PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine in Scottish football (HC)

LustForLeith
17-03-2019, 09:34 AM
I noticed the front of the Sunday Mail today that they've done an expose on cocaine use amoungst fans of Scottish clubs. They seem to have been doing the report for a few weeks.

They mention that they’ve witnessed pairs of guys coming out of toilets yet the stewards and police in the ground are unaware. Shouldn’t the reporters have mentioned it or got footage of those involved?

What’s the solution? Sniffer dogs outside stadiums? More of a police presence in the toilets?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fears-cocaine-use-scottish-football-14147548

H18 SFR
17-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Police Scotland don't make an arrest for personal use class a any more. They need to reconsider that strategy.

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 09:37 AM
I noticed the front of the Sunday Mail today that they've done an expose on cocaine use amoungst fans of Scottish clubs. They seem to have been doing the report for a few weeks.

They mention that they’ve witnessed pairs of guys coming out of toilets yet the stewards and police in the ground are unaware. Shouldn’t the reporters have mentioned it or got footage of those involved?

What’s the solution? Sniffer dogs outside stadiums? More of a police presence in the toilets?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/fears-cocaine-use-scottish-football-14147548

Sniffer dogs inside stadia after the turnstiles. Catch a few of them taking it in and let them know of the risk they take.

Lendo
17-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Sniffer dogs inside stadia after the turnstiles. Catch a few of them taking it in and let them know of the risk they take.

They have sniffer dogs at the entrance to Musselburgh Races now to rightly deter folks from taking it in. Absolutely no reason not to do the same at Easter Road.

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 09:45 AM
They have sniffer dogs at the entrance to Musselburgh Races now to rightly deter folks from taking it in. Absolutely no reason not to do the same at Easter Road.

Thing is, they’ll see the sniffer dogs and try a different turnstile on a walk up ticket. Put them inside and there is always the risk. Hand swabbing too. My heart sinks when you find yourself near to some blatantly coked up ******** because they’ll be a menace and the stewards won’t do anything about it.

gaz1875
17-03-2019, 09:50 AM
They just need to go to the FFU toilets. queues of young guys waiting to go in in pairs, and empty bottles of 2020 and cans of beer. I might be getting on in life but I don't ever recall ever sharing a cubicle with a mate for a piss or ****. People can do what they want, but some people need to use the cubicles for health reasons, and have to go during the match to get in.

hibbycraig
17-03-2019, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;5742342]Thing is, they’ll see the sniffer dogs and try a different turnstile on a walk up ticket. Put them inside and there is always the risk. Hand swabbing too. My heart sinks when you find yourself near to some blatantly coked up ******** because they’ll be a menace and the stewards won’t do anything about it.[/QUOTE

I used to be a steward and wouldn't feel comfortable dealing with someone on drugs. That should 100% be a job for the police

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;5742342]Thing is, they’ll see the sniffer dogs and try a different turnstile on a walk up ticket. Put them inside and there is always the risk. Hand swabbing too. My heart sinks when you find yourself near to some blatantly coked up ******** because they’ll be a menace and the stewards won’t do anything about it.[/QUOTE

I used to be a steward and wouldn't feel comfortable dealing with someone on drugs. That should 100% be a job for the police

That’s kind of my badly made point - you need someone else there before you get to the stands but after the turnstiles.

I don’t care if it knocks 500 off the gate, if we didn’t have the coked up bawbags I’d be quite happy.

CB_NO3
17-03-2019, 09:55 AM

Yet the place is still full of absolute morons who are out their faces. This article is a disgrace, its got nothing to so with football but society as a whole. Cocaine use is rife at all events.

Slavers
17-03-2019, 10:00 AM
I have a few mates who would indulge in this behaviour before, during and after the game. I don't myself it seems very sad to me that you would want to sort lines to watch a game of football. Whatever happened to the thrill of watching a thunderous tackle or a tough fought match to get the blood pumping.

I really do detest cocaine i think it a real negative on society and people, i have never met a nice person on coke, ever.

However if weed was legalized and they offered some Herbal tea or a wee muffin or something i may well partake in that at football ground.

gaz1875
17-03-2019, 10:00 AM
Yet the place is still full of absolute morons who are out their faces. This article is a disgrace, its got nothing to so with football but society as a whole. Cocaine use is rife at all events.

I don't read it as blaming football, only pointing out it could be the cause of trouble inside the stadium.

BullsCloseHibs
17-03-2019, 10:01 AM
It's not the first time either that the East Stand reeks of downtown Amsterdam !

(Its not just a Hibs problem though)

Fratelli
17-03-2019, 10:04 AM
At the last Hibs v Hearts game, 2 guys were openly doing cocaine in the East Stand toilets.

While the Police may not have the resources to cover all 4 stands, a sniffer dog at the East and the South at the next Category A game may act as a deterrent and may be worth a try.

Crack down on both cocaine and pyrotechnics...

macca70
17-03-2019, 10:07 AM
They just need to go to the FFU toilets. queues of young guys waiting to go in in pairs, and empty bottles of 2020 and cans of beer. I might be getting on in life but I don't ever recall ever sharing a cubicle with a mate for a piss or ****. People can do what they want, but some people need to use the cubicles for health reasons, and have to go during the match to get in.

Exactly, You can’t get into a cubicle in the FF Upper due to them being used as a drug/bevvy den

Brightside
17-03-2019, 10:12 AM
You can clearly watch fans doing coke in broad daylight at most games. Our new CCTV units are going to be banning about 10 fans a weeks.

Since452
17-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately it's about as common amongst young lads as drinking is. I'd say 90% of lads out on the sesh are on some sort of gear. There are usually big queues for nightclub toilets and none of them require a jobbie. Getting that way at the football too. It's a society problem.

pacoluna
17-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Wonder how many people were coked up at Cheltenham this week or Twickenham.

hibee
17-03-2019, 10:42 AM

Been discussing this on the pm board for a while, sad wee boys queuing up at the FF upper toilets in two’s openly holding their coke while waiting to get in.

It’s pathetic and my kids and others shouldn’t have to witness this. This season has certainly opened my eyes to how rife drug use is. I’d much rather the club tackled this than having 20 stewards sitting in front of the east for a game against Motherwell.

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 10:48 AM

Probably a lot. They should be made an example of too.

The_Horde
17-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Unfortunately it's about as common amongst young lads as drinking is. I'd say 90% of lads out on the sesh are on some sort of gear. There are usually big queues for nightclub toilets and none of them require a jobbie. Getting that way at the football too. It's a society problem.

Quite enjoyable when you do need a jobby and you know the person going in afterwards is going to do that.

Always make sure I take an extra few mins in there than usual.

Renfrew_Hibby
17-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Sorry but why do they all have to go in twos?
I've led a sheltered life.

Purple & Green
17-03-2019, 12:18 PM
First step would be to establish if the toilets are being used. Fairly easy to test afterwards for evidence of cocaine. If there is traces then I’d say the club has a duty of care to supporters given the family demographic of the crowd. It’s not necessarily about catching people in the act, more about stopping it happening if it is a problem.

First step though is to establish if there is a problem, and the extent, do I’d say get the testers in the day after a match and check all the toilets.

Since452
17-03-2019, 12:36 PM

Wondered that myself

SquashedFrogg
17-03-2019, 12:39 PM

Maybe they prefer taking cock as opposed to coke?

Waxy
17-03-2019, 12:41 PM

Probably because one has the stuff, wants to give his pal some but doesnt trust him not to hoover it all away.

Just a guess.

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Why are they picking on football again?
Go to any entertainment venue in the country and you will see people of all ages under the influence of cocaine. A quick check on my sons snapchat lets me know who's got the best gear, if i was interested.

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Why are they picking on football again?
Go to any entertainment venue in the country and you will see people of all ages under the influence of cocaine. A quick check on my sons snapchat lets me know who's got the best gear, if i was interested.

What are the signs of someone who is 'coked up'?

:confused:

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 01:01 PM

Much like drunks but go to the toilet more:wink:

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Much like drunks but go to the toilet more:wink:

I think I've been coked up for a while.
:dunno:

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 01:11 PM

Dilated pupils, runny noses, very talkative, maybe aggressive.

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Dilated pupils, runny noses, very talkative, maybe aggressive.

I get the message.

**** off.

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 01:15 PM
I get the message.

**** off.

Maybe you have been:greengrin

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2019, 01:24 PM
I had no idea this was such an issue, luckily I’ve Never seen or suspected any of that in the West upper.

How do folk get get away with smoking weed in the East? Can’t even get a sneaky wee vape in the West!

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 01:31 PM
To get the the East, they already have bag checks well before the turnstyles, so sniffer dogs could be located there.

If they're going to do that, though, they should also be refusing entry for anybody p1ssed out of their nut.

As an aside, has the problem in the FF Upper got worse since the Singing Section moved in there? The reason I ask is that it wasn't really known as a part of the ground that had a lot of young guys, mostly middle-aged to grandads.

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 01:38 PM
To get the the East, they already have bag checks well before the turnstyles, so sniffer dogs could be located there.

If they're going to do that, though, then they should also be refusing entry for anybody p1ssed out of their nut.

As an aside, has the problem in the FF Upper got worse since the Singing Section moved in there? The reason I ask is that it wasn't really known as a part of the ground that had a lot of young guys, mostly middle-aged to grandads.

I've had my seat at the back of the FF Upper since the stand was built, (I go home after matches though) and despite having a famously weak bladder and thus visiting the bog pretty regularly - although usually not during gametime - I've never seen the 'queues at the cubicles' or drugs being handed out openly.

Clearly I'll have to stop going for a pee prior to kick off, and hang on until half time if I'm going to experience a half time coke.

RyeSloan
17-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Simplest first step is to make the toilets unsuitable for knocking up a couple of lines in...night clubs have done it for years.

As for sniffer dogs...I think some have over estimated such canine abilities when it comes to identifying a wrap or two in someone’s pocket amongst thousands of other people.

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 01:45 PM
I've had my seat at the back of the FF Upper since the stand was built, (I go home after matches though) and despite having a famously weak bladder and thus visiting the bog pretty regularly - although usually not during gametime - I've never seen the 'queues at the cubicles' or drugs being handed out openly.

Clearly I'll have to stop going for a pee prior to kick off, and hang on until half time if I'm going to experience a half time coke.

Good to hear *

So maybe some people are exaggerating the problem.

* Not your weak bladder, obviously

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Simplest first step is to make the toilets unsuitable for knocking up a couple of lines in...night clubs have done it for years.

As for sniffer dogs...I think some have over estimated such canine abilities when it comes to identifying a wrap or two in someone’s pocket amongst thousands of other people.

Probably true, but they might act as a deterrent.

pacoluna
17-03-2019, 01:49 PM

My pet hate, mid game pissers

brog
17-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Sandown Races last March were a disgrace, 'lines'of young guys waiting on stalls. I wrote to them & last week there were sniffer dogs outside. Much improved inside. There were also dogs at Cheltenham this week. Looks like the authorities are finally waking up to this society problem.

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Sandown Races last March were a disgrace, 'lines'of young guys waiting on stalls. I wrote to them & last week there were sniffer dogs outside. Much improved inside. There were also dogs at Cheltenham this week. Looks like the authorities are finally waking up to this society problem.

You'd better not go to Aintree for Grand National meeting, I thought i'd walked into the toilet in Scarface. The young Scousers don't have just a gram or 2.

Iggy Pope
17-03-2019, 02:11 PM

Exactly the same. Famous Five Upper since it’s inception and cannot see this drug fuelled angst. And I pee twice a visit without fail. I’ve never taken a jobby though.

Tiny_Tim
17-03-2019, 02:21 PM

We could get Gary O trained to sniff it out.

Hibs98
17-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Maybe people should just mind their own business.

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 02:33 PM

But it's illegal and ruins peoples lives. A bit like alcohol which does the same when abused but that's ok because it's legal.

Tarrahib
17-03-2019, 02:36 PM
The next thing we know they will stop all the guys(and girls) using these E Vapes in the stands as well.

Hibs98
17-03-2019, 02:38 PM
But it's illegal and ruins peoples lives. A bit like alcohol which does the same when abused but that's ok because it's legal.
The people complaining aren’t interested in it ruining people’s lives, they’re complaining because they need a **** at half time, or they’re worried people might be enjoying themselves.

Tinribs
17-03-2019, 02:39 PM

If I've paid to use the stadium and facilities, and I can't get into the bogs due to wee fannies, then it IS my business.

Hibs98
17-03-2019, 02:40 PM
The next thing we know they will stop all the guys(and girls) using these E Vapes in the stands as well.
The fans vaping in the toilet cubicles in pairs will be taken outside and shot.

calumhibee1
17-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Naw.

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 02:41 PM
The people complaining aren’t interested in it ruining people’s lives, they’re complaining because they need a **** at half time, or they’re worried people might be enjoying themselves.

You might be getting there.

Hibs98
17-03-2019, 02:42 PM
If I've paid to use the stadium and facilities, and I can't get into the bogs due to wee fannies, then it IS my business.
The wee fannies have paid to use the facilities as well. They’re being considerate and going in twos what more do you want?

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 02:45 PM
The wee fannies have paid to use the facilities as well. They’re being considerate and going in twos what more do you want?

They’ve not paid to take coke and inconvenience others. Belters.

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 02:45 PM
There is no evidence to support this. Violence at football has always been there and is no worse now than previously. It was a lot worse in the 80’s than now.
Looking for an easy answer. Far more likely that alcohol was involved than class A drugs.

Ah well, if you and Hermit Crab have seen someone take coke in the toilet then it’s clear that this is an epidemic.

Think an apology could be in order, Ozyhibby. :rolleyes:

Tinribs
17-03-2019, 02:46 PM

If their both in there taking a dump together then fine.

overdrive
17-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Exactly the same. Famous Five Upper since it’s inception and cannot see this drug fuelled angst. And I pee twice a visit without fail. I’ve never taken a jobby though.

Likewise, with the exception of the recent Celtic and Rangers games and I’ve only now realised that the queue for the cubicles probably was for this. There was also a stench of weed at one of those games too.

The only the time I’ve seen it happen on mass at a football match was the away game at Aberdeen at the end of last season. Guys (of all ages) were openly doing it in the toilet (not just the cubicle).

The only other time I’ve seen it on mass at all was at a boxing event in Glasgow a couple of years ago.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Legalise and educate

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 03:11 PM
Legalise and educate

:agree:

I accept there's a debate to be had on Class A's, but for anything below that it's a no brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

matty_f
17-03-2019, 03:15 PM
It was going on in the toilets at St Mirren as well. I think folk are fairly open about taking it and certainly don't seem bothered that other people see them doing it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2019, 03:20 PM
I've never tried it, it smells magic though! 😁

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2019, 03:23 PM
The reason they go in two’s is quite simple, like all wee fannies they’re too frightened to do anything on their own.

DetroitHibs
17-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Have the sniffer dogs directly outside the bogs.

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Have the sniffer dogs directly outside the bogs.

If there was one outside the cubicle when I was in there I suspect his career would be over.

Hibs98
17-03-2019, 03:32 PM
The reason they go in two’s is quite simple, like all wee fannies they’re too frightened to do anything on their own.
Wrong.

matty_f
17-03-2019, 03:47 PM
If there was one outside the cubicle when I was in there I suspect his career would be over.

:faf:

Skol
17-03-2019, 03:48 PM
I saw a hound lad snorting a white powder in the bigs at Tunis last time we were there. He took one look at the queue and didn’t bother joining it.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Wrong.

Are you one of them?

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 03:49 PM

Remember to take your pipe. :greengrin

Hibs98
17-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Are you one of them?
No I’ve never been interested in it.

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 03:54 PM

Your 1st bit, that's why they go in in 2s is it not, no chance you would sniff of the toilet surroundings.

They use something they have on them all the time.

Can't see football tackling drug problems at football, neither will the police, it's a epidemic and out of control, police have lost the battle on this drug.

matty_f
17-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Remember to take your pipe. :greengrin

I'm sure there's a crack joke in there somewhere... :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2019, 03:55 PM
No I’ve never been interested in it.

Good to hear, very sensible.

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Probably true, but they might act as a deterrent.

Doubt it very much, is being searched going in to a nightclub not a deterrent, but folk take the chance.

And why should the police target football fans for drug abuse.

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 04:01 PM

But it just doesn't happen at football games, it's everywhere, why should football fans be targeted all the time.

Wilson
17-03-2019, 04:01 PM
I saw a hound lad snorting a white powder in the bigs at Tunis last time we were there. He took one look at the queue and didn’t bother joining it.

Officer Crabtree?

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 04:05 PM
It was going on in the toilets at St Mirren as well. I think folk are fairly open about taking it and certainly don't seem bothered that other people see them doing it.

There's no deterrent for cocaine nowadays, years ago if you got caught with a small amount it would be straight to jail, now the courts are just handing out fines for being in possession of it.

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 04:06 PM
I've never tried it, it smells magic though! 😁

Layer Cake. " if I catch you taking that again I will rub your nose in it " :greengrin

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 04:09 PM
I'm sure there's a crack joke in there somewhere... :greengrin

I'm sure there is, but I'm saying nowt :greengrin

silverhibee
17-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Who the f*** has a jobby at the football.

Deary me.

WoreTheGreen
17-03-2019, 04:16 PM

Deary me.

Craigy boy

ColintonHibs
17-03-2019, 04:21 PM
Someone please enlighten me on what arresting people will solve

Blackfordhibby
17-03-2019, 04:44 PM

Deary me.

Someone with IBD/IBS possibly? Or another medical condition.

Malthibby
17-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Someone please enlighten me on what arresting people will solve

It will let the club take action against them - one warning after an arrest then ban the erses.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2019, 04:58 PM

Eh? 😜

Killiehibbie
17-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Eh? 😜

I remember it was carthage in those bigs in Tunis.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-03-2019, 06:06 PM

Sounds like the police need to perform a carthage operation. 💉

HibeeHibernian4
17-03-2019, 06:09 PM

According to the song, we've played in South Morocco but never in Tunisia. :aok:

Wee Effen Bee
17-03-2019, 06:25 PM
😁
Quite a load of guff being sprayed on this thread: someone actually quoted that 90% of the youngsters are doing it - no chance! Only the minority of fans will be regular users. I would like to see the evidence where coke is responsible for mental behaviour at games. Education is better than prohibition - as soon as laddies understand it shrinks your tadger 🌭 and empties your wallet faster than Ladbrokes, they might take up munching wine gums😁

Saturday Boy
17-03-2019, 06:42 PM

I knew Hibs.net was the home of scholars.

I just love the reference to Appian and the history of the Punic Wars.

Classicists rule ok 😄

Brightside
17-03-2019, 06:52 PM

Sniffer dogs at cheltenham... the caught me trying to smuggle a sausage sandwich in on Thursday.

Saturday Boy
17-03-2019, 07:00 PM
Sniffer dogs at cheltenham... the caught me trying to smuggle a sausage sandwich in on Thursday.

That really deserves an “Ooh er” of its own.

Please, please don’t explain any more 😄

basehibby
17-03-2019, 08:56 PM

I think it's more people trying to DO their business that are being put out. And that's not just if you're dying for a tom tit - some folk with health problems or with young kids have a genuine need to use the stalls.

No need for sniffer dogs though IMo - a well placed steward or two on bog duty at HT could act as a deterrent to folk looking to "hog the bogs" for purposes other than those for which they were designed.

Hibernian32
17-03-2019, 09:41 PM

Deary me.
Exactly! The cubicals are for gear heads & men to scared someone will see there tiny willy

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 09:45 PM

I'm coked up at 1.00am, 2.30am and 5.00am most nights.

Sometimes even more frequently.

Last Saturday I wasn't coked up at all and I slept for 10 hours straight! I wrote the date down

Besties Debut
18-03-2019, 08:54 AM
When i was a laddie cocaine was something that was taken by Clapton, Bowie and Keith Richards at parties in Beverly Hills. Nowadays its getting snorted in the bogs at Easter Road. The manufacturers are going to have to rethink their marketing strategy.

BullsCloseHibs
18-03-2019, 10:06 AM
I remember the glue sniffers in the old East terrace back in the late 70's/early 80's.......probably a lot worse than the snorting & smokin' that goes on at ER now, if you think about it. Imagine taking a bag o glue tae watch the Hibs!

hibbyfraelibby
18-03-2019, 10:08 AM
I remember the glue sniffers in the old East terrace back in the late 70's/early 80's.......probably a lot worse than the snorting & smokin' that goes on at ER now, if you think about it. Imagine taking a bag o glue tae watch the Hibs!

...not to mention sniffing lighter fuel🤪🥴🥺

Tinribs
18-03-2019, 10:22 AM
...not to mention sniffing lighter fuel🤪🥴🥺

There's a YouTube video of a guy on a bus in Glasgow, he's buzzing gas and drinking cider out of the cap 😁
Not Easter road related, but he does look like one of the denizens of Ibrox.

Fuzzywuzzy
18-03-2019, 10:22 AM

Possibly a reach-a-round:dunno::dunno:

I'm Spartacus
18-03-2019, 11:48 AM

Ever tried fingering your own bum while snorting coke?? :)

I'm Spartacus
18-03-2019, 11:49 AM
They should swab the staff toilets in police stations, courtrooms and media organisations then we can talk about a scandal ...

Waxy
18-03-2019, 12:01 PM

No point getting sniffer dogs in if hound lads are at it eh.

surreyhibbie
18-03-2019, 12:44 PM
I remember many years ago, my young sons asking why the man behind us was crumbling an OXO cube into his roll-up...

He was eventually moved by the stewards, not for smoking a fat one but because he was a Jambo in the midst of us Hibbies...

times have changed!

Chez
18-03-2019, 01:41 PM

https://www.narconon.org/drug-abuse/signs-symptoms-cocaine-use.html

Besties Debut
18-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Dilated pupils, runny noses, very talkative, maybe aggressive. Sounds like me after the 2012 cup final

Wilson
18-03-2019, 01:48 PM
I remember many years ago, my young sons asking why the man behind us was crumbling an OXO cube into his roll-up...

He was eventually moved by the stewards, not for smoking a fat one but because he was a Jambo in the midst of us Hibbies...

times have changed!

Linda Bellingham has a lot to answer for.

Chez
18-03-2019, 01:50 PM

Deary me.

For some strange reason I usually get the urge for one in or near the pink bus shelter :wink::greengrin

Since452
18-03-2019, 03:12 PM

:faf: we must have been rotten during that era.

Wilson
18-03-2019, 03:44 PM
:faf: we must have been rotten during that era.

Makes you wonder how things came unstuck during the 80s.

Phil MaGlass
18-03-2019, 05:28 PM

Sniffer dugs wid only get mair higher than the coke snorters. Is that where the name HIGHland terrier comes from

hibsbollah
18-03-2019, 07:08 PM
Scotland has the second highest cocaine use in the world, 2.24% of the 16-64year old population. So there's a good chance that there are a few regular users on this thread. It's interesting that noone is willing to say they have some experience of cocaine, I wonder if this is because they feel like they'd get judged?

WhileTheChief..
18-03-2019, 07:13 PM
I tried it once in Amsterdam on holiday.

I’d had too much beer and weed to know if it was any good or not.

Since452
18-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Makes you wonder how things came unstuck during the 80s.

😉

SRHibs
18-03-2019, 07:18 PM
Scotland has the second highest cocaine use in the world, 2.24% of the 16-64year old population. So there's a good chance that there are a few regular users on this thread. It's interesting that noone is willing to say they have some experience of cocaine, I wonder if this is because they feel like they'd get judged?

I have experience of it. It’s never turned me into anymore of an ******** than I already am.

hibsbollah
18-03-2019, 07:22 PM
I have experience of it. It’s never turned me into anymore of an ******** than I already am.

To be fair only others can probably judge that:greengrin

Kato
18-03-2019, 07:35 PM

Chronic and habitual use do have their effects. I've found that over time users of that sort all develop the same personality traits, i.e. the traits which mark out a person as an *ssh*le who makes a pest of themselves at the drop of a hat.

Sniffer dogs don't work in Scotland. Lucky if it's 6% pure. Absolute mugs.

Weirdly steroids are far more prevalent so potential for being a dickhead is multiplied if the obvious cocktail is being taken. A good percentage will start to turn to opiates once that trend hits here.

Education/legalisation is too obviously the cure. Prohibition has never ever worked for any drug/drink. Never going to happen though.

Weegreenman
18-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Cocaine, the drug for wee fannies who think their some kind of drug king pin because they’re know a guy who knows a guy who can get their drug of choice. Wee fannies that lack personality, so they turn to drugs! ****ers!

SRHibs
18-03-2019, 08:37 PM
Cocaine, the drug for wee fannies who think their some kind of drug king pin because they know a guy who knows a guy who can get their drug of choice. Wee fannies that lack personality, so they turn to drugs! ****ers!

I mean, you could apply the same “lack personality” logic to alcohol.

Phil MaGlass
18-03-2019, 08:42 PM
I mean, you could apply the same “lack personality” logic to alcohol.

Probably more so. But ahm pishrd the noo and started a sentence wae but

Tornadoes70
18-03-2019, 08:49 PM
Whatever folk partake in whether its drink or drugs moderation is the key and knowing when to tone it down.

Personally I enjoy a good drink at the weekends but each to their own as long as they're not harming anyone else.

Dinkydoo
18-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Ok, here goes, I've done it loads.

It's alright. A bit too 'moreish' for my liking. Rarely have I been offered a bit and thought man, that really hit the spot, I can go off and enjoy the rest of my night even more now. It's all too easy for the night out to become, 'just doing coke'. Which inevitably turns into you behaving like the coked up fanny that you've willingly turned yourself into, spending a ****ing fortune and feeling like **** for the next couple of days.

Don't get me wrong, like most mind altering substances, it can be fun. But it's way too expensive for what it is and pretty bad for your heart, especially if you drink at the time and aren't in good shape anyway.

It's also become insidiously ****ing prevalent in the typical Scottish night out these days. Before, my main concern was if I'd get too pished and start making bad decisions, I might scrounge a wee fag from someone at the end of the night. Now, let's just say, the cost of getting too carried away, in the right (wrong) company is quite a bit more.

Proper education of drugs in schools should be introduced for harm reduction purposes, especially now that their use (not just cocaine) is so socially accepted amongst people of my age group and younger. People are going to do it, so they should be aware of how to mitigate risk before, during and after.

I used to be of the opinion that all drugs should be legal but now, I'm not so sure. People are idiots with easy access to drink. You can kill yourself much quicker with these other things that are presently illegal. Obviously cartels and the black market is an awful industry and it'd be great to be able to wipe them out in one fell-swoop.... but that's another discussion for a different thread.

FYI. I've never done the aforementioned at the football. I need to use the toilet enough after 3 pints. If I have any more round trips then I'd miss half the game!

In terms of the context of this thread, I think the use of cocaine definitely has an impact on fan behaviour. I've spotted folk clearly 'onit' over the past few years at games and it certainly could help tip someone already wound up over the edge and result in them behaving like a moron during flashpoints.

We shouldn't exaggerate though, the vast majority of folk aren't doing coke at the football - it will be a sizeable minority of young men.

LustForLeith
18-03-2019, 09:18 PM

Deary me.

The ironic thing is that theres a chance if it’s been laced with laxative then the folk doing coke at the football are needing a jobby at the football.

Bristolhibby
19-03-2019, 07:11 AM

I recall a few years ago there was a culture of coke use at Bath Rugby club down here. Culminating in Bath prop Matt Stevens serving a two year ban.

The club culture was rotten.

It’s not just a football thing.

J

Since452
19-03-2019, 07:20 AM
I recall a few years ago there was a culture of coke use at Bath Rugby club down here. Culminating in Bath prop Matt Stevens serving a two year ban.

The club culture was rotten.

It’s not just a football thing.

J

I was at the Scottish National at Ayr last year and the mens toilets were rammed. Same situation. It's rife amongst young lads. Especially at a big day out.

J-C
19-03-2019, 07:33 AM
Coke used to be the rich mans party drug, us normal folk use to partake in a bit of speed as it was cheaper and gave you the necessary buzz. Coke is now mixed with so much crap anyone can afford it.

beensaidbefore
19-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Coke used to be the rich mans party drug, us normal folk use to partake in a bit of speed as it was cheaper and gave you the necessary buzz. Coke is now mixed with so much crap anyone can afford it.

And that is a problem. Who knows what these kids are shoveling up their noses as it ain't 'coke' in the sense you are talking about. It has been cut that many times that you can now get 3.5g for 100 quid. If you prefer the decent stuff it's 100 a g. What makes up the other 2.5g? I would imagine a concoction of crap designed to mimic some of the effects, and this is the junk most of the kids are on!

The problem is there is too much money to be made so dealers are prepared to take risks, and accept the consequences when caught. Legalisation isn't popular, but it would take a lot of money out of the hands of dealers whilst proving a consistent quality of product. Would lead to less od's, while giving the govt funds to invest in education and early intervention.

Let's be honest, folk on here who take coke are not going to stop because of this thread, or any other strongly worded message for that matter, the horse has already bolted. Getting in early, ie primary school, and get a realistic message put to kids. Not 'drugs are bad' or 'you are going to die if you take this' because for most people, their first time of taking drugs will be complete opposite. It will be enjoyable and exciting so the message is instantly lost on these folk. Be honest from the start, 'take this and you will probably feel great, you will enjoy yourself and it will open your mind, BUT.... Insert appropriate warning.

An example is the leah bates thing with es where it was made out that she died from taking es when in reality it was her misunderstanding of a 'warning' to drink plenty water when on an e, she effectively drowned herself. The illusion that all drugs are bad is quickly seen as nonsense if you have had a good time on them and come out the other side unscathed. I belive at one point there was more than 1million ecstasy pills taken each weekend in the UK. How many people died? Not that many tbh. So that is an example of scare tactics not really working.

Kato
19-03-2019, 05:38 PM
And that is a problem. Who knows what these kids are shoveling up their noses as it ain't 'coke' in the sense you are talking about. It has been cut that many times that you can now get 3.5g for 100 quid. If you prefer the decent stuff it's 100 a g. What makes up the other 2.5g? I would imagine a concoction of crap designed to mimic some of the effects, and this is the junk most of the kids are on!

The problem is there is too much money to be made so dealers are prepared to take risks, and accept the consequences when caught. Legalisation isn't popular, but it would take a lot of money out of the hands of dealers whilst proving a consistent quality of product. Would lead to less od's, while giving the govt funds to invest in education and early intervention.

Let's be honest, folk on here who take coke are not going to stop because of this thread, or any other strongly worded message for that matter, the horse has already bolted. Getting in early, ie primary school, and get a realistic message put to kids. Not 'drugs are bad' or 'you are going to die if you take this' because for most people, their first time of taking drugs will be complete opposite. It will be enjoyable and exciting so the message is instantly lost on these folk. Be honest from the start, 'take this and you will probably feel great, you will enjoy yourself and it will open your mind, BUT.... Insert appropriate warning.

An example is the leah bates thing with es where it was made out that she died from taking es when in reality it was her misunderstanding of a 'warning' to drink plenty water when on an e, she effectively drowned herself. The illusion that all drugs are bad is quickly seen as nonsense if you have had a good time on them and come out the other side unscathed. I belive at one point there was more than 1million ecstasy pills taken each weekend in the UK. How many people died? Not that many tbh. So that is an example of scare tactics not really working.

Great post.

HibeeHibernian4
19-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Won't clutter the thread by quoting it but also think it was a great post from beensaidbefore. We could save so many more lives by having a grown up conversation about drugs instead of trying to puritanically scare kids into not taking them.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2019, 07:29 PM
***** drug and God only knows what is in half the garbage these guys are hoovering up. I was out the other week and a guy tried to sell me a gram for £25; **** knows what was in that gram but I'll bet it wasn't a lot of cocaine.

I agree with others that we need a sensible conversation about drugs in this country about what the actual drug experience is like for most people (probably quite fun). There also has to be a way to ensure purity and quality and keep people relatively safe. There's not many votes to be won saying such things though so it's unlikely to happen in the near future.

J-C
19-03-2019, 07:34 PM

Cheers for the reply and good post mate, a lot of sense. :agree:

silverhibee
19-03-2019, 10:51 PM
***** drug and God only knows what is in half the garbage these guys are hoovering up. I was out the other week and a guy tried to sell me a gram for £25; **** knows what was in that gram but I'll bet it wasn't a lot of cocaine.

I agree with others that we need a sensible conversation about drugs in this country about what the actual drug experience is like for most people (probably quite fun). There also has to be a way to ensure purity and quality and keep people relatively safe. There's not many votes to be won saying such things though so it's unlikely to happen in the near future.

I would say that the purity of cocaine in Edinburgh is probably at its highest right now, yes there will s**t stuff doing the rounds but there have been plenty trials of late of folk found to have it and the purity has been about 70% but you will have to pay more to get it.

There is probably more cocaine users than there is heroin and hash smokers put together nowadays.

It is rife, epidemic proportions and the police have lost the battle against this drug in the UK.

monktonharp
19-03-2019, 11:35 PM
They have sniffer dogs at the entrance to Musselburgh Races now to rightly deter folks from taking it in. Absolutely no reason not to do the same at Easter Road.the very thought of this sheite is totally Alien to me. f/kin hell what is gaun oan/ I used to go to the dogs, at Powderhall and all you bothered about was if a dug had eat a pie!

monktonharp
19-03-2019, 11:38 PM
somedy wi drugs oan them, shoot them. end of and problem solved. too many buggers along ma street dae'n it and I hope it all goes tits up for any o' them

SRHibs
19-03-2019, 11:41 PM
somedy wi drugs oan them, shoot them. end of and problem solved. too many buggers along ma street dae'n it and I hope it all goes tits up for any o' them

lol. Posted after a few pints, of course...

SRHibs
19-03-2019, 11:46 PM

Test kits are relatively cheap so it could be an idea to distribute those. The problem is, the ***** that’s getting mixed in with the coke is usually just a combination of other cheaper illicit drugs, which forms a dangerous cocktail. Not going to put people off taking it though.

There are also more accessible ways of testing purity without the need for a kit.

monktonharp
20-03-2019, 12:07 AM
lol. Posted after a few pints, of course...not at all. only a couple of Chardonnays. lol despite that, are you in some way saying I am silly to have thoughts this way/ I have worked all my life, payed my way and brought up a family. I still still live in the area that I did all those, and yet some rodents are able to roam ma streets high on whatever they are on, causing grief to ordinary decent people daily. dinnae get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monktonharp
20-03-2019, 12:14 AM
Test kits are relatively cheap so it could be an idea to distribute those. The problem is, the ***** that’s getting mixed in with the coke is usually just a combination of other cheaper illicit drugs, which forms a dangerous cocktail. Not going to put people off taking it though.

There are also more accessible ways of testing purity without the need for a kit.half my age, slagging me off. seem to be quite up to speed with all the test kits though. had a wee sniff yersel at times? you seem quite "measured" when it comes to what is required, for noticing the effects or possible after effects. quite knowledgeable are you.?

monktonharp
20-03-2019, 12:16 AM
btw, as far as coke is concerned, I think it comes in a dark bottle. James Dean used to drink it.

monktonharp
20-03-2019, 12:24 AM
I would say that the purity of cocaine in Edinburgh is probably at its highest right now, yes there will s**t stuff doing the rounds but there have been plenty trials of late of folk found to have it and the purity has been about 70% but you will have to pay more to get it.

There is probably more cocaine users than there is heroin and hash smokers put together nowadays.

It is rife, epidemic proportions and the police have lost the battle against this drug in the UK.Is it not more to do with the fact that non users seem quite at ease, or knowledgable about what is really going on amongst the? Do people actually bother telling people that can do anything to stop it? why do you know so much about the purity? I am aghast

silverhibee
20-03-2019, 12:43 AM
Is it not more to do with the fact that non users seem quite at ease, or knowledgable about what is really going on amongst the? Do people actually bother telling people that can do anything to stop it? why do you know so much about the purity? I am aghast

As I said in my post, I have read about court cases where folk caught with it in Edinburgh and the purity is high, I'm a clean living dude. :thumbsup:

SRHibs
20-03-2019, 12:48 AM
not at all. only a couple of Chardonnays. lol despite that, are you in some way saying I am silly to have thoughts this way/ I have worked all my life, payed my way and brought up a family. I still still live in the area that I did all those, and yet some rodents are able to roam ma streets high on whatever they are on, causing grief to ordinary decent people daily. dinnae get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, drugs that cause anti-social behaviour are a nightmare!

SRHibs
20-03-2019, 12:52 AM
half my age, slagging me off. seem to be quite up to speed with all the test kits though. had a wee sniff yersel at times? you seem quite "measured" when it comes to what is required, for noticing the effects or possible after effects. quite knowledgeable are you.?

Slagging you off? The point was clearly lost on you if you think I was slagging you off. And it's not something I typically do now, but trying drugs recreationally isn't anything to be ashamed of, IMO.

heid the baw
20-03-2019, 09:41 AM
Police the areas where you think drugs are being used within the stadium . Use trained, assertive stewards, not just random £8.50 an hour, hi-vis jacket fillers. Make sure they are marked out as specific anti-drug stewards. Put up signage acknowledgeing the problem and outlining your zero tolerance and banning policies. Encourage reporting of drug misuse.
It is not helpful to view it as society's problem, that's a whole different debate. All the club has to worry about is managing their premises for about 2 hours every fortnight so that anyone can go along and enjoy the game without being exposed to behaviour which has no place at football.

CapitalGreen
20-03-2019, 09:54 AM
half my age, slagging me off. seem to be quite up to speed with all the test kits though. had a wee sniff yersel at times? you seem quite "measured" when it comes to what is required, for noticing the effects or possible after effects. quite knowledgeable are you.?

People should be made to take drug and alcohol tests before posting on hibs.net

Smartie
20-03-2019, 10:00 AM
I've been against the stuff since John Squire got into it in a big way leading to the break-up of the Stone Roses (first time round).

Since452
20-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Slagging you off? The point was clearly lost on you if you think I was slagging you off. And it's not something I typically do now, but trying drugs recreationally isn't anything to be ashamed of, IMO.

I agree. Cocaine doesn't just turn you into an idiot either. Plenty people i know have taken it and been perfectly well behaved. It's the same as alcohol. If you're a bit of an idiot normally,the chances are excessive drink or drugs will exaggerate that. That's not saying i condone people taking it in public though but what people do privately is up to them.

Sean1875
20-03-2019, 11:21 AM
I agree. Cocaine doesn't just turn you into an idiot either. Plenty people i know have taken it and been perfectly well behaved. It's the same as alcohol. If you're a bit of an idiot normally,the chances are excessive drink or drugs will exaggerate that. That's not saying i condone people taking it in public though but what people do privately is up to them.

Spot on. I actually know a few people who are a lot nicer and better behaved on Cocaine than on the drink.

monktonharp
21-03-2019, 12:06 AM
help me please. I have drink my quota for this evening. not really, but the bottle is empty. can someone bring this magical Cocaine round to me? I promise it's only for recreational purposes and I wont try and be the first to flip off the new Queensferry Crossing.:rolleyes:

Since90+2
21-03-2019, 04:42 AM
help me please. I have drink my quota for this evening. not really, but the bottle is empty. can someone bring this magical Cocaine round to me? I promise it's only for recreational purposes and I wont try and be the first to flip off the new Queensferry Crossing.:rolleyes:

Flip off the Queensferry crossing? What a classless and idiotic thing to say.

Heisenberg
21-03-2019, 05:30 AM

You should probably give up posting when you’re pished. Absolutely dreadful patter that makes you look like a bit of a dick.

Hibernian Verse
21-03-2019, 06:07 AM
You should probably give up posting when you’re pished. Absolutely dreadful patter that makes you look like a bit of a dick.Which is ironic because he's spent half his time saying that there are idiots on his street that are taking gear and making a nuisance of themselves. Looks like alcohol is his vice!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
21-03-2019, 06:08 AM
Is it not more to do with the fact that non users seem quite at ease, or knowledgable about what is really going on amongst the? Do people actually bother telling people that can do anything to stop it? why do you know so much about the purity? I am aghast

Nae way I'm poisoning my body wi all that *****. Aw they chemicals? Nae ****ing way.

.Sean.
21-03-2019, 09:03 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Never change Monktonharp. Your pished ramblings fairly make us all smile on a daily basis of the morning.

skankomcphee
09-04-2022, 05:45 PM
This drug has a messianic hold over many young Scottish men and I honest dread to think where it might end. Scores of youngsters wandering around Tynecastle like zombies today as a consequence of it, and behaving like complete and utter melts in the process. It’s a menace on society, yet nobody is willing to do anything about it.

Rondon
09-04-2022, 06:08 PM
This drug has a messianic hold over many young Scottish men and I honest dread to think where it might end. Scores of youngsters wandering around Tynecastle like zombies today as a consequence of it, and behaving like complete and utter melts in the process. It’s a menace on society, yet nobody is willing to do anything about it.

How can anyone do anything about an already illegal drug that an individual decides to take???

Mick O'Rourke
09-04-2022, 06:52 PM
How can anyone do anything about an already illegal drug that an individual decides to take???

:fishin:

:a bite:

:greengrin