PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga.

Mango Man
16-03-2019, 05:11 PM
How good is this young man?!! Excellent performance today, the lad has so much energy and skill, wonder if there is any chance of keeping him.

IWasThere2016
16-03-2019, 05:11 PM
Watched online. Tireless. Impressive display.

HibeeHibernian4
16-03-2019, 05:12 PM
What he’s so good at is carrying the ball from defence into attack.

Heisenberg
16-03-2019, 05:16 PM
Exceptional player at this level.

CMurdoch
16-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Has made a great difference since coming on against St Johnstone

hibee_girl
16-03-2019, 05:25 PM
He was excellent today

Sean1875
16-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Made it look effortless, outstanding performance today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
16-03-2019, 05:31 PM
He was what we needed to replace SJM. A driving midfield player to take the pressure of defence and get us on the front foot, excellent performance today.

Jim44
16-03-2019, 05:32 PM
How good is this young man?!! Excellent performance today, the lad has so much energy and skill, wonder if there is any chance of keeping him.

I don’t know how far down the list he is at Genoa but I would have thought a move from potential Serie A to Scottish Premiership is unlikely at best.

Keith_M
16-03-2019, 05:32 PM
He was fantastic

Allant1981
16-03-2019, 05:33 PM
I don’t know how far down the list he is at Genoa but I would have thought a move from potential Serie A to Scottish Premiership is unlikely at best.

Slivka done it, albeit without a first team game for juve

calumhibee1
16-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Before today I was happy enough to have him and thought he looked good enough and that was about it. Today he looked way too good for this level though.

California-Hibs
16-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Showed why hes played 22 times in Serie A. Outstanding today!

howdenthehibby
16-03-2019, 05:41 PM
No chance of signing him permanently, but great chance of signing him on loan for another year or two.That would do me.

Bobby's Cinema
16-03-2019, 05:55 PM
outstanding first half in particular, not afraid to carry the ball and can always see a pass when others would launch it - aswell as battles hard brilliant

gaz1875
16-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Man of the match for me, don't know how many times he got his toe on the end of the ball and still kept possession.

Hibeewilly
16-03-2019, 06:07 PM
My MOM today.....terrific performance....well done Stephane:thumbsup:

Davy Mac
16-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Couldn't believe when they announced Hanlon and not Omeonga.

His energy, skilful feet, desire and attitude was superb and agree with other posters, looked a level above today.

Callum_62
16-03-2019, 06:16 PM
Boys a real talent

sauzee=legend
16-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Mini Malonga 😉

Smartie
16-03-2019, 06:22 PM
What he’s so good at is carrying the ball from defence into attack.

He was what we needed to replace SJM. A driving midfield player to take the pressure of defence and get us on the front foot, excellent performance today.

I thought he was outstanding today, especially during the first half. We didn't have close to a bad performance from anyone but he was a clear choice for motm for me.

The above posts sum up what he brings to the team the most, and for me it sums up what we were lacking during the first half of the season. McNulty up there with Flo has made a huge difference, but having a player who can carry the ball at pace from back to front has also had a huge effect.

You can see the impact it is having on players who were toiling at times during the first half of the season - Horgan, Slivka, Mallan, Milligan, Flo - we're getting much more from all of these players now.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Maybe a further 12 month loan deal would be good for him, Genoa and us?

DarlingtonHibee
16-03-2019, 06:25 PM
Outstanding today motm by a mile

we are hibs
16-03-2019, 06:31 PM
An outstanding player and our best Midfielder by a distance. Would love him to stay and play alongside scott allan next season.

matty_f
16-03-2019, 06:32 PM
I thought he was outstanding today, especially during the first half. We didn't have close to a bad performance from anyone but he was a clear choice for motm for me.

The above posts sum up what he brings to the team the most, and for me it sums up what we were lacking during the first half of the season. McNulty up there with Flo has made a huge difference, but having a player who can carry the ball at pace from back to front has also had a huge effect.

You can see the impact it is having on players who were toiling at times during the first half of the season - Horgan, Slivka, Mallan, Milligan, Flo - we're getting much more from all of these players now.

It's almost like the much criticised recruitment team know what they're doing...

tamig
16-03-2019, 06:38 PM
At the risk of stirring up a hornets nest with some posters I have to say he reminds me of Latapy when he’s on a run with the ball. Excellent close control and he seems to have a habit of being confronted by a couple of opponents and emerging with the ball. Unlike wee Russell he seems to have a bit of a dig about him too. Very impressive.

Sir David Gray
16-03-2019, 06:39 PM
Brilliant player, love watching him play.

Onceinawhile
16-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Faded in the last half hour, but thought he was fabulous until then.

Smartie
16-03-2019, 06:46 PM
It's almost like the much criticised recruitment team know what they're doing...

If they could just get us a team for the first half of the season that is anything like as good as the ones they seem to get for the second half of seasons then they might get some of the credit they deserve.

Our January business is looking like it has been very good - again.

Ozyhibby
16-03-2019, 06:51 PM

To be fair, they signed 5 players and only 2 are playing.

Allant1981
16-03-2019, 07:13 PM

And 2 are injured so cant play

hibby6270
16-03-2019, 07:17 PM
He was different class today. MOTM by a country mile imo.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 07:18 PM
A couple of times he had me getting misty-eyed remembering Russell Latapy.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 07:22 PM
His touch, the way he played with his head up - wow.

Reminded me today of a certain player, I wonder if it did anyone else too.

Fantastic display.

LaMotta
16-03-2019, 08:01 PM
His touch, the way he played with his head up - wow.

Reminded me today of a certain player, I wonder if it did anyone else too.

Fantastic display.

:agree: Reminds me of Derek Townsley too.

Hibeesmad
16-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Brilliant young lad who is only going to get better, him and Allan would be terrific to watch. Hopefully we can get something sorted in the summer.

JXM73
16-03-2019, 08:11 PM
He was head and shoulders below everyone today, man o the match!

GreenCastle
16-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Great energy - ball control and skills.

We have been missing a creative type player with a good touch. We used to just pass pass pass but he brings another dimension to us along with Horgan and McNulty.

One of my favourite players now and hopefully we can keep him.

KeithTheHibby
16-03-2019, 08:18 PM
He seems to love being at Hibs too going by his twitter and instagram.
Every chance he will be here next year.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:27 PM
:agree: Reminds me of Derek Townsley too.

😂😂 amazing.

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:27 PM
Brilliant young lad who is only going to get better, him and Allan would be terrific to watch. Hopefully we can get something sorted in the summer.

Get it done before the summer. He’s going to be on the radar of a lot of clubs going on current form.

The Harp Awakes
16-03-2019, 08:30 PM
How good are Belgian players?

Omeonga keeps everything simple. A real talent. Would be great if we could sign him permanently but sadly unlikely due to finances.

LaMotta
16-03-2019, 08:38 PM
😂😂 amazing.

:greengrin

The weight of his passes today were superb. Similar first touch to Latapy aswell.

Libby Hibby
16-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Reminds me so much of Latapy

The 90+2
16-03-2019, 08:39 PM
:greengrin

The weight of his passes today were superb. Similar first touch to Latapy aswell.

I see simllarities with both too mate 😃 a joy to watch at times today.

matty_f
16-03-2019, 08:39 PM
He was excellent, I really like watching him - skillful on the ball, can pick a pass, takes us forward and also gets stuck in.

First half he was the best player on the park by a distance.

CMac1988
16-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Tailed off a bit in the second but he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park in the 1st half... and that's saying something considering we had a few today putting on there best performance in recent weeks.

Besties Debut
16-03-2019, 08:50 PM
Brilliant young lad who is only going to get better, him and Allan would be terrific to watch. Hopefully we can get something sorted in the summer. A Belgian U21 international who has played in Serie A is going to be well out of our price range. We will just have to enjoy him for the next two months.

supermcginn
16-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Different class. Joy to watch.

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-03-2019, 09:12 PM
There was not a bad Hibs player today, but Omeonga was for me, MOTM. Would love to see him in the Hibs team next season alongside Scott Allan. Delighted to see him getting a regular game as he impressed when coming off the bench in his first few games.

jacomo
16-03-2019, 09:13 PM

Simply outrageous that the injured players aren’t playing.

Diclonius
16-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Do we have any chance of getting him on a permanent deal, or do Genoa see him as one for the future?

He'd sort out our McGinn problem nae bother.

CallumLaidlaw
16-03-2019, 09:18 PM
Do we have any chance of getting him on a permanent deal, or do Genoa see him as one for the future?

He'd sort out our McGinn problem nae bother.

The latter. Was made clear when he signed that they rate him highly and just want him to get games. Would like to think we’d push for another years loan but unfortunately can’t see it.

J-C
16-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Very quick feet, quick brain and great energy, more of the same for the rest of the season please. I know he's contracted to Genoa and he's only here for a few short months but I wonder if there's a chance we could get him on loan again for a full season.

Jim44
16-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Our best chance is another loan. I don’t think he is about to break into Genoa’ s plans so I would think it’s not out of the question. If he’s happy here, getting good game time, another season might appeal to him.

hibsbollah
17-03-2019, 12:34 AM
I must confess to having no real knowledge about his future at all, but I'm not really sure why so many posters seem to have given up on us having a chance of keeping him here for another season?

Genoa are on the live serie a game tomorrow against Juve:greengrin so we can judge for ourselves, but I would imagine that he's not going to dislodge some of the midfield starters from that squad. In that event, Genoa would only have an urgent interest in recalling him if they have a transfer fee in mind with another club. I think it's conceivable that he might want more game time in a fantastic city for another season...Well we can choose to live in hope at least.

Smartie
17-03-2019, 12:59 AM
I must confess to having no real knowledge about his future at all, but I'm not really sure why so many posters seem to have given up on us having a chance of keeping him here for another season?

Genoa are on the live serie a game tomorrow against Juve:greengrin so we can judge for ourselves, but I would imagine that he's not going to dislodge some of the midfield starters from that squad. In that event, Genoa would only have an urgent interest in recalling him if they have a transfer fee in mind with another club. I think it's conceivable that he might want more game time in a fantastic city for another season...Well we can choose to live in hope at least.

We often belittle what we have to offer players like Omeonga.

At his stage in his career he's better off playing every week than playing in reserve matches, even if they are serie A ones. There are good players in our league and in our team and I have faith that our coaching team will be helping improve players. He'll have a few big games away games against Rangers and Celtic and the pressure of derbies against Hearts, all of which are better experience for a young footballer than playing half-arsed reserve games in front of a few hundred fans.

I can't see him wanting to join permanently but a year long loan could be a great deal for us, him and Genoa.

As an example (even though he's with us permanently) Slivka is looking more accomplished as the weeks go by, a far cry from the talented reserve player who joined us.

I think that Gattuso ended up a better player later in his career for his exposure to competitive Scottish football early in his career.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2019, 01:30 AM
We must do what we can to sign him, already a cult hero.

NAE NOOKIE
17-03-2019, 02:04 AM
The guys a wee buzz bomb and I'm feelin' the love already. Good on the ball and absolutely works his backside off in every game.

You sometimes get the feeling from loan players, especially ones like him and McNulty who already have first team games under their belts for their parent clubs, that coming to the likes of the Scottish premiership is a come down for them. But nothing could be further from the truth when it comes to both of them, great positive attitudes and making a real contribution.

I presume Genoa keep a close eye on Omeonga, the surely must be liking what they are seeing :aok:

Since452
17-03-2019, 02:31 AM
Class act. Seria A for a reason

Torto7
17-03-2019, 03:18 AM
The latter. Was made clear when he signed that they rate him highly and just want him to get games. Would like to think we’d push for another years loan but unfortunately can’t see it.

That's not what I read. Prandelli doesn't seem to fancy him, he was tossed aside when he came in after being a squad player prior to that. If Genoa want him back then it'll be their sporting director I'd assume.

Omeonga himself spoke about opening new markets being in the UK. So I presume he sees his future over here.

I think there's a good chance we'll at least get him back on loan. He's playing and enjoying himself-even if Genoa want to keep him his value will only improve playing another year(5 years :greengrin) with us.:aok:

judas
17-03-2019, 07:58 AM
He is a two footed player, technically very good and rarely wastes a pass.

I actually think we have a player that would cut it at a much higher level.

Tobias Funke
17-03-2019, 08:30 AM
Reminds me so much of Latapy

So many comparisons to Latapy but playing styles don’t come close in my opinion. He reminds me more of Zemamma.

Latapy was a proper number 10, tricky, skilful and opposition could barely get the ball off him. Omeonga plays deeper and doesn’t have anywhere near the level of trickery Latapy had.

He’s a class player though.

erin go bragh
17-03-2019, 09:12 AM
At the risk of stirring up a hornets nest with some posters I have to say he reminds me of Latapy when he’s on a run with the ball. Excellent close control and he seems to have a habit of being confronted by a couple of opponents and emerging with the ball. Unlike wee Russell👀 he seems to have a bit of a dig about him too. Very impressive.

Yes he reminds me of Latapy too .but Latapy had plenty of dig imo .
Now ,If he could finish like Latapy 👌

Fuzzywuzzy
17-03-2019, 09:35 AM
He is a two footed player, technically very good and rarely wastes a pass.

I actually think we have a player that would cut it at a much higher level.

Agree with that. Some of what he was trying to do was on a different page to team mates

Wigson13
17-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Well just read the Sunday Mail match report by Michael Gannon and according to him Omeonga was Hibs worst player! Rated him 6 whilst the rest of the team had 7 or more - was he actually at the game or did he just make up a report !

HibbyAndy
17-03-2019, 05:35 PM
Omeonga was different class yesterday , A blind man could see that , A cut above everyone else on the pitch .

Shades of Latapy about him where he can drop the shoulder and go left or right .

He's a player

Tiny_Tim
17-03-2019, 05:40 PM

Shame he’s only on loan like almost all our decent players

gbhibby
17-03-2019, 05:53 PM
One for the oldies his running style reminds me of Peter Cormack.

Billy Whizz
17-03-2019, 06:36 PM
He’ll be 23 next week, so not a youngster anymore
He needs to be playing every week, wherever that may be, at his age

Unseen work
17-03-2019, 06:44 PM
I like him and think he’s a good player who will get better with more game time.

Not quite as amazing as others seem to think but a good player who is like to see us get again next season, Also so not see the Latapy comparisons at all.

hibsbollah
17-03-2019, 07:11 PM
I watched the highlights of Genoa beating Juve 2-0 this lunchtime, (kept Juve to no shots on target!!) and had a wee scan at their midfield. Sturaro scored today, and cost 16 million euros from Juve (bet he enjoyed that goal). Goran Pandev the other scorer, absolute legend Macedonias best player of all time, scored an absolute hatful in serie a, usually at striker or sometimes midfield. Two other full regular internationalists from Serbia and Denmark. Thats the level he's got to reach if hes going to be a regular at Genoa.

CapitalGreen
17-03-2019, 07:24 PM

Slaver

04Sauzee
17-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Wasn't aware that Horgan, Marciano, Boyle, Kamberi etc were all loan players.

Iggy Pope
17-03-2019, 08:00 PM

Is Tynie a lonely wee place for Tims like yourself?

Jack Hackett
17-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Is Tynie a lonely wee place for Tims like yourself?

You'd think they'd be a bit more selective in the tone of their posts after lying dormant for 6 months after joining

CRAZYHIBBY
17-03-2019, 08:36 PM
He definately reminds me of latapy with the way he carries himself but latapy was on a different level entirely..... sometimes latapy looked like he had the ball on a string

Mango Man
18-03-2019, 11:21 AM
His passing style it quite similar to Latapy, that kind of nonchalant way of passing it, Omeonga has more to him defensively than Latapy had, but Latapy was out there on his own attacking wise, probably still the best player I've seen at Easter Road.

Hibiza
18-03-2019, 11:34 AM

Spot on :flag:

worcesterhibby
28-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Just watched his latest interview/ press conference on Hibs TV. Intelligent, articulate, honest and humble but with quiet confidence. This is a player with the football skills AND the personal attributes to go a long way in the game. I would love it if Hibs could keep hold of him next season.

Peevemor
28-03-2019, 09:33 AM
Just watched his latest interview/ press conference on Hibs TV. Intelligent, articulate, honest and humble but with quiet confidence. This is a player with the football skills AND the personal attributes to go a long way in the game. I would love it if Hibs could keep hold of him next season.

Of the 2 interviews that appeared on Hibs TV yesterday, I watched his first. His attitude, intelligence and enthusiasm are apparent and you can't help but want him to do well.

I enjoy Hecky's interviews too and like the way that he won't answer questions about things that don't concern him directly. Maybe NL should have done the same to avoid all the stuff about Celtic when he was still Hibs manager.

worcesterhibby
28-03-2019, 09:58 AM
I enjoy Hecky's interviews too and like the way that he won't answer questions about things that don't concern him directly. Maybe NL should have done the same to avoid all the stuff aboutn Celtic when he was still Hibs manager.

Agreed, Hecky's interviews are always excellent. Calm and articulate and gives simple no nonsense answers. he got dragged into the fans behaviour questions a bit too much a couple of weeks ago, but very sensibly he now avoids them and says that he is responsible for the players not the fans. Leaves all that to LD ,Good answer.

Jim44
28-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Of the 2 interviews that appeared on Hibs TV yesterday, I watched his first. His attitude, intelligence and enthusiasm are apparent and you can't help but want him to do well.

I enjoy Hecky's interviews too and like the way that he won't answer questions about things that don't concern him directly. Maybe NL should have done the same to avoid all the stuff about Celtic when he was still Hibs manager.

I don’t think he wanted to avoid all the Celtic stuff. He never really got Celtic out of his system and admits now that he could never really celebrate a Hibs goal against Celtic. He also revealed he had to stop Garry Parker from celebrating at times.

Stuart93
28-03-2019, 02:22 PM
I don’t think he wanted to avoid all the Celtic stuff. He never really got Celtic out of his system and admits now that he could never really celebrate a Hibs goal against Celtic. He also revealed he had to stop Garry Parker from celebrating at times.

****er

green day
28-03-2019, 02:24 PM

Hadnt read that - if true, he can GTF, wee fanny.

Alex Trager
28-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Where is this written about?
And do you mean stop Parker celebrating goals against the tims?

SideBurns
28-03-2019, 04:17 PM
Hadnt read that - if true, he can GTF, wee fanny.

How does this make Lennon any different from a player who doesn't like celebrating a goal against their old team (like Sparky v us at Celtic Park)? Our results and performances against Celtic under Lennon suggest that he was trying to beat them just as much as against any other team!

Since452
28-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Im so glad he's away from our club.

Chip shop Joe
28-03-2019, 04:34 PM
I think there is quite a bit of aftertiming here, in relation to Lennon.

He was good for Hibs and it all turned a bit sour but that is football.

He gave us some great times so let us look forward rather than back!

Lewiehas2
28-03-2019, 04:38 PM
How does this make Lennon any different from a player who doesn't like celebrating a goal against their old team (like Sparky v us at Celtic Park)? Our results and performances against Celtic under Lennon suggest that he was trying to beat them just as much as against any other team!

In no way a Lennon supporter but your last sentence is a great point. Does it really matter if he cheered when we scored? Point is we played well and beat them, I’m sure that’s what’s important from a Hibs perspective

Humo
28-03-2019, 04:39 PM
How does this make Lennon any different from a player who doesn't like celebrating a goal against their old team (like Sparky v us at Celtic Park)? Our results and performances against Celtic under Lennon suggest that he was trying to beat them just as much as against any other team!Because it's one thing for him to not celebrate it's another thing from stopping the other background staff from celebrating.

Ridiculous behaviour if true.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
28-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Because it's one thing for him to not celebrate it's another thing from stopping the other background staff from celebrating.

Ridiculous behaviour if true.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Personally dont care if a manager celebrates a goal the important thing was how we played under NL against Celtic in his time here and which clearly were some of the best we had in his tenure.

worcesterhibby
28-03-2019, 07:32 PM
This is a thread about Omeonga, lets leave the Lennon chat for every other thread :rolleyes:

Jim44
28-03-2019, 08:26 PM
****er

Who? Me or Lennon? I heard Lennon in an interview after a Celtic match ( presumably Sportscene, but I’m not sure ), probably the Dundee game, say exactly what I recounted. I can’t believe nobody else heard this.

ps. It was in a Sun article. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3973321/celtic-neil-lennon-celebrate-goals-parkhead/ For those who don’t click on Sun stuff, it was a ‘quoted’ account.

SideBurns
28-03-2019, 08:47 PM
This is a thread about Omeonga, lets leave the Lennon chat for every other thread :rolleyes:

I agree worcesterhibby. Someone earlier in the thread felt it necessary to start referencing Lennon, but once it's done stupid comments which attempt to discredit him when we generally played superbly against Celtic under Lennon's tenure can't go unchallenged.

In a probably vain attempt to get this back on track, Omeonga is a cracking player and we should enjoy him while he's here.

green day
28-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Because he was our manager, not a player who supports Hibs?

If you can't see why Lennon not wanting to celebrate goals for us v them is an issue, then that's cool, up to you.

I, on the other hand, want a manager who is happy when we score.

CallumLaidlaw
28-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Where is this written about?
And do you mean stop Parker celebrating goals against the tims?

There’s a clip of him telling a crowd of Celtic fans this from a fair few months ago, while he was still Hibs manager.

Alex Trager
28-03-2019, 09:19 PM
There’s a clip of him telling a crowd of Celtic fans this from a fair few months ago, while he was still Hibs manager.

Utter welt

hfc rd
29-03-2019, 12:14 AM
Do we have a chance of keeping him permanently I.e. clause in his loan deal that it can become permanent or is it unlikely? Him and Scott Allan together in midfield would be an absolute dream!

Since452
29-03-2019, 09:10 AM
Up there with our best loan signings. Terrific wee player and good head on his shoulders too.

Onceinawhile
29-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Do we have a chance of keeping him permanently I.e. clause in his loan deal that it can become permanent or is it unlikely? Him and Scott Allan together in midfield would be an absolute dream!

I suspect not, but who knows. Seems to be closer to Genoa's first team than Slivka was to Juve's 3rd, so I doubt we can give them what they want.

The 90+2
29-03-2019, 12:14 PM

Surprising.

Where’s Borat? 😁

Thank God hes away. Omeonga would be suffering from shoulder problems if he was still manager.

JeMeSouviens
29-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Footballer (or manager) tells fans what they want to hear - hold the front page!

Tyler Durden
29-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Got a fiver on him for first scorer tonight at 33/1.

Officially jinxed him but those odds are way too big!

Onceinawhile
29-03-2019, 02:20 PM

One goal for Belgium u-15s is his total goal tally over his career. 33/1 is far too short!

Aim Here
29-03-2019, 02:23 PM

Big? Far too small, surely.

Stephane has played 4000 minutes of competitive football in his career, and in all that time has so far scored no goals and only one assist (which was that glorious pass to McNulty vs St Johnstone). He does look like a great wee player, but goals have, up to now, not been his thing.

danhibees1875
29-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Big? Far too small, surely.

Stephane has played 4000 minutes of competitive football in his career, and in all that time has so far scored no goals and only one assist (which was that glorious pass to McNulty vs St Johnstone). He does look like a great wee player, but goals have, up to now, not been his thing.

Sir David Gray had worse stats. :wink:

pacoluna
29-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Some player that omeonga Lennon.

Keith_M
29-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Some player that omeonga Lennon.

Isn't he one of the Omeonga brothers, and the other one played for Falkirk?

Borderhibbie76
29-03-2019, 05:26 PM
Hadnt read that - if true, he can GTF, wee fanny.He has thankfully...utter t####r if he did say that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
29-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Love the guy's attitude and skill but I thought he struggled with the way Livi played tonight which will be similar to how Hearts will set up next week. I would leave him out of the derby and play Slivka.

Since452
29-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Love the guy's attitude and skill but I thought he struggled with the way Livi played tonight which will be similar to how Hearts will set up next week. I would leave him out of the derby and play Slivka.

Thats a good point. Livi and Hearts style very similar. Livi maybe try and play a bit more football though. Tonight definitely a good warm up for the derby though.

hibsbollah
29-03-2019, 11:19 PM

I'd play both of them in a 451. Win the midfield by getting numbers in there and trust in McNulty.

AugustaHibs
29-03-2019, 11:20 PM
That pitch didn’t do him any favours.. players with his ability need to be able to get the ball down and it’s almost impossible on that bouncy castle

B.H.F.C
29-03-2019, 11:21 PM
I'd play both of them in a 451. Win the midfield by getting numbers in there and trust in McNulty.

He played in a 451 tonight and couldn’t get a hold of it at all.

Struggled with the pace and the way they were in his face. Not something he’s used to.

Nicho87
29-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Not his best game tonight. But we won so all good.

hibsbollah
29-03-2019, 11:24 PM
He played in a 451 tonight and couldn’t get a hold of it at all.

Struggled with the pace and the way they were in his face. Not something he’s used to.

I don't disagree, but I don't agree with dropping one of our best performers after one poor game.

beensaidbefore
29-03-2019, 11:27 PM
Didn't have as good a game as I had expected he would. Great tracking back at times, very strong for a smaller guy. Think he has a real footballing brain, looks for a sensible pass most of the time and plays the ball into space a lot of the time. Unlucky with his heavy pass through to Kamberi. Hopefully back on form for next week.

inglisavhibs
29-03-2019, 11:29 PM
I don't disagree, but I don't agree with dropping one of our best performers after one poor game.
Wonder if has played a full scale game on astro? Training on it is not the same as a game where the tackles are flying in. Good decision to take him off tonight.

B.H.F.C
29-03-2019, 11:30 PM

Not necesarilly suggesting he should be dropped but it’ll have give the manager something to think about. It’ll be a very similar game at Tynecastle next week.

Hibeesmad
29-03-2019, 11:43 PM

I think he should be dropped just as a tactical tweak rather than due to a poor performance. However, Hecky is the Head Coach and i'm sure he will pick the team he feels will win the game! :flag:

Greencore
29-03-2019, 11:46 PM
If we sign him in the summer then I would be one happy hibee.

Criswell
30-03-2019, 12:40 AM
Reading Lennon's comments about not really liking Hibs scoring against Celtic confirms what I have always believed; that he was not a good fit for us. He was never going to commit fully to us.
I was really surprised the board appointed him given his past and it won't go down as their finest moment. His record with us was nothing special. He is back where he always wanted to be so good luck to him. He's gone so we move on with a manager, I hope really wants to be here.

tamig
30-03-2019, 01:01 AM
Reading Lennon's comments about not really liking Hibs scoring against Celtic confirms what I have always believed; that he was not a good fit for us. He was never going to commit fully to us.
I was really surprised the board appointed him given his past and it won't go down as their finest moment. His record with us was nothing special. He is back where he always wanted to be so good luck to him. He's gone so we move on with a manager, I hope really wants to be here.
His record with us - other than the last few months - was pretty good in my book.

Hibeesmad
30-03-2019, 02:22 AM

I haven't seen the comments you have mentioned but in all respect to Lennon he did get results against Celtic and gave us many other happy memories along the way. He is a die hard Celtic fan just like we are to Hibs.

Hermit Crab
30-03-2019, 02:27 AM

I actually thought the pitch hampered his play, he didn't look comfortable on it imo.

JimBHibees
30-03-2019, 07:27 AM
His record with us - other than the last few months - was pretty good in my book.

Agree I would say more than pretty good also given getting and doing pretty well in Europe and being within touching distance of second in the league. He did well but the wheels did fall off the wagon and both parties separating was probably best for both.