PDA

View Full Version : Half Time Challenge

Coach Jon
17-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Yesterday I witnessed one of the most inspirational events I have seen in my fifty years going to Easter Road. Many at the game may have missed it as it took place during the Half time break. It was the one where players run in on goal and have a shot at the goal.
Anyway, yesterday one of the kids had a disability whereby he required a walker. This didn't stop him and he was able to achieve his goal of scoring at the FF end past Sunshine in goal. The fans were Hibs class and a roar went up when he scored. He got a great ovation when he did his lap of honour and I am not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye.
That lads courage and determination was an example to us all.
I didn't catch the name of the club involved, but it was truly inspirational and I hope hibs can follow this up.

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Yesterday I witnessed one of the most inspirational events I have seen in my fifty years going to Easter Road. Many at the game may have missed it as it took place during the Half time break. It was the one where players run in on goal and have a shot at the goal.
Anyway, yesterday one of the kids had a disability whereby he required a walker. This didn't stop him and he was able to achieve his goal of scoring at the FF end past Sunshine in goal. The fans were Hibs class and a roar went up when he scored. He got a great ovation when he did his lap of honour and I am not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eye.
I didn't catch the name of the club involved, but it was truly inspirational and I hope hibs can follow this up.

It was Tranent colts, they put a video on Facebook this morning. I never seen it at the time but it was inspirational to watch, the joy football and clubs can provide for youngsters is unreal, it’ll never be ‘just a game’

wookie70
17-03-2019, 06:31 PM
https://www.facebook.com/CharliesChallenge/videos/1118520421675245/

SON OF PADDY
17-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Love the standing ovation the fans gave the lad.👏👏👏👏👏

Seveno
18-03-2019, 11:02 AM
As a friend said at the time ‘It puts everything into perspective’. Well done to the lad and for the reception from the fans.

BSEJVT
18-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Brought a tear to my eye also.

As a later poster said its more than a game.

Hibs deserve great credit for the Community stuff they do.

So do the folk at Tranent, these folk do it for the love of the game and the children's welfare and enjoyment.

Having coached youth football its too easy to get seduced by the glory of winning things and forget why you did it in the first place but these folk do it out of pure goodness.

Every so often something comes along that restores your faith a bit in humanity.

Congratulations to all concerned.

Fergos
18-03-2019, 04:44 PM
It was great seeing Hibs win as it always is but better seeing this brave soul doing his stuff, well done wee man, an total inspiration.

GGTTH.

JimBHibees
18-03-2019, 04:46 PM

Agree that was tremendous and what a brave lad to be so positive given his challenges. Well done to the coaches and players and also the fans who cheered them all on. Was great to see.

kaimendhibs
18-03-2019, 05:27 PM
It was brilliant. Everyone stopped, cheered him on and roared when he scored.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

mcfly
18-03-2019, 05:29 PM

Can’t agree more.

That was fantastic and what a cheer for the lad when he scored

Absolutely brilliant

Hibernia&Alba
19-03-2019, 05:04 AM

Very well said, sir. It was a lovely moment :top marks