PDA

View Full Version : The legend Conrad Logan

hibeerealist
18-03-2019, 06:58 PM
Big man on Sky sports Mansfield v Lincoln worth watching to see him alone!

His semi final performance in 2016 was the main reason we got to the final.

Mansfield just gone one up, hope the big man gets promotion.

Billy Whizz
18-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Semi final display against Dundee Utd, was as good as it gets

The 90+2
18-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Semi final display against Dundee Utd, was as good as it gets

The greatest unexpected performance from any player in our history I would say.

Good luck Conrad.

Waxy
18-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Seems to be alot trimmer now. Mr legend.

Billy Whizz
18-03-2019, 07:11 PM

Good luck Conrad.

Bet Billy McKay is still having nightmares

Slavers
18-03-2019, 07:15 PM
I'll never forget him running out in that semi final! I thought oh no we have a fat nightmare in goals! But to everyone's surprise he produces a performance that will never ever be forgotten by any Hibs fan.

We think Budgie is a Legend well Conrad surpasses him and that is some saying!

Since452
18-03-2019, 07:17 PM
If anyone deserved that winners medal it was Conrad. Thankyou.

Mick O'Rourke
18-03-2019, 07:33 PM
His Hibernian journey could have been penned by those writers who did the old comics.
Roy of the Rovers /Alf Tupper type scripts.
But the Polar Bear story was fact, not fiction.

Conrad, we would certainly not have won the cup without you.
That is a fact.
You deserve your own song in tribute to your heroics in that semi final .....:greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7by4HbKrETg

:hibees

18-03-2019, 07:34 PM

'Mon the Polar Bear.

Topographic Hibby
18-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Love the player celebrations on 21/5, singing along to SoL.

The polar bear is utterly confused and wafting his arms in all directions. Not got a Scooby as to what is going on and what the hell are the fans singing.

But lovin’ every minute!!

Legend :flag:

The 90+2
18-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Bet Billy McKay is still having nightmares

Was poetic he turned us down in the relegation season too in a way.

I remember turning up early as I always do for the Semis (never the final mind) and thinking what the absolute **** during the warm up, I wanted to cry 😂 what happened after that must be the same delusional **** stoners view as an optical illusion. Utter brilliance.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2019, 08:21 PM
the big fella nearly mucked up 10 mins ago and now gives away a penalty, silly 1-1

Hiber-nation
18-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Flying leap to take his own player out then gave away a daft penalty. Didn't even save it!

macca70
18-03-2019, 08:22 PM
That was a shocker, just clattered into the Lincoln player and gifted them a penalty

calumhibee1
18-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Not sure anyone will gain legendary status ever again with such few appearances. What a guy.

SRHibs
18-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Jesus, the boy Lincoln just brought on is bigger than Conrad!

jacomo
18-03-2019, 10:24 PM

Good luck Conrad.

Absolute hero.

CentreLine
19-03-2019, 07:49 PM
I'll never forget him running out in that semi final! I thought oh no we have a fat nightmare in goals! But to everyone's surprise he produces a performance that will never ever be forgotten by any Hibs fan.

We think Budgie is a Legend well Conrad surpasses him and that is some saying!

Funny I should see your mention of Budgie today. A pal of mine told me that he was traveling north on a train from Bradford some time in 1990 or 91 and John Burridge sat in the seat opposite him on the way north. They got chatting and it seems he was on his way to talk over a loan or a deal with one of the Dundee sides. My pal, who knew a thing or two about the game, told him all about Hibs and that we were a bit short in his department at that time. Apparently Budgie took a chance and approached the club. The rest is history.
I can’t remember all the detail but my pal died this morning and I believe we are indebted to him for the legend that is John Burridge.

RIP Willie (Stuart) Thomas. A great Hibee and true gent.

hibsfan7
19-03-2019, 07:59 PM
His must be the greatest ever debut is world football

CmoantheHibs
19-03-2019, 08:00 PM
His Hibernian journey could have been penned by those writers who did the old comics.

That is a fact.
You deserve your own song in tribute to your heroics in that semi final .....:greengrin

That video never fails to lift my spirits and put a big cheesy grin on my face.

PatHead
19-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Funny I should see your mention of Budgie today. A pal of mine told me that he was traveling north on a train from Bradford some time in 1990 or 91 and John Burridge sat in the seat opposite him on the way north. They got chatting and it seems he was on his way to talk over a loan or a deal with one of the Dundee sides. My pal, who knew a thing or two about the game, told him all about Hibs and that we were a bit short in his department at that time. Apparently Budgie took a chance and approached the club. The rest is history.
I can’t remember all the detail but my pal died this morning and I believe we are indebted to him for the legend that is John Burridge.

RIP Willie (Stuart) Thomas. A great Hibee and true gent.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Great story.

CentreLine
19-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Great story.

He was a great friend but the true loss is his family’s. But didn’t intend to hijack the thread. Just thought it was a coincidence and a great story about a good Hibee.

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2019, 10:14 PM
The Conrad Logan story really is the stuff that makes legends and in the future mists of time it will become one of the club's enduring bits of history.

Big fat Irish lad who hasn't saved or kicked a ball in anger for over a year turns up from nowhere as a filler inner for a suspended goalie and has the game of his life to take the club into the cup final almost single handedly …. He then becomes part of a Hibs team that will be remembered alongside the greatest ever to represent this club, picks up his medal and disappears back into the mists like some mythical superhero.

Conrad Logan, the Polar Bear, could well have gone from apprentice teenage player to gnarled old pro hanging up his gloves and been forgotten by the football world as 99% of players are …… but in the space of a few weeks he became a guy who will never be forgotten by thousands of fans.

You couldn't write it ………. If you want legends that's how you make them :thumbsup:

heretoday
19-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Budgie. An amazing guy. Force of nature.

monktonharp
19-03-2019, 11:11 PM
budgie aye, CONRAD LEGEND.

Michael
19-03-2019, 11:16 PM
In that semi final Logan was the best keeper in the world for 120mins + pens. I don't think a single player anywhere else on the planet could have done what he did.

Famous Fiver
20-03-2019, 07:25 AM
I had never seen anything like it since my Edinburgh Amateur days. Thought one of the players had brought his pal along because we were a man short. It was going to be a severe embarrassment. Laughing stock. Couldn't believe Hibs could be so amateurish. They could have got one of the supporters bus drivers to fill in. Surely Tam McCourt had played in goals in 5 a sides? Still Game does football. Every despairing remark in the book.

Then........120 minutes of jaw dropping goalkeeping. A masterclass. Penalty shootout and all.

Thank you Conrad for an unforgettable day.

BILLYHIBS
20-03-2019, 07:25 AM

That is a fact.

Brilliant!

:thumbsup:

scooby
20-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Anyone know who was responsible for bringing him here?
The semi-final was probably the most surreal experience I've had at a football match. We were absolutely toothless, but from the first save he made, you could sense that something remarkable was happening, and by the time we reached penalties, I think our other players did too.
Still chuckle at the chants of BFG, the man's an absolute legend 💚

Waxy
20-03-2019, 11:19 AM
What a semi final that was. The polar bears semi final and Jasons two pens.

.Sean.
20-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Frightening being that big a legend yet only making 4 appearances for us! What a man.

Legend

Mick O'Rourke
20-03-2019, 12:06 PM
A wee reminder of the Legend that is Conrad Logan.

Though shalt not pass!! :not worth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=XdLK33NB4P8

scoopyboy
20-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Frightening being that big a legend yet only making 4 appearances for us! What a man.

Legend

Actually played 8 times Sean.

2 league matches, 4 play off games and 2 in the cup.

Don't think he actually saved a shot in the final!!!!

oneone73
20-03-2019, 08:10 PM

Don't think he actually saved a shot in the final!!!!

Not surprising. Sevco only had two on target, and they were pretty much unsaveable - particularly Halliday's winner.

.Sean.
20-03-2019, 09:07 PM

Don't think he actually saved a shot in the final!!!! Totally forgot about the playoff games for some reason :boo hoo: