PDA

View Full Version : David Gray injury...

Bob Box Fish
16-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Any news on how he is ?

CallumLaidlaw
16-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Any news on how he is ?

Heck indicated it was precaution and expected to be fine by Livvy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Box Fish
16-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Heck indicated it was precaution and expected to be fine by Livvy

That’s good news.

Hibeesmad
16-03-2019, 08:05 PM
Hopefully just a precaution as mentioned. He does go down needing treatment almost every match, hopefully he can have a good summer getting it sorted and sign on the dotted line.

Heisenberg
16-03-2019, 08:10 PM
Second time this season he’s injured himself putting in a late challenge. I fear he won’t be here next season due to his injury troubles.

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 08:10 PM
We have hardly lost a game when he’s played this season.

Living legend.

How many goals has he scored since cup final winner ?

RoYO!
16-03-2019, 08:13 PM
And how long do you want the contract to be David?

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Second time this season he’s injured himself putting in a late challenge. I fear he won’t be here next season due to his injury troubles.Utter nonsense...he makes us tick as a team

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
16-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Hibs retweeted someones son getting a photo with him after the game and he had one of those moonboots on

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Why hasn’t he signed his new contract yet? He makes us tick.

wookie70
16-03-2019, 08:31 PM
I thought he was pretty poor today but he still seems to have a positive effect on the team in terms of performance and results just by his desire to work hard and the clear hurt he shows when he does something wrong. I hope he manages to get injury free as he will be difficult to replace.

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Hibs retweeted someones son getting a photo with him after the game and he had one of those moonboots on

Just seen the picture..slight worry.

Considering we don’t have many options at right back either..

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:34 PM
I thought he was pretty poor today but he still seems to have a positive effect on the team in terms of performance and results just by his desire to work hard and the clear hurt he shows when he does something wrong. I hope he manages to get injury free as he will be difficult to replace.

He had a couple of misplaced passes but defensively he was very good then his goal.

Crab apple
16-03-2019, 08:34 PM
We're a better and more effective team when SDG plays. He provides leadership and drive.

Golden Bear
16-03-2019, 08:53 PM
We're a better and more effective team when SDG plays. He provides leadership and drive.

Couldn't agree more. He's a born leader and a shining example to his teammates. Hopefully we'll see him in a Hibs jersey for at least another couple of years.

Famous Fiver
16-03-2019, 08:56 PM
What a napper the laddie's got!

Best since Alan Gordon.

Heisenberg
16-03-2019, 08:57 PM
Utter nonsense...he makes us tick as a team

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m not saying he’s not a good player for us, he is. He’s clearly struggled with injury this season and it’s affected the team. He might get a new deal but not as a reliable first choice.

Onion
16-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Sir David Gray is a Living Legend. Can only hope he stays fit and continues to do all he does for Hibernian FC.

When are Hibs going to get that statue built ?

B.H.F.C
16-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Why hasn’t he signed his new contract yet? He makes us tick.

Needs to prove he’s fit.

Great when there. Needs to be more than 15 games a season though.

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2019, 09:11 PM
He was limping at end of first half, limped out to start the second then went down and off. Absolutely pointless exercise him coming back out.

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 10:56 PM
I’m told he plays through pain most weeks.

Such a shame as he’s a fantastic leader and his header today definitely brought back memories of the cup final.

16-03-2019, 11:02 PM
God. Give him a contract for life.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:31 PM
Needs to prove he’s fit.

He doesn’t need to prove anything. He is the driving force of the whole team.

Shrekko
16-03-2019, 11:36 PM
God. Give him a contract for life.

He’ll be part of the club as long as he wants to be... think that’s certain

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 11:49 PM
SDG is not the most talented player we have but he is the most influential. We play better when he is in the team. As for his constant injuries, i get the feeling he could protect himself more if he stopped stretching into tackles.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2019, 11:51 PM
I’m told he plays through pain most weeks.

Such a shame as he’s a fantastic leader and his header today definitely brought back memories of the cup final.I don't get this, he was out for 6 months last season, he shouldn't be playing with any pain, it should've been sorted during that time. He's had nothing more than impact injuries this season hasn't he? they shouldn't be causing him constant pain.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 11:58 PM
I don't get this, he was out for 6 months last season, he shouldn't be playing with any pain, it should've been sorted during that time. He's had nothing more than impact injuries this season hasn't he? they shouldn't be causing him constant pain. A player who breaks down as much as him is probably never 100 percent fit anyway. I get the feeling he just gets patched up each week and sent out.

Buc
17-03-2019, 12:54 AM
A player who breaks down as much as him is probably never 100 percent fit anyway. I get the feeling he just gets patched up each week and sent out.
Was lucky enough to speak to SDG after the match. He said the boot was a precaution and he hoped to be ok in a couple of weeks,i.e. for the next game.

CMurdoch
17-03-2019, 01:02 AM
Was lucky enough to speak to SDG after the match. He said the boot was a precaution and he hoped to be ok in a couple of weeks,i.e. for the next game.

Good to hear

stoneyburn hibs
17-03-2019, 01:09 AM
He was limping at end of first half, limped out to start the second then went down and off. Absolutely pointless exercise him coming back out.

He obviously thought he could maybe run it off.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2019, 01:31 AM
Gray is finished imo. Shoot me down if you want. A coaching job awaits me me thinks.

hibbydog
17-03-2019, 07:19 AM
Gray is finished imo. Shoot me down if you want. A coaching job awaits me me thinks.

Ok. I’ll bite. 😀

I can see your point. He’s missed much of the season and he is part of Hibs major squad problem left by Neil Lennon - ie the majority of our defenders are too old and Should be replaced.

And I totally get the argument that there’s no room for sentient.

But.....this is Sir David Gray. Scorer of the most important goal in the history of our club. We’ve never had such a iconic player that unites the fans and team. He sums up what it means to pull on a hibs jersey.

Not the best hibs player of all time. Nowhere near it to be honest. But definitely my all time favourite and I get a major buzz when he scores a header.

The fans/ players really connect with him and it gives the whole place a lift. It would be foolish not to take the chance to benefit from that.

2 year deal. Coaching role after. Freedom of the city.

Utter Legend.

eastcoasthibby
17-03-2019, 07:44 AM
SDG is a proper right back who when playing and fit enough gives us, a balance as a defender, a decent attacking threat getting forward in wide areas, is very decent in the air and gets his fair share of goals, he leads on the park with his personality and is a winner. The question before any contract is offered and signed will be just how fit is he to carry on playing, can he play enough games to be an asset to the team on the pitch, cos we know he is an asset to the squad as a leader of it. Whatever, transpires I would love him to stay, but more than happy that Heckingbottom will make the right call with it.

Scouse Hibee
17-03-2019, 08:15 AM

A player who is finished does not contribute as much as he does to the team, struggling with injuries yes but his performances suggest far from finished.

Allant1981
17-03-2019, 09:14 AM

Why bother even typing that out, he will be fine for the livi game and will play every match until the end of the season if fit

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Needs to prove he’s fit.

He's played 19 games so far this season and we've got 13 games left.

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 09:21 AM

I was surprised he started the second half as well.

Overall, he had quite a lot of misplaced chances but he scored a cracking goal, so I'm not complaining.

B.H.F.C
17-03-2019, 09:23 AM

How many has he missed? And how many did he miss last season?

Makes a big difference when available but availability has been an issue. I get what people say about him driving the team on but he can’t do that from the stand.

And we only have 8 games left.

bingo70
17-03-2019, 09:25 AM
I don’t want to talk for Hermit but I think I know what he meant.

He’s clearly not finished in that he needs to retire however I think as our first choice right back he’ll be replaced next season. I’d love him to be kept on and provide competition for whoever comes in and I wouldn’t rule out him winning his place back but I think we needing to be looking for someone who is a bit less injury prone.

bingo70
17-03-2019, 09:26 AM

Does that include European games and any idea how many 90 minutes he completed?

Allant1981
17-03-2019, 09:28 AM

Makes a big difference when available but availability has been an issue. I get what people say about him driving the team on but he can’t do that from the stand.

He was fit for a while and Lennon wouldn't play him

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Does that include European games and any idea how many 90 minutes he completed?

It doesn't include European games.

I don't know how many minutes.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 09:34 AM

Yes, 8 left, my mistake.

JimBHibees
17-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Seems like the same injury would guess ankle ligaments or Achilles. Done his Achilles last season so maybe ongoing issues.

erin go bragh
17-03-2019, 09:47 AM
Sir David Gray is a Living Legend. Can only hope he stays fit and continues to do all he does for Hibernian FC.

When are Hibs going to get that statue built ?

We should name the away stand after him . The Sir David Gray stand .
I

Hibby Kay-Yay
17-03-2019, 09:58 AM
We tend to win more often than not when he’s in the team so for that reason why should we get rid of him?

If there’s a better right back available for us then fine, but I’d always feel better about having SDG available to come on from the bench than not having him at all.

jax67
17-03-2019, 10:52 AM
He doesn’t need to prove anything. He is the driving force of the whole team.

He certainly is! His challenge on Morelos v them
Gave us the impetus to almost snatch the three points.

Onion
17-03-2019, 11:00 AM
Ok. I’ll bite. 😀

I can see your point. He’s missed much of the season and he is part of Hibs major squad problem left by Neil Lennon - ie the majority of our defenders are too old and Should be replaced.

But.....this is Sir David Gray. Scorer of the most important goal in the history of our club. We’ve never had such a iconic player that unites the fans and team. He sums up what it means to pull on a hibs jersey.

Not the best hibs player of all time. Nowhere near it to be honest. But definitely my all time favourite and I get a major buzz when he scores a header.

The fans/ players really connect with him and it gives the whole place a lift. It would be foolish not to take the chance to benefit from that.

Utter Legend.

Hear hear ! SDG is as honest a player as you could hope to find. I'm sure when the time comes and he feels he's unable to play to the level he expects/demands of himself, he'll say so. If there is one player (or person) at Easter Road who we should not force out, it's David Gray.

We should retire his shirt number when he goes and build a statue in his name.

hibees 7062
17-03-2019, 11:05 AM
https://scontent.fbhx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/54430472_1980600382066536_5144020624624058368_o.jp g?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhx3-1.fna&oh=dfb399f6d102dc86015a554bf7e082bd&oe=5D13C763

hibbydog
17-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Hear hear ! SDG is as honest a player as you could hope to find. I'm sure when the time comes and he feels he's unable to play to the level he expects/demands of himself, he'll say so. If there is one player (or person) at Easter Road who we should not force out, it's David Gray.

We should retire his shirt number when he goes and build a statue in his name.

And he can marry my daughter if he wants

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 12:00 PM

I hope not.

You coaching?
Half the players would have topped themselves after the first session after being convinced of just how hopeless they had become.

Hibbyradge
17-03-2019, 03:31 PM
I hope not.

You coaching?
Half the players would have topped themselves after the first session after being convinced of just how hopeless they had become.

:tee hee:

eastcoasthibby
17-03-2019, 04:34 PM
He was fit for a while and Lennon wouldn't play him

Yeh another question mark over what was actually going on with Lennon and the.players ...

dp00
17-03-2019, 08:40 PM
I’m sure Leeann has already said that SDG will have a role at the club for as long as he wants

04Sauzee
17-03-2019, 09:15 PM
I’m sure Leeann has already said that SDG will have a role at the club for as long as he wants

I think she said if it was up to her, she said this when talking about Gray, McGregor and Stevenson I'm sure

Besties Debut
17-03-2019, 11:01 PM
Ok. I’ll bite. 😀

Utter Legend. How do you feel about Stokes. The man who really did win us the cup and whose feet didn’t touch the ground when he was sacked for letting off a fire extinguisher

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 11:50 PM
How do you feel about Stokes. The man who really did win us the cup and whose feet didn’t touch the ground when he was sacked for letting off a fire extinguisher

I'm not sure it was quite as simple as that - in fact I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

He certainly played a big part in that result though and rightly should be considered a Hibs Hero.
:thumbsup:

Smartie
18-03-2019, 08:07 AM
How do you feel about Stokes. The man who really did win us the cup and whose feet didn’t touch the ground when he was sacked for letting off a fire extinguisher

The fire extinguisher incident was the last in a long list of disciplinary breaches that put Stokes' manager in a very difficult position.

And I'm pretty sure that David Gray would agree that many more than one or two people won us the cup.

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 08:25 AM
Watching the first half on Saturday I kept thinking to myself SDG looked finished

He looked slow caught for pace against younger quicker fitter players and more often than not late in the challenge where he risks injuring himself as well as the opposition player

Then he pops up with a brilliant headed second goal

LD (Kaleeshi) says he will always have a job at Easter Road as he is and will forever be a club legend

I think we see where this season takes us and review the SDG situation in the summer

Smartie
18-03-2019, 08:53 AM
Watching the first half on Saturday I kept thinking to myself SDG looked finished

He looked slow caught for pace against younger quicker fitter players and more often than not late in the challenge where he risks injuring himself as well as the opposition player

Then he pops up with a brilliant headed second goal

LD (Kaleeshi) says he will always have a job at Easter Road as he is and will forever be a club legend

I think we see where this season takes us and review the SDG situation in the summer

I didn't think he looked finished at all.

He was up against a very tricky and quick player who has been causing teams a lot of problems and yes, he was skinned once or twice.

Most of the game I thought he had him under control whilst supporting our attack well going forward.

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 08:59 AM
I didn't think he looked finished at all.

He was up against a very tricky and quick player who has been causing teams a lot of problems and yes, he was skinned once or twice.

Most of the game I thought he had him under control whilst supporting our attack well going forward.

Hope you are right and I am wrong but the clock is ticking. :greengrin

Smartie
18-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Hope you are right and I am wrong but the clock is ticking. :greengrin

Ashley Cole just got a contract from Derby at (?) 38.

The clock ticks faster for some than others.

He's not an old man.

Famous Fiver
18-03-2019, 09:03 AM
The clock's ticking for us all. What does that have to do with his ability at this moment?

Couldn't care what age he is, he is good enough to be right back in our present team.

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Ashley Cole just got a contract from Derby at (?) 38.

The clock ticks faster for some than others.

He's not an old man.

Are you old enough to remember Arthur Duncan?

He seemed to last longer once moved further back and went on to rack up a record number of appearances

I agree with what you say and as I said I hope I am wrong but I had this voice in the back of my head on Saturday saying he looked finished. :confused:

BILLYHIBS
18-03-2019, 09:16 AM
The clock's ticking for us all. What does that have to do with his ability at this moment?

Couldn't care what age he is, he is good enough to be right back in our present team.

Who mentioned age?

I agree with you if he can keep himself fit and free of injury first pick all day long and is an excellent attacking option

On Saturday he looked off the pace got injured and had to go off after scoring an excellent headed goal

Hopefully he can bounce back and shake off this injury and be back to his best

This season he has been dogged by injury

As you get older you find it harder to shake off niggling knocks. :greengrin

JimBHibees
18-03-2019, 10:16 AM

What a crock that is. Not get much attention over the weekend. :greengrin

J-C
18-03-2019, 10:25 AM
He took a sore one in a heavy 50-50 challenge, he tried to run it off, jeez he even threw his bruised body at the ball to score. The big boot will be for the swelling and keep it compressed.

SteveHFC
18-03-2019, 10:41 AM
:top marks
https://scontent.fbhx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/54430472_1980600382066536_5144020624624058368_o.jp g?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhx3-1.fna&oh=dfb399f6d102dc86015a554bf7e082bd&oe=5D13C763

calumhibee1
18-03-2019, 10:48 AM
Our best player due to being our most influential.