PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: BUYING TICKETS ONLINE | FAQS

RSS Bot
19-03-2019, 11:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9817)

hulk
19-03-2019, 12:22 PM
They should really mention the costs of phoning up - if line is busy and you need to try many times you will be hit with a bill anywhere from £5 upwards. Know a few who kept trying unaware of the costs they were racking up.

Speedy
19-03-2019, 01:04 PM
They should really mention the costs of phoning up - if line is busy and you need to try many times you will be hit with a bill anywhere from £5 upwards. Know a few who kept trying unaware of the costs they were racking up.

What they should really do, is replace the number with a non-premium 03 number.

Radium
19-03-2019, 02:12 PM

£25 bill came as a bit of a shock a couple of years back. Naively didn’t realise that when they cut you off after a prerecorded message you still got charged for the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar T Grouch
19-03-2019, 03:55 PM

They are actually breaking the UK Calling guidelines by not stating the charges for this number. They are obligated to state both their own 'access' charge and state that your phone company can also charge a 'service' charge. The club can get censured for not doing this and it seems a pretty basic thing to get right. You'd need to assume Hibs have covered though, not sure how, but I am sure they wouldn't leave themselves open to the ASA coming down heavily on them.

jeffers
19-03-2019, 04:08 PM
"The tickets will not be listed online until 12pm on Friday 22 March, at which point the website will automatically refresh. If you are on our e-ticketing site at this time, please note that this may reset the online queue as a result of the refresh to list the fixture."

Why does it say may and not will reset the online queue ? Don't they know ?? No wonder we get frustrated with the eticketing site when the club themselves either don't know how it actually works or are able explain it.

Hibs1969
20-03-2019, 07:42 PM
I got hit with a £15 bill last season for numerous unsuccessful attempts to upgrade a youth season ticket for an adult and I couldn't have been on the phone for more than 15 seconds on any one call. The 0844 prefix is a killer if you're using a mobile to call the ticket office.

Diclonius
20-03-2019, 07:44 PM
"The tickets will not be listed online until 12pm on Friday 22 March, at which point the website will automatically refresh. If you are on our e-ticketing site at this time, please note that this may reset the online queue as a result of the refresh to list the fixture."

Why does it say may and not will reset the online queue ? Don't they know ?? No wonder we get frustrated with the eticketing site when the club themselves either don't know how it actually works or are able explain it.

It doesn't reset it.

20-03-2019, 08:55 PM
£25 bill came as a bit of a shock a couple of years back. Naively didn’t realise that when they cut you off after a prerecorded message you still got charged for the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually a bit of p*ss-take by Ticketmaster disconnecting the calls after about 30 seconds, surely they could have a queueing system with you on hold so you only pay the connection charges once. Racked up £40 odd in charges one time and never even got through.

wookie70
20-03-2019, 09:10 PM

I suspect it says that to try and get people not to do it. They were more specific the last few times and I ignored them and it never booted me off. I doubt the tactics have changed much for being successful.

Don't listen to what the club says and that includes them saying it is sold out.
Multiple log ins on different devices and browsers and don't give in.
Start with what tickets you need and build from there, getting 4s and 5s isn't going to be easy.
Ignore what it says on here and keep plugging away changing sections until you are successful.
Most of all be lucky as it is a terrible system where luck plays a big part. When you log in sometimes doesn't matter and you can get perfect seats two or three times and never get the ability to pay for them.

The whole sorry mess could be greatly improved by bringing back loyalty points. I'm due to miss out as I have always got the tickets I wanted previously. I'll be maximising my chances and finishing work early though.

ian cruise
21-03-2019, 12:03 AM

The "may reset" will be to cover themselves in case anyone is sitting in the queue and gets chucked out leaving them unable to get tickets. They've already warned folk it's a possibility even though it's not meant to happen. Won't make anyone feel any less angry and stop complaints if it happens but I'd guess legally they're required to put a disclaimer in to remove liability.