PDA

View Full Version : New signing section.

Moulin Yarns
16-03-2019, 05:16 PM
I gather that there was a group in the West Stand hospitality which came over the radio loud and clear. Well done.

green day
16-03-2019, 05:17 PM
I gather that there was a group in the West Stand hospitality which came over the radio loud and clear. Well done.

They did, well done lads

CMurdoch
16-03-2019, 05:20 PM
I noticed that.
Well done lager and prawn fueled supporters

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Looked like a very large stag party. They were the noisiest group in the home stands.

Well done guys!

👍

hibee_girl
16-03-2019, 05:25 PM
They looked liked they were having fun :greengrin

Did someone get removed early on?

kevinc
16-03-2019, 05:29 PM
They were superb, one guy in particular initiating the songs with everyone else happy to join in:flag:

greenlex
16-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Apparently 70 guys celebrating a birthday.:greengrin

seanshow
16-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Could hear them from the back of the east on occasion :) good effort gentlemen

greenlex
16-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Apparently 70 guys celebrating a birthday.:greengrin
Or it might have been one guy celebrating his 70th..... or something.

Sean1875
16-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Was the normal singing section having a silent protest in the first half or something? (genuine question) Was very weird - not a peep from them all first half and no flags or banners, then soon as the second half kicked off they were back to the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
16-03-2019, 05:43 PM
My wee sister was in amongst them. It was part of her pals birthday celebrations. Sounds like they had a great day.

MartinfaePorty
16-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Was the normal singing section having a silent protest in the first half or something? (genuine question) Was very weird - not a peep from them all first half and no flags or banners, then soon as the second half kicked off they were back to the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMy lot were thinking the same. Was good to have them back 2nd half.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hibee
16-03-2019, 05:49 PM

We thought they’d given up in the first half, enjoyed the FF without the drum, back to the good old days [emoji3]

Stevie Reid
16-03-2019, 05:51 PM

Their rendition of Turnbull’s Tornadoes in the first half was a superb bit of chanting.

spudhib
16-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Seventy fans on a 40th celly well done to all 🇳🇬🇳🇬

Halmyre Hibee
16-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Amazing atmosphere in the West due to them and quite a few others joined in amongst us.

hibbysam
16-03-2019, 07:02 PM

I think so. Without knowing, pure guesswork, but a few of them have been banned by the club recently and I feel that was possibly behind it. Could be totally wrong mind you.

AZhibee
16-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Heard more singing today on HibsTV, well done, love to be able hear that on the broadcast.

matty_f
16-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Yeah they definitely added to the atmosphere. Looked like they enjoyed themselves!

hibby6270
16-03-2019, 07:14 PM
Or it might have been one guy celebrating his 70th..... or something.

It was like being at a 70s away game. They hardly ever stopped and whilst a few shandies might have been partaken(?),it was all good humoured stuff. Fair brightened up the afternoon over and above the great result!!

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Well done to the people involved.

Could hear it well in the East and again shows - put it in a decent place and it will generate atmosphere.

Don’t put the section in far corner away from everyone !

Felt a bit old school today with the chants being started up. Good effort.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 07:20 PM
Said it in the match thread before half time was class. Turnbulls tornados belting from the west, was first time in history haha.

MagicSwirlingShip
16-03-2019, 07:47 PM
We were joking in the first half that it was the singing sections annual day out to hospitality.

One boy in particular made great viewing from the East orchestrating the choir! Class

Mr Grieves
16-03-2019, 07:58 PM
There was confusion in the famous five lower with the singing in the west and not a peep from the Famous five upper.

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 09:06 PM

That was weird.

If so, I'd be interested to know what they were complaining about

HibeeMackenzie
16-03-2019, 09:07 PM
That was weird.

The drummer has been banned from Easter road

bingo70
16-03-2019, 09:08 PM
That was weird.

Each to their own but I couldn’t care.

If they want to sing then great but if they want to have a wee mump or moan then that’s none of my business.

Diclonius

Why?

Hannah_hfc
Was it just me or did the FF upper singing section look empty in the first half then filled up the second? I wondered if they had just somehow turned up at HT

Credit to the guys in the West though, just shows how much better sound travels when a singing group aren’t stuck in at the goal end

bingo70
16-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Not without good reason I’m sure.

Leith's finest
16-03-2019, 09:12 PM

Hope not he is a good guy, doe's a lot for hibs and not a trouble maker

superbam
16-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Hope not he is a good guy, doe's a lot for hibs and not a trouble maker

100%. Very poor from the club if that's the case.

bingo70
16-03-2019, 09:14 PM

Surely it depends what he’s been banned for.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 09:14 PM
I think so. Without knowing, pure guesswork, but a few of them have been banned by the club recently and I feel that was possibly behind it. Could be totally wrong mind you. I think you're probably wrong. From what I could see they were all middle-aged guys....i heard them giving it the super Tortolano chant. Was Joe T in the hospitality?
That's the hospitality singers I'm talking about not the singing section

hibbysam
16-03-2019, 09:16 PM
I think your probably wrong. From what I could see they were all middle-aged guys....i heard them giving it the super Tortolano chant. Was Joe T in the hospitality?

What’s that got to do with the singing section protesting?

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 09:18 PM
What’s that got to do with the singing section protesting? I thought you were talking about the hospitality singers

NAE NOOKIE
16-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Fair play to the guys in the west, should be there every week :thumbsup:

HiBremian
16-03-2019, 10:21 PM
My wee sister was in amongst them. It was part of her pals birthday celebrations. Sounds like they had a great day.

Saw a few singing heads popping up on HibsTV. Great effort. Nice to know they’re family, Paul ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SChibs
16-03-2019, 10:22 PM
Surely it depends what he’s been banned for.

Just Dempster on the rampage...

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 10:28 PM

If Hibs have banned the guy, surely they had good reason for doing so.

bingo70
16-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Just Dempster on the rampage...

Do you really believe Dempster has banned the guy just because she’s on the rampage?

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 10:36 PM
If Hibs have banned the guy, surely they had good reason for doing so.

Maybe the fans reps can let the fans know instead of guesswork?

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Do you really believe Dempster has banned the guy just because she’s on the rampage?

It’s the kind of thing that needs to be cleared up though don’t you think?

bingo70
16-03-2019, 10:39 PM

Nope.

Behave yourself and you won’t get banned. It’s that simple.

What needs to be cleared up in your opinion?

weecounty hibby
16-03-2019, 10:44 PM

Why does it need cleared up? Do you really feel like you are entitled to know why people get banned from ER? I don't get why folk think they are entitled to a public announcement about every decision Hibs make?

Irish_Steve
16-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Been a few years since i heard the Joe T song!

thekaratekid
16-03-2019, 10:51 PM
There were 70 of us

Good day :)

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 10:54 PM
There were 70 of us

Good day :)

Could you please make it a permanent feature somewhere in the stadium.

I'd happily join your "Not As Young As We Used To Be Singing Section"

SChibs
16-03-2019, 10:57 PM

Yes. She banned someone for lighting a flare outside the stadium. He didn't light it inside the stadium thus did not break stadium rules so why was he banned?

Irish_Steve
16-03-2019, 11:00 PM
Yes. She banned someone for lighting a flare outside the stadium. He didn't light it inside the stadium thus did not break stadium rules so why was he banned?

Can you actually back this up

Has Leann taken on special powers that lets her see who a season ticket holder is before they enter the ground - I seriously doubt it

SChibs
16-03-2019, 11:02 PM

Has Leann taken on special powers that lets her see who a season ticket holder is before they enter the ground - I seriously doubt it

Someone was arrested for lighting a flare on the way to the rangers game. The guy has subsequently been banned. It's all in the statement. Obviously the police liaise with the club.

DaveF
16-03-2019, 11:04 PM

I guess the club took the view that if he lit it outside on this occasion, then there is probably a good chance he will have done so inside the stadium in the past or would do so at some point in the future?

And before anyone jumps on this I'm not saying that would be right but it's a possibility.

Bottom line is I suppose that the club have been banging on about flares for ages so why bring yourself to the fore by setting one off?

HTD1875
16-03-2019, 11:05 PM

The police passed the details onto the club. It’s in the statement

Irish_Steve
16-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Fair enough, I apologise

However, it is an offence to let off a flare in public (whether or not it`s in a football ground) so anyone doing so deserves to be banned in my book. There are a right royal pain in the arse

SChibs
16-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Fair enough, I apologise

However, it is an offence to let off a flare in public (whether or not it`s in a football ground) so anyone doing so deserves to be banned in my book. There are a right royal pain in the arse

Under which law?

HTD1875
16-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Fair enough, I apologise

It may be illegal but police have been letting it slide for years on these marches/corteos

Irish_Steve
16-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Under which law?

The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Why does it need cleared up? Do you really feel like you are entitled to know why people get banned from ER? I don't get why folk think they are entitled to a public announcement about every decision Hibs make?

Because it’s causing arguing debate and confrontation within the support it seems?

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:13 PM
Nope.

Behave yourself and you won’t get banned. It’s that simple.

What needs to be cleared up in your opinion?

What the ban was for when the drummer of the singing section gets kicked out?

weecounty hibby
16-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Because it’s causing arguing debate and confrontation within the support it seems?
Only from folk demanding to know things that's not really any of their business. People have been banned, do I care why? Not really, I'm pretty content that after the total aresholes at the celtic and rangers games Hibs are doing the right thing with regards to crowd control

SChibs
16-03-2019, 11:22 PM
The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985

Does that law cover the streets in the area of a sporting event or just the venue in which the sporting event is taking place?

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 11:26 PM
Fair enough, I apologise

There'd be nobody left on the marches to Tynecastle if that happened. :greengrin

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:28 PM
Only from folk demanding to know things that's not really any of their business. People have been banned, do I care why? Not really, I'm pretty content that after the total aresholes at the celtic and rangers games Hibs are doing the right thing with regards to crowd control

Other people do though, evidently.

ian cruise
16-03-2019, 11:31 PM

It's strange isn't it. The other week we had fans complaining that the guy who ran on to the pitches details had been made public, now people are demanding details on another supporter and why they've been banned be released in an official statement.

Sections of our support have turned awfully fickle of late.

weecounty hibby
16-03-2019, 11:34 PM
Other people do though, evidently.
Erm, yeah you. Don't know why. They're banned, no big deal to me or probably 99% of other Hibbies who attend games and can behave themselves

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Erm, yeah you. Don't know why. They're banned, no big deal to me or probably 99% of other Hibbies who attend games and can behave themselves

There’s a few posters on here asking why he was banned, there’s been a claim that there was a protest of a ban. I don’t know who the guy is but it’s evidently not 90%of fans who think it’s no big deal. Transparency would be nice and what would it take for fans reps to let the fans know why a fan was banned?

thekaratekid
16-03-2019, 11:45 PM
Could you please make it a permanent feature somewhere in the stadium.

I'd happily join your "Not As Young As We Used To Be Singing Section"

If you want to contribute £100 every two weeks I’d be more than happy to lol

weecounty hibby
16-03-2019, 11:45 PM
There’s a few posters on here asking why he was banned, there’s been a claim that there was a protest of a ban. I don’t know who the guy is but it’s evidently not 90%of fans who think it’s no big deal. Transparency would be nice and what would it take for fans reps to let the fans know why a fan was banned?
FFS because it's none of our business!! Why can't you see that? You, me, any of these others are not entitled to know details of any ban. If he is actually banned then he will have broken some rule whereby Hibs have deemed him to be unwelcome inside ER. That's all you need to know.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2019, 11:49 PM
Didn’t a drumstick get thrown on the park at the rangers game? Maybe banned for that?

Hibeesmad
16-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Singing in hospitality? Dempster won't be having any of that, statement incoming.:greengrin

Itsnoteasy
16-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Didn’t a drumstick get thrown on the park at the rangers game? Maybe banned for that?

Poor catering again?

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 11:59 PM
FFS because it's none of our business!! Why can't you see that? You, me, any of these others are not entitled to know details of any ban. If he is actually banned then he will have broken some rule whereby Hibs have deemed him to be unwelcome inside ER. That's all you need to know.

Calm down pal 😂😂😂 others are asking and questioning too.

HibbySpurs
17-03-2019, 07:09 AM

As with all businesses, clubs or whatever Hibernian will always reserve the right of admission.

I’m quite sure that “no one is allowed to take a dump on the concourse of the famous five stand” isn’t actually in the stadium rules but you would soon find yourself banned if you did.

Part of your contract with Hibs as a ST holder or a walk up is that you are expected to conduct yourself in an acceptable manner.

If you are in the environs of the ground and are lifted for setting off flares, smoke bombs or whatever the club obviously deem this unacceptable and as a result will refuse admission to any person doing so.

To be honest it’s a shame as he’s done lots for the club and always gives his all on the drum, but, he should also have known better.

Libby Hibby
17-03-2019, 07:22 AM
Been a few years since i heard the Joe T song!

I love Joe T...he should have a matchday role at the club.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 07:23 AM
Calm down pal 😂😂😂 others are asking and questioning too.

The singing section dudes usually post on here when looking for funds (pretty sure the banned drummer is often one of them) so if clarity is being asked for then I'm sure they could post and let you know.

I'm going to presume it's a short term ban and he will be back soon enough.

WestStandMoaner
17-03-2019, 07:28 AM
As with all businesses, clubs or whatever Hibernian will always reserve the right of admission.

I’m quite sure that “no one is allowed to take a dump on the concourse of the famous five stand” isn’t actually in the stadium rules but you would soon find yourself banned if you did.

Part of your contract with Hibs as a ST holder or a walk up is that you are expected to conduct yourself in an acceptable manner.

If you are in the environs of the ground and are lifted for setting off flares, smoke bombs or whatever the club obviously deem this unacceptable and as a result will refuse admission to any person doing so.

To be honest it’s a shame as he’s done lots for the club and always gives his all on the drum, but, he should also have known better.

it would also be could if she can possibly target the away fans for change instead of always looking for fault with the hibs fans. She is very keen to point the finger at the home support and I'm sure she was not happy with the singing in the upper west as she appeared at the dug out at half time then sat behind it. Funny how she always appears there when we are winning.

At what point will she speak up about the bile we hear from sevco every time they come to Easter Road, probably never because the club wants their money. All for banning people if it's a serious matter but I get the feeling right now if you fart too loud you will get banned.

Outside the ground should be left to the police

DaveF
17-03-2019, 07:32 AM

It was the police who arrested him and gave his details to the club. Suppose that is Dempster fault is it?

As I said earlier the club have been warning against flares for ages so perhaps they have made an example of this guy since the message clearly wasn't getting through.

That isn't the club's fault.

SquashedFrogg
17-03-2019, 07:51 AM
it would also be could if she can possibly target the away fans for change instead of always looking for fault with the hibs fans. She is very keen to point the finger at the home support and I'm sure she was not happy with the singing in the upper west as she appeared at the dug out at half time then sat behind it. Funny how she always appears there when we are winning.

At what point will she speak up about the bile we hear from sevco every time they come to Easter Road, probably never because the club wants their money. All for banning people if it's a serious matter but I get the feeling right now if you fart too loud you will get banned.

Oh dear.

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 08:01 AM
The singing section dudes usually post on here when looking for funds (pretty sure the banned drummer is often one of them) so if clarity is being asked for then I'm sure they could post and let you know.

Sure I seen on his Twitter 5 years. It didn’t mention stadium ban but I’m presuming that’s what he was banned and fined for.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 08:12 AM
Sure I seen on his Twitter 5 years. It didn’t mention stadium ban but I’m presuming that’s what he was banned and fined for.

That is harsh, but as I said earlier perhaps the club lost patience as the message was being ignored.

HibbySpurs
17-03-2019, 08:21 AM

I 100% agree the club should be speaking out on issues of away fans who throw missiles, break seats or partake in sectarian chanting.

However I’m sure you also agree that the club really has to have its own house in order first and be seen to be punishing fans from our own support prior to challenging other clubs to do the same?

Inside our outside the ground doesn’t matter, perhaps look at unacceptable conduct outside the ground not being tolerated as part of Hibs being a good neighbour and taking a responsible stance within the local community?

Keith_M
17-03-2019, 08:23 AM
If you want to contribute £100 every two weeks I’d be more than happy to lol

Hmmm, are you by chance an African Prince?

One Day
17-03-2019, 10:05 AM
I think you're probably wrong. From what I could see they were all middle-aged guys....i heard them giving it the super Tortolano chant. Was Joe T in the hospitality?
That's the hospitality singers I'm talking about not the singing section

Quite happy to be classed as middle aged and not old

The_Horde
17-03-2019, 10:27 AM

Apparently for having a pyro outside the ground. Been banned for 5 years, which I find a bit harsh tbh.

This guy in particular has been one of the main influences behind the displays and general atmosphere from our lowest ebb to the lofty heights of the cup win in 2016. I can understand if it was inside the ground but it wasn't.

Board cutting their nose off to spite their pompous face and potentially splitting up a right good bunch of lads who've helped the club over the last few years. Making an example of the wrong person IMO

Eyrie
17-03-2019, 10:43 AM
Apparently for having a pyro outside the ground. Been banned for 5 years, which I find a bit harsh tbh.

This guy in particular has been one of the main influences behind the displays and general atmosphere from our lowest ebb to the lofty heights of the cup win in 2016. I can understand if it was inside the ground but it wasn't.

Board cutting their nose off to spite their pompous face and potentially splitting up a right good bunch of lads who've helped the club over the last few years. Making an example of the wrong person IMO

It would be very harsh if this was a one off, but not if there had been prior warnings which we're not aware of. We don't know either way.

It's a private matter between the club and the individual concerned, which is correct. Would any of us want the details made public if we were banned?

GreenCastle
17-03-2019, 10:46 AM

That’s rubbish if he’s been banned / the drum and displays have been some of the best things with Hibs over last few years.

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 10:47 AM

You have a pyro and a ticket outside the ground, that assumption has to be made. Harsh but being honest he can’t have many complaints about it.

The_Horde
17-03-2019, 10:50 AM
You have a pyro and a ticket outside the ground, that assumption has to be made. Harsh but being honest he can’t have many complaints about it.

5 years is a bit extreme, no?

Northernhibee
17-03-2019, 10:51 AM
5 years is a bit extreme, no?

Is it not well known that you absolutely can’t take pyros in? Have the club not been clear?

Take the risk, pay the price.

DarlingtonHibee
17-03-2019, 11:02 AM

I don't doubt he has done a great deal.

But he was going to take it in to the stadium presumably.

Somebody is going to get hurt soon because of this.

The club and police have made there position to clear.

matty_f
17-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Is it not well known that you absolutely can’t take pyros in? Have the club not been clear?

Take the risk, pay the price.

It's harsh but at the end of the day I agree with you.

It's a shame if it's true that someone who clearly has done a lot to help with the atmosphere has had to face up to some consequences, but they shouldn't be exempt from rules either.

It's like folk thinking it's harsh that the guy who voted the ball away from Tavernier had his details published - the guy did it live on TV in front of a load of police and 20000 fans, he clearly wasn't that bothered about anonymity.

There is a wider issue in society these days where people think that rules or laws don't apply to them, that they can do what they want, when and where they want. They don't care about the people around them and then cry foul for it when the inevitable consequence eventually come around.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 11:13 AM
How about a deal?

Singing section agree to no more flares (home or away, inside or out) and Hibs suspend the ban. Any flares from that section, ban imposed/increased.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2019, 11:14 AM

How would him letting it off outside the ground mean he was going to take it in with him?

The_Horde
17-03-2019, 11:15 AM

It was lit, so no.. he wasn't. It was part of the corteo from Leith walk. It's happened several times!

The_Horde
17-03-2019, 11:39 AM
It's harsh but at the end of the day I agree with you.

It's a shame if it's true that someone who clearly has done a lot to help with the atmosphere has had to face up to some consequences, but they shouldn't be exempt from rules either.

It's like folk thinking it's harsh that the guy who voted the ball away from Tavernier had his details published - the guy did it live on TV in front of a load of police and 20000 fans, he clearly wasn't that bothered about anonymity.

There is a wider issue in society these days where people think that rules or laws don't apply to them, that they can do what they want, when and where they want. They don't care about the people around them and then cry foul for it when the inevitable consequence eventually come around.

Absolutely correct. Hibs never do any wrong on the park or off it and everything is continually rosey for eternity. The end, nothing to see here.

matty_f
17-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Absolutely correct. Hibs never do any wrong on the park or off it and everything is continually rosey for eternity. The end, nothing to see here.

Wow. That's quite a leap there.

:aok:

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2019, 11:52 AM
How about a deal?

Singing section agree to no more flares (home or away, inside or out) and Hibs suspend the ban. Any flares from that section, ban imposed/increased.

Double or quits.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 12:01 PM
It was lit, so no.. he wasn't. It was part of the corteo from Leith walk. It's happened several times!

First time I've seen mentioned that the person with the flare was in a corteo. But I don't think it changed the fact he was clearly going to the ground with a lit flare and could have had more than 1 in his possession, with the implications that he would light others inside.

The_Horde
17-03-2019, 12:08 PM
First time I've seen mentioned that the person with the flare was in a corteo. But I don't think it changed the fact he was clearly going to the ground with a lit flare and could have had more than 1 in his possession, with the implications that he would light others inside.

Wouldn't stand in court. Can't go banning folk for maybe, potentially having something in their possession. Like arresting someone for Arson because someone said they had a packet of matches.

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 12:10 PM

No one is banned. That enough clarity for you?

The_Horde
17-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Good news.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Wouldn't stand in court. Can't go banning folk for maybe, potentially having something in their possession. Like arresting someone for Arson because someone said they had a packet of matches.

Unless, when searched was found to be in possession of such items which are prohibited.

DaveF
17-03-2019, 12:36 PM

I wasn't looking for clarity so no need for the aggressive tone. But I'm sure those few posters who were demanding Dempster explains all will be happy now.

Irish_Steve
17-03-2019, 12:48 PM

Actually it will and you need to know the law about it. If you have a flare and a football ticket in your pocket (including a season ticket), it is assumed under the law that you will be attending a game and thereby causing an offence. You just have to have it in your possession.

For instance, you could get off a train at Waverley with the intention of walking to Easter Rd but if you have a flare and ticket in your possession, that is when you cause the offence

It`s amazing how many people don`t actually understand this

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 12:49 PM
I wasn't looking for clarity so no need for the aggressive tone. But I'm sure those few posters who were demanding Dempster explains all will be happy now.

Dempster does have a fair bit of explaining to do. That remark you made about us getting the begging bowl out or the likes? Well she’s decided they are banned. It’s getting ridiculous now. She needs to get off her power trip.

She’ll no doubt keep using those displays for marketing purposes, that’s for sure.

Time For Heroes anyone?

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2019, 12:54 PM
Dempster does have a fair bit of explaining to do. That remark you made about us getting the begging bowl out or the likes? Well she’s decided they are banned. It’s getting ridiculous now. She needs to get off her power trip.

She’ll no doubt keep using those displays for marketing purposes, that’s for sure.

Time For Heroes anyone?

She’s banned displays?? Poor stuff if that’s the case

gando
17-03-2019, 12:57 PM

Yip, group were told yesterday that the “privilege” has been revoked. Astonishing stuff.

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 12:58 PM

Yes. Our “privilege” is over. Forgetting this is her club and not ours.

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Yip, group were told yesterday that the “privilege” has been revoked. Astonishing stuff.

“Privilege”. Shocking from LD

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Yes. Our “privilege” is over. Forgetting this is her club and not ours.

Terrible mate. Poor poor stuff from LD

DaveF
17-03-2019, 12:59 PM

Time For Heroes anyone?

I said looking for funds not begging bowl. This is obviously a touchy subject for you so why not explain the full story then instead of dropping little bits of information regarding LD and her actions.

IE, earlier you saud no one was banned. And now you are saying 'they are banned' so which is it?

Edit - displays are banned. Seems a bit extreme. What were the reasons given?

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2019, 01:01 PM
I said looking for funds not begging bowl. This is obviously a touchy subject for you so why not explain the full story then instead of dropping little bits of information regarding LD and her actions.

IE, earlier you saud no one was banned. And now you are saying 'they are banned' so which is it?

Displays are banned

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 01:03 PM

Displays, “grouping together”, using our “privilege”, no individual bans. The meeting was short, sweet and direct. There’s not much else to post.

Hopefully she’s away over the M8 soon.

oldbutdim
17-03-2019, 01:05 PM
Displays are banned

Possibly a reaction to complaints from FF Lower about stuff getting thrown and landing there?
:confused:

Seems a bit harsh to ban what seemed a pretty popular contribution to 'the match day experience'.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2019, 01:08 PM

They made more noise than the actual signing section yesterday.

The 90+2
17-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Is this the end of the singing section too then? Ffs.

The 90+2
17-03-2019, 01:09 PM
They made more noise than the actual signing section yesterday.

They’ve just said the singing section is finished from what I’m gathering above?

Deek01
Can only see this leading one way and that’ll be a very quiet Easter Road in future.

DaveF
Displays, “grouping together”, using our “privilege”, no individual bans. The meeting was short, sweet and direct. There’s not much else to post.

So non reasons given then? Not saying you are keeping things back but I find it difficult to believe she would impose such a ban without good reason?

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 01:12 PM

I can't believe anyone wants rid of our Chief Exec when she has done wonders in raising the profile of Hibs, but each to their own.

17-03-2019, 01:14 PM
The singing section have been excellent for years. Their “privilege” is well earned.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Is this the end of the singing section too then? Ffs.

They’ve just said the singing section is finished from what I’m gathering above?

90+2 = 75 :wink:

The 90+2
90+2 = 75 :wink:

??

matty_f

Glad to hear it.

matty_f
17-03-2019, 01:18 PM
I can't believe anyone wants rid of our Chief Exec when she has done wonders in raising the profile of Hibs, but each to their own.

Especially to see her go to a rival.

Like everyone else on the planet, Dempster isn't perfect bit I'm certain that of folk weighed up the stuff that she has got right versus the stuff she hasn't, she'd be well in credit.

Don't get the logic in banning the displays, they've been excellent.

The "natural order" banner was one of my favourite ever derby moments.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 01:19 PM
??

You said that from the comments on the thread that the FFU singing section "is finished". I can't see anything to suggest it is finished, banned, disbanded, defuct, an ex singing section. Therfore 2+2 =5, or in your case 90+2=75

speedy_gonzales
17-03-2019, 01:21 PM

I hope this has been said in the heat of the moment and is not heartfelt.
I think LD on the whole has been a breath of fresh air for our club and at the very least, kept a much maligned Rod Petrie out of the limelight.
However, because of events in recent weeks Leeann has felt the need to come out to denounce & condemn the actions of individuals. Whilst I'm sure she, as well as us, wants to disassociate the club from them, she has adopted an aggressive PR front, much like Queen Ann did over the road. She too fell foul of the support for appearing to throw the baby out with the bathwater but I'm sure we can agree that from the outside, the club has to appear to be doing the right thing rather than nothing.

Harpandcastle
17-03-2019, 01:24 PM

She’s done alright but I’ve never bought into anything more than that. Surely she could be replaced just like anyone else? If she’s banning displays and make life harder for a group that actively contribute to the atmosphere then I’d agree with the op - hopefully she’s away sooner rather than later.

weecounty hibby
17-03-2019, 01:25 PM
I'm sure if the rules as laid down were being followed, no pyrotechnics in the ground being one, then everything would be fine including the displays which have been excellent. But not all rules are being followed. If you read the threads as well there are folk complaining about drug use, drinking etc. Now I am not saying that is happening in the singing section but as the highest profile and most visible group they are the obvious place to start to try to stop these things.
Leeann has been a breath of fresh air to the club and has been 99% positive. Has she made mistakes, of course she has. The singing section have been 99% positive. Have they made mistakes, of course they have. Hope everyone can move on and get behind an improving team and club

Hibs90
17-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Back to being a library it is then. Poor.

Hibeewilly
17-03-2019, 01:27 PM

I've always been a big fan of the singing section BR and the displays have been sensational. I've quickly read through the thread but I'm not grasping why the club have done the above. Can you explain to me and anybody else in the same boat as me who are not grasping it please:confused:

Famous Fiver
17-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Old pedant here but it is references to the signing section that do my head in. Signing does not require the use of the vocal chords but singing most surely does.

Hopefully we are discussing singing and not signing.

There, I feel much better.

Waxy
17-03-2019, 01:32 PM
The singers will end up in the east again eventually anyway. Its the natural place for it.

Since452
17-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Dempster has banned displays? Really?

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Old pedant here but it is references to the signing section that do my head in. Signing does not require the use of the vocal chords but singing most surely does.

Hopefully we are discussing singing and not signing.

There, I feel much better.

As the instigator of the thread, bloody auto correct!! I'm as much a pedant as you on the correct use of language but I can't change the title

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 01:35 PM
I've always been a big fan of the singing section BR and the displays have been sensational. I've quickly read through the thread but I'm not grasping why the club have done the above. Can you explain to me and anybody else in the same boat as me who are not grasping it please:confused:

Your guess is good as ours HW. We were gobsmacked. The bottle thrown at Sinclair? The boy running and going for their right back? Both never came from the FFU. A flare was lit, a very young boy was sent out (primary school at most). As posted above, short, sharp and direct conversation. She’s no interest in anything but herself. Interesting if another salary hike hits her pocket soon. CWG or CG will confirm soon but her share of the turnover has rocketed year on year.

In the interest of balance, Alan Marshall, who is now the SLO and was brought in from Motherwell has been outstanding. A massive supporter of us, but his hands have been tied behind his back.

Jonnyboy
17-03-2019, 01:37 PM
For the sake of clarity what exactly are the privileges that have been withdrawn?

Hibeewilly
17-03-2019, 01:38 PM
Your guess is good as ours HW. We were gobsmacked. The bottle thrown at Sinclair? The boy running and going for their right back? Both never came from the FFU. A flare was lit, a very young boy was sent out (primary school at most). As posted above, short, sharp and direct conversation. She’s no interest in anything but herself. Interesting if another salary hike hits her pocket soon. CWG or CG will confirm soon but her share of the turnover has rocketed year on year.

In the interest of balance, Alan Marshall, who is now the SLO and was brought in from Motherwell has been outstanding. A massive supporter of us, but his hands have been tied behind his back.
Thanks for your reply BR. In reading that I cant see her endearing herself to the majority of our support....quite the opposite. Strange decision indeed

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 01:39 PM
For the sake of clarity what exactly are the privileges that have been withdrawn?

Exactly! The one of supporting our club enjoyably?

Jonnyboy
17-03-2019, 01:41 PM
Exactly! The one of supporting our club enjoyably?

Ross, I sit in the East and watch my team enjoyably. Did the privileges include blocks of tickets for Tynecastle and the likes?

marinello59
17-03-2019, 01:43 PM

If the privilege that has been revoked is displaying banners then I would be preparing a response to be displayed on a ****ing big banner.

Chuck Rhoades
Ross, I sit in the East and watch my team enjoyably. Did the privileges include blocks of tickets for Tynecastle and the likes?

You know as well as me that after a few working togethers and that it ended. Loyalty points being scrapped has ruined the regulars securing briefs for the big games not us.

Moulin Yarns

There have been reports of a drumstick being thrown onto the pitch recently. Can you confirm this didn't come from the FFU.

A quote from the statement on supporter behaviour which sums it up clearly.

In this debate one key principle must be agreed by everyone. We, as individuals, are responsible for how we choose to behave. It is our responsibility.
When we make our behaviour the responsibility of others, we inadvertently condone those who choose to conduct themselves badly.

If every individual behaves there is not an issue, if just one person steps out of line then it reflects on everyone. Until the bad behaviour ends there will continue to be increased stewarding and other sanctions is the way I see it.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2019, 01:45 PM

I dont think her getting a wage rise is wrong at all, since her arrival we've gone from 7-8000 crowds to 17k plus, won the cup we've all wanted for many many years, and been in Europe past june for the first time in years.

While i dont agree one bit with her making an example of the singing section, she's made the decision and you will need to make up your minds what you do from here.

We can all agree the lads that support the team in the upper FF do a great job, albeit being stuck out the way, but it is appreciated by me and i'd bet many others.

And the support you give at away games is also superb, so you need to at the moment suck it up and just continue to support the team and ignore her. She will be long gone soon enough, and Hibs will still be here without her.

Hibeewilly
17-03-2019, 01:45 PM
If the privilege that has been revoked is displaying banners then I would be preparing a response to be displayed on a ****ing big banner.
Without a doubt :aok:

Jonnyboy
17-03-2019, 01:46 PM
You know as well as me that after a few working togethers and that it ended. Loyalty points being scrapped has ruined the regulars securing briefs for the big games not us.

Actually I didn’t know that and the reason for my question was because I couldn’t see how else the singing sections could manage to secure tickets all next to each other like at Tiny for example

Chuck Rhoades
17-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Actually I didn’t know that and the reason for my question was because I couldn’t see how else the singing sections could manage to secure tickets all next to each other like at Tiny for example

Have we? Rumours would suggest yes but the last three seasons all I remember is at least 3/4 folk to a seat trying to stand together.

HTD1875
17-03-2019, 01:54 PM

The “privilege” withdrawn is access to the east concourse during the week to plan and make the display and then early access into the ground on match day to set up the display in F5.

weecounty hibby
17-03-2019, 01:55 PM
There really does seem to be a concerted effort at the moment to get Leeann out of the club and I just don't understand that. As I said before she will have made mistakes but I have no doubt that everything she is doing is because she wants the best for the club, not to piss any one group or individual off. So she has asked for stuff that some don't agree with, no pyrotechnics. Has banned some arse for running on the pitch and has banned others for breaking rules. Stick to the rules, don't be a fanny and you will be ok. From the outside looking in the club has been very amenable to most of the singing sections requests. I don't see why that wouldn't continue if they followed the rules. Did the drumstick on the pitch v the Hun come from the drummer in the singing section? If so then they have only themselves to blame. Was a flare lit in the singing section? If so they only have themselves to blame.

Jonnyboy
17-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Have we? Rumours would suggest yes but the last three seasons all I remember is at least 3/4 folk to a seat trying to stand together.

If that’s how it was done I understand but it was a genuine question as more than one person had remarked to me that the SS had been granted the privilege of early tickets before others got the chance.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying ✅

DC_Hibs
17-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Whilst I think she has done a fairly good job it's time now for her to move on and be replaced with someone willing to listen to the views of the fans rather than the dictatorial attitude she displays.
She seems to have got too big for her boots and needs a timely reminder that it's our club, we pay her (increasing) salary and we should show some backbone and demand changes if she continues to treat many fans with contempt.

The Loyalty points debacle sums her up totally and the continued refusal to engage with fans on the matter.

Alienating another group of fans again now apparently without any willingness for meaningful discussion rather than the one sided decision making.

I've had a few occasions already this year when dealing with various employees and fan club representatives of a foreign team I follow and it's like night and day.
Fan club groups and the club itself could learn so much.....if they wanted.

ronaldo7
17-03-2019, 01:57 PM

The guys use the east to prepare the display. They've been told that displays are now banned. Instead of dealing with the issues as they arise, she's gone nuclear, and having a go at our singing section.

She'll be able to go back to the SFA/SPFL, to say she's on top of things.

15 new stewards sitting on seats in front of the east yesterday, and a marked police presence at the singing section.

Hopefully those guys in the hospitality have enough cash to last through to the end of the season.

hibbysam
17-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Whilst I think she has done a fairly good job it's time now for her to move on and be replaced with someone willing to listen to the views of the fans rather than the dictatorial attitude she displays.
She seems to have got too big for her boots and needs a timely reminder that it's our club, we pay her (increasing) salary and we should show some backbone and demand changes if she continues to treat many fans with contempt.

The Loyalty points debacle sums her up totally and the continued refusal to engage with fans on the matter.

Alienating another group of fans again now apparently without any willingness for meaningful discussion rather than the one sided decision making.

I've had a few occasions already this year when dealing with various employees and fan club representatives of a foreign team I follow and it's like night and day.
Fan club groups and the club itself could learn so much.....if they wanted.

Along with the weird, money grabbing tactic that if a game nears sellout we stop selling hundreds of concession tickets online and instead make you either phone up or buy an adult ticket for concessions.

She doesn’t help herself by just making daft decisions and statements.

Moulin Yarns
17-03-2019, 02:06 PM
This thread has degenerated into a slanging match between supporters of the singing section and those that support the actions of the club to eradicate behaviour that is damaging to our club.

Thread closed.