PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875

Pages : [1] 2

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 02:13 PM
The support is wishing to discuss so shall the admins allow the conversation?

HTD1875
17-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Couple people questioning her majesty’s decisions and it’s thread closed straight away, embarrassing.

Deek01
17-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Was enjoying reading the previous thread, odd behaviour from the admins 🤔

oneone73
17-03-2019, 02:17 PM

Agreed.

Joe6-2
17-03-2019, 02:18 PM
What have I missed here?

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 02:19 PM
What have I missed here?

The reason this place is sometimes referred to as taliban.net

hibee_girl
17-03-2019, 02:20 PM
It wasn’t closed by the admins.

I’ll wait for all the apologies :aok:

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Couple people questioning her majesty’s decisions and it’s thread closed straight away, embarrassing.

Her majesty?

Are you for real?

cabbageandribs1875
17-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Was enjoying reading the previous thread, odd behaviour from the admins ��

it was indeed :greengrin

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 02:21 PM
it was indeed :greengrin

It wasn't closed by the admins.

It was closed by the OP.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 02:22 PM
I am not an Admin, I started the thread about how wonderful the singing sounded yesterday, coming from the West stand hospitality area.

That the thread degenerated into a slanging match, particularly critisising the actions being taken to eradicate the actions of a minority that are seen as damaging the club, then I felt it wrong to continue the thread. As I started the thread, I had the ability to close it.

If you want to start a new thread to have a go at the club feel free, but don't hijack a thread that started out positively praising fans for supporting the club.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 02:23 PM
It wasn’t closed by the admins.

I’ll wait for all the apologies :aok:

Hi HG I have explained why I closed the previous thread.

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 02:23 PM
I am not an Admin, I started the thread about how wonderful the singing sounded yesterday, coming from the West stand hospitality area.

That the thread degenerated into a slanging match, particularly critisising the actions being taken to eradicate the actions of a minority that are seen as damaging the club, then I felt it wrong to continue the thread. As I started the thread, I had the ability to close it.

If you want to start a new thread to have a go at the club feel free, but don't hijack a thread that started out positively praising fans for supporting the club.

What actions?

SteveHFC
17-03-2019, 02:24 PM

Agreed.

Moulin Yarns
Her majesty?

Are you for real?

That sort of comment was why I closed it

Hibbyradge
The reason this place is sometimes referred to as taliban.net

What? Idiots all too ready to apportion blame wrongly?

HFC93
17-03-2019, 02:26 PM
'Her Majesty'. Pure cringe chat.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 02:27 PM
What actions?

Don't be so defensive, you know exactly what actions have been damaging to our club recently.

Missiles, encroaching on the pitch, pyrotechnics.... Do I need to go on?

MSK
17-03-2019, 02:27 PM
The reason this place is sometimes referred to as taliban.net****ing pathetic, the thread wasnt closed by Admins, it was closed by the thread starter

superbam
17-03-2019, 02:28 PM

Very surprised it was closed with such a strong stance taken, surely a worthwhile discussion to have....

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Very surprised it was closed with such a strong stance taken, surely a worthwhile discussion to have....

see below.

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 02:31 PM
What? Idiots all too ready to apportion blame wrongly? Rightly or mostly wrongly that's how this forum is often seen.

DC_Hibs
17-03-2019, 02:31 PM

"Slanging match" - calm yourself.
It was all reasoned debate unlike most of the junk on here but seems more that you didn't like the posts of an opposing viewpoint and closed it.

Bizarre indeed.

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Don't be so defensive, you know exactly what actions have been damaging to our club recently.

Yes, explain your comment for starters.

TheReg!
17-03-2019, 02:33 PM

Agreed

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Rightly or mostly wrongly that's how this forum is often seen.

By whom?

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Agreed

It wasn't closed by the admins.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Our support are hardly blameless at times, but Dempster does seem to like the sledgehammer approach with OUR fans, yet is very silent when its the usual behaviour OUR fans receive both home and away at Ibrox Parkhead and tynecastle.

Maybe if she was seen to be supporting OUR fans at certain times, they would not be taking things into their own hands and behaving badly as they have done recently?

You can call this whataboutery if you like, but when you see our response to what happens in that away end whenever those lot appear at Easter Road, then is it any surprise folk behave similarly?

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 02:37 PM
"Slanging match" - calm yourself.
It was all reasoned debate unlike most of the junk on here but seems more that you didn't like the posts of an opposing viewpoint and closed it.

Bizarre indeed.

Not on the thread about the positive effect of the singing from the West Stand. The reasons for closing it are highlighted below.

I still haven't heard a defence of who it was that threw the drumstick from the 'official' singing section yet. Maybe sort that out first and they will be allowed the privileges that have been withdrawn

TheReg!
17-03-2019, 02:37 PM

Blanket punishments is not the way to solve any issue!

Since452
17-03-2019, 02:38 PM
It's for reasons like this i think the fans rep thing is a waste of time. Ultimately Leeann makes the decisions.

mentalhibee
Get Since1875 back in the east stand where they belong, they have been placed in the FF upper and it doesn’t work. I’m not part of the group but appreciate the efforts to create some atmosphere at the games.

Killiehibbie
By whom? By people who feel that criticism of certain people and subjects can't be discussed.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Blanket punishments is not the way to solve any issue!

Then fellow supporters need to call out those responsible, for throwing missiles and lighting pyros, for example. Until that happens the club have to take the blanket approach until the idiots are removed.

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Then fellow supporters need to call out those responsible, for throwing missiles and lighting pyros, for example. Until that happens the club have to take the blanket approach until the idiots are removed.

That you Lee?

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 02:46 PM
By people who feel that criticism of certain people and subjects can't be discussed.

Their thinking is flawed.

You should ask them to give a few examples of when discussion on those subjects have been banned.

They won't be able to.

TheReg!
17-03-2019, 02:47 PM

I agree with the first part however, when was the last time you saw a flare coming from the FFU??? The blanket punishment is way over the top imho, an easy out for LD. She is not protecting the clubs reputation by doing this, she is looking after her own interest. It wouldn’t surprise me if she isn’t gone come the end of the season.

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Hopefully we still have 100 smoke bombs on the way to Tynie in a few weeks, never been an issue til now and the police have never been bothered by it either until now.

You can’t pick and choose when to hand punishments out for the same issue.

leither17
17-03-2019, 02:48 PM
That you Lee?

If it’s illegal and the club could face sanctions of some sort for fans actions then what do you suggest happens?

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 02:49 PM
If it’s illegal and the club could face sanctions of some sort for fans actions then what do you suggest happens?

The club cannot face sanctions for the behaviour of fans pre game outside the stadium.

TheReg!
17-03-2019, 02:50 PM

As far as I’m aware, there is no strict liability in Scotland.

leither17
17-03-2019, 02:51 PM
The club cannot face sanctions for the behaviour of fans pre game outside the stadium.

I was talking about throwing missles and lighting flares which was mentioned in the quoted post

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 02:52 PM

You're absolutely right in doing so.

:top marks

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 02:52 PM

I'm all ears as to how Since 1875 have been encroaching the pitch from the top tier of the Famous Five.

leither17
17-03-2019, 02:53 PM

So no matter what goes on in the stand it won’t affect the club with fines etc?

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 02:54 PM
I was talking about throwing missles and lighting flares which was mentioned in the quoted post

The missiles and pitch invaders came from the east, and the pyros were pre game outside the ground. The club would have to be very daft indeed to get done by the authorities when there is no strict liability.

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 02:55 PM
That you Lee?

Aye, grassing people's behaviour is bad, so let's just let them do what they want. That's twisted logic.

Before anybody replies, I'd like to make clear that I have no idea what the guy was banned for (so make no judgement either way), I'm referring to reporting offensive or violent behaviour in general.

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 02:59 PM
I agree with the first part however, when was the last time you saw a flare coming from the FFU???

Last time was against The The Rangers.

weecounty hibby
17-03-2019, 03:02 PM

Plus numerous reports of a drumstick being thrown onto the pitch. I'm not taking sides here by any manner of means but still haven't heard from BouncerRoss about that yet. As I've said many times get our house in order first as we can have some control over that and then look at away support. Bottle throwing and pitch invading in the last couple of weeks has let celtic and the Hun off the hook.

The 90+2
17-03-2019, 03:07 PM

Why would you close the first thread then prominently post on this thread?

Torto7
17-03-2019, 03:13 PM
They'll be persona non grata because they're young males and occasionally they act like young males. The luvvies that run sport/entertainment only want cosy braindead consumers that buy tickets and don't ask questions. If some wee f@nny runs on the pitch/throws a bottle then it's that persons fault and they'll be punished for it. A bunch of guys that bang a drum and have a display etc aren't to blame. I think you nailed her hypocrisy when you wrote that she's happy to use the displays for marketing reasons.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the police are trying to put pressure on the club behind the scenes btw. Any away game I've noticed the singing section being watched rather obsessively by the plod.

Pretty Boy
17-03-2019, 03:13 PM
Still waiting on an apology from those who jumped in feet first. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Things like that are why people get banned then run off to use phrases like taliban.net.

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 03:17 PM

He explained that.

It's because the first thread was supposed to be a positive comment on the support from those in the West Upper, but people hijacked it onto a completely different subject.

This one is specifically about that subject, so why shouldn't he discuss it?

TheReg!
17-03-2019, 03:17 PM

Fair enough. Never saw it personally however, my argument still stands, why blanket punish a group for an individual crime. Can we expect a blanket punishment for Sevco/Celtic/Hearts for bringing in Pyro, destroying seats, inc throwing them, not to mention sectarian abuse/singing?

@BouncerRoss, ultimately your group up in the FFU need to screw the nut with the pyro if it’s a recurring thing (I’ve not seen much from there tbh) Ive no doubt you all keep in comms via WhatsApp to chat about things like this. My suggestion would be to start a fresh next season in the East in and around Sec 43.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 03:18 PM
My two cents, from somebody who's stood in the singing section for one gam, which was Celtic at home in the Quarter Final a fortnight back.

The singing section (or Since 1875 as I've today found out they're called) do a fantastic job in spite of several limitations that are placed on them either by circumstance, financial constraints or the club.

It's galling that they stand in the top corner of a stand that is as far away from the action as possible, while the tier below them lies half full every week apart from Category A games. This is in no way a pop at the loyal Hibs fans who are there in the FFL week in, week out. They're supporting their club and sitting in seats that they've sat in for years if not decades.

For that Celtic game that me and a pal went in the FF Upper for, it was a great atmosphere, and there was a good surfer display too before the game that clearly must've cost a bit of cash to make. While they ask for donations on here from time to time, they must be putting a fair bit of their own money into these displays as well.

It seems an almost uniquely British thing that boardrooms view ultras/active support/whatever you want to call them as a hindrance, rather than a massive boost for a club. Hibs, I've felt, have been more supportive than most in the past few years, but these recent weeks seem to suggest things have deteriorated.

For what it's worth, I think Since 1875 should now break all remaining communication with the board and go rogue, for want of a better word. Buy season tickets in the East for next year, gather at the top of a section (probably 45 sadly as everywhere else will have ST holders) and make an atmosphere, prove their worth and slowly watch the club come crawling back with cap in hand.

Appreciate the lack of an East concourse for displays must be extremely frustrating, but is there nowhere else where it'd be possible to do? A large hall or the like? I might be completely wrong, I helped set up the display before the Rangers game last May but that was just putting flags into seats. Since I've never been involved in the process of creating banners etc, I have no idea what sort of facilities yous are needing.

Think the board are taking a much too short-termist view on this. The way that these groups grow is over time. The Green Brigade, though I dislike them, started in 2006 as a handful of Celtic supporters. It's now grown into a massive safe standing section that is probably the only thing British football has which is close to a proper, European ultras section.

If Section 43 hadn't broken up we'd probably be in an even better position - atmosphere wise - than we are at the moment. Since 1875 had to start off pretty much from scratch and they've done a fantastic job. Give them what they want and let them flourish, because the fans who've come back since we won the cup are temporary, these guys will be around a lot longer and for the benefit of our whole support.

I'll end by saying that there has been a, give or take, worldwide move to gentrify football for the last decade or so now. TV companies take a lot of blame for that, as do UEFA and FIFA who have given far too much power to the biggest clubs and the biggest players.

Scotland has a chance to break away from this and be something for the fans. It really, really wouldn't be difficult to do, either. Why are we trying to imitate English football? We'll never have the money to replicate it and it'll never be taken as seriously.

Why don't we try something radical and different? Cheap ticket prices, boisterous supports and full support from clubs for their fans would all go a long way to improving the Scottish game.

FranckSuzy
17-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Back to the singers in hospitality, they could be heard loud and clear in the West Lower and then I moved to the West Upper in the second half so was just along from them :thumbsup: Great addition to the atmosphere and after the game, they came round to the Hibs Club, where they had hired upstairs :not worth

Seemingly, it was the 40th birthday of two of the group and they seemed to be having a great time. Top lads :agree:

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Plus numerous reports of a drumstick being thrown onto the pitch. I'm not taking sides here by any manner of means but still haven't heard from BouncerRoss about that yet. As I've said many times get our house in order first as we can have some control over that and then look at away support. Bottle throwing and pitch invading in the last couple of weeks has let celtic and the Hun off the hook.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other, it was at our ground which we decided to increase allocations for the rangers game which resulted in A) a more poisonous atmosphere and B) 4000 rather than 1800 mutants singing sectarian abuse. We can deal with our own as well as condemn the away support and advise they’ll have even less tickets next time. But no, we blame everything on our own support.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 03:27 PM

I was clear why I closed it. It was so far off topic that the original thread title was no longer relevant.

HFC93
17-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Slightly off topic, but 'Taliban.net' is a rubbish nickname.

Nae creativity, of all the totalitarian/oppressive regimes to pick they've gone for the Taliban.

Must do better.

Libby Hibby
17-03-2019, 03:32 PM
My two cents, from somebody who's stood in the singing section for one gam, which was Celtic at home in the Quarter Final a fortnight back.

The singing section (or Since 1875 as I've today found out they're called) do a fantastic job in spite of several limitations that are placed on them either by circumstance, financial constraints or the club.

It's galling that they stand in the top corner of a stand that is as far away from the action as possible, while the tier below them lies half full every week apart from Category A games. This is in no way a pop at the loyal Hibs fans who are there in the FFL week in, week out. They're supporting their club and sitting in seats that they've sat in for years if not decades.

For that Celtic game that me and a pal went in the FF Upper for, it was a great atmosphere, and there was a good surfer display too before the game that clearly must've cost a bit of cash to make. While they ask for donations on here from time to time, they must be putting a fair bit of their own money into these displays as well.

It seems an almost uniquely British thing that boardrooms view ultras/active support/whatever you want to call them as a hindrance, rather than a massive boost for a club. Hibs, I've felt, have been more supportive than most in the past few years, but these recent weeks seem to suggest things have deteriorated.

For what it's worth, I think Since 1875 should now break all remaining communication with the board and go rogue, for want of a better word. Buy season tickets in the East for next year, gather at the top of a section (probably 45 sadly as everywhere else will have ST holders) and make an atmosphere, prove their worth and slowly watch the club come crawling back with cap in hand.

Appreciate the lack of an East concourse for displays must be extremely frustrating, but is there nowhere else where it'd be possible to do? A large hall or the like? I might be completely wrong, I helped set up the display before the Rangers game last May but that was just putting flags into seats. Since I've never been involved in the process of creating banners etc, I have no idea what sort of facilities yous are needing.

Think the board are taking a much too short-termist view on this. The way that these groups grow is over time. The Green Brigade, though I dislike them, started in 2006 as a handful of Celtic supporters. It's now grown into a massive safe standing section that is probably the only thing British football has which is close to a proper, European ultras section.

If Section 43 hadn't broken up we'd probably be in an even better position - atmosphere wise - than we are at the moment. Since 1875 had to start off pretty much from scratch and they've done a fantastic job. Give them what they want and let them flourish, because the fans who've come back since we won the cup are temporary, these guys will be around a lot longer and for the benefit of our whole support.

I'll end by saying that there has been a, give or take, worldwide move to gentrify football for the last decade or so now. TV companies take a lot of blame for that, as do UEFA and FIFA who have given far too much power to the biggest clubs and the biggest players.

Scotland has a chance to break away from this and be something for the fans. It really, really wouldn't be difficult to do, either. Why are we trying to imitate English football? We'll never have the money to replicate it and it'll never be taken as seriously.

Why don't we try something radical and different? Cheap ticket prices, boisterous supports and full support from clubs for their fans would all go a long way to improving the Scottish game.

Outstanding sir 👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼

Iggy Pope
Aye, grassing people's behaviour is bad, so let's just let them do what they want. That's twisted logic.

Before anybody replies, I'd like to make clear that I have no idea what the guy was banned for (so make no judgement either way), I'm referring to reporting offensive or violent behaviour in general.

To be honest I thought Ross’ post was a shortening of Leeann and used with some irony around the reaching out to supporters stuff.
Either way it’s pertinent.

Pretty depressing thread though. The singing section appear to be getting victimised. The thrown bottle never came from there, the radge playing keeping uppie with the hun never came from there. A few folk on here who visit Easter Road only on occasion now appear eager to debate the merits of the section. As ever. Similar stuff has been happening all season going right back to widespread condemnation of these boys for that flare in Greece by folks who watched the game on YouTube or Periscope.
They’ve added much needed atmosphere to Easter Road. A good atmosphere. Reflected by the voluntary funding and the reaction to one or several marvellous displays that they worked hard at. They should not be hounded out. Not by the club and never by their fellow supporters.
Time for Heroes right enough.

HibeeHibernian4
Slightly off topic, but 'Taliban.net' is a rubbish nickname.

Nae creativity, of all the totalitarian/oppressive regimes to pick they've gone for the Taliban.

Must do better.

Maybe it's the duality of meaning in the word 'ban'. But I'm not the wordsmith who coined it. :greengrin

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 03:34 PM
If we want a proper atmosphere at games, then perhaps more of us than just one or two sections should just create it.

As much as I enjoy most of the singing from the group in the FF Upper, we shouldn't have to rely on a small but organized group that rarely turn up for the smaller cup games and take a moody now and then and refuse to sing (like first half yesterday).

HFC93
17-03-2019, 03:35 PM
Maybe it's the duality of meaning in the word 'ban'. But I'm not the wordsmith who coined it. :greengrin

Ah I see haha. I retract my previous post.

Mikey
17-03-2019, 03:36 PM
The meeting was short, sweet and direct.

What was the reason given to you at the meeting?

marinello59
17-03-2019, 03:47 PM
The support is wishing to discuss so shall the admins allow the conversation?

There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding here, closing the thread was nowt to do with us as has been said. At least two Admin team members contributed to that thread. It’s may be too late now as the discussion has moved here but would the OP of the original thread be OK opening it again? Moulin?
The support needs to stick together on this surely.
I made a suggestion on the previous thread, happy to help that get done if you do go down that route. As long as banners / displays aren’t offensive then there is no way the club should be banning them. It’s our club to support as we see fit, not some temporary custodian to tell us what to do.

HTD1875
17-03-2019, 03:48 PM

Excellent post

DaveF
17-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Still waiting on an apology from those who jumped in feet first. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Things like that are why people get banned then run off to use phrases like taliban.net.

You'll wait a while as none of them will be honest enough to do so.

Got to be honest and say that while I had a degree of sympathy towards the singing section and the ban, reading some if the posts from those guys is making me feel less so.

Sure they are pissed off and maybe even have grounds to feel so but the comments to other posters and their general tone is poor.

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2019, 03:51 PM
Maybe the 1875 guys could post their side and not just snippets?

marinello59
17-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Maybe the 1875 guys could post their side and not just snippets?

Maybe the snippets have covered it all?

DaveF
17-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Maybe the snippets have covered it all?

I doubt it.

They had a short, sharp meeting and we're told everything was banned. Without any reason at all given?

If that is true then the club deserve criticism.

But we won't know until Ross tells all.

Mikey
17-03-2019, 04:00 PM
I doubt it.

They had a short, sharp meeting and we're told everything was banned. Without any reason at all given?

I see Tracey has mentioned that there were complaints from people in the FF Lower about items being thrown from above and landing on them.

oneone73
17-03-2019, 04:04 PM

Ok, I'll apologise, I assumed only admins could close a thread. Poor decision from the OP, though. And dreadful behaviour by Leean.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 04:05 PM
I doubt it.

It doesn't ring true, right enough, but arbitrarily banning the displays seems heavy handed, unnecessary and self defeating.

If there really is no more to this than has already been said, then there needs to be a petition or some other form of protest.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2019, 04:08 PM
And dreadful behaviour by Leean.

There’s always two sides to every story, and we’ve only had very small snippets of one of them.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 04:09 PM
It doesn't ring true, right enough, but arbitrarily banning the displays seems heavy handed, unnecessary and self defeating.

If there really is no more to this than has already been said, then there needs to be a petition or some other form of protest.

I agree.

To me, this is exactly the sort of thing the fans rep should be involved in. A buffer between fans groups and the board who can also talk to everyone in the support and tell the real story rather than the idle gossip we are currently engaged in.

marinello59
17-03-2019, 04:10 PM
There’s always two sides to every story, and we’ve only had very small snippets of one of them.

If it was a closed conversation, and I’ll take BouncerRoss’ word on that, then the snippets will have covered it all.

Thomson1875
17-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Never really post on here however I'm a daily viewer.

As a member of the group from the days of the 12th man* to what we have now, it pains to say I'm personaly parting ways with the 'fan scene' at Easter Road.

The ambition of the group's massive, especially the past few years. Started out a few hibs trying to bring colour and a bit atmosphere to the game, over the years its grew, its had its up and downs, but I've loved every minute of it, most my closest pals have came from this group, the amount of time and effort the boys put into it is unreal. It's not just 90minutes most weekends its everyday constant planning/discussions, like a part time job to some thriving for it to succeed and hit the long term goals.

When the club tell you that its a 'privilege' that we get to do displays, it infuriates me, I've seen some of my best pals put there heart and soul into finishing displays to reach deadlines, the procedure has been torture at times, but to see that end result when it all comes together makes you proud as hell. Stopping the group doing displays cause its a 'privilege' but will happily milk every single bit of marketing out of it.

I hope the boys crack on and make the long term goals happen, it's a bloody cracking group of boys who will welcome anyone in like family, but I've ran my course with the group, and will be returning with a few friends over in the good old east stand.

I'm sure once a few of the boys speak, they'll clear everything up officially with a group statement.

Hibs

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 04:14 PM
There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding here, closing the thread was nowt to do with us as has been said. At least two Admin team members contributed to that thread. It’s may be too late now as the discussion has moved here but would the OP of the original thread be OK opening it again? Moulin?
I made a suggestion on the previous thread, happy to help that get done if you do go down that route. As long as banners / displays aren’t offensive then there is no way the club should be banning them. It’s our club to support as we see fit, not some temporary custodian to tell us what to do.

If you want. But it has moved to this thread so you can open my thread if you want, then there are 2 threads covering the same ground, IMHO.

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 04:21 PM
I’m sure Leeann will put out a statement advising exactly why a full scale ban has been placed upon the group, or maybe not as communication, unless having a go at the fans, isn’t our strongest point.

Hibeewilly
17-03-2019, 04:22 PM
I agree.

To me, this is exactly the sort of thing the fans rep should be involved in. A buffer between fans groups and the board who can also talk to everyone in the support and tell the real story rather than the idle gossip we are currently engaged in.
I agree 100% Dave

Pretty Boy
17-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Never really post on here however I'm a daily viewer.

As a member of the group from the days of the 12th man* to what we have now, it pains to say I'm personaly parting ways with the 'fan scene' at Easter Road.

The ambition of the group's massive, especially the past few years. Started out a few hibs trying to bring colour and a bit atmosphere to the game, over the years its grew, its had its up and downs, but I've loved every minute of it, most my closest pals have came from this group, the amount of time and effort the boys put into it is unreal. It's not just 90minutes most weekends its everyday constant planning/discussions, like a part time job to some thriving for it to succeed and hit the long term goals.

When the club tell you that its a 'privilege' that we get to do displays, it infuriates me, I've seen some of my best pals put there heart and soul into finishing displays to reach deadlines, the procedure has been torture at times, but to see that end result when it all comes together makes you proud as hell. Stopping the group doing displays cause its a 'privilege' but will happily milk every single bit of marketing out of it.

I hope the boys crack on and make the long term goals happen, it's a bloody cracking group of boys who will welcome anyone in like family, but I've ran my course with the group, and will be returning with a few friends over in the good old east stand.

I'm sure once a few of the boys speak, they'll clear everything up officially with a group statement.

Hibs

If the word privilege was used then that really is poor.

As you say the club were happy to use the displays as part of the marketing literature for a long time. As pointed out above this is exactly what fans reps should be for; acting as mediators and trying to find a way forward.

marinello59
17-03-2019, 04:27 PM
B Ross..... Did Frank and/or Tracey attend this meeting. Or lecture, whatever it was?

frazeHFC
17-03-2019, 04:29 PM
I've not been as involved in display creations as others, but seeing people take time off work, spend their Sunday's locked in the east stand to get a display ready, and the club to milk it for their advertising... for this to be taken off of us and called a privaledge is nothing short of embarrassing from Leeann Dempster and she's lost any support from me.

Through Sect43 and Since1875 there's been some cracking displays but she's killing everything the group worked for.

tamig
17-03-2019, 04:31 PM
If we want a proper atmosphere at games, then perhaps more of us than just one or two sections should just create it.

As much as I enjoy most of the singing from the group in the FF Upper, we shouldn't have to rely on a small but organized group that rarely turn up for the smaller cup games and take a moody now and then and refuse to sing (like first half yesterday).
Exactly. I find the concept of an organised singing section pretty sad - but ir seems to be a legacy of a downward spiral in the clubs fortunes since 2007 culminating in the disastrous end to the 13/14 season. The demolition and replacement of the old East took place right in the middle of that period. That for me was when the atmosphere changed. I hope we can see a return to the days where everyone anywhere just sings because they want to. With no need for a singing section. I won’t hold my breath though.

davhibby
17-03-2019, 04:34 PM
This looks to be another og by Leeann with regards to the fans. She's done a lot of good, but ever since getting rid of the loyalty points she's made poor decision after another when it comes to fans/tickets etc. It's almost like after the surge in support at games since the cup win she's decided that fan engagement doesn't matter cause we're all coming to games anyway

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 04:49 PM
This looks to be another og by Leeann with regards to the fans. She's done a lot of good, but ever since getting rid of the loyalty points she's made poor decision after another when it comes to fans/tickets etc. It's almost like after the surge in support at games since the cup win she's decided that fan engagement doesn't matter cause we're all coming to games anyway

She’ll still have her fans who can’t see any wrong she does and who moan when those who travel home and away get more ‘privileges’ (to use her word) than them, so will think she’s doing a grand job.

weecounty hibby
17-03-2019, 05:02 PM
She’ll still have her fans who can’t see any wrong she does and who moan when those who travel home and away get more ‘privileges’ (to use her word) than them, so will think she’s doing a grand job.
That's just not true. I have said continually on this thread and the last that she has made mistakes but this is awfy one sided at the moment. There has still not been any comment on the pyrotechnics set off at the rangers game or the drumstick thrown on the pitch at the rangers game. Both of these will get you banned from ER and rightly so. I think from previous threads etc that the club and the singing section have worked well together but now after what seems like a few warnings they haven't listened and folk have been banned. This is what happens when you get clubs within clubs. The green brigade were also banned from celtic park from memory after being warned about their behaviour and they didn't like that either. It would be a good one for the fans reps to try to act as go betweens to settle the issue amicably

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 05:05 PM
That's just not true. I have said continually on this thread and the last that she has made mistakes but this is awfy one sided at the moment. There has still not been any comment on the pyrotechnics set off at the rangers game or the drumstick thrown on the pitch at the rangers game. Both of these will get you banned from ER and rightly so. I think from previous threads etc that the club and the singing section have worked well together but now after what seems like a few warnings they haven't listened and folk have been banned. This is what happens when you get clubs within clubs. The green brigade were also banned from celtic park from memory after being warned about their behaviour and they didn't like that either. It would be a good one for the fans reps to try to act as go betweens to settle the issue amicably

It’s only one sided as the club won’t communicate regarding it. The pyro was outside and has been done many times on the way to games, and the drumstick I’ve seen mentioned so many times but I’ve yet to see it.

weecounty hibby
17-03-2019, 05:07 PM
It’s only one sided as the club won’t communicate regarding it. The pyro was outside and has been done many times on the way to games, and the drumstick I’ve seen mentioned so many times but I’ve yet to see it.
There was pyro inside as well in that area of the FF upper. The drumstick has been commented on by a number of posters.

May21/05/16
17-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Its quite easy stop throwing objects from the stands and stop taking pyrotechnics to games and you will be fine everyone should know that and Leanne is perfectly correct in banning them
How many times do fans complain when it happens at sevco fc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Its quite easy stop throwing objects from the stands and stop taking pyrotechnics to games and you will be fine everyone should know that and Leanne is perfectly correct in banning them
How many times do fans complain when it happens at sevco fc

I’m sure our club will be proactive in banning all ‘sevco fc’ fans from our stadium after last weeks sectarian singing.

HibbyAndy
17-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Exactly. I find the concept of an organised singing section pretty sad - but ir seems to be a legacy of a downward spiral in the clubs fortunes since 2007 culminating in the disastrous end to the 13/14 season. The demolition and replacement of the old East took place right in the middle of that period. That for me was when the atmosphere changed. I hope we can see a return to the days where everyone anywhere just sings because they want to. With no need for a singing section. I won’t hold my breath though.

:agree:

The old east terracing where pretty much everyone sang ..Miss those days ! Wee stand but my god the noise it generated underneath the gantry was unbelievable ! Loved a derby against Hearts , And when you scored against them scenes were unreal

Winston Ingram
17-03-2019, 05:35 PM

Her Majesty🤦🏻*♂️

BegbieHSC
17-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Was it not just streamers flying down from the FF Upper as part of a display against The Rangers?

Apologies if it causes offence, but I can’t really imagine feeling the need to complain about having a very light bit of paper floating above me.

Cant see why that merits a ban from displays.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Was it not just streamers flying down from the FF Upper as part of a display against The Rangers?

Apologies if it causes offence, but I can’t really imagine feeling the need to complain about having a very light bit of paper floating above me.

Cant see why that merits a ban from displays.

I don't think anyone really knows as neither hibs or the flag guys have given any reasons for it as yet.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 05:42 PM

But people don't sing, as the last decade has proven.

A lot of people are happy to sit in their seats, look at their phones, check the other scores, talk with their mates, just watch the game, you name it.

And that's fine. That's their choice.

But that is why active supports are so desperately needed. The old culture of people just standing and singing (which I think is heavily exaggerated and romanticised, by the way) is long gone.

HTD1875
17-03-2019, 05:43 PM
I don't think anyone really knows as neither hibs or the flag guys have given any reasons for it as yet.

There was no single reason given, the board are under pressure from the league/media over general fan behaviour so have had to take action.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 05:46 PM
There was no single reason given, the board are under pressure from the league/media over general fan behaviour so have had to take action.

You'll forgive me if I choose not to take anyone who posted the pish you did earlier about others views/Dempster/her majesty seriously.

HTD1875
17-03-2019, 05:47 PM
But people don't sing, as the last decade has proven.

A lot of people are happy to sit in their seats, look at their phones, check the other scores, talk with their mates, just watch the game, you name it.

And that's fine. That's their choice.

But that is why active supports are so desperately needed. The old culture of people just standing and singing (which I think is heavily exaggerated and romanticised, by the way) is long gone.

Agreed I’ve been shocked especially at away games this season, 95% of the hibs crowd happy just to sit down and watch the game without any interest in making an atmosphere. No problem with it as that’s their choice but do find it sad.

HTD1875
17-03-2019, 05:51 PM
You'll forgive me if I choose not to take anyone who posted the pish you did earlier about others views/Dempster/her majesty seriously.

Of course each to their own. You’ve obviously had better experiences with Leeann than I have.

May21/05/16
17-03-2019, 05:53 PM
I’m sure our club will be proactive in banning all ‘sevco fc’ fans from our stadium after last weeks sectarian singing.I wouldn't hold my breath in banning fans for singing sectarian songs I would have no problem if hibs did ban them in fact I'm sure most hibs fans would welcome it but in the same token you cant justify lobbing stuff on to the pitch and letting of pyrotechnics

Mikey
17-03-2019, 05:56 PM

What were the reasons given?

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Agreed I’ve been shocked especially at away games this season, 95% of the hibs crowd happy just to sit down and watch the game without any interest in making an atmosphere. No problem with it as that’s their choice but do find it sad.

St Johnstone away was a massive eye-opener for me. I bought me ticket for it very early so was in the back row. As results improved I got more and more excited, thinking we'd take a big crowd through. And we did, but almost nobody sung bar for the lads down at the front.

And, as far as I could tell, they were getting harassed by stewards and police for standing. No wonder nobody wants to sing when the authorities are trying to stop it wherever possible. :rolleyes:

Obviously once we scored the winner most of the crowd were singing (or at least clapping) along to the songs, but it really surprised me how little enthusiasm there was for singing before that.

It's a cold Wednesday night in Perth, I'd hate to sit there in silence and freeze. Glad I was back row so I could at least stand up, and occasionally join in with a Hibs song. Felt like even that got me some looks from people sitting nearby, though.

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath in banning fans for singing sectarian songs I would have no problem if hibs did ban them in fact I'm sure most hibs fans would welcome it but in the same token you cant justify lobbing stuff on to the pitch and letting of pyrotechnics

Nobody is justifying it, or I certainly ain’t. My point is it leaves a very sour taste banning more and more of our support while welcoming more and more of those two cheeks from the west and the bile they bring. Seems their sectarian penny is far more important to our club than our own ‘sometimes daft’ penny.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 06:02 PM
St Johnstone away was a massive eye-opener for me. I bought me ticket for it very early so was in the back row. As results improved I got more and more excited, thinking we'd take a big crowd through. And we did, but almost nobody sung bar for the lads down at the front.

And, as far as I could tell, they were getting harassed by stewards and police for standing. No wonder nobody wants to sing when the authorities are trying to stop it wherever possible. :rolleyes:

Obviously once we scored the winner most of the crowd were singing (or at least clapping) along to the songs, but it really surprised me how little enthusiasm there was for singing before that.

It's a cold Wednesday night in Perth, I'd hate to sit there in silence and freeze. Glad I was back row so I could at least stand up, and occasionally join in with a Hibs song. Felt like even that got me some looks from people sitting nearby, though.

Is this the narrative now? That the current flag wavers invented atmosphere and everyone else is a boring fart?

Really guys, you are just draining support from people who previously backed you.

HappyAsHellas
17-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Can I just make it clear that the moron who threw the drumstick from the FFU is not a regular that I recognise from that section. At every cat A game there are more people than seats which can only mean that people from the FF lower are coming upstairs. The group of young guys from where the drumstick was thrown were in row JJ where I'm a season ticket holder and they are not regulars and as far as I know are nothing to do with since 1875. This overcrowding during the cat A games is something the club has to deal with and promptly as this is the issue that causes the hassle in the FFU. Stupid little gits who turn up and want to be part of the noise and atmosphere but don't give a toss about what they do as someone else gets the blame. Since 1875 should perhaps highlight this problem to the club who seem overly keen to act on the daft wee gits behalf.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Of course each to their own. You’ve obviously had better experiences with Leeann than I have.

Never had the 'privilege' to speak to her before :greengrin

DaveF
17-03-2019, 06:12 PM

As a near 50 year old, Dundee away was an eye opener for me. Great singing from the whole stand after a shaky opening 15 minutes.

No weird looks from anyone as they were all singing.

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2019, 06:13 PM

Someone told me they decided to sit where they wanted (not in their allocated seats) and when they were asked to move they refused. Presumably that’s why the stewards were “harrassing“ them.

ronaldo7
17-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Can I just make it clear that the moron who threw the drumstick from the FFU is not a regular that I recognise from that section. At every cat A game there are more people than seats which can only mean that people from the FF lower are coming upstairs. The group of young guys from where the drumstick was thrown were in row JJ where I'm a season ticket holder and they are not regulars and as far as I know are nothing to do with since 1875. This overcrowding during the cat A games is something the club has to deal with and promptly as this is the issue that causes the hassle in the FFU. Stupid little gits who turn up and want to be part of the noise and atmosphere but don't give a toss about what they do as someone else gets the blame. Since 1875 should perhaps highlight this problem to the club who seem overly keen to act on the daft wee gits behalf.

They've been doing this since they were in Section 43, and had to move to the front of the stand, where they issued tickets to those who they knew wouldn't cause bother.

The radges have followed them, wherever they go.

SRHibs
17-03-2019, 06:15 PM

The old east terracing where pretty much everyone sang ..Miss those days ! Wee stand but my god the noise it generated underneath the gantry was unbelievable ! Loved a derby against Hearts , And when you scored against them scenes were unreal

The atmosphere in the new East, even on a good day, pales in comparison to the terracing. Our stadium is just far too open at the moment. I'm not suggesting we put seats in the corners, but surely there's something that can be done to fill them up to a decent height, to make the place feel a little bit more enclosed.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 06:15 PM
the drumstick I’ve seen mentioned so many times but I’ve yet to see it.

The guy below seems to have saw it.

HTD1875
17-03-2019, 06:17 PM
Is this the narrative now? That the current flag wavers invented atmosphere and everyone else is a boring fart?

Really guys, you are just draining support from people who previously backed you.

Didny mean it like that, as another poster has pointed out suppose it just depends on the circumstances as Dundee was bouncing.

Kojock
17-03-2019, 06:19 PM

They were getting “harassed” by stewards because folk who had tickets elsewhere gathered behind the goal and were standing three / four per seat and spilling out onto the stairway blocking people trying to use the walkway.

Mibbes Aye
17-03-2019, 06:20 PM

While there might not be strict liability, the media reports incidents in such a way that Hibs (maybe more so than other clubs, maybe not) gets linked. The last couple of weeks have done us no favours - undeniably we have had supporters who stepped over the line between passion and behaviour that leads to criminal charges or banning orders.

This just adds to a legacy that emerged from May 2016. I was very unhappy about the pitch invasion at the time and have probably mellowed over the last couple of years, but there is a narrative emerging and being set about our support. And it is one the media and commentariat will more than happily use to brand us and tarnish us.

And if the day comes when legislation or policy does catch up with what most sensible people think, and provides the means to tackle the filthy abuse and bile that can be witnessed from Rankgers fans every weekend, you can bet your house that the legislation and policy will be used to hammer us if we are seeing objects thrown, or pitch encroachment.

There might not be strict liability, but if you surveyed the public based on what has happened and what's been reported, then our support would likely be at the top of the list of irresponsible or criminal behaviour, regardless of what the OF do.

At some point there will be a crackdown and when it comes it shouldn't be us who are hit hardest, but it will be, because there is a story being set that puts us in the worst possible light.

May21/05/16
17-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Nobody is justifying it, or I certainly ain’t. My point is it leaves a very sour taste banning more and more of our support while welcoming more and more of those two cheeks from the west and the bile they bring. Seems their sectarian penny is far more important to our club than our own ‘sometimes daft’ penny.I agree with what you say its went on for years with them two spiteful clubs and it will continue until someone has the balls to punish them severely starting closing sections of the grounds from the SFA to the police and the rest of Scottish football clubs and the courts but sadly there is no one that has courage to do it and it wont change

But I cant justify anyone that misbehaves in our support

If it was me I would close sections of the ground where it happens for the next home game and if it happens then repeat and hopefully the good fans will sort out the bad ones I would not dock points as it hurts the players

frazeHFC
17-03-2019, 06:25 PM
As a near 50 year old, Dundee away was an eye opener for me. Great singing from the whole stand after a shaky opening 15 minutes.

No weird looks from anyone as they were all singing.

A Friday night away game when folk have begun their weekend bevvy is always going to be decent. Been to so many away games this season where the Hibs support has been shocking in terms of vocal support as opposed to a few years ago.

matty_f
17-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Someone told me they decided to sit where they wanted (not in their allocated seats) and when they were asked to move they refused. Presumably that’s why the stewards were “harrassing“ them.

There were definitely some guys moved along because they were in the wrong seats, the ironic thing (of course) was that the seats were left empty after the guys had been moved.

Although with pay at the gate I don't see how the steward would have known that before moving them.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2019, 06:27 PM

They were getting it tight from the stewards, but rightly so. They were crammed into one area and spilling out into the walkways - and whether anyone agrees with it or not, standing for the whole game is generally against ground rules for most places.

I was at the midweek away game towards the end of the season up there, and the same thing happened with them congregating down the front. They stood just in front of where our allocated seats were, and if my young daughter and 70 odd year old father hadn’t moved they’d have seen **** all of the game.

I get that they’ve been great for creating atmosphere over the last few years but let’s be honest, they didn’t invent going to the football with your pals and singing. And they need to have a bit more respect for other supporters who either don’t want to stand or don’t want to sing.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 06:31 PM

You must have read a different post to what I wrote, let's try again.

Where on earth did you infer from this post that I said either of the following?

- The current flag wavers invented atmosphere

- Everyone else is a boring fart

And, as I'm not part of Since 1875 and have only been in the Famous Five Upper once, "you are just draining support from people who previously backed you" is also inaccurate, as you're using my post to justify your own why people 'no longer back' the singing section.

Absolute nonsense reply from yourself.

Carheenlea
17-03-2019, 06:32 PM

I like and enjoy what the singing section/1875 guys bring to our games, particularly away, but I must admit to being a bit annoyed up at St Johnstone with one of the young lads who was shouting to the rest of the support to sing and calling them all boring *******s. What needs to be kept in mind is that most of the guys who are "boring" have been going home and away since long before the guys in their group were even born. When I was their age I was singing the songs and calling everyone else boring *******s as well - we`ve served our time so to speak, and our day out watching Hibs is going to be different and more sedate than the younger generation. Doesn't mean we dont enjoy it, and we join in when it feels right for us to do so.
The displays have been great, the songs and atmosphere at away games excellent - but should you participate or if you don`t, it doesn't make anyone a better fan than anyone else who is there every week. Hopefully common sense can prevail, and the group can continue and fans young and old can enjoy what it brings, and hopefully Leean can take on board the contribution the group has made to the club over the last few seasons. A couple of guys overstepping the mark shouldn't unravel all the good that has went before.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 06:33 PM
A Friday night away game when folk have begun their weekend bevvy is always going to be decent. Been to so many away games this season where the Hibs support has been shocking in terms of vocal support as opposed to a few years ago.

I've no idea how old you are but this isn't new news I'm afraid. Going back in my time (30+ years) of attending games, I stood and sat through plenty of flat games and a fair few where it was jumping.

You guys really should just focus on what it is you do well and spend less time on your ego's.

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 06:35 PM
I agree with what you say its went on for years with them two spiteful clubs and it will continue until someone has the balls to punish them severely starting closing sections of the grounds from the SFA to the police and the rest of Scottish football clubs and the courts but sadly there is no one that has courage to do it and it wont change

But I cant justify anyone that misbehaves in our support

If it was me I would close sections of the ground where it happens for the next home game and if it happens then repeat and hopefully the good fans will sort out the bad ones I would not dock points as it hurts the players

What I would say is one person throwing a bottle/running on a pitch/throwing a drumstick/lighting a flare should be dealt with as one person. It should be easy to pinpoint and ban one person.

Do you shut hospitality if one person gets blootered and doesn’t behave?

For me it’s about perspective, ban individuals and if it’s very large groups of disorder then that’s where you deal with it more radically.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 06:38 PM

They were getting “harassed” by stewards because folk who had tickets elsewhere gathered behind the goal and were standing three / four per seat and spilling out onto the stairway blocking people trying to use the walkway.

I find it amazing that there are fans whose first reaction is to justify the actions of stewards (often notoriously the ********s of Scottish football) rather than considering that their own supporters might have been in the right.

Standing in the back row of the same block behind the goals that the group were in, I could see clear as day that stewards were getting folk to show them their tickets, and backed off once they all did and realised that they were wrong. Also, the ones on the end of the row were stopping more people from trying to cram into the rows as sometimes happens.

Essentially though, we need to get a grip. The current ticket allocation of away ends is a lottery anyway in terms of logging onto the e-ticketing site and being given what you're got once you choose a block. Bring in unreserved seating, allow for fans to stand (particularly up the back of the stand) and just accept that it's what is going to happen.

Instead, you have jobsworth stewards trying to make people sit, all because the Taylor Report decided that all seater stadia was more important than rightly blaming South Yorkshire Police for the deaths of 96 football fans.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 06:39 PM
You must have read a different post to what I wrote, let's try again.

Where on earth did you infer from this post that I said either of the following?

- The current flag wavers invented atmosphere

- Everyone else is a boring fart

And, as I'm not part of Since 1875 and have only been in the Famous Five Upper once, "you are just draining support from people who previously backed you" is also inaccurate, as you're using my post to justify your own why people 'no longer back' the singing section.

Absolute nonsense reply from yourself.

Might be nonsense, might not be. I have been known to post loads of crap on here before :greengrin

You postings are generally 100% in favour of since 1875 group so it isn't an unrealistic to assume you were part of it - or at the very least supportive of their attempts at generating the atmosphere while everyone sat on heir hands hence my opinion.

If you are not, fine - I'll shuffle on.

May21/05/16
17-03-2019, 06:44 PM
What I would say is one person throwing a bottle/running on a pitch/throwing a drumstick/lighting a flare should be dealt with as one person. It should be easy to pinpoint and ban one person.

Do you shut hospitality if one person gets blootered and doesn’t behave?

For me it’s about perspective, ban individuals and if it’s very large groups of disorder then that’s where you deal with it more radically.Agree with that start with the individual that misbehaves and that's what happened with the hibs fans that were banned but if it keeps happening at the same section of the ground

Also signed the petition that 1875 guys organised to try and move somewhere else in the ground but after what's happened I don't think they will get there wish to which is a shame it was better when they were at section 43

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Might be nonsense, might not be. I have been known to post loads of crap on here before :greengrin

You postings are generally 100% in favour of since 1875 group so it isn't an unrealistic to assume you were part of it - or at the very least supportive of their attempts at generating the atmosphere while everyone sat on heir hands hence my opinion.

If you are not, fine - I'll shuffle on.

I wrote earlier in this thread my connection (or lack of) with Since 1875. I have been in their section for one game (Celtic at home in the Quarter Final) and helped set up one display (Rangers at home in May). I have also been on the marches to Tynecastle, if that counts.

I am supportive of their attempts to generate an atmosphere, my only regret is that more folk don't join in. The bouncing and the hands up clapping stuff isn't for me at all, but I still sing along generally when I'm in the same stand as them at an away game.

I worked down south in London for a couple of years and went along to a few games here and there, and whenever a club like Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Forest were visiting any of the London clubs, they would - to a person - be stood and singing. It's long since puzzled me that Scottish fans, who are generally quite good, don't do likewise. It must just be a culture thing, because only Celtic and Rangers (and occasionally Aberdeen) manage it. We've managed it once or twice too, mind. Killie away in the Scottish Cup quarter finals a few seasons back was brilliant.

You've brought up the stuff about folk sitting on their hands, I listed a bunch of other things that I see folk doing when I'm in the East watching a game at Easter Road. As I say, I don't judge/blame people for not singing if they don't want to, it's their choice. But it's something that I wouldn't be able to do myself, and it is definitely something which is to the detriment of the team.

Waxy
17-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Fill that empty corner in with a good safe standing area. The extra revenue will let it pay for itself and the atmosphere will be far better.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 06:50 PM
I wrote earlier in this thread my connection (or lack of) with Since 1875. I have been in their section for one game (Celtic at home in the Quarter Final) and helped set up one display (Rangers at home in May). I have also been on the marches to Tynecastle, if that counts.

I am supportive of their attempts to generate an atmosphere, my only regret is that more folk don't join in. The bouncing and the hands up clapping stuff isn't for me at all, but I still sing along generally when I'm in the same stand as them at an away game.

I worked down south in London for a couple of years and went along to a few games here and there, and whenever a club like Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Forest were visiting any of the London clubs, they would - to a person - be stood and singing. It's long since puzzled me that Scottish fans, who are generally quite good, don't do likewise. It must just be a culture thing, because only Celtic and Rangers (and occasionally Aberdeen) manage it. We've managed it once or twice too, mind. Killie away in the Scottish Cup quarter finals a few seasons back was brilliant.

You've brought up the stuff about folk sitting on their hands, I listed a bunch of other things that I see folk doing when I'm in the East watching a game at Easter Road. As I say, I don't judge/blame people for not singing if they don't want to, it's their choice. But it's something that I wouldn't be able to do myself, and it is definitely something which is to the detriment of the team.

Sadly :greengrin I can't \ won't disagree with any of that. Top post :aok:

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 06:52 PM
I get that they’ve been great for creating atmosphere over the last few years but let’s be honest, they didn’t invent going to the football with your pals and singing.

I must've missed the banner where they proclaimed this to be the case.

They haven't invented it, but they're the only ones nowadays who are carrying on said tradition.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 06:52 PM
Sadly :greengrin I can't \ won't disagree with any of that. Top post :aok:

Thanks. :greengrin

DetroitHibs
17-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Do the 1875 group create the banners like the one below. If so, they should be commended and praised by the club. The club should work with the group, rather than against it. Seems these guys put a lot of money and effort in to enhancing the atmosphere.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2019, 06:55 PM
I must've missed the banner where they proclaimed this to be the case.

They haven't invented it, but they're the only ones nowadays who are carrying on said tradition.

And?

That doesn’t mean they’re any better than any other person that goes to watch Hibs, doesn’t mean they should get any special treatment and certainly doesn’t absolve them from having to play by the same ground rules as everyone else inside the stadium.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 07:08 PM
And?

That doesn’t mean they’re any better than any other person that goes to watch Hibs, doesn’t mean they should get any special treatment and certainly doesn’t absolve them from having to play by the same ground rules as everyone else inside the stadium.

If you play by the ground rules, which is to say that nobody in the stadium is allowed to persistently stand, then away atmospheres are done for good. Luckily, most stewards are sensible enough to ignore this rule, and we are all better off for it.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2019, 07:10 PM
If you play by the ground rules, which is to say that nobody in the stadium is allowed to persistently stand, then away atmospheres are done for good. Luckily, most stewards are sensible enough to ignore this rule, and we are all better off for it.

In your opinion.

What about older people who can’t stand for 90 minutes or kids who are to small to see if everyone stands - should they just not bother going?

snedzuk
17-03-2019, 07:53 PM

By that token the Aberdeen forum should be called baadermeinhof.net

wookie70
17-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Hopefully we still have 100 smoke bombs on the way to Tynie in a few weeks, never been an issue til now and the police have never been bothered by it either until now.

You can’t pick and choose when to hand punishments out for the same issue.

Hopefully, you leave them at home and if you take them I hope you are caught before getting in and appropriate action taken in the form of a long ban.My daughter got hit with one from the Hearts end and there is no excuse taking them to football. Someone will get hurt at one point and my daughter was very lucky. The concrete it landed on was scorched and it missed her face by about 6 inches leaving its mark on her scarf just below her chin. Dempster should do everything she can to get rid of the bad element in our support, it is there and needs dealt with. If you are carrying a pyro on the way to the football you must know you are in danger of getting banned if caught so suck it up if you are. You would only have yourself to blame

HibeeHibernian4
In your opinion.

What about older people who can’t stand for 90 minutes or kids who are to small to see if everyone stands - should they just not bother going?

As I've already said in this thread, unreserved seating going forward. People who want to sit do so at the front and middle of the stand, the back for people who want to stand and sing. Seems like a fair compromise for everyone, and keeps the much feared younger supporters away from the players too!

Saturday Boy
By that token the Aberdeen forum should be called baadermeinhof.net

Meh....,,,

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Hopefully, you leave them at home and if you take them I hope you are caught before getting in and appropriate action taken in the form of a long ban.My daughter got hit with one from the Hearts end and there is no excuse taking them to football. Someone will get hurt at one point and my daughter was very lucky. The concrete it landed on was scorched and it missed her face by about 6 inches leaving its mark on her scarf just below her chin. Dempster should do everything she can to get rid of the bad element in our support, it is there and needs dealt with. If you are carrying a pyro on the way to the football you must know you are in danger of getting banned if caught so suck it up if you are. You would only have yourself to blame

Again, there is a huge difference between taking them into grounds and throwing them and using them as part of an organised walk to the match, as has been done over and over again without any issue from police until now.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 08:05 PM

Do you not see how, in a way, the current draconian measures on pyrotechnics in football is exactly what led to that smoke bomb/flare (sorry, you haven't said which so I'll leave it open) being thrown rather than kept in somebody's hand?

People throw them precisely because if they hold them, they are likely to be arrested and banned. Throwing them allows them to avoid detection. And pyro only becomes dangerous once it is thrown, because then it becomes a missile just like anything else.

In Scandinavia and America, where it is legalised and left to people who know what they're doing, they are held aloft and everyone is safer for it. Yes, in an ideal world, nobody would see the point in them and they'd all be left at home. But since it's going to happen and people will continue sneaking them in and throwing them (onto the pitch, into the stand etc), then you'd be better off legalising and making sure they were handled properly and safely instead.

Sorry, would just like to add that I do feel a lot for you and your daughter. Didn't mean the post to come across as dismissive of her experience in any way.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 08:28 PM
It really doesn't matter that they're legal in America.

It wouldn't matter if they were given away free with matchday programmes in Sweden, they're banned in Scotland.

If people continue to knowingly break the law, they're risking arrest and a stadium ban.

There's not much to complain about if and when that happens.

wookie70
17-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Do you not see how, in a way, the current draconian measures on pyrotechnics in football is exactly what led to that smoke bomb/flare (sorry, you haven't said which so I'll leave it open) being thrown rather than kept in somebody's hand?

People throw them precisely because if they hold them, they are likely to be arrested and banned. Throwing them allows them to avoid detection. And pyro only becomes dangerous once it is thrown, because then it becomes a missile just like anything else.

In Scandinavia and America, where it is legalised and left to people who know what they're doing, they are held aloft and everyone is safer for it. Yes, in an ideal world, nobody would see the point in them and they'd all be left at home. But since it's going to happen and people will continue sneaking them in and throwing them (onto the pitch, into the stand etc), then you'd be better off legalising and making sure they were handled properly and safely instead.

Sorry, would just like to add that I do feel a lot for you and your daughter. Didn't mean the post to come across as dismissive of her experience in any way.

I don't see being banned for having them in or around the ground as draconian and I don't really get your point. There are good reasons for them not being in grounds. I can't know who I will sit next to away from home and as I'm asthmatic the last thing I need is fumes and smoke right next to me. They are a fairly new thing and the sooner they go out of fashion the better. Just stop taking them sing and shout and create the atmosphere. we can all appreciate that.

Alex Trager
17-03-2019, 08:47 PM

The teams been poor which reflects into the stands imo

tamig
17-03-2019, 09:17 PM
I don't see being banned for having them in or around the ground as draconian and I don't really get your point. There are good reasons for them not being in grounds. I can't know who I will sit next to away from home and as I'm asthmatic the last thing I need is fumes and smoke right next to me. They are a fairly new thing and the sooner they go out of fashion the better. Just stop taking them sing and shout and create the atmosphere. we can all appreciate that.
Exactly. A bit naive suggesting that approved pyro handlers will make it all ok. Also opens the door for wee nyaffs sneaking them in. Unless the approved handlers need to show their approved pyro permits at the turnstiles. Maybe we should just go the whole hog and get the SFA to hold pyro courses at Largs.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Exactly. A bit naive suggesting that approved pyro handlers will make it all ok. Also opens the door for wee nyaffs sneaking them in. Unless the approved handlers need to show their approved pyro permits at the turnstiles. Maybe we should just go the whole hog and get the SFA to hold pyro courses at Largs.

Newsflash, they already sneak them in.

hibbyfraelibby
17-03-2019, 11:29 PM
I agree with the first part however, when was the last time you saw a flare coming from the FFU???

1. There was pyro/white smoke in the FFU duri g game v The The Rangers. Was it just low cloud?
2. By all accounts the drumstick got launched during same game. Perhaps the drummer may care to comment on how it slipped from his/her hand due to sweaty palms?

So can I ask has Since 1875 rendered up the culprits or are they "protecting" them. I smell a heavy whiff of ****** coming from some prominent egotists diguised as righteous indignation.

If you dont self police we all get indiscriminately policed.

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 11:49 PM

Did LD not ban two females for displaying a " Petrie Out " banner when she first took over.

Forever_Green93
17-03-2019, 11:50 PM
1. There was pyro/white smoke in the FFU duri g game v The The Rangers. Was it just low cloud?
2. By all accounts the drumstick got launched during same game. Perhaps the drummer may care to comment on how it slipped from his/her hand due to sweaty palms?

So can I ask has Since 1875 rendered up the culprits or are they "protecting" them. I smell a heavy whiff of ****** coming from some prominent egotists diguised as righteous indignation.

1. There was someone who did let off a flare, no idea who set it off tho since it was further up the section. The person who set it off put it on the ground within a few seconds of setting it off and then someone else picked it up and placed it on the stairs next to the section and that was the end of that.

2. The drummer never threw the drumstick. When i seen the drumstick hit the grass, i looked towards the drummer and he still had 2 drumsticks (1 in each hand). Those of us near the drummer were looking around bemused as to where the drumstick came from.

overdrive
17-03-2019, 11:52 PM

I sit in front of the singing section and have been sceptical about them in the past but they are definitely getting an unfair reputation over all of this. The ones causing the trouble don’t seem to be regulars. The main guys seem decent guys. They looked absolutely horrified at the idiot who climbed onto the wall at the front of the FF Upper at our goal vs The Rangers. I can’t be certain, but the drumstick seemed to come from a different area to where the drum usually is (and for that matter it seems the drummer was in police custody when all of this happened). The pyro that went off also seemed to be from further back than where the core singing section guys are based.

H18 SFR
17-03-2019, 11:53 PM
1. There was someone who did let off a flare, no idea who set it off tho since it was further up the section. The person who set it off put it on the ground within a few seconds of setting it off and then someone else picked it up and placed it on the stairs next to the section and that was the end of that.

2. The drummer never threw the drumstick. When i seen the drumstick hit the grass, i looked towards the drummer and he still had 2 drumsticks (1 in each hand). Those of us near the drummer were looking around bemused as to where the drumstick came from.

Have to say I sit in the section below the singing section and the drumstick seemed to come from a more central position rather than the singing section. It also wasn't a full drumstick, the shaft was broken 2/3's of the way down.

H18 SFR
17-03-2019, 11:54 PM
I sit in front of the singing section and have been sceptical about them in the past but they are definitely getting an unfair reputation over all of this. The ones causing the trouble don’t seem to be regulars. The main guys seem decent guys. They looked absolutely horrified at the idiot who climbed onto the wall at the front of the FF Upper at our goal vs The Rangers. I can’t be certain, but the drumstick seemed to come from a different area to where the drum usually is (and for that matter it seems the drummer was in police custody when all of this happened). The pyro that went off also seemed to be from further back than where the core singing section guys are based.

Reiterating exactly what I just said.

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Have to say I sit in the section below the singing section and the drumstick seemed to come from a more central position rather than the singing section. It also wasn't a full drumstick, the shaft was broken 2/3's of the way down.

Probably just needed chucked then.

Johnny Clash
18-03-2019, 12:57 AM
Sounds like an over reaction if there’s some sort of clampdown being carried out on Since 1875. Two random people did stupid things recently that made headlines but sadly every team has bammers within their support . One thing we know is neither were in the singing section. So Instead of this knee jerk reaction our club should be looking at ways to support the efforts of Since 1875. They are an asset to our club, Also, I wouldn’t mind knowing what our supporters reps position is in all this. The board is made up of 9 people so if this is a board decision then what say our reps?

kaimendhibs
18-03-2019, 12:59 AM
I know I'm gonna get slated but I feel the singing section is more a hindrance than a help for atmosphere.
I sit in ff upper and there is no opportunity to start at a song as there is so much coming from ss.
Lots the fans all don't know.
Just my opinion

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2019, 01:20 AM
I'm a bit lost with this in all honesty, but here's my take on things from what I've seen on this and the other thread.

First of all lets set aside the guy who threw the bottle at the Celtic game and the guy who confronted Tavernier at the Sevco game, neither one had anything to do with organised supporters groups as far as I can see.

Apparently a supporter may or may not have been banned from Easter Road for letting a flare off in the streets surrounding the stadium. From what I've seen for myself and on You Tube, flares and smoke bombs have been a common occurrence on Since 1875 marches to ER and Tynecastle for a good few years now.
OK I understand that after ignoring such things for ages the police may have decided to act, however their inactivity up until now regarding these activities would suggest to any reasonable person that a blind eye was deliberately being turned. For them to now turn around and start arresting folk for it is their prerogative I suppose, but in my opinion for Hibs to then ban the supporter involved is in my opinion an over reaction on their part, if indeed that is what they have done.

There was accusations of objects being thrown down onto folk in the FF lower from the upper, which from all accounts has turned out to be paper streamers which formed part of a pre match display …. are folk seriously saying that is part of a problem with misbehaviour from the Since 1875 folk and something to reproach them for …. surely not.

Nobody is saying the Since 1875 guys are squeaky clean …. but it seems to me that they are being made to pay to an extent for the two incidents against the bigot brothers and a subsequent change of approach to pyrotechnics outside of the stadium by police Glasgow. A poster on here has given evidence that a bunch of kids not connected to Since 1875 were responsible for the drumstick incident, surely in their 'meeting?' with the club they were allowed to explain that.

Now the club have withdrawn the facility of the east stand the group use to make their banners and have apparently told them they cant have access to the FF before matches to set up their card displays. In my opinion that is a massive and unfair over reaction caused by events that Since 1975 were not for the most part responsible for, including a change of, if not policy then at least attitude, from the police to something they have been doing for years.

All this highlights a couple of concerns for me.

Exactly what are the 'fans reps' for?, it seems to me that their involvement here has been at best minimal and certainly not from the point of view of them being a conduit between the fans and the board where they can support and represent the fans point of view at board level. If Leeann Dempster is going to address issues between the club and a fans group by dictate, which is what has happened if the Since 1875 guys are to be believed, then the role of fans rep has been rendered utterly redundant.

And for me the biggest issue. Hibs could at a stroke bring this whole situation under control if they were to drop their ( in my opinion ) pig headed and frustratingly stubborn approach to having a family section in the FF lower … where the F were all these season ticket holders in this allegedly sold out section of the stadium this Saturday? …… every F'ing Saturday?
If that section was designated a wholly standing section with tickets sold not by seat but just for the FF lower any seat then that would allow them to enforce no standing in any part of the stadium apart from there and to ensure correct and proper searches by police and stewards of anybody entering that area of the stadium.

In my opinion in a half assed attempt to be seen to be cleaning up their act vis a vis fan behaviour on the back of only two incidents of real note at this stadium in a period of 4 years, neither of which were anything to do with Since 1875, and worse on the back of a number of incidents over the same 7 day period that had nothing to do with Hibs or Scottish football, then Hibs are seriously chucking out the baby with the bloody bathwater.

I am a huge fan of Leeann Dempster as my posting history will attest to …. but IMO she is getting this horribly wrong and it gives me no pleasure whatsoever to say so.

DaveF
18-03-2019, 06:42 AM
I am a huge fan of Leeann Dempster as my posting history will attest to …. but IMO she is getting this horribly wrong and it gives me no pleasure whatsoever to say so.

It does look like sledgehammer / nut territory but I still don't think anyone from since 1875 has clearly answered the questions regarding reasons given by the club for the ban?

I've seen one guy say 'no single reason' which implies there were multiple.

Maybe there is a statevent coming :-)

green day
18-03-2019, 06:52 AM
Bouncer Ross or one of the other Since 1875 guys need to speak to TraceyHibs via PM on here on twitter to work this out.

Thats part of the fans rep role.

I contacted her about something after the Celtc match and it was resolved in a couple of days, we spoke and she explained what happened.

Without the facts...........and some detail from Tracey...........everyone is just speculating.

Chuck Rhoades
18-03-2019, 07:04 AM
It does look like sledgehammer / nut territory but I still don't think anyone from since 1875 has clearly answered the questions regarding reasons given by the club for the ban?

I've seen one guy say 'no single reason' which implies there were multiple.

Maybe there is a statevent coming :-)

Have a day off Dave FFS. The question has been clearly answered.

DaveF
18-03-2019, 07:09 AM
Have a day off Dave FFS. The question has been clearly answered.

I took the night off.

And I've clearly missed it so one more post from you on the reasons given and it's job done.

Ta.

Brizo
18-03-2019, 07:14 AM
Since 1875 are the first organised group of (mainly) young fans in my 50 years of watching Hibs where causing bother isn't part of the agenda. Their motivation is to create an atmosphere and back the team. If some characters stand in their proximity and misbehave, id imagine that's pretty much impossible for Since 1875 to self-police.

Dempster and co should be pleased that we have a group of young lads for whom bother isn't part of the agenda and who want to back the team. They should be being encouraged, not discouraged. If their access to make and prepare displays has been withdrawn to me that's a knee jerk reaction from the Board. Since 1875 are an easy target for the Board to focus on and for them to be seen to do something, when its individual bams who are the problem. Of course, to effectively deter individual bams would involve spending money on effective cctv and an increased police presence trackside and in the stands.

Allant1981
18-03-2019, 07:42 AM
I took the night off.

And I've clearly missed it so one more post from you on the reasons given and it's job done.

Ta.

I must have missed it as well

Hibbyradge
18-03-2019, 07:51 AM
What were the reasons given for the change in relationship between the club and the singing section?

:dunno:

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 08:11 AM
What happened on Saturday?

Were the singing section banned?

I noticed that they all seemed to reappear for the second half?

The Harp Awakes
18-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Bouncer Ross or one of the other Since 1875 guys need to speak to TraceyHibs via PM on here on twitter to work this out.

Thats part of the fans rep role.

I contacted her about something after the Celtc match and it was resolved in a couple of days, we spoke and she explained what happened.

Without the facts...........and some detail from Tracey...........everyone is just speculating.

Agreed. This needs sorted out now before it grows into a mega fans v Board fall out. Hibs need to explain what they have done here and why. From the scant facts reported, the Club seem to have overeacted. Needs sorted out via the supporters representatives on the Board.

Mikey
18-03-2019, 08:33 AM
What was the reason given to you at the meeting?

What were the reasons given?

Anyone able to answer this?

J-C
18-03-2019, 08:40 AM
I just wonder if all the personal abuse Leeann has got recently has hardened her stance a wee bit. Posters calling her Majesty and even more nastier stuff on other medias won't go down well. The singing section should be back in the east.

Waxy
18-03-2019, 08:43 AM
The 1875 guys should show us all by getting full numbers together and singing full pelt right through the livi match.

CB_NO3
18-03-2019, 08:51 AM
Easter Road is already a library as it is. Going to be even worse now. Dempster is sounding more like Budge everyday.

we are hibs
18-03-2019, 08:55 AM
I just wonder if all the personal abuse Leeann has got recently has hardened her stance a wee bit. Posters calling her Majesty and even more nastier stuff on other medias won't go down well. The singing section should be back in the east.

Hardly a revelation to her though is it? She's been here 5 years she has had her fair share of abuse, criticism and praise. She shouldn't be allowing personal feelings to cloud her judgement of what's best for the club.

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Anyone able to answer this?

I think BR has already stated that no reason was given.

I read “no single reason given” as in none, not one, not multiple. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how it read to me

Antifa Hibs
18-03-2019, 08:59 AM
Regarding the St Johnstone game we need more organisation for away games. It's absolutely mental that in a stadium that had 7000 empty seats there are arguments with fans and stewards over sitting and standing?

Why can't Hibs get an allocation for a stand like McDermaid and say out of the 6 blocks, blocks 1-2 or 1-3 is the singing section? Can stand in there, there might be flags and a drum. If nots not your scene fair enough go to the remain sections? I went to a Hamburg away game with a German lad i worked with. A few days before the game I got an email from their SLO stating rules, whats allowed etc. 2 drums are allowed and are already allocated, 3 megaphones are allowed and are already allocated, 10 large flags are allowed but only in sector X & Y, banners are allowed so long as they don't cover advertising, standing is block X, Y, Z, sitting is blocks D, E, F in upper areas - bit common sense, keeps everyone right. (HSV also lit of about 20 flares from the warm-up to the end of the match and shock horror no deaths due to 3rd degree burns or smoke inhalation. Stewards and polis didn't bother their ***** also).

Antifa Hibs
18-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Regarding not being allowed to use the FF and East concourses for their displays that sounds petty as hell from the club. Not surprising though, Green Brigade, Union Bears even the guys at Crystal Palace have had similar treatment. Hopefully Since1875 and the club can get it sorted asap.

J-C
18-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Hardly a revelation to her though is it? She's been here 5 years she has had her fair share of abuse, criticism and praise. She shouldn't be allowing personal feelings to cloud her judgement of what's best for the club.

I'm sure she'll take criticism ok but there's never any need for personal abuse, that's how Lennon lost his job.

Mikey
18-03-2019, 09:28 AM
I think BR has already stated that no reason was given.

I read “no single reason given” as in none, not one, not multiple. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how it read to me

So they went to see her and were told that they couldn't do any more displays and that's it? No reason(s) given and they didn't ask why?

BoomtownHibees
18-03-2019, 09:35 AM
So they went to see her and were told that they couldn't do any more displays and that's it? No reason(s) given and they didn't ask why?

Just going by what’s already been posted by a couple of posters that would know

calumhibee1
18-03-2019, 09:39 AM

I’d find that very hard to believe. :agree:

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 09:40 AM

Pity the story keeps changing. According to you the drummer was in Police custody at the time (and why was that?) Yet in the next post others claim he looked on in disbelief. So what was it. If people can't get their stories straight it reeks of cover up.

You admit the flare came from the singing section, just not the "core" bit, like the drum stick ( who goes to a game with a broken drumstick and no drum?).

People do not just associate the singing section with just the so called "core group" egotists but with the whole section they convinced the club to ditch the existing ST holders from so the could have the whole section.

Besties Debut
18-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Our support are hardly blameless at times, but Dempster does seem to like the sledgehammer approach with OUR fans, yet is very silent when its the usual behaviour OUR fans receive both home and away at Ibrox Parkhead and tynecastle.

Maybe if she was seen to be supporting OUR fans at certain times, they would not be taking things into their own hands and behaving badly as they have done recently?

You can call this whataboutery if you like, but when you see our response to what happens in that away end whenever those lot appear at Easter Road, then is it any surprise folk behave similarly? She will never criticize Celtic, Rangers or the governing bodies. She doesn't want to burn any bridges for her next big move.

Sean1875
18-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Pity the story keeps changing. According to you the drummer was in Police custody at the time (and why was that?) Yet in the next post others claim he looked on in disbelief. So what was it. If people can't get their stories straight it reeks of cover up.

You admit the flare came from the singing section, just not the "core" bit, like the drum stick ( who goes to a game with a broken drumstick and no drum?).

People do not just associate the singing section with just the so called "core group" egotists but with the whole section they convinced the club to ditch the existing ST holders from so the could have the whole section.

You are aware more than one person can bang a drum and you don't need a special license? :faf: Clearly the main guy was in custody before it so someone else took control of the drumming. 'Cover up' ffs.

Allant1981
18-03-2019, 10:16 AM
She will never criticize Celtic, Rangers or the governing bodies. She doesn't want to burn any bridges for her next big move.

You dont half spout some guff

JimBHibees
18-03-2019, 10:17 AM
You are aware more than one person can bang a drum and you don't need a special license? :faf: Clearly the main guy was in custody before it so someone else took control of the drumming. 'Cover up' ffs.

Do you think someone would go to a game with a drumstick and no drum? :greengrin

Besties Debut
18-03-2019, 10:20 AM
You dont half spout some guff I think you spout a lot of guff as well.......opinions eh

J-C
18-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Do you think someone would go to a game with a drumstick and no drum? :greengrin

And a broken drumstick at that 😂

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 10:26 AM

Keep digging Sean.

1. You confirmed the "main man" was in custody. The drummer is one of the "core group" no? Therefore it follows that an incident or allegation of one must have happened involving Since 1875 requiring an intervention by the police/club

2. You response implies there is more than one drummer and that one of them might have brought in his own drum sticks. Again the implication is that a drummer and by default a member of the "core group" may have launched his broken drumstick from the top deck caring little for the consequence to say a child or OAP in the FFL family section. Irresponsible in the extreme.

3.I thought you required permission from the club to bring the drum in? That's a "special licence" no? As a consequence of his/her actions the trust put in you by the club was breached.

Instead of having a go at the club put your own house in order or someone else will be forced to.

overdrive
18-03-2019, 10:27 AM

Not according to me at all. I’m just going by what was said in previous posts. There may well have been a substitute drummer there, I can’t remember. There was a substitute drummer there at the Motherwell match. All I do know is that the stick seemed to come from further back than row CC where the drum usually is.

The point is, though, that people seem to be implying that the stick being thrown is reason enough for the guy to be banned. Yet if he had been arrested for using pyro outside the stadium, it couldn’t have been him who threw the stick, irrespective of where it came from.

Also, the section isn’t all STs as far as I’m aware and I think you can buy tickets on an individual basis. How are the “egotists” as you call them meant to be to blame for nutters that buy a ticket for that section.

As I’ve said, I’ve been sceptical and called the singing section out in the past, mainly around some of the Wallace Mercer songs and lack of attendance at smaller cup games. And you don’t need to tell me about clearing the whole section, the club tried their best to get us out (we refused). I know from that experience that LD can be stubborn.

Allant1981
18-03-2019, 10:37 AM
I think you spout a lot of guff as well.......opinions eh

I usually do yip

DaveF
18-03-2019, 10:37 AM
The point is, though, that people seem to be implying that the stick being thrown is reason enough for the guy to be banned.

No one has been banned. Ross did make that clear in one his earlier posts.

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 10:44 AM
Not according to me at all. I’m just going by what was said in previous posts. There may well have been a substitute drummer there, I can’t remember. There was a substitute drummer there at the Motherwell match. All I do know is that the stick seemed to come from further back than row CC where the drum usually is.

The point is, though, that people seem to be implying that the stick being thrown is reason enough for the guy to be banned. Yet if he had been arrested for using pyro outside the stadium, it couldn’t have been him who threw the stick, irrespective of where it came from.

So lets get this straight.

1.The regular core drummer( and I think we can assume he posts on here with a musically related nom de plume) was allegedly lifted before the game for a criminal offence involving pyro. It therefore follows that he is a member of the "core group" on Since 1875 not some random wee f@nny tagging along to cause trouble.

2. If the drummer had been lifted it follows he would not have been released by the police so he could attend the game so a different drummer or drummers from the "core group" took up his role or do Since 1875 just allow anyone with a drum stick to turn up and bash their drum.

3. Which ever way you look at it irresponsible behaviour associated with the "core group", the wider "official" Since 1875 group and their camp followers took place on (edit) weekend and they failed abysmally to self police.

Too many egos and not enough brain cells.

SChibs
18-03-2019, 10:48 AM

1.The regular core drummer( and I think we can assume he posts on here with a musically related nom de plume) was allegedly lifted before the game for a criminal offence involving pyro. It therefore follows that he is a member of the "core group" on Since 1875 not some random wee f@nny tagging along to cause trouble.

2. If the drummer had been lifted it follows he would not have been released by the police so he could attend the game so a different drummer or drummers from the "core group" took up his role or do Since 1875 just allow anyone with a drum stick to turn up and bash their drum.

3. Which ever way you look at it irresponsible behaviour associated with the "core group", the wider "official" Since 1875 group and their camp followers took place on Saturday and they failed abysmally to self police.

What's your gripe with the section?

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 10:53 AM
What's your gripe with the section?

See point 3.

SChibs
18-03-2019, 10:59 AM
See point 3.

Im not aware of any incidents on Saturday. Have I missed something?

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 11:00 AM
Im not aware of any incidents on Saturday. Have I missed something?

Apologies... previous weekend see edit

SChibs
18-03-2019, 11:18 AM
Apologies... previous weekend see edit

How can the core group self police someone throwing a drumstick from behind them if they are standing facing the pitch?

Jones28
18-03-2019, 11:20 AM
She will never criticize Celtic, Rangers or the governing bodies. She doesn't want to burn any bridges for her next big move.

Away and *****.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2019, 11:24 AM

This nonsense isn't helpful and its symptomatic of the wider abuse Dempster has been getting on social media. As CEO of the club and its main spokesperson she is open to criticism and that's fair enough, I have done that myself on this thread. But this rubbish accusing her of failing to do what's in the best interests of this club and its supporters because of having an eye on an SFA / SPFL job or that she is looking for a new post at Ibrox is just mischief making, as is any suggestion that her previous status as an Ibrox ST holder means she will never criticise Sevco and worse is sympathetic to the sectarian bile of their fans.

If folk want to criticise her over the current situation with Since 1875 that's fine, until I see far better evidence to support the decision to take such draconian action against them I will join in with that criticism. I will also continue with my opinion that her intransigence over a change of use of the FF lower to a singing / standing section is failing to act in the best long term interests of the club.

But the evidence is undeniable that she has done far more good for Hibs than bad and as a result she deserves to be respected, even from the folk who don't agree with certain actions she has taken.

Hibs3-2
18-03-2019, 11:46 AM

3. Which ever way you look at it irresponsible behaviour associated with the "core group", the wider "official" Since 1875 group and their camp followers took place on (edit) weekend and they failed abysmally to self police.

1. Categorically not true
2. Categorically not true
3. See above points.

HFC93
18-03-2019, 11:56 AM

That’s blatantly not true.

The 90+2
18-03-2019, 11:58 AM
This nonsense isn't helpful and its symptomatic of the wider abuse Dempster has been getting on social media. As CEO of the club and its main spokesperson she is open to criticism and that's fair enough, I have done that myself on this thread. But this rubbish accusing her of failing to do what's in the best interests of this club and its supporters because of having an eye on an SFA / SPFL job or that she is looking for a new post at Ibrox is just mischief making, as is any suggestion that her previous status as an Ibrox ST holder means she will never criticise Sevco and worse is sympathetic to the sectarian bile of their fans.

If folk want to criticise her over the current situation with Since 1875 that's fine, until I see far better evidence to support the decision to take such draconian action against them I will join in with that criticism. I will also continue with my opinion that her intransigence over a change of use of the FF lower to a singing / standing section is failing to act in the best long term interests of the club.

But the evidence is undeniable that she has done far more good for Hibs than bad and as a result she deserves to be respected, even from the folk who don't agree with certain actions she has taken.

Has she so far? Did she condemn the abuse Lennon/Stubbs got at Ibrox routinely and the way our own support are treated there? I think she may have had our corner in the Scott Allan saga but I can't recall much else? :confused:

Sean1875
18-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Keep digging Sean.

1. You confirmed the "main man" was in custody. The drummer is one of the "core group" no? Therefore it follows that an incident or allegation of one must have happened involving Since 1875 requiring an intervention by the police/club

2. You response implies there is more than one drummer and that one of them might have brought in his own drum sticks. Again the implication is that a drummer and by default a member of the "core group" may have launched his broken drumstick from the top deck caring little for the consequence to say a child or OAP in the FFL family section. Irresponsible in the extreme.

3.I thought you required permission from the club to bring the drum in? That's a "special licence" no? As a consequence of his/her actions the trust put in you by the club was breached.

Instead of having a go at the club put your own house in order or someone else will be forced to.

Keep digging? That was my first post on the matter. You don't think its feasible that if/when the fella was lifted that the drumsticks were passed on to someone else? Im not suggesting every member of Since1875 comes armed with drumsticks just incase they get their chance to bang the drum. From the vast majority of the witness accounts the drumstick (has it actually been confirmed it was 100% a drumstick?) was thrown from someone not affiliated with the group themselves and was further back in the stand - are you wanting Since1875 to not watch the game and have one of their members prowl the rows at the back for those who aren't 'official members' and keep an eye on them? That's the stewards job, not the fans.

Im still to see a valid reason why any of the actions which have occurred in the last couple weeks merit taking away the ability of the group to make displays which add to the atmosphere and environment for everyone at ER - what does LD really think will be achieved by that? It just takes away something from the ground and big match day experience.

And as for 'having a go at the club' im really not - im sticking up for my fellow supporters, a group which have brought a lot to the club, a group which you seem to have some weird gripe with.

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Agree with all of that but this entire board has been rife for years with people saying that Petrie has his eye on the top job.

So much so that it’s turned into a de facto fact!

Guess they can fight it out between them!!

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 12:11 PM
Anyone else think that the Boards stance on this matter might be influenced by the “Hun ****” banner at a recent The Rangers home fixture?

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2019, 12:15 PM
Anyone else think that the Boards stance on this matter might be influenced by the “Hun ****” banner at a recent The Rangers home fixture?

No

Carheenlea
18-03-2019, 12:20 PM
The wait till Livingstone away on the 29th is going to feel a long two weeks :panic:

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 12:24 PM
No

That leaves us with the random attack on Tav

The random Buckie bottle thrower that just missed Sinclair

The drum stick thrower from the FF upper

The guy who let off a flare outside the Stadium

Whatever happened to the guy that allegedly punched the Hearts goalie at Tiny?

I can see a pattern starting to develop of Hibernian fan misbehaviour :confused:

Stantons Angel
18-03-2019, 12:35 PM
I am a Hibs supporter and i buy my tickets to every game because i want to support my team home and away and have done so for many many years.

The last few years have seen a rise in incidents within the support concerning smoke bombs, running on to the pitch, and fighting amongst ourselves too.

The emergence of a young supporters group to sing songs and create atmosphere was welcomed by the club and us supporters as it was good to be part of a full stadium and sing all game.

IMPO and i say this is my opinion, the club have bent over backwards to accomodate this section, never in my lifetime as a Hibs supporter have the club given such license to any other group.

Things were fine and dandy and everyone sang their praises, then IMO things began to change and i think they thought they could do what ever they wanted inside our stadium or at away grounds. Now as someone who has lived through the notoris "casual" days i hate to think that these lads think they can emulate them!

This group took in on themselves to push the club to action earlier this season in trying to take over the famous five lower despite knowing that the area is a designated family area and has been for many years now. Granted the ticket office should have spotted this happening and brought it to the notice of the club before it did. Dempster intervened and said NO gave them their money back and they were told to accept access to seats elsewhere.

They have had access to the stadium to make up wonderful displays for match day, supporters have donated cash to help them do this, again this was unprecedented.
Yet all i can see from this noticeboard is complaints when they are told NO by the club on anything they think they have a blanket right to do?

I didnt see the original post that was taken down but from the many many pages of continual bickering the original poster who felt he had to take his post down did the right thing!

I have watched at away games the attitude of some of these "supporters" and it is no wonder they are finally being reighned in by the club.

I saw the so called marchers being led along Albion Road by an older supporter giving them instructions to group together, from what i could see there was around 20 of them and they were straggling along the road all over the place.

then i dont know how many times supporters have been told about bringing smoke bombs to games. These are dangerous and people have been hurt in one way or the other by their use.

I cant understand why that lad ran on to the park last week, i just cant believe he didnt know the consequences of doing so. I often wonder if anybody reads the small print on their ticket or listens to the loundspeaker announcements made. Its just crazy and yes the club WILL be punished. Strict Liability is being banded about on this thread, do they know the full meaning behind that phrase and the concequenses to the club

every club not just Hibs has their own band of supporters trying to push bounderies and be more important than the rest. Do they not understand that the club has a duty of care to provide a safe and comfortable stadium for us to enjoy our football? They wont always get it right but when people act like this at a sporting event it endagers the welll being of the other spectators.

Throwing coins is also a NO NO we have had reports of people getting hurt like this too, look at our previous manager who was hit on the face!

Dempster had to take control and come down hard regarding these actions she is doing her job! YES she is in charge and can and will do what she can to stop this idiotic behaviour getting worse.

This wee group of youngsters started out so positively and ended up pushing the bounderies with the club. They were welcomed by the support but if they dont have a good think about what is happening they will lose all credibility with the rest of the support who will get fed up of the constant feuds with the club.

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 12:40 PM
1. Categorically not true
2. Categorically not true
3. See above points.

So whose version of events is categorically true then? So far you Sean1875 and Overdrive have recounted or alluded to different versions of the actuality.

So

1. The regular drummer was in situ for the whole The Ranger game. Yes or No?

2. The regular or "substitute drummer was detained pre-match. Yes or No?

3.The Regular and Substitute drummer are considered core Since1875. Ues or No?

4. No-one disputes a pyro was let off in the FFU during the game and that it was let off by someone in the section occupied by Since1875 and their camp followers. Yes or No?

5. A drumstick was thrown from behind row CC.Yes or
No?

6. People who are not part of the official Since1875 bring their own drumsticks to games. Yes or No?

7. Since 1875 can account for all their drumsticks and drummers at time it was thrown. Yes or No?

8. People without drums bring drumsticks into the ground. Yes or No?

Like it or not the area in the FFU occupied by the Since1875 group and their camp followers was the focus of major breaches of ground rules, common sense and acceptable behaviour at the The Rangers match.

Blaster
18-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Fantastic post Stantons angel.

I agree and hopefully these guys return to the more positive aspects of what they were doing previously.

They do however just need to remember they are a small part of 15k supporters who attend Easter Road and the club has to make decisions to suit the majority

Waxy
18-03-2019, 12:43 PM
I thought only Bernard Matthews did turkey drummers.

PatHead
18-03-2019, 12:44 PM

I know this thread is not about re-locating the singing section but I can't let your comment go unchallenged as the long term interests do not solely revolve around the singing section. I personally like the singing section having been apprehensive at first but the whole club cannot revolve around 1875. A large number of them even stayed in the old section as they don't like watching football behind the goals. I wish they would get a drum and work with 1875 to bounce off each other.

For some time Leeann has indicated that she wants the FF lower to return to a genuine family section to encourage the next generation of supporters.

Plans for this started at the end of last season when season ticket holders were advised that they would not be able to renew their seats this season if they were not part of a family group with children. It is hard on these fans but there were no seats next to each other available to encourage the next generation. Season ticket prices were increased with the £25 ticket being doubled to reduce the amount of seat blockers.

Next season the interior of the lower stand will be made more child friendly with activities aimed at encouraging youngsters to attend games. I understand it will be things like decorating the area, facepainting, the mascot, Hibs Kid challenges, more child friendly food etc.

Having brought my kids up following Hibs I know that, at times, it was difficult to encourage them and stop them from being bored. Hopefully this will help and make it easier to attract them. In turn that would help with a reduction in empty seats.

The club (Especially Leeann) have encouraged the section over the years, first allowing the drum, allowing banners to be stored and made under the stand, moving season ticket holders out of the FF upper to accommodate 1875, (an area which they chose by the way), providing them with seats together at away matches including Tynecastle to help the atmosphere while everyone else is running around trying to get them. It hasn't always been 1875 fighting the club to get these things as seems to be portrayed.

I don't know what the disagreement is about or what 1875 are alleged to have done but I have to assume that something has happened. There are always two sides to every story. Make no mistake Hibs are under pressure about the behaviour of a section of our fans. The media love to stick the boot into us and she will be under pressure to be seen to act. Having flares in the singing section will not have helped. 1875 managed to help before by moving to the front of the East when there were problems at the back of the stand. (Not of 1875's making).

I hope it can be resolved but I do know that Leeann won't do it in public or on Hibs.net.

Hopefully Tracey or Frank can help bridge the gap.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Has she so far? Did she condemn the abuse Lennon/Stubbs got at Ibrox routinely and the way our own support are treated there? I think she may have had our corner in the Scott Allan saga but I can't recall much else? :confused:

No she didn't, but I don't believe that was based on her having an eye on a job elsewhere or any alleged pro bigotry or pro The Rangers agenda.

Having said that I do believe we are getting to the stage where if there are further incidents where Hibs fans are attacked inside or outside of Ibrox or there is any further incident of a Hibs employee being specifically the target of sectarian abuse from the bigots who follow Sevco then the club has to speak out. If we fail to do so then even I will begin to look sideways at Leeann Dempster and begin to question why the abuse, sectarian and otherwise, of our fans and staff continues and we don't officially say anything …. following the Steve Clarke situation the goal posts have shifted and the time has come for us to take a stand. Especially if there is any truth in the suggestions the other week that Sevco themselves had criticised Aberdeen fans for sectarian behaviour, nobody could ignore hypocrisy or whitabootery of that magnitude.

In the aftermath of the cup final I don't think it would have been the right time to hit out at what happened during that game. It was very much a situation where the club had to indulge in damage limitation and anything we said would have been instantly targeted as 'whitabootery' in an attempt to deflect from our part in the game's aftermath ….. even last week I heard two commentators ( one being Tom English ) criticise Rod Petrie for his exuberance comment …. even though he was 99% correct and it was nearly 3 years ago.

When it comes to Neil Lennon he made a statement himself about his treatment at Ibrox from within the confines of East Mains / Easter Road and I presume that the club made the presumption that it would be taken as read that they were behind him and backed fully what he had to say and had no need to make a statement themselves.

But, as I've said …. That is me giving Hibs the benefit of the doubt. I have been vociferous in my support of Leeann Dempster up until now, but that can only continue for so long given the fact that neither Hibs nor her have seen fit to officially call out Sevco over a number of incident in the last few seasons. If that situation was to continue I could easily see myself moving over to the point of view that her critics have a point and ask questions myself over what even I could only view as a baffling ongoing reluctance to defend our fans and staff from abuse and bigotry.

And it has to be said, especially in view of the fact that there seems to be no problem whatsoever when it comes to harsh and draconian actions against some sections of our own support.

Ronniekirk
18-03-2019, 12:52 PM

You can call this whataboutery if you like, but when you see our response to what happens in that away end whenever those lot appear at Easter Road, then is it any surprise folk behave similarly?

I am a big fan of Dempster and I bought my first season ticket in ages after a conversation with her at an Event Celebrating our Holy Grail Win
But you make a. Very Valid point and The Rangers in particular get it easy yet want to make noises and use their influence
Glad Hecky spoke out about the Ref phoning Gerard and The Rangers we’re quick to respond
They like to Intimidate and Bully But don’t like being called out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
18-03-2019, 12:55 PM
No she didn't, but I don't believe that was based on her having an eye on a job elsewhere or any alleged pro bigotry or pro The Rangers agenda.

Having said that I do believe we are getting to the stage where if there are further incidents where Hibs fans are attacked inside or outside of Ibrox or there is any further incident of a Hibs employee being specifically the target of sectarian abuse from the bigots who follow Sevco then the club has to speak out. If we fail to do so then even I will begin to look sideways at Leeann Dempster and begin to question why the abuse, sectarian and otherwise, of our fans and staff continues and we don't officially say anything …. following the Steve Clarke situation the goal posts have shifted and the time has come for us to take a stand. Especially if there is any truth in the suggestions the other week that Sevco themselves had criticised Aberdeen fans for sectarian behaviour, nobody could ignore hypocrisy or whitabootery of that magnitude.

In the aftermath of the cup final I don't think it would have been the right time to hit out at what happened during that game. It was very much a situation where the club had to indulge in damage limitation and anything we said would have been instantly targeted as 'whitabootery' in an attempt to deflect from our part in the game's aftermath ….. even last week I heard two commentators ( one being Tom English ) criticise Rod Petrie for his exuberance comment …. even though he was 99% correct and it was nearly 3 years ago.

When it comes to Neil Lennon he made a statement himself about his treatment at Ibrox from within the confines of East Mains / Easter Road and I presume that the club made the presumption that it would be taken as read that they were behind him and backed fully what he had to say and had no need to make a statement themselves.

But, as I've said …. That is me giving Hibs the benefit of the doubt. I have been vociferous in my support of Leeann Dempster up until now, but that can only continue for so long given the fact that neither Hibs nor her have seen fit to officially call out Sevco over a number of incident in the last few seasons. If that situation was to continue I could easily see myself moving over to the point of view that her critics have a point and ask questions myself over what even I could only view as a baffling ongoing reluctance to defend our fans and staff from abuse and bigotry.

Neither do I but it leaves the window open for accusations when not sticking up for our support and managers with the sectarian filth being sang about them while at the same time ripping into our support - especially at the time where the huns are going for everyone making out it's all the other clubs in a bad light. It also doesn't help when the same support singing vile filth about managers/players and our own support are given the whole stand when they come back to ER to shove down our necks even more bigoted filth, stay quiet about them (again) and rip into our own support (rightfully so by the way). The rest of your post is spot on also.

The danger here is unlike the huns support who believe they are being victimized by the rest of the country (what a *** laugh) some of our support believe they are being victimized and not being stuck up for by our own CEO.

DaveF
18-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Are we really arguing over a broken drumstick now :-D

Honestly, if since 1875 have been banned over a drumstick, I'm handing back my season ticket I've not renewed yet.

Hibs3-2
18-03-2019, 01:03 PM
So whose version of events is categorically true then? So far you Sean1875 and Overdrive have recounted or alluded to different versions of the actuality.

So

1. The regular drummer was in situ for the whole The Ranger game. Yes or No?

2. The regular or "substitute drummer was detained pre-match. Yes or No?

3.The Regular and Substitute drummer are considered core Since1875. Ues or No?

4. No-one disputes a pyro was let off in the FFU during the game and that it was let off by someone in the section occupied by Since1875 and their camp followers. Yes or No?

5. A drumstick was thrown from behind row CC.Yes or
No?

6. People who are not part of the official Since1875 bring their own drumsticks to games. Yes or No?

7. Since 1875 can account for all their drumsticks and drummers at time it was thrown. Yes or No?

8. People without drums bring drumsticks into the ground. Yes or No?

Like it or not the area in the FFU occupied by the Since1875 group and their camp followers was the focus of major breaches of ground rules, common sense and acceptable behaviour at the The Rangers match.

What has it got to do with you?

Are you his/her mother/father? Are you leanne dempster? Are you police? If the answer to any they questions is yes then i am sure you already knew that what you posted was totally made up.

If the answer to the above is no then i am confirming that the points raised by you are factually incorrect.

Mikey
18-03-2019, 01:23 PM

Are you his/her mother/father? Are you leanne dempster? Are you police? If the answer to any they questions is yes then i am sure you already knew that what you posted was totally made up.

If the answer to the above is no then i am confirming that the points raised by you are factually incorrect.

Are you able to answer the question about what was said at the meeting, because nobody else is willing to tackle it.

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 01:37 PM

A very defensive and aggressive response. Wonder why?

The facts are undisputed

1. A pyro went off in the FFU in the area occupied by the wider singing section and a drumstick was thrown. Are you disputing that

The other questions saught to clarify whic of the various "explainations" and "clarifications" posted here by individuals who seem to profess knowledge of the exact circumstance but whose accounts vary.

If I wasn't a thinking man's hibby I might surmise people with skin in the game had something to hide and are attempting to deflect from unacceptable behaviour.

Hibs3-2
18-03-2019, 02:11 PM
A very defensive and aggressive response. Wonder why?

The facts are undisputed

1. A pyro went off in the FFU in the area occupied by the wider singing section and a drumstick was thrown. Are you disputing that

The other questions saught to clarify whic of the various "explainations" and "clarifications" posted here by individuals who seem to profess knowledge of the exact circumstance but whose accounts vary.

If I wasn't a thinking man's hibby I might surmise people with skin in the game had something to hide and are attempting to deflect from unacceptable behaviour.

I am responding defensively because you have name dropped 1 specific person, “the hibs drummer” and have posted complete lies about this person.

This person is fairly well known amongst here and the wider hibs support. Do you have any idea how damaging such false accusations could have on someones life?

I am not in the section nor can i comment what went on in the FFU that day. I am sure they will have a statement released in due course.
What i can confirm is your blatant lies.

Chuck Rhoades
18-03-2019, 02:17 PM
I know this thread is not about re-locating the singing section but I can't let your comment go unchallenged as the long term interests do not solely revolve around the singing section. I personally like the singing section having been apprehensive at first but the whole club cannot revolve around 1875. A large number of them even stayed in the old section as they don't like watching football behind the goals. I wish they would get a drum and work with 1875 to bounce off each other.

For some time Leeann has indicated that she wants the FF lower to return to a genuine family section to encourage the next generation of supporters.

Plans for this started at the end of last season when season ticket holders were advised that they would not be able to renew their seats this season if they were not part of a family group with children. It is hard on these fans but there were no seats next to each other available to encourage the next generation. Season ticket prices were increased with the £25 ticket being doubled to reduce the amount of seat blockers.

Next season the interior of the lower stand will be made more child friendly with activities aimed at encouraging youngsters to attend games. I understand it will be things like decorating the area, facepainting, the mascot, Hibs Kid challenges, more child friendly food etc.

Having brought my kids up following Hibs I know that, at times, it was difficult to encourage them and stop them from being bored. Hopefully this will help and make it easier to attract them. In turn that would help with a reduction in empty seats.

The club (Especially Leeann) have encouraged the section over the years, first allowing the drum, allowing banners to be stored and made under the stand, moving season ticket holders out of the FF upper to accommodate 1875, (an area which they chose by the way), providing them with seats together at away matches including Tynecastle to help the atmosphere while everyone else is running around trying to get them. It hasn't always been 1875 fighting the club to get these things as seems to be portrayed.

I don't know what the disagreement is about or what 1875 are alleged to have done but I have to assume that something has happened. There are always two sides to every story. Make no mistake Hibs are under pressure about the behaviour of a section of our fans. The media love to stick the boot into us and she will be under pressure to be seen to act. Having flares in the singing section will not have helped. 1875 managed to help before by moving to the front of the East when there were problems at the back of the stand. (Not of 1875's making).

I hope it can be resolved but I do know that Leeann won't do it in public or on Hibs.net.

Hopefully Tracey or Frank can help bridge the gap.

I’ve met you a couple of times in person at the LWT meetings and you must know what you’ve posted is a complete load of b*llocks. T nor F have ever been in touch FWIW.

Mikey
18-03-2019, 02:26 PM
T nor F have ever been in touch FWIW.

Why not get in touch with one of them and get talking? If the imminent statement that's been mentioned is simply Since 1875 blowing off at the club then that's going to make things worse.

Take on board whatever was said to you at the meeting, deal with it and move towards getting back to where you were.

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 02:27 PM
I am responding defensively because you have name dropped 1 specific person, “the hibs drummer” and have posted complete lies about this person.

This person is fairly well known amongst here and the wider hibs support. Do you have any idea how damaging such false accusations could have on someones life?

I am not in the section nor can i comment what went on in the FFU that day. I am sure they will have a statement released in due course.
What i can confirm is your blatant lies.

You go back through the thread and quote me where I lied.

I was responding to various posts which made certain ascertions, including one claiming the "drummer was in police custody" which was at variance from another poster who claimed the "drummer was gobsmacked" when he saw it happen.

I asked questions about the undesputed facts (pyro in FFU and Drumstick) and received conflicting answers which undermine the credibility of the Since 1875 "core group".

PatHead
18-03-2019, 02:27 PM
I’ve met you a couple of times in person at the LWT meetings and you must know what you’ve posted is a complete load of b*llocks. T nor F have ever been in touch FWIW.

Based on the information I have been told in the past none of what I have said is b*llocks. It is stuff which has been said over the past few years by a number of staff and at WT meetings. Though for various reasons I haven't been at many of them over the last couple of years.

I didn't say Frank or Tracey have ever been in touch. I did suggest them as a mediator to try and help.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2019, 02:29 PM

there's only two sets of fans that are freely allowed to stand at games, i imagine the polis stewards enjoy their wee power trip when it's a smaller amount of fans

Keith_M
18-03-2019, 02:34 PM

I've noticed this with the various 'Ultras' groups, that a large group of them often stand right at the front. This actually happened in the 4-2 defeat at Darkheid, where a large group of young guys were determined to all stand together (next to the pillar) and wouldn't shift when people arrived with tickets for those seats.

It's great that you want to make an atmosphere at games but it doesn't give you the right to be inconsiderate to other people that just want to sit down and still see the game.

As an aside, the Sect43 (or whatever they're called), guys all stood at the last game at Celtc Park.. but did so right at the back of the stand where they weren't blocking anybody's view. They created a great atmosphere, despite us being really crap that day.

Since1875Hibs
18-03-2019, 03:05 PM
After being summoned to a meeting with our club, at an hours notice, of which we believed was to understand both the costs and legalities of installing safe standing at ER, we were met with an aggressive and direct conversation about our “behaviour” and were subsequently told our privileges, whatever they were, have been removed.

No individual has been banned. No one from the group launched missiles or were involved in pyrotechnics. But our CEO has made her feelings, and loyalties, very clear.

Brooster
18-03-2019, 03:13 PM
After being summoned to a meeting with our club, at an hours notice, of which we believed was to understand both the costs and legalities of installing safe standing at ER, we were met with an aggressive and direct conversation about our “behaviour” and were subsequently told our privileges, whatever they were, have been removed.

No individual has been banned. No one from the group launched missiles or were involved in pyrotechnics. But our CEO has made her feelings, and loyalties, very clear.

Are you able to confirm or deny that one of privileges was/is receiving tickets for Category A away matches? I understand if you don't wish to answer.

Since1875Hibs
18-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Are you able to confirm or deny that one of privileges was/is receiving tickets for Category A away matches? I understand if you don't wish to answer.

The same privileges as your branch and many others.

DaveF
18-03-2019, 03:25 PM

No reason given at all? Wow.

Hibeewilly
18-03-2019, 03:25 PM

That seems pretty clear from you S1875 and good to hear your first two sentences but what is Dempster meaning exactly by the groups "behaviour" ??
Hope you can get round the table with the Club and get it resolved

DaveF
18-03-2019, 03:27 PM

Be good to explain your loyalties comment about Dempster btw as it just reads as a cheap dig. Which doesn't really do anyone any favours if a resolution is to be sought.

Brooster
18-03-2019, 03:29 PM
The same privileges as your branch and many others.

Our branch doesn't get these privileges. I was curious as to whether you got them?

One Day
18-03-2019, 03:30 PM

Well said

Mikey
18-03-2019, 03:37 PM

Thank you.

I still think you would be best served mediating with Hibs through Tracey to try and resolve this. Blasting back at the club will get you nowhere.

marinello59
18-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Our branch doesn't get these privileges. I was curious as to whether you got them?

One of the group members said previously on one of these threads that they don’t get any special privileges for games at Tynie etc.

PatHead
18-03-2019, 03:44 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Seems very harsh.

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Seems very harsh.

HibeeHibernian4
18-03-2019, 03:54 PM
The 1875 guys should show us all by getting full numbers together and singing full pelt right through the livi match.

The problem is that the same hanger on individuals will appear and give them a bad rep. It happened at the last Livingston game, I heard folk singing about Craig Levein's dodgy organ but there was no drumbeat so you'd imagine the Since 1875 weren't going along with it. They were also getting not-so-discreetly filmed by the Focus laddie in his blue t-shirt all afternoon. :rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
18-03-2019, 03:54 PM

So where do you think her loyalties lie or should lie? Is it to Hibernian Football Club or to since 1875. As I've said before this happens when you get clubs within clubs. Seen it before. The smaller club doesn't want to abide by the parent clubs rules so rails against it and makes all sorts of noise and accusations of being bullied, unfair treatment etc

green day
18-03-2019, 04:06 PM
Said it earlier in the thread, the lads need to talk to Tracey if they feel they have been harshly treated.

Being honest, it seems highly unlikely that LD just woke up yesterday and thought **** it, I'm going to piss off Since1875 lads...,...so either there is more to it or she has been misinformed.

Either way, speak to Tracey and set up a meeting.

Bostonhibby
18-03-2019, 04:13 PM
Are you able to answer the question about what was said at the meeting, because nobody else is willing to tackle it.Nuts isn't it, for all we know it could be an unpainted magic wand broken and cast aside by a particular manager when it ceased to perform after that cup final.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Since1875Hibs
18-03-2019, 04:31 PM

In addition to our earlier post we’d like to note that the club have been in touch today and we are currently working together for a solution

HappyAsHellas
18-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Since 1875 want to support our club in the best way they possibly can as I see it. I remember the so called groups from the 70's, 80's etc and these guys are nothing like that at all. On the marches to Tynie they do let off smoke bombs etc which has been happening for years, but to my knowledge have never set them off inside ER, or encouraged anyone else to do so.
Special mention for HibbyfaeLibby - I can categorically state that the drumstick that was thrown came from row JJ which whilst in the singing section has nothing to do with Since 1875. Same goes for the flare, these were not regular attendee's of the singing section and nothing to do with them. Since 1875 have voluntarily moved at home and away games in an effort to try and get away from the morons who seem to want to rub up the club the wrong way.
The majority of these muppets seem to be in the age range of 12 to 16 and regularly pitch up for the big games and act like fannies in order to impress their mates I would imagine.
The fact that Hibs are taking it out on Since 1875 in order to be seen to be doing something is criminal. By all means, weed out the runts, but don't shoot yourself in the foot during the process. As for family sections, I was taken to the old east in the late sixties, I started taking my daughter to games when she was 4 and never wanted or needed a special section. My daughter is now in her 20's and loves the singing section which is why I go there - she takes me nowadays! My grand daughter has been to her first games this season as she is now 4, but we will never go to a bloody sanitised family section as she's already with her family.

HibeeHibernian4
18-03-2019, 04:33 PM
I genuinely think this might be the worst, most uninformed post on .net I've ever read. I'm going to have to go through it beat by beat to really comprehend it.

I am a Hibs supporter and i buy my tickets to every game because i want to support my team home and away and have done so for many many years.

The last few years have seen a rise in incidents within the support concerning smoke bombs, running on to the pitch, and fighting amongst ourselves too.

The number of smoke bombs in Hibs' support has decreased significantly since the Section 43 days. Any excuse to watch Griffiths' free kick at Tynecastle again, but watch in the aftermath as at least three or four smoke bombs are hurled onto the pitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M18D10Lm0is

Hibs fighting amongst themselves almost exclusively happens at Hampden on Semi Final or Final days out. This is down to people not being able to handle their drink and behaving like complete tits. How you've managed to link that to the singing section is beyond me.

The emergence of a young supporters group to sing songs and create atmosphere was welcomed by the club and us supporters as it was good to be part of a full stadium and sing all game.

IMPO and i say this is my opinion, the club have bent over backwards to accomodate this section, never in my lifetime as a Hibs supporter have the club given such license to any other group.

Unless you have specialist insider knowledge that I don't, I don't see what the club have done to bend over backwards and accommodate the singing section. Sticking them up in the corner furthest away from the pitch where the East can't hear them? What kind of license is that?

Things were fine and dandy and everyone sang their praises, then IMO things began to change and i think they thought they could do what ever they wanted inside our stadium or at away grounds. Now as someone who has lived through the notoris "casual" days i hate to think that these lads think they can emulate them!

This group took in on themselves to push the club to action earlier this season in trying to take over the famous five lower despite knowing that the area is a designated family area and has been for many years now. Granted the ticket office should have spotted this happening and brought it to the notice of the club before it did. Dempster intervened and said NO gave them their money back and they were told to accept access to seats elsewhere.

This to me is the pinnacle of absolute nonsense in this post. You appear to be claiming that there's a chance Since 1875 might be looking to emulate the CCS by...trialling a singing section in the Famous Five Lower for a League Cup second round game against Ross County in the middle of August. If that's the worst the CCS ever did then they should hand back all the money they made from the autobiographies.

They have had access to the stadium to make up wonderful displays for match day, supporters have donated cash to help them do this, again this was unprecedented. Yet all i can see from this noticeboard is complaints when they are told NO by the club on anything they think they have a blanket right to do?

As BouncerRoss and other posters have touched upon, I think what the singing section take umbrage with is the idea of this being a 'privilege'. A lot of their own time and effort must go into these displays and the club giving them a bit of space in which to prepare it is hardly VIP treatment. These displays are the ones they then market and profit from. "Time for Heroes" being the best example!

I have watched at away games the attitude of some of these "supporters" and it is no wonder they are finally being reighned in by the club.

I saw the so called marchers being led along Albion Road by an older supporter giving them instructions to group together, from what i could see there was around 20 of them and they were straggling along the road all over the place.

A bit all over the place here, so we start by talking about away games and then leap to Albion Road. I don't think any Hibs fans have ever marched from Albion Road to an away game before, but happy to amend that if I'm proven wrong. The fact that you don't know the bare minimum about ultra groups (ie what a 'capo' is) tells me you might not be qualified to talk about this subject with any great authority.

then i dont know how many times supporters have been told about bringing smoke bombs to games. These are dangerous and people have been hurt in one way or the other by their use.

They are demonstrably fine.

I cant understand why that lad ran on to the park last week, i just cant believe he didnt know the consequences of doing so. I often wonder if anybody reads the small print on their ticket or listens to the loundspeaker announcements made. Its just crazy and yes the club WILL be punished. Strict Liability is being banded about on this thread, do they know the full meaning behind that phrase and the concequenses to the club

Throwing coins is also a NO NO we have had reports of people getting hurt like this too, look at our previous manager who was hit on the face!

Again, you somehow seem to believe that Since 1875 have managed to climb down from the Famous Five Upper, run to the far end of the East Stand and then try and attack Tavernier? I'm not quite following the logic here. Ditto the coins.

every club not just Hibs has their own band of supporters trying to push bounderies and be more important than the rest. Do they not understand that the club has a duty of care to provide a safe and comfortable stadium for us to enjoy our football? They wont always get it right but when people act like this at a sporting event it endagers the welll being of the other spectators.

Dempster had to take control and come down hard regarding these actions she is doing her job! YES she is in charge and can and will do what she can to stop this idiotic behaviour getting worse.

This wee group of youngsters started out so positively and ended up pushing the bounderies with the club. They were welcomed by the support but if they dont have a good think about what is happening they will lose all credibility with the rest of the support who will get fed up of the constant feuds with the club.

I think what's happened here is that you have managed to confuse any person under the age of 25 for a member of Since 1875. In which case, have you considered a job as a steward or in Police Scotland? You might have a lot in common, as far as I can tell.

Dempster is 'taking control' by punishing the wrong group of people, that much, to me, is obvious.

DaveF
18-03-2019, 04:33 PM
In addition to our earlier post we’d like to note that the club have been in touch today and we are currently working together for a solution

Praise the Lord.

I'm now taking the rest of the day off.

Brizo
18-03-2019, 04:36 PM

While I do think that LD is the best CEO we've had in decades I agree that she hasn't stood up for the support in the way someone like the late Tom Hart did.

After all the trouble at Ibrox a couple of seasons back it was left to Frank Dougan to comment on what had happened. That led to him receiving loads of sectarian abuse.

It would have been a much stronger, more powerful and braver message, if it had been delivered by LD. A former Rangers fan denouncing Rangers fans behaviour would have highlighted the situation to a far greater degree, and to a much wider audience , than leaving it to Frank Dougan.

HibeeHibernian4
18-03-2019, 04:37 PM
there's only two sets of fans that are freely allowed to stand at games, i imagine the polis stewards enjoy their wee power trip when it's a smaller amount of fans

Because they know full well that Celtic and Rangers fans would (rightly) round on their little sad act mob and tell them where to go.

H18 SFR
18-03-2019, 04:38 PM
While I do think that LD is the best CEO we've had in decades I agree that she hasn't stood up for the support in the way someone like the late Tom Hart did.

After all the trouble at Ibrox a couple of seasons back it was left to Frank Dougan to comment on what had happened. That led to him receiving loads of sectarian abuse.

It would have been a much stronger, more powerful and braver message, if it had been delivered by LD. A former Rangers fan denouncing Rangers fans behaviour would have highlighted the situation to a far greater degree, and to a much wider audience , than leaving it to Frank Dougan.

Very, very, very, well said.

Diclonius
18-03-2019, 04:44 PM
They are demonstrably fine.

Not going to argue one way or another with the rest of your post (I don't feel informed enough to provide comment), but at the derby at Tynecastle I witnessed what I was later told was a young girl being hit in the face with a smoke bomb thrown from the Hearts end. There is also a long, long list of comprehensive (https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/boro-issue-pyrotechnic-warning-after-9856318) documentation that (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35402735) they trigger (http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/name/93/post/1843240/headline) asthma attacks (https://www.enolagaye.com/risk-assessment-for-pyrotechnics/).

Smoke bombs shouldn't be anywhere near football games.

Mikey
18-03-2019, 04:44 PM

Excellent :aok: