PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom

MSK
16-03-2019, 04:55 PM
Deserves a thread of his own

Unbeaten since his arrival (bar the celtc game) keep up the good work, things starting to come together, cant wait until Allan comes in along with a few other signings 👍

cleanyman
16-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Has provided the lift in the league we were needing

Excellent

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 04:57 PM
I’m feeling very optimistic about things right now and whatever happens next he’s earned the right to build his own squad this summer and give the league a real crack next season.

wookie70
16-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Deserves a thread of his own

Unbeaten since his arrival (bar the celtc game) keep up the good work, things starting to come together, cant wait until Allan comes in along with a few other signings 👍

Amazing what he has achieved giving belief and heart to players who looked like they had given up. 13 out of 15 points and looking to push up the table further. Hopefully he is doing enough to make the Lennon FC brigade start to come out of mourning.

green day
16-03-2019, 05:00 PM
13 points out of 15

Am I wrong, but is that a better run than Lennon managed all season?

Mcpakeisgod
Always a wee lift when someone new comes in , but for some reason this chap is filling me with confidence . There’s no doubt Lennon had to go so looking forward to this new chapter !

Crab apple
13 points out of 15

Am I wrong, but is that a better run than Lennon managed all season?

It’s our best run this season.

tamig
16-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Doing tremendously well and even more admirable given the threadbare nature of the squad just now. Still can’t believe some were questioning his appointment at ht in the hun game. Ridiculous behaviour.

Sean1875
16-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Night and day to how things were when Lennon left, very very encouraging start and that’s with a team that is still depleted with injuries too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
16-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Without wanting to go over old ground i can't help but wonder where would have been if our previous manager was still here. We we're 8th and going backwards. It's been an incredible transformation and the players have really taken to him

matty_f
16-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Doing tremendously well and even more admirable given the threadbare nature of the squad just now. Still can’t believe some were questioning his appointment at ht in the hun game. Ridiculous behaviour.

The point about the squad is significant. We had 12 senior players available today, and he lost his first choice right back during the game.

We were very good today, we could have scored a few more than we did but we've got better each game under Heckingbottom.

calumhibee1
16-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Apologies I’ve just dragged up an old Heckingbottom thread, didn’t see this one. What a breath of fresh air he’s been. Superb run were on and I would never have predicted us being pretty much guaranteed top 6 with 3 games to go. I didn’t even fancy us to get there in January to be honest.

MSK
16-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Has provided the lift in the league we were needing

ExcellentAgree, 8th was looking grim, it might not be pretty at times but he is obviously doing something right along with Stockdale, the players are responding, onwards and upwards 👍

MSK
16-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Apologies I’ve just dragged up an old Heckingbottom thread, didn’t see this one. What a breath of fresh air he’s been. Superb run were on and I would never have predicted us being pretty much guaranteed top 6 with 3 games to go. I didn’t even fancy us to get there in January to be honest.No probs mate, guy deserves the praise 👍

Jim44
16-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Without wanting to go over old ground i can't help but wonder where would have been if our previous manager was still here. We we're 8th and going backwards. It's been an incredible transformation and the players have really taken to him

Don’t worry too much about Lennon. His reputation and stock will survive at Parkhead where any Tom, Dick or Harry could win almost every game. He was under the spotlight at the end at ER and I’m sure he was relieved to get away, especially landing on his feet at Celtic Park, whether by design or sheer luck.

Kaff
16-03-2019, 05:20 PM
Amazing what he has achieved giving belief and heart to players who looked like they had given up. 13 out of 15 points and looking to push up the table further. Hopefully he is doing enough to make the Lennon FC brigade start to come out of mourning.

And making the most of the signings football department made when we had no permanent head coach, turns out they knew what they were doing too!
Spector signed at a perfect time too if SDG is going to miss games, squad slowly being strentghened with depth after suspensions and couple of injuries clear up. Youngsters helping with that too.
Heck showing he's a proper manager using what's available to its maximum

Ozyhibby
16-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Great start to his career. We look very organised.
I wonder if playing with one up front is the way he will go next season or if he is just doing that because we need the extra body in midfield just now?

Northernhibee
16-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Wish we had gotten him in a lot sooner. Fantastic results.

we are hibs
16-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Doing a great job so far with a squad that isn't his. Can't wait to see what he does in the summer.

Whisper it but 4th and possibly europe is within touching distance. We will need to improve in the big games though as we have come up short against Aberdeen and hearts badly this season.

WhileTheChief..
16-03-2019, 05:36 PM

A crowd of over 17k suggests that the “Lennon FC brigade” are well and truly supporting our new manager.

Thats because they are Hibs fans, despite what you’re suggesting.

Slavers
16-03-2019, 05:44 PM
The man is a class act. He speaks well and came into a club that seemed to be in turmoil and being slated in the press. Now the press are all brown nosing the Heckingbottom!

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Got off to a great start and considering the lengthy injury list he's doing great with the extremely limited options available to him. Such a refreshing change watching a settled team playing to their strengths every week rather than an episode of the Lennon Lotto which was happening pretty much every week. Mon the Heck

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The Modfather
16-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Heckingbottom is a born winner :agree:

Onion
16-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Dream start for The Heck. Now need to see how he does against the top 6 - something which Lennon always seemed to relish and do well in. Other teams will not be looking forward to meeting Hibs in next few weeks.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Fantastic appointment. Well done everyone at the club in getting him in.

Col2
16-03-2019, 06:33 PM

This is the key point for me. We have next to no options as squad incredibly thin. Today we have a midfielder in defense and a left back who has to go right as SDG injured. To get 4 wins and draw from 5 games is remarkable. We are more orgnised, seem fitter, press more and look more dangerous. Add Boyle, Scott Allan, Porteous and a few of Heck’s signings and who knows what he can do. Players seem to love the training and the detailed analysis.

MSK
16-03-2019, 06:34 PM
This is the key point for me. We have next to no options as squad incredibly thin. Today we have a midfielder in defense and a left back who has to go right as SDG injured. To get 4 wins and draw from 5 games is remarkable. We are more orgnised, seem fitter, press more and look more dangerous. Add Boyle, Scott Allan, Porteous and a few of Heck’s signings and who knows what he can do. Players seem to love the training and the detailed analysis.Agree with all that 👍

Mibbes Aye
16-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Great start to his career. We look very organised.
I wonder if playing with one up front is the way he will go next season or if he is just doing that because we need the extra body in midfield just now?

While my heart says we should play our own way regardless, the pragmatist in me suggests that we will have to go stronger in midfield against at least some teams to avoid being overrun. Alternatively, we go heavy on the flanks to force teams to counter us out wide but I don't see how we can do that on both sides and play two up top, we would be too short in the middle unless we had the capacity to sign stellar players way beyond our wage levels.

Three at the back gives us scope, but again we need the right blend in the middle. I think the best we have ever seen of Hanlon was when he had Allen linking in with him and Stevenson, with Allen offering the pass to one of the other two and then threading it to the other.

Likeliest, is four at the back with four in mid and someone with a bit more freedom to switch from flank to flank and stretch the opposition but it will be interesting to see. I think he has a decent football head and can probably suss out most of his opponents in this league.

wookie70
16-03-2019, 06:42 PM
A crowd of over 17k suggests that the “Lennon FC brigade” are well and truly supporting our new manager.

Thats because they are Hibs fans, despite what you’re suggesting.

They might have bought a ticket but there are plenty who were still moaning about the Heck's appointment and how we were going to suffer, negative tactics, downgrade from Lennon etc. Hopefully, the excellent performance and result today, with probably the smallest squad to choose from all season, will have made them start to think we now have a boss that supports, motivates and organises players.

WestCoastHibby
16-03-2019, 06:50 PM
I took pelters about my misgivings on Lennon's departure and how it was handled.
However. P H is doing a grand job thus far.
Long may it continue

Hibeesmad
16-03-2019, 06:57 PM
We dodged a bullet with Appleton imo. So far so good with Heckingbottom, beat Hearts and he will become a star.

Crab apple
16-03-2019, 06:59 PM
I thought he came across very well in his post match interview today. Early days but he seems to have a steely determination about him.

Onceinawhile
16-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Not only does he come across well, but when he sets the team out, I can easily tell what the game plan is. That hadn't been the case for quite a bit of the season.

Players look like they are loving it.

Lago
16-03-2019, 07:05 PM
We dodged a bullet with Appleton imo. So far so good with Heckingbottom, beat Hearts and he will become a star.
Spot on

Leith Green
16-03-2019, 07:11 PM
I like the way we quietly go about our business under heckingbottom .. No side shows , no dramas .. Really looking forward to seeing us next season after a pre season and transfer window.

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 07:15 PM
I like the way we quietly go about our business under heckingbottom .. No side shows , no dramas .. Really looking forward to seeing us next season after a pre season and transfer window.

Yup. As much as Lennon raised our profile he also brought lots of attention.

Great start by the manager and has given us the new manager lift we were hoping for.

Players are loving playing for him too and feel like we have our team back.

04Sauzee
16-03-2019, 08:09 PM
When Heckingbottom took over at Easter road the 5th-8th positions looked like this with all teams having played 25 games.

5th Hearts 43 pts

6th St Johnstone 37 pts

7th Motherwell 33 Pts

8th Hibs 32 pts

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2019, 08:16 PM
Yup. As much as Lennon raised our profile he also brought lots of attention.

Great start by the manager and has given us the new manager lift we were hoping for.

Players are loving playing for him too and feel like we have our team back.

Not to be sniffed at - we rarely get the new manager bounce - be it Mogga, JC, AMcL, AM, AS, NL or the less feted TB, PF, MP or Sweetie bags.

Yogi had the best start and I think Hecky has equalled or surpassed.

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Neil who?

:duck:

:greengrin

Lancs Harp
16-03-2019, 08:30 PM
Well done so far Heck.

Got "us" mojo back.:wink::greengrin

Tug Wilson
16-03-2019, 08:40 PM
When Heckingbottom took over at Easter road the 5th-8th positions looked like this with all teams having played 25 games.

5th Hearts 43 pts

6th St Johnstone 37 pts

7th Motherwell 33 Pts

8th Hibs 32 pts

Fascinating

We have picked up 13 points whilst the others have picked up the following

Hearts 4 pts
Motherwell 7 pts
St Johnstone 1 pt

So we have won more points than the other 3 added together.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Fascinating

Hearts 4 pts
Motherwell 7 pts
St Johnstone 1 pt

Which is why I think top 6 is now safe. I can’t see Motherwell getting 6 points from their next 3 games.

All about catching Hearts and Killie now.

Godsahibby
16-03-2019, 08:44 PM
I think it is amazing what he is doing with half a team. I can’t remember a time when we were as weak as we are right now with players never mind a new manager coming in and managing what we have.

bingo70
16-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Which is why I think top 6 is now safe. I can’t see Motherwell getting 6 points from their next 3 games.

All about catching Hearts and Killie now.

If St Johnstone win their game in hand I don’t think they’re quite out of it just yet?

ian cruise
16-03-2019, 08:50 PM
There's a good chance we'll only get three more point before the split, however I'd obviously like to think otherwise.

Should that happen I hope people keep their heads and remember the signs of progress we've seen so far, to even be in the driving seat for top 6 now in remarkable considering how we looked at the end of last year.

Lancs Harp
16-03-2019, 08:51 PM
If St Johnstone win their game in hand I don’t think they’re quite out of it just yet?

True but their current form is pretty dismal. I wouldnt be sticking a pound on a St Johnstone win against anyone presently.

dalkeith stu
16-03-2019, 09:07 PM
There's a good chance we'll only get three more point before the split, however I'd obviously like to think otherwise.

Should that happen I hope people keep their heads and remember the signs of progress we've seen so far, to even be in the driving seat for top 6 now in remarkable considering how we looked at the end of last year.

Motherwell and St Johnstone play each other next so one or both could be stopped straight off. Motherwell also have the rangers and Aberdeen while St Johnstone have Killie away. We should be safe!!
Perfect scenario for us would be a motherwell win in a fortnight then they lose their next two!!

Crazyhorse
16-03-2019, 09:10 PM
While my heart says we should play our own way regardless, the pragmatist in me suggests that we will have to go stronger in midfield against at least some teams to avoid being overrun. Alternatively, we go heavy on the flanks to force teams to counter us out wide but I don't see how we can do that on both sides and play two up top, we would be too short in the middle unless we had the capacity to sign stellar players way beyond our wage levels.

Three at the back gives us scope, but again we need the right blend in the middle. I think the best we have ever seen of Hanlon was when he had Allen linking in with him and Stevenson, with Allen offering the pass to one of the other two and then threading it to the other.

Likeliest, is four at the back with four in mid and someone with a bit more freedom to switch from flank to flank and stretch the opposition but it will be interesting to see. I think he has a decent football head and can probably suss out most of his opponents in this league.

I agree about us trying to ensure cover right across midfield but I think personnel can be more important than tactics sometimes and bringing in McNulty has been central to our change of fortunes this season.

wookie70
16-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Fascinating

Hearts 4 pts
Motherwell 7 pts
St Johnstone 1 pt

Aberdeen have only picked up 6 points and Killie 5 since Heck took over so we are the form team of those looking for the 3rd European spot. It's a tough ask to keep this going with such a tiny pool of first team players but far more likely when we have momentum and a manager that can get players playing to a system so their whole is bigger than their combined parts. Can't wait to see where we finish and really looking forward to a team with Heck at the helm with his own players.

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Aberdeen have only picked up 6 points and Killie 5 since Heck took over so we are the form team of those looking for the 3rd European spot. It's a tough ask to keep this going with such a tiny pool of first team players but far more likely when we have momentum and a manager that can get players playing to a system so their whole is bigger than their combined parts. Can't wait to see where we finish and really looking forward to a team with Heck at the helm with his own players.

I would love to think 3rd place was possible but I think that would be too much of a challenge. We'd do fantastically well to reach 4th.

So much for the predictions from some that our season was over.

wookie70
16-03-2019, 11:06 PM
I would love to think 3rd place was possible but I think that would be too much of a challenge. We'd do fantastically well to reach 4th.

So much for the predictions from some that our season was over.

To be even thinking it is a long shot is fairly remarkable from the position Heck started, the loss of Efe and the injury and suspension situation. Getting into Europe would be a major achievement but even a solid top six and a couple of wins to show us what can be next season will be very important to next years season ticket sales.

Jamesie
16-03-2019, 11:11 PM
One for the stattos - has any new manager taking over the Hibs job whilst the club was in the Premier League ever had a better start than this?

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:26 PM

This big time.

When Heck’s came in top six was looking like a bonus based on form under our former head coach which was highlighted that night against today’s opponents. The boost in revenue to next season now top six looks assured can’t be overlooked too. It’s been a fantastic appointment and even if we do go on to “just” finish 6th the signs of progress are clearly there.

JOD
16-03-2019, 11:29 PM
I took pelters about my misgivings on Lennon's departure and how it was handled.
However. P H is doing a grand job thus far.
Long may it continue
I am the same long may it continue

👍

RyeSloan
16-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Not only does he come across well, but when he sets the team out, I can easily tell what the game plan is. That hadn't been the case for quite a bit of the season.

Players look like they are loving it.

In his first interviews he repeatedly stated that his style was to make it as simple as possible for the players to understand their roles.

That’s came over loud and clear in their performances.

So far so impressive from Heck [emoji106][emoji106]

stoneyburn hibs
17-03-2019, 12:01 AM
It's quite simply a proper managed team. New manager professionally doing what he's paid for. Lennon's record at Hibs was great but his ego was greater.

Ozyhibby
17-03-2019, 12:30 AM

If we lose our next three games then Motherwell need to win 2 out of their 3 games. (St. Johnstone, Aberdeen and Sevco)
St. Johnstone would need to win 3 out of 4. (St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee and Killie)
Livi would need to win all three. (Us, accies and Celtic)

CMurdoch
17-03-2019, 12:33 AM
New manager plays players in their correct positions and does not ask them to do things they are not capable of.
The team is organised and the players look like they know what they are doing.

January loan players McNulty & Omeonga have made the difference to the team we have been looking for since the start of the season.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2019, 12:46 AM

I don't know about questioning his appointment, but there's a wee bit of revisionism going on here already …. The Sunday before we had all but capitulated to Celtic in as tepid a performance as I've seen from a Hibs team in a good few years, it was like a throwback to the days where Hibs teams took the field against Celtic or Rangers looking like they were already beaten and hoping to keep the score respectable ….. I hated every second of it.

We played exactly the same way against Sevco in that first half and got played off the park as a result, we were damned lucky we weren't 3 - 0 down at half time and everybody knows it. In the second half we actually began to show some attacking intent and it changed the game getting us a deserved draw in the end.

I am happy to concede that given his lack of ammunition Heckingbottom maybe thought that was the only way he could set up against both of the uglies and he went against his nature in doing so. I certainly hope so, because I for one do not want to see us taking on the bigger teams in the league and handing them the initiative from the word go like we did in both of those games, especially at Easter Road … if we do we will lose far more than we will win.

Its so far so good though and you certainly cant argue with the results, especially with the threadbare squad he has, he is doing the things that Neil Lennon seemed incapable of doing with this squad and that's getting them organised and motivated. All I'm saying is that for me its still a bit of wait and see before Heckingbottom fully convinces me that he's the guy to take us to the fabled 'next level' but I wouldn't argue against him being given a transfer window at least, no matter where we finish this season.

Forza Fred
17-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Ph’s run will inevitably come to an end at some point, but thankfully he has silenced most of the early doubters.

He strikes me as very professional who does not feel the need to perform in a theatrical manner.

Also on the plus side, it’s good that our manager doesn’t get asked about Celtic every press conference��

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2019, 12:51 AM
Ph’s run will inevitably come to an end at some point, but thankfully he has silenced most of the early doubters.

He strikes me as very professional who does not feel the need to perform in a theatrical manner.

Also on the plus side, it’s good that our manager doesn’t get asked about Celtic every press conference��

:agree:

MSK
17-03-2019, 06:36 AM
I don't know about questioning his appointment, but there's a wee bit of revisionism going on here already …. The Sunday before we had all but capitulated to Celtic in as tepid a performance as I've seen from a Hibs team in a good few years, it was like a throwback to the days where Hibs teams took the field against Celtic or Rangers looking like they were already beaten and hoping to keep the score respectable ….. I hated every second of it.

We played exactly the same way against Sevco in that first half and got played off the park as a result, we were damned lucky we weren't 3 - 0 down at half time and everybody knows it. In the second half we actually began to show some attacking intent and it changed the game getting us a deserved draw in the end.

I am happy to concede that given his lack of ammunition Heckingbottom maybe thought that was the only way he could set up against both of the uglies and he went against his nature in doing so. I certainly hope so, because I for one do not want to see us taking on the bigger teams in the league and handing them the initiative from the word go like we did in both of those games, especially at Easter Road … if we do we will lose far more than we will win.

Its so far so good though and you certainly cant argue with the results, especially with the threadbare squad he has, he is doing the things that Neil Lennon seemed incapable of doing with this squad and that's getting them organised and motivated. All I'm saying is that for me its still a bit of wait and see before Heckingbottom fully convinces me that he's the guy to take us to the fabled 'next level' but I wouldn't argue against him being given a transfer window at least, no matter where we finish this season.Totally mate, I agree with a lot of what you say, I just think, looking back to before Heckingbottom came in, the team were a shambles, disorganised and appeared to lack idea and leadership. We didnt know when we were ever going to get points on the board as we slipped down to 8th, it was messy, there was a lot of doom and gloom. Heckingbottom and Stockdale came in and arrested the slide, granted there were one or two games where it looked like same old same old.

Whilst performances havent been great, Im sure we all can agree on that (yesterdays game prob best so far) we have started to look like a team who have their mojo back, there is more fight, more determination and there appears to be more confidence and leadership, thats surely down to the guys in charge so they deserve that wee bit praise.

As you allude to in your post the new guys inherited a threadbare squad and looking at the young bench yesterday that still appears to be the case and will be for the foreseeable future. Points are being racked up though, we are 5 points clear in 6th place and I now see an air of positivity compared to the doom and gloom of a few weeks back.

Its early days of course, lets see out this season then Heckingbottom and his team can build for next.

Onwards and upwards 👍

bordergreen
17-03-2019, 06:50 AM
The man is a class act. He speaks well and came into a club that seemed to be in turmoil and being slated in the press. Now the press are all brown nosing the Heckingbottom!

He is turning out to be a really good appointment. I like the way he is talking to the players during the match and influencing the game. I was sitting behind the dugout yesterday and you could see a change in the game after he had spoken to players. At one point he spoke to Slivka and must have told him to push a bit higher into a space between their midfield and defence on the right. Immediate impact on the game. Liking what I have seen so far. Long may it continue. Come on The Heck!

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2019, 07:53 AM
It's quite simply a proper managed team. New manager professionally doing what he's paid for. Lennon's record at Hibs was great but his ego was greater.Absolutely spot on this ...Great post. I love how the Heck quietly goes about his business...No side show like we had previously.with Lennon. And no discussions in depth about Celtic at any of our press conferences anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
17-03-2019, 08:04 AM
Good results so far, and yesterday was the best 90mins performance - which will be a confidence thing. Finish above Hearts and spend the SJM sell-on wisely when it lands and next season could be a good 'un!

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 08:06 AM
I quite like the 'quietly going about his business' style. I've never been keen on overly emotional managers having apparent meltdowns.

I also like the fact that we can see he has a quite obvious system, is getting the best out of the players at his disposal (which gets better as he spends more time with them), and can change system in the middle of games, when necessary.

He also hasn't publicly slaughtered his players or bemoaned his lot in comparison to other clubs...inadvertently demeaning the club and players in the process.

What's not to like?

ian cruise
17-03-2019, 08:10 AM
If we lose our next three games then Motherwell need to win 2 out of their 3 games. (St. Johnstone, Aberdeen and Sevco)
St. Johnstone would need to win 3 out of 4. (St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee and Killie)
Livi would need to win all three. (Us, accies and Celtic)

Yeah, I fully expect us to be in the top 6 but we're not safe just yet, post was more about fans sticking behind the team if the results from now until the end of the season aren't as good as we've seen up until now, Livi aside every game is incredibly difficult. The team has been up for the challenge until now and hopefully after the split we can keep making our way towards 4th, and certainly ahead of Hearts, I just don't want it to be looked at as a failure of the new regime if we don't and end up 6th come the end of May.

Lancs Harp
17-03-2019, 08:13 AM
I quite like the 'quietly going about his business' style. I've never been keen on overly emotional managers having apparent meltdowns.

I also like the fact that we can see he has a quite obvious system, is getting the best out of the players at his disposal (which gets better as he spends more time with them), and can change system in the middle of games, when necessary.

He also hasn't publicly slaughtered his players or bemoaned his lot in comparison to other clubs...inadvertently demeaning the club and players in the process.

What's not to like?

As a proud Lancastrian hes from yorkshire :greengrin

The lads doing great so far and as someone with "first hand" experience of Michael Appletons management (at my local club Blackpool) so glad Heck is in the hot seat and not Appleton. We dodged a bullet there IMO.

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 08:15 AM
As a proud Lancastrian hes from yorkshire :greengrin

The lads doing great so far and as someone with "first hand" experience of Michael Appletons management (at my local club Blackpool) so glad Heck is in the hot seat and not Appleton. We dodged a bullet there IMO.

Yorkies rule!!

:na na:

17-03-2019, 08:24 AM
Playing the same players each week is a big plus for me. This season Lennon would continually change the formation.

B.H.F.C
17-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Playing the same players each week is a big plus for me. This season Lennon would continually change the formation.

Whilst I agree that playing a settled team helps, I don’t think he’s had much choice really.

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Whilst I agree that playing a settled team helps, I don’t think he’s had much choice really.

Probably a lot of the time he didn't have much choice, but some of his choices were quite baffling.

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 09:27 AM

What's not to like?

He’s also not come in and described a cup winning team as a “boy and”, as “rejects and free transfers” or gone on about how players won’t get a pat on the back for beating smaller clubs. He respects the players, encourages, trains and motivates and he’s winning games.

We have someone who is a natural born winner rather than someone who has to get his pals in the media to tell everyone he is one, honest.

Eyrie
17-03-2019, 09:31 AM
On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Stubbs.

On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Lennon.

On the early evidence, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Heckingbottom.

I'm seeing a pattern here which is very reassuring.

BullsCloseHibs
17-03-2019, 10:03 AM
I knew this guy would be good. Im not surprised at all by the way he's got us playing better.

Paul is THE man !:agree::flag:

bingo70
17-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Nice tweet from Heckingbottom just now-

“Enjoyed my first month at @HibernianFC. In football it’s rarely plain sailing but hopefully you can see the hard work the team are putting in. Thanks for the support and see you after the internationals #Hibees”

Night and day from the atmosphere at the club the last few months before he was appointed.

banarc7062
17-03-2019, 10:14 AM
They might have bought a ticket but there are plenty who were still moaning about the Heck's appointment and how we were going to suffer, negative tactics, downgrade from Lennon etc. Hopefully, the excellent performance and result today, with probably the smallest squad to choose from all season, will have made them start to think we now have a boss that supports, motivates and organises players.

Our new Manager appears to be having the same effect as Ole is having for Man u. Well done sir, keep it up. GGTTH

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 10:50 AM

“Enjoyed my first month at @HibernianFC. In football it’s rarely plain sailing but hopefully you can see the hard work the team are putting in. Thanks for the support and see you after the internationals #Hibees”

Night and day from the atmosphere at the club the last few months before he was appointed.

Class act.

CapitalGreen
17-03-2019, 11:14 AM

Also it’s good to know our manager will most likely be working hard over the break preparing for our next run of fixtures and not travelling to do punditry for Ireland internationals.

truehibernian
17-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Terrific return this last month and not surprising given we are focusing purely on the football now and not what the manager is doing on and off the pitch. Lennon did well but was turning Hibs into a sideshow.

I'm liking the understated professional approach that PH adopts. He keeps his emotions in check. When there is calmness at the top, the players are bound to respond in a far more positive way and play without fear.

Tiny_Tim
17-03-2019, 02:24 PM
I’m delighted we wouldn’t be where we are if Lenny was still in charge.

jacomo
17-03-2019, 02:56 PM
On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Stubbs.

On objective reflection, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Lennon.

On the early evidence, the recruitment team did well when they appointed Heckingbottom.

I'm seeing a pattern here which is very reassuring.

They also had the good sense to sack Butcher when the guy shamefully refused to resign.

Onceinawhile
17-03-2019, 03:01 PM
7 behind Aberdeen and they have hearts and motherwell and we still need to play them. 5 points behind killie and we have them twice. It won't be easy, but I think third is do able this season.

Lago
17-03-2019, 03:33 PM
I’m delighted we wouldn’t be where we are if Lenny was still in charge.

Yes your right, it's all worked out for the best.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2019, 04:15 PM
7 behind Aberdeen and they have hearts and motherwell and we still need to play them. 5 points behind killie and we have them twice. It won't be easy, but I think third is do able this season.

Aberdeen also can't seem to win at Pittodrie just now either (no home league wins since December) so if that continues then we've got a chance. It will be tough though, I reckon we would need to be almost faultless in our last 8 games to have any chance.

Diclonius
17-03-2019, 04:17 PM
If we finally break the Tynecastle duck and win v Livi and Kilmarnock then we can push for 4th.

HibbyAndy
17-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Hearts have Aberdeen Rangers and us final 3 games we have Livi Killie and hearts.

I fancy hibs to catch the charity thieving ****s before the split

worcesterhibby
17-03-2019, 05:00 PM
Heck and Stockdale have done a brilliant job so far, it's hard to see hoe they could have done better. Other teams around us doing poorly has also helped.

I also think we dodged a bullet with Appleton...too much of an ego driven Macho man for me. I honestly don't think he could spend the amount of time that Heck does on preparation as he is always down the gym preening himself or getting tattoos.

I see great things ahead for Heck and Robbie..very exciting.

SeanWilson
17-03-2019, 05:34 PM

Thats because they are Hibs fans, despite what you’re suggesting.[emoji1787][emoji1787] 17k were at ER yesterday?? 17k missing maybe?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Unseen work
17-03-2019, 05:39 PM
What a fantastic start, 13 out of 15 points in the league.

Beating St Johnstone away from home was massive for me and a convincing win yesterday adds a lot of confidence to the support and fans.

We have a clear style of play and seem to be much sharper in the final third and transition it very well. He seems to like a quick ball into the strikers feet, lay off and next thing you know we are through. Like the play for the penalty yesterday

To think we have the following players out, with some due back before the end of season to boost numbers/quality

Gauld
Aygepong
Whittikar
Johnson
Boyle
Porteous

He said when he came in the form we need to get to achieve top 6 is that of a team finishing 2nd/3rd and so far we have done that. He also said he wants to build that form and take it into next season which is very exciting especially to think we have Allan coming in and he will recruit his own players.