PDA

View Full Version : Bottle throwing..

IWasThere2016
16-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Anyone know if Hibs provided evidence to Police for both incidents - Hibs and Celtic fan?

hibbyfraelibby
16-03-2019, 07:40 PM
...and you'd be asking for a friend ?

IWasThere2016
16-03-2019, 07:47 PM
...and you'd be asking for a friend ?

Haha... Yes in a way. Cellic fan whinging about it. Saying it was a Hibs lie..

Famous Fiver
16-03-2019, 07:47 PM
You will have to ask Mr Levein. I think he lost his bottle today.

If Carlsberg did weekends...............

wookie70
16-03-2019, 07:51 PM
On a day when there looked to be an army of stewards over at the east the West Stand fans were allowed out straight after the game to head to Sainsbury's etc. Seems very odd we were stopped there so often earlier in the season when there hadn't been bother and in a game so heavily stewarded we are allowed to mix with Motherwell fans who had just seen their team beaten easily and probably lost the chance of a top six finish. The policing and stewarding of football makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Carheenlea
16-03-2019, 10:01 PM
On a day when there looked to be an army of stewards over at the east the West Stand fans were allowed out straight after the game to head to Sainsbury's etc. Seems very odd we were stopped there so often earlier in the season when there hadn't been bother and in a game so heavily stewarded we are allowed to mix with Motherwell fans who had just seen their team beaten easily and probably lost the chance of a top six finish. The policing and stewarding of football makes no sense to me whatsoever.

The increased stewarding and line sat facing East an obvious reaction to recent incidents, and evidence that the club is actively taking on board failings and what can be improved in observation and security, and proving that Leean Dempster’s comments following last Friday was not simply rhetoric.
We all know though that there are only certain fixtures that really demand the stewarding we saw today, and for this game a lot of it wasn’t really necessary.

brianmc
16-03-2019, 10:34 PM
I'd say there were no more Stewards today than there would usually be.
The difference today was they were actually trackside in front of the East instead of huddling in the corner between the East and Dunbar end.
This new approach worked!

(I assume? Though I'm only basing this on a lack of weegie tabloid hysteria).

CraigHibee
17-03-2019, 02:17 AM
Haha... Yes in a way. Cellic fan whinging about it. Saying it was a Hibs lie..

The club mentioned it but the media made more of the bottle coming from the hibs end than the bottle coming from then end full of the great unwashed (probably down to it just missing Sinclair) not sure if there is any footage of the bottle from their end

eastcoasthibby
17-03-2019, 08:05 AM

They will risk assess each game and put in place the best way to manage the crowd for that game, so for the games outwith the ugly sisters, ****bos and Sheep the levels of stewarding and policing will be very different, from games like yesterday. Which is as it should be.
If all those stewards that we saw sitting in front of the east and west are usually employed every home game to huddle.in the corners, someone needs to.explain why we have been paying for them to not be stewarding or indeed if there was an increase in numbers, here is the visible cost thats being taken away from what should be getting spent on players.
Take heed those who think its a big game throwing coins, bottles, setting of flares, going.on the pitch, etc in our ground, if it doesnt stop the consequences will be increased.