection and the NowTV subscription, you're just as well just signing up to Sky.

Smartie
20-03-2019, 09:11 AM
I'm still semi-interested but I actually miss how much I enjoyed it 10 years or so ago.

The football is at roughly the same level as it was then so that's not the reason. The main one is the whole Thursday, Monday games nonsense, along with the amount they jacked up the prices for home games. My circumstances have changed and I cannot justify the cost of taking time off work travel, ticket and bevvy any more when I can sit in the house and watch it for nowt.

When they make it much easier and more appealing to watch in tv than go to the games then they shouldn't be surprised when folk do just that. This will be the first game since 2002 that I've not been in the supporters club but the England game was the only game I went to last time so it's just not worth it.

I still want us to win though and would never criticise anyone who chooses to get behind their national team.

BILLYHIBS
20-03-2019, 09:38 AM
And from personal experience, I wouldn't bother signing up to it for future games you want to watch live as it runs a good 30 seconds behind the live Sky stream so you find out via social media and score update apps what is happening before you've even seen it. With the monthly cost of a good internet connection and the NowTV subscription, you're just as well just signing up to Sky.

Agree plus not HD :confused:

silverhibee
20-03-2019, 10:51 AM
When do Scotland play.

KWJ
20-03-2019, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys. Good to see a bit of passion too.

Checked and NowTV only lets you pause for 30 minutes as I could've had it prepped for someone to do this. Don't have Sky so that's not an option. Had a look at IPTV, that seems awfy complicated and potentially risky to get the right setup and Kodi didn't work for me so I'm a bit meh.

Bah humbug, you'd think Sky Sports would realise that people are going to want to be able to see this game as live and that they should put it on one Sky Sports Whatever at like 7pm.

Sigh.

Albanian Hibs
20-03-2019, 11:29 AM
When do Scotland play.

Thursday and Sunday

SquashedFrogg
20-03-2019, 11:41 AM

To be fair, I think BH has a bit of a point. I know a number of fans of the national team who are quite apathetic towards the team right now.

I think recent attendances reflect that. In times gone by people would be scrambling about trying to watch the game. I don't think that's the case at the moment.

vahibbie
20-03-2019, 11:44 AM
You bevvied mate? I'll say what I want on any thread I want and as I've said before the admins will decide. Not you ya bam.

He has a point tho.:saltireflag:saltireflag

cabbageandribs1875
20-03-2019, 01:17 PM

:top marks:agree:

Wilson
20-03-2019, 02:01 PM

And feed the ducks and float your sail boat...

Bangkok Hibby
20-03-2019, 02:31 PM
He has a point tho.:saltireflag:saltireflag

Haha nice one. However I wonder if anyone can point to where, in this thread I've slagged the Scotland team.

Diclonius
20-03-2019, 03:04 PM
Robertson and Tierney both out - time for Lewis to step up again?

Mikey
20-03-2019, 03:22 PM
I'm really looking forward to this campaign. I've got tickets for all of the home qualifiers and that should be enough to get me tickets for any tournament matches at Hampden if we manage to qualify.

I've only ever been to one tournament match, at Villa Park in '96, and that was braw.

Famous Fiver
20-03-2019, 04:00 PM
How long does it take to get to Kazhakstan? Lewis should have been in the party in the first place but now Robertson and Tierney are out he would have been the ideal candidate. I am sure he would have hopped on a plane at a moment's notice.

Does McLeish have a clue?

Smartie
20-03-2019, 04:03 PM
How long does it take to get to Kazhakstan? Lewis should have been in the party in the first place but now Robertson and Tierney are out he would have been the ideal candidate. I am sure he would have hopped on a plane at a moment's notice.

Does McLeish have a clue?

I'm pretty sure Lewis would have flown the plane himself if he'd been asked to.

Brummie_Hibs
20-03-2019, 04:11 PM
6 hour flight to Astana, or whatever it is called now since it changed its name today - Sultan something. Its sh%t and cold here,

Lago
20-03-2019, 06:19 PM
What a mess, with injuries & players withdrawing do we have a team worth talking about ?

Frazerbob
20-03-2019, 09:27 PM
6 hour flight to Astana, or whatever it is called now since it changed its name today - Sultan something. Its sh%t and cold here,

Cold aye but had a great night. You must be in the wrong places.

California-Hibs
20-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Can't wait for the game and the Euro campaign to get up and running. Bit of a feel good factor winning the Nations League and having that as a safety net.

Some real quality in that squad, couple of Champions League players in Robertson and McTomnley. Oli Mcburnie had 16 goals in the English Champ for Swansea, Burke has huge potential, Ryan Fraser continues to play every week in the Premier League, our own McNaulty has been recognized..

People have a lot to say and that'll always be the case. For me, lots to be optimistic about. Need to start with 6 points though!

vuefrom1875
21-03-2019, 10:58 AM

Yawnnnnnnnnnn !

WeeRussell
21-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Yawnnnnnnnnnn !

You came on to a thread you're allegedly not interested in, to read several posts about the topic, and then respond with a cliche unfunny one-worded comment to emphasise how you really aren't interested in anything anyone has to say about said topic.

Some people are really strange.

JohnMcM
21-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Here we go again. Will this be another roller-coaster campaign?
Whatever happens,,,,,,,,,,,,, C'mon Scotland!!

Besties Debut
21-03-2019, 01:47 PM
No it doesnt reflect the attitude, maybe your attitude, folk just dont have an answer might be considered, instead of coming on here taking shots, if you dont like Scotland why dont you just stay off the ****ing thread and leave it to Scotland fans that can help. That goes for all anti Scotland fans on Hibsnet too, stop being assholes when supporters of the national side wish to communicate. If you have nothing to contribute apart from putting Scotland down then just ****off. Your very aggressive Phil....you typing that with extra vigor? Be careful you don't break your keyboard..

Besties Debut
21-03-2019, 01:55 PM
To be fair, I think BH has a bit of a point. I know a number of fans of the national team who are quite apathetic towards the team right now.

I think recent attendances reflect that. In times gone by people would be scrambling about trying to watch the game. I don't think that's the case at the moment. Of course, he has a point. The arse fell out supporting the national team years ago. Nowadays the Tartan Army is more like a traveling social club than a group of fans and that's from somebody who followed Scotland everywhere for over 30 years including Spain in 82 and Mexico in 86.

WeeRussell
21-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Of course, he has a point. The arse fell out supporting the national team years ago. Nowadays the Tartan Army is more like a traveling social club than a group of fans and that's from somebody who followed Scotland everywhere for over 30 years including Spain in 82 and Mexico in 86.

You're maybe relatively new to here but everything you've said has been done to death countless times by people who love to tell us all how much they don't like the national team and have no interest, any time someone tries to have a sensible discussion on something Scotland-related. Hence Phil Maglass' quick response earlier in the thread.

SquashedFrogg
21-03-2019, 02:47 PM
You're maybe relatively new to here but everything you've said has been done to death countless times by people who love to tell us all how much they don't like the national team and have no interest, any time someone tries to have a sensible discussion on something Scotland-related. Hence Phil Maglass' quick response earlier in the thread.

I'd hazard a guess and say many of the things said on .net have been said many times before by others. Shouldn't stop people discussing previous topics or voicing opinions.

WeeRussell
21-03-2019, 03:25 PM
I'd hazard a guess and say many of the things said on .net have been said many times before by others. Shouldn't stop people discussing previous topics or voicing opinions.

Absolutely. Similarly, when people feel that others aren't contributing to any sort of discussion other than popping in to say they "don't care" or trying to annoy posters who do.. it's likely to be commented on.

I'd hazard a guess and say if this was in the 'other sports' section and about rugby, for example, anyone who comes in and simply says they don't care about rugby or slags the Scottish national rugby team repeatedly might be called-out and moved on.

Discussion is one thing, as right now (given the current score) I would concur we're p1sh.. but we both know that's not the only thing that goes on in here.

Since90+2
21-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Perhaps that performance sums up better than anyone could why a huge proportion of Scottish football fans now don't care for the national team.

WeeRussell
21-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Perhaps that performance sums up better than anyone could why a huge proportion of Scottish football fans now don't care for the national team.

I'm not sure about that - I've never come close to stopping supporting Hibs despite some VERY poor times with them.

Bangkok Hibby
21-03-2019, 04:09 PM
To try to clear things up a little bit. I was pissed off at being told to **** off for a pretty mild remark here. I actually got my threads mixed up hence my post on the other one. Anyway its a forum. We all have opinions so maybe live and let live eh?
All Hibs after all 🇳🇬

WeeRussell
21-03-2019, 04:19 PM
To try to clear things up a little bit. I was pissed off at being told to **** off for a pretty mild remark here. I actually got my threads mixed up hence my post on the other one. Anyway its a forum. We all have opinions so maybe live and let live eh?
All Hibs after all 🇳🇬

Made an erse of things with the two threads myself - trying to rewrite the same thing and incorporate it into this... ah well.

I concur your initial post was relatively mild, but I (and others) agreed with the general sentiment of PM's response, not specific to you, about the same thing we have on here any time someone tries to discuss the national side.

Bangkok Hibby
As I said on other thread I'm fully immersed in Thailand pleasures. You are a visitor perhaps? Maybe we could have a beer sometime. I'll show you round 😀

WeeRussell
As I said on other thread I'm fully immersed in Thailand pleasures. You are a visitor perhaps? Maybe we could have a beer sometime. I'll show you round 😀

Have been a visitor and would love to again - make it a bucket and you've got a deal :greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
21-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Made an erse of things with the two threads myself - trying to rewrite the same thing and incorporate it into this... ah well.

I concur your initial post was relatively mild, but I (and others) agreed with the general sentiment of PM's response, not specific to you, about the same thing we have on here any time someone tries to discuss the national side.

No bother mate
GGTTH

Besties Debut
21-03-2019, 04:22 PM
As I said on other thread I'm fully immersed in Thailand pleasures. You are a visitor perhaps? Maybe we could have a beer sometime. I'll show you round 😀Ive been over a quite a few times. My daughter used to teach English in a language school in Bangkok and my brother retired to Pattaya a few years ago. It's a brilliant country.

Bangkok Hibby
21-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Ive been over a quite a few times. My daughter used to teach English in a language school in Bangkok and my brother retired to Pattaya a few years ago. It's a brilliant country.

It certainly is.

Since90+2
21-03-2019, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure about that - I've never come close to stopping supporting Hibs despite some VERY poor times with them.

Most football fans in this country put their club above country though which is why they will be more resilient to periods of poor results IMO.

Diclonius
21-03-2019, 05:01 PM

If Hibs had been as consistently bad as Scotland have been since 1998 our attendance would be around 5/6k by now.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Kazakhstan v Scotland - How to watch as live...

Just pretend we got humped 3-0 and watch Eastenders instead

KWJ
21-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Stayed in work and listened when I could to radio scotland. Wow.

Mcleish out.

Not gonna stop supporting Scotland though, don't get that thinking.

Eyrie
22-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Stayed in work and listened when I could to radio scotland. Wow.

Mcleish out.

Not gonna stop supporting Scotland though, don't get that thinking.

You don't stop supporting Scotland, you just lose interest in them and end up doing something else with your life during the game before checking the score a couple of hours later. A win puts a wee smile on your face, a loss like yesterday just makes you shake your head. Either way, you move on quickly.