PDA

View Full Version : English Championship 3 horse race

HibbyAndy
17-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Fantastic wee 3 horse race going on at the top of the English Championship , Between Norwich Leeds and Sheffield utd , Top of the league has changed hands a few times over the last few weeks so who do we think are getting top 2 and what team is settling for a playoff place ?

I think Norwich and Sheffield utd have the bottle to hold their nerve and get automatic promotion whilst Leeds will do what Leeds do best , Fall at the final hurdle

Norwich 1st
Sheff utd 2nd

Aston villa to beat Leeds in the playoff final with Mcginn scoring in a 2-1 win

04Sauzee
17-03-2019, 04:54 PM
Probably right down to Notts Forrest could get top 6

Famous Fiver
17-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't bet against Villa being in the mix.

If Scotland can make up a 31 point deficit in half an hour Villa with their momentum could easily get into the play offs and get promotion. Anything is possible.

worcesterhibby
17-03-2019, 06:02 PM
I had £10 on Villa at 28-1 to get promoted 3 weeks ago when Grealish first came back, they are now 6-1. They are the team with momentum..I would LOVE to see them beat Leeds in the play offs !:greengrin

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Wouldn't bet against Villa being in the mix.

If Scotland can make up a 31 point deficit in half an hour Villa with their momentum could easily get into the play offs and get promotion. Anything is possible.

Villa are already in the play off spots?

Famous Fiver
17-03-2019, 07:17 PM
:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

I bow to your superior knowledge.

I wouldn't bet against them staying in the play off positions. I thought they were still a couple of points shy.

Sorry, my good man.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2019, 07:22 PM
I love watching Norwich, you score 2 we'll score 3, what else can you ask for as an unbiased viewer?

RoYO!
17-03-2019, 07:22 PM
SJM almost bagging a hatrick, some player! Great to see.

hibsbollah
17-03-2019, 07:26 PM
I want leeds to do it but i think they're going to falter. Norwich and the Blades promoted and someone out of leftfield to go through via the playoffs; Villa Wednesday and Preston all on good form recently and sneaking up there.

HibbyAndy
17-03-2019, 07:26 PM
I love watching Norwich, you score 2 we'll score 3, what else can you ask for as an unbiased viewer?

:agree:

Best team by far in the league

Pukki never cut it in Scotland tae

bodhibs
17-03-2019, 08:01 PM
:agree:

Best team by far in the league

Pukki never cut it in Scotland tae

Kenny McLean has been superb for them of late

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Villa in a good position just now and have hit a bit of form however a couple of teams below them have games in hand, Derby have 1, Bristol City have 2 which would knock them back out of the playoff spot if they win their games

Hibernia&Alba
18-03-2019, 01:35 PM
I think Norwich will be promoted, then it's one of Sheff United and Leeds for the other automatic place. The Blades' result at Elland Road at the weekend could be huge, but there will be more twists and turns yet.

SteveHFC
18-03-2019, 04:31 PM
Leeds, Sheffield United and Villa to go up.

Renfrew_Hibby
18-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Any 3 from Norwich, Sheff Utd, Leeds and Villa would be great for the Prem.

I think Preston will have a huge say in it as Alex Neil has got them flying at just the right time. They play both Leeds & Sheff Utd at home and if they land in the play off slots then they've as good a chance as any.

Preston are one of Englands grand old teams who haven't featured in the top flight for about 60 years now so I'm hoping they can sneek it.
If I had to choose then Norwich, Sheffield United and Aston Villa.

sambajustice
18-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Fancy Wednesday for the play offs!

Going to go watch Bannan boss McGinn in a couple weeks time at Hillsborough!

HibbyAndy
07-04-2019, 12:21 PM
Fantastic wee 3 horse race going on at the top of the English Championship , Between Norwich Leeds and Sheffield utd , Top of the league has changed hands a few times over the last few weeks so who do we think are getting top 2 and what team is settling for a playoff place ?

I think Norwich and Sheffield utd have the bottle to hold their nerve and get automatic promotion whilst Leeds will do what Leeds do best , Fall at the final hurdle

Norwich 1st
Sheff utd 2nd

Yip Leeds are gonna 'Leeds it ':greengrin

Iggy Pope
07-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Fancy Wednesday for the play offs!

Going to go watch Bannan boss McGinn in a couple weeks time at Hillsborough!

Subbed on 73 mins I see :greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Big win for Villa yesterday

HibbyAndy
07-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Big win for Villa yesterday

Saw Mcginns goal on tv and it was a wee cracker

The Wireless
07-04-2019, 01:54 PM
Saw Mcginns goal on tv and it was a wee cracker

Leeds to go up. 6 games to go. IMO best players, manager and youth system. Hopefully with Villa in play offs. as both teams are Premiership clubs. All to play for. Leeds final game of season barring the dreaded playoffs is Villa at Elland Road which could be decisive. Both would stay up however Sheffield Utd & Norwich would be down again within 3 seasons at best. No gimmes in this league. :agree:

HibbyAndy
07-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Leeds to go up. 6 games to go. IMO best players, manager and youth system. Hopefully with Villa in play offs. as both teams are Premiership clubs. All to play for. Leeds final game of season barring the dreaded playoffs is Villa at Elland Road which could be decisive. Both would stay up however Sheffield Utd & Norwich would be down again within 3 seasons at best. No gimmes in this league. :agree:

Villa play Norwich final game

The Wireless
07-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Villa play Norwich final game

Your right, I meant Leeds final game at Elland Road

hibsbollah
07-04-2019, 05:20 PM

Bannans apparently had a great season, one of the best players in that division. Never really impressed me for Scotland though.

Lancs Harp
07-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Bannans apparently had a great season, one of the best players in that division. Never really impressed me for Scotland though.

Bannan had a spell at Blackpool in the rise to the Premier League, did very well for 'Pool. I once saw him in a 3-0 win at Middlesborough and he tore them to shreds. Always rated him in the games I saw him play in a Tangerine shirt.

hibsbollah
07-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Bannan had a spell at Blackpool in the rise to the Premier League, did very well for 'Pool. I once saw him in a 3-0 win at Middlesborough and he tore them to shreds. Always rated him in the games I saw him play in a Tangerine shirt.

Interesting. My cousins are Wednesday fans and they like him too. Some players just never show for Scotland what they do with their clubs, Gary McAllister a classic example.

Hibeesmad
07-04-2019, 06:00 PM
Hope Villa manage to get promoted. Would put the price tag on McGinn even higher and I believe we would earn a few extra million if they get promoted this season.

hfc rd
07-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Hope Villa manage to get promoted. Would put the price tag on McGinn even higher and I believe we would earn a few extra million if they get promoted this season.

Would be great to see Villa get promoted.

If they don’t, I’ve got a feeling Brenda is going to try and sign him for Leicester this summer. Was desperate to have him at Celtic.

Hibeesmad
13-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Very close going into the final games of the season. That 95th minute goal could cost Sheffield United automatic promotion today.

Final games for each team:

Norwich-

Wigan (A)
Sheffield Wednesday (H)
Stoke (A)
Blackburn (H)
Villa (A)

If Norwich can beat Wigan and win their two home games I think they should have the league wrapped up.

Leeds-

Wigan (H)
Brentford (A)
Villa (H)
Ipswich (A)

Villa and Brentford are going to be tough games but I think Leeds will get minimum 4 points from those two and grab the automatic promotion spot.

Sheff Utd-

Nott Forest (H)
Hull (A)
Ipswich (H)
Stoke (A)

All 4 games winable but Billy Sharp went off with a hamstring today which could see him out for 2 or 3 of the games. With Leeds current 3 point advantage I don't think United will do it.

Looking over the season and how results could have seen a different outcome. Sheff Utd throwing a 3-0 lead at Villa Park and conceding in the 95th minute today.

Norwich conceding again late in the game against Reading the other night. It's been a great season and the race for the play offs is just as exciting. I'm hoping Derby get into the mix along with Villa for the McGinn and Ambrose connections.

Here’s Lucy!
15-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Love Leeds United, and therefore hope they do it.

Some really good players in their squad, good stadium and a huge fanbase.

HibbyAndy
09-06-2019, 01:30 PM

Norwich 1st
Sheff utd 2nd

Nearly right ,:greengrin

PH91
09-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Nearly right ,:greengrin

Excellent predicting! Ridiculously close.