PDA

View Full Version : Who have you been most impressed by this season?

Navids Numpties
17-03-2019, 09:38 PM
For me Horgan. He has missed chances but his engine, skill, passing and crossing have been very good. Wonder how many assists he has? Should be in the double figures, what do you all think?

cleanyman
17-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Nobody

I we get top 6 this season I'll be content

jacomo
17-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Nobody

Jesus wept.

BILLYHIBS
17-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Efe!

matty_f
17-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Both keepers, Horgan, Omeonga, and McNulty.

Milligan in flashes.

Heckingbottom.

I think it's a shame we've had so many injuries. There isn't a player that's consistently held down a position until fairly recently.

pacoluna
17-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Efe was head and shoulders above the rest.

Frogga
17-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Efe all the way.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

jacomo
17-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Efe!

A big loss, that’s for sure.

But he’s gone, so I’m going to say Mallan, for bringing goals to our midfield.

Tornadoes70
17-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Paul Heckingbottom has come in and done a marvellous job so far. Player wise Mcnulty has added quality and goals to the team and has really impressed me with both his forward play and hard work ethic.

The Modfather
17-03-2019, 09:50 PM
Porteous

LaMotta
17-03-2019, 09:55 PM
McNulty by a mile. Outstanding finisher and movement, and brilliant link up play.

Keyser Sauzee
17-03-2019, 10:20 PM
Nobody

If you’ve not been impressed by Efe then ur eyes must be painted on.

calumhibee1
17-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Rocky
Bogdan
Efe
Porteous
McNulty
Our new management duo

Captain Trips
17-03-2019, 10:36 PM
In the last 10yrs or so we have had some awful goalkeepers. It really is a joy to have the likes of Ofir and Bogdan at the club this season.

We would be quite a bit further down league if not for these guys.

BILLYHIBS
17-03-2019, 10:37 PM
A big loss, that’s for sure.

But he’s gone, so I’m going to say Mallan, for bringing goals to our midfield.

Hear what you are saying

Mallan scored goals against mediocre opposition in the early part of the season and that soon dried up as opposition got wise to him and he was found wanting in other areas of his game

Efe was Man of the Match week after week and you are correct he is a big loss

But there are now only two months of the season left and based over the present what many supporters would consider to be a disappointing season for one reason or another as another poster has quite rightly suggested you would have to have your eyes painted on not to see that Efe is the outstanding performer this season

Stevie Mallon..........???

The 90+2
17-03-2019, 10:39 PM
Porteous.

The board.

The 90+2
17-03-2019, 10:40 PM

Efe was gone long ago.

Bobby's Cinema
David Gray and the difference he makes when available
The influence of the new manager, Omeonga, mcnulty

H18 SFR
Heckingbottom

Viva_Palmeiras
17-03-2019, 10:41 PM
Hear what you are saying

Mallan scored goals against mediocre opposition in the early part of the season and that soon dried up as opposition got wise to him and he was found wanting in other areas of his game

Efe was Man of the Match week after week and you are correct he is a big loss

But there are now only two months of the season left and based over the present what many supporters would consider to be a disappointing season for one reason or another as another poster has quite rightly suggested you would have to have your eyes painted on not to see that Efe is the outstanding performer this season

Stevie Mallon..........???

The play and goels happen tho not a question of if me and but tho’

Nevi_SOL
17-03-2019, 10:57 PM
Stevie Mallan

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 11:04 PM
Sean Mackie.

wookie70
17-03-2019, 11:24 PM
Efe before he left was excellent and so was Porteous. Amazing results from the Heck considering he didn't have either to work with. Mallan has been frustrating at times but there have been signs he could prove to be an excellent signing and his goals and assists have been very good. Horgan has been exciting, Flo coming back, McNulty looks great as does Stephane. There are lots of positives particularly in the last month or two. I think Heck will prove to be the biggest positive though.

Smartie
17-03-2019, 11:38 PM
We often make excuses for players who make a slow start, so you have to give McNulty credit for coming in and hitting the ground running, a bit like Flo did last year.

kaimendhibs
17-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Nobody

I we get top 6 this season I'll be contentChrist

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

cleanyman
18-03-2019, 12:37 AM

He left in December did he not?

That's a bit depressing if he's our standout

Heisenberg
18-03-2019, 05:23 AM
Horgan has been impressive in the second half of the season. McNulty and Omeonga have also made a huge difference.

Hibernian Verse
18-03-2019, 06:46 AM
McNulty...but I fear he's playing too well for us to keep him.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2019, 06:54 AM
McNulty and Omeonga have added a touch of class to our team that we were missing.

Both excellent players and I'd love to see them with us next season if at all possible.

HFC93
18-03-2019, 07:03 AM
First half of the season: Efe & Porteous

Second half of the season: Omeonga & McNulty

Honourable mentions: Bogdan & Marciano

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 07:08 AM
The play and goels happen tho not a question of if me and but tho’

:confused:

12 goals in 39 appearances is impressive for a midfielder but still has a lot of work to do and is far from the finished article hopefully PH can get even more out of him and make him the complete player

A start would be finding his best position without doubt being played further forward imho where he can utilise his undoubted shooting ability

It will be interesting to see how he performs in the same team as Scott Allan

Since452
18-03-2019, 07:12 AM
Stevie Mallan. Not everyone's cup of tea but for me he's been outstanding. Been tough for him going into a new midfield thats lost it's two star performers and being compared against club legends SJM and Dylan. He is going to become a huge player for us going forward and for me he's had a better first season than McGinn did and at a higher level.

04Sauzee
18-03-2019, 07:28 AM
Stevie Mallan. Not everyone's cup of tea but for me he's been outstanding. Been tough for him going into a new midfield thats lost it's two star performers and being compared against club legends SJM and Dylan. He is going to become a huge player for us going forward and for me he's had a better first season than McGinn did and at a higher level.

That's the thing people expect him to be McGinn or McGeouch and he's neither, seems to be playing much better in a more balanced midfield. I like him

Jones28
18-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Heckingbottom.

The squad of players too, everyone has stepped up their game imo and it shows - they are playing for the manager.

DoubleDangerous
18-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Mackie - think we have a real player on our hands with him
Efe - gone but not forgotten
Horgan - bit of a slow start but seems to have a new lease of life under Heck

As I said on a previous thread, we have a talented squad, one capable of holding our own in the league. Aye it's not balanced, but the new manager has us playing to individual strengths and we're getting results (and showing some flashes of delightful attacking football).

If we managed to finish about the Sept-League-Champions, I think it's a decent season; all things considered.

marinello59
18-03-2019, 08:07 AM
On a season long basis it’s Horgan for me. It took him a while to settle but he has steadily improved since he joined us.

J-C
18-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Mallan and hes still improving, I thought his work rate in Saturday had really improved. Porteous has really stepped up and grown into the player we all thought he would be.

Bangkok Hibby
18-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Bogdan and Porteous

hughio
18-03-2019, 09:45 AM
First half of the season: Efe & Porteous

Second half of the season: Omeonga & McNulty

Honourable mentions: Bogdan & Marciano

:agree:
Me too.

Do Do Do Stephane Omeonga.

hibee
18-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Slivka and Mackie.

southern hibby
18-03-2019, 03:53 PM
The fans. For me they have been absolutely brilliant this season. Injuries, terrible results and lacklustre performances by certain players and yet they still turn up to watch and hope.

we bicker and argue like made on here but everyone of us ( even Hermit Crab ) loves the team and goes to watch them when ever they can.

so for me this season it’s the fans.

GGTTH

cmcd
18-03-2019, 04:05 PM

You just saved me from posting this .Too many people ready to get on his back after first misplaced pass

JohnMcM
18-03-2019, 04:09 PM
All of the above, plus, of course, our Mr Hibs (Lewis Stevenson), who has once again shown his worth to yet another manager.

:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2019, 04:19 PM
Rocky
Bogdan
Efe
Porteous
McNulty
Our new management duo

:agree:

killie-hibby
18-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Leeann Dempster. For continuing as our CEO despite being the victim of undeserved abuse on social media.

HAZ2000
18-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Slivka, Omeonga and Mcnulty

Here’s Lucy!
18-03-2019, 04:37 PM
Nobody

Are you depressed?

Centre Hawf
19-03-2019, 11:15 AM
Ive still yet to be impressed by Horgan and Mallan. I think both show glimpses but I think neither consistently show it for me. I’d probably say Omeonga has impressed me so far. As had Porteous and Efe.

The Spaceman
19-03-2019, 11:28 AM

This x100!!

JDHibs
19-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Marciano - Ridiculously good keeper.

Mallan - Brings goals and good set pieces from midfield. Also the player involved in the most goals (Goals + assists) in the squad this season, no idea how he gets soo much grief.

Kamberi - Had terrible service and fed off of scraps for months. Never moaned. Always worked hard. Always put himself about and always give 100%

Horgan - Great addition to the squad, used wastefully under NL, Heck seems to be getting the best out of him.

Heck - Can only pish with the cock hes got. So far he is pishing perfectly. Had the players playing well and confidently.

heretoday
19-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Izzit HECK as like! :greengrin

The_Horde
19-03-2019, 11:33 AM

What are you basing that claim on?

McSwanky
19-03-2019, 11:39 AM
I think of all the players that have made a difference, McNulty has been the most effective.

Pretty sure we wouldn't be in the position we are in if we hadn't secured his services in January. Bottom 6 would be more likely than top 6.

JDHibs
19-03-2019, 12:31 PM
What are you basing that claim on?

McGinn 14/15 - Played 52. 4 goals. 9 assists.
Mallan 18/19 (So Far) - Played 40. 12 goals. 10 assists.

jacomo
19-03-2019, 12:52 PM
McGinn 14/15 - Played 52. 4 goals. 9 assists.
Mallan 18/19 (So Far) - Played 40. 12 goals. 10 assists.

It’s not just about goals of course.

But we’ve been crying out for a goal-scoring midfielder for years... Mallan fits the bill, even if he is not the complete player (yet).

JDHibs
19-03-2019, 01:56 PM
It’s not just about goals of course.

But we’ve been crying out for a goal-scoring midfielder for years... Mallan fits the bill, even if he is not the complete player (yet).

Correct.

They are totally different types of players.

However, goals& assists are normally the only stat that most people care about plus they are readily available.

weecounty hibby
19-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Mallan, still young and still learning.
Oli, see above
Efe, class act and should have stayed
McNulty real quality
SDG, just keeps on going and going
Lewis, see SDG.
Slivka, now seeing the real pliin his right position
Heck, playing players in right position and getting the best out of a stretched squad so far
SJM been outstanding for Villa, £25m player at least
Leeann, still getting managerial appointments and most other decisions,but not all, right

The Leith Dutch
20-03-2019, 06:30 AM

A lot of that is down to him being played in a deep role far too often. It's an area of the park where him not being the strongest defender is highlighted more acutely and where he's often too far from goal to shoot or pull the strings.

J-C
20-03-2019, 06:40 AM
A lot of that is down to him being played in a deep role far too often. It's an area of the park where him not being the strongest defender is highlighted more acutely and where he's often too far from goal to shoot or pull the strings.

I thought he defended pretty well on Saturday, he looks leaner and fitter, something I commented on during Lennon's time in charge, certain players looking unfit. He's still young and will only get better.

Saint Hibee
20-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Kamberi. 100% work rate and attitude despite all of the ups and downs.

JimBHibees
20-03-2019, 06:41 AM
I thought he defended pretty well on Saturday, he looks leaner and fitter, something I commented on during Lennon's time in charge, certain players looking unfit. He's still young and will only get better.

Agree might tie in with the comment about the gps player packs only being used when PH came into the building.

Since452
20-03-2019, 07:09 AM
Kamberi. 100% work rate and attitude despite all of the ups and downs.

He's like a new man since Lennon left. Unsurprising.

Smartie
20-03-2019, 08:02 AM
He's like a new man since Lennon left. Unsurprising.

He's like a new man since he's had McNulty up front with him.

Man Down Under
20-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Porteous

Horgan has improved the most

Omeonga hit the ground running

Mallan is my favourite, I understand hes not always consistant, but whenever he gets the ball there's a good chance something amazing is going to happen.

I would add Marciano, but he's been amazing from the start, so he hasn't surprised me this season.

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk